PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sven sacked

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Sacked from Leicester.

He certainly gets about a bit in terms of management!

Gettin' Auld
24-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Sacked from Leicester.

In more ways than one......... :greengrin

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 05:50 PM
:top marks
In more ways than one......... :greengrin

Who's going to be the first to ask if he'd come to Hibs?

I'll be the first to ask if you'd have him at Hibs.

I'd say 100% definately.

Sumner
24-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Hell yeah, mon Sven, you know you want tae be here !!

iwasthere1972
24-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Sacked from Leicester.

He's had more positions than the Kama Sutra.

HH81
24-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Not a chance, has he ever done a good job at a football club? not sure how he gets so many jobs :confused:

grunt
24-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Not Hibs class. (Is that the right words?)

iwasthere1972
24-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Not a chance, has he ever done a good job at a football club? not sure how he gets so many jobs :confused:

To be fair he did well at Gothenburg, Benfica and Roma but has done hee haw since 2001 when we took over the England job from Kevin Keegan. So 10 years of being utterly useless. He has the ideal credentials for the Hibs job when CC goes.

YehButNoBut
24-10-2011, 06:32 PM
A return for Martin O'Neill, must be worth a few quid with the bookies. :agree:

iwasthere1972
24-10-2011, 06:36 PM
A return for Martin O'Neill, must be worth a few quid with the bookies. :agree:

Jim Jeffries has been spotted hovering in the lobby of the Leicester Marriot Hotel clutching his mobile phone. He hasn't even ordered a drink or a meal.

Get your money on FJK. You know it makes sense.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Was he not spotted in the Leicester club shop today?

iwasthere1972
24-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Was he not spotted in the Leicester club shop today?

He's not spotted. You must be thinking of Craig Gordon.

Leicester Fan
24-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Shocked that this has happened so soon but the writing's been on the wall for a while now.

Apparently the board has someone lined up (Alan Shearer has even been mentioned:wtf:)

Billy Whizz
24-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Shocked that this has happened so soon but the writing's been on the wall for a while now.

Apparently the board has someone lined up (Alan Shearer has even been mentioned:wtf:)

Billy Davies possibly?

Leicester Fan
24-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Billy Davies possibly?

Some people on our forum would like that. Not for me thankyou.

Gala Foxes
24-10-2011, 07:23 PM
He went for quantity rather than quality in the Summer, splashing the cash and 2 months into the season still hasn't found his best team.

Mark Hughes or M O'Neill for me

Shearer would be too big a risk and still have'nt forgiven him for his assault on Neil Lennon in a City Newcastle game 10/12 years ago

greenlex
24-10-2011, 07:26 PM
He went for quantity rather than quality in the Summer, splashing the cash and 2 months into the season still hasn't found his best team.

Shearer would be too big a risk and still have'nt forgiven him for his assault on Neil Lennon in a City Newcastle game 10/12 years ago

Whats to forgive? He should get a medal or summit.:greengrin

Billy Whizz
24-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Neil Lennon then?

Stevie Reid
25-10-2011, 10:50 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15438896.stm

Academy director Jon Rudkin and coach Mike Stowell have taken joint control of the first team, with assistance from development coach Steve Beaglehole.

Keith_M
25-10-2011, 11:31 AM

I have an exclusive for you, it's CC.

Rod's just sorting out the compensation now. Apparently, he's only willing to pay Leicester 400k max.

:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Foxes go for Beaglehole? I would double check that information in case it is from the BBC Autumn Watch website.

yeezus.
25-10-2011, 02:39 PM
There was a lot of talk of Leicester winning the Championship before the season began. I'm glad this isn't looking likely, so not surprised to see Sven go.

steakbake
25-10-2011, 03:16 PM
To be fair he did well at Gothenburg, Benfica and Roma but has done hee haw since 2001 when we took over the England job from Kevin Keegan. So 10 years of being utterly useless. He has the ideal credentials for the Hibs job when CC goes.

To be fair, I thought Sven got a bad rap from his time in the England job. He was a bit of a victim of people's expectations. They expected him to deliver silverware. The fact of the matter is that as footballing nations go, England's "level" is - and has been for a long time - the Quarter Finals.

I don't think he's a bad manager. Just seems to have the "ability" to get teams playing to their level and little beyond.

heretoday
25-10-2011, 03:21 PM
He's got a great CV from the 90s on the continent but not much since then. Hard to dislike him.

How would he cope on a wet Tuesday night under the lights at Falkirk? Clean answers only please!

Billy McKirdy
25-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Am I the only one who is baffled by this decision?

Leicester are currently 2 points off a play-off place and 5 points off a automatic promotion...WTF!

Leicester Fan
25-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Am I the only one who is baffled by this decision?

Leicester are currently 2 points off a play-off place and 5 points off a automatic promotion...WTF!

There are around 5 or 6 teams within 2 points off the playoffs.

It's been 1 step forward 2 steps back all season, he's spent a massive amount of money without a massive improvement in results. Personally I'd have gave it a bit longer but it's understandable in a way.

greenlex
25-10-2011, 07:58 PM
There are around 5 or 6 teams within 2 points off the playoffs.

It's been 1 step forward 2 steps back all season, he's spent a massive amount of money within a massive improvement in results. Personally I'd have gave it a bit longer but it's understandable in a way.

Surely youwould be bottom if that was the case. I find it baffling too to be honest. How long has he been in the job?

Leicester Fan
25-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Surely youwould be bottom if that was the case. I find it baffling too to be honest. How long has he been in the job?

Almost 13 months.

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2011, 10:09 PM

:rolleyes:

Leicester Fan
26-10-2011, 06:05 PM

I was there. He kicked Lennon in the head and then threatened to not play for England in the World Cup if the FA punished him. Tbf to Lennon he didn't make a big deal of it.

Leicester Fan
15-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Don't suppose you lads are interested but Nigel Pearson confirmed as manager.

SaulGoodman
15-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Don't suppose you lads are interested but Nigel Pearson confirmed as manager.

Thanks for the info :aok:

Green and white
16-11-2011, 01:28 AM

I could see my self kicking someone in the face during a game, especially an important one. People change when they get on the park and a lot of fans don't understand that. Even the soundest of lads can turn into dicks when they step on the pitch, it's just the test levels going through the roof, your hormones are all over the place. I like big Shearer although I don't think he would ever come up to Scotland to manage. As for Sven I don't think he's a good manager at all. I recall England players talking about him being quite starstruck when picking the team. Making David Beckham captain when Nevile was the united captain etc.