PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths's

YehButNoBut
24-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Thought Leigh played very well on Saturday, forced an error out of their keeper for the first and linked well with Garry and a nice strike for the winner.

Hopefully we can extend his loan deal beyond January as we can't afford to lose him at this stage of the season.

According to the BBC that is just what Hibs are trying to do, let's hope CC succeeds with this one. :thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15437444.stm

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Thought Leigh played very well on Saturday, forced an error out of their keeper for the first and linked well with Garry and a nice strike for the 2nd.

Hopefully we can extend his loan deal beyond January as we can't afford to lose him at this stage of the season.

According to the BBC that is just what Hibs are trying to do, let's hope CC succeeds with this one. :thumbsup:

I'd love to see him in a Hibs shirt at the end of the season - clearly means the world to the lad.

green glory
24-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Thought Leigh played very well on Saturday, forced an error out of their keeper for the first and linked well with Garry and a nice strike for the 2nd.

CC wants him at ER, We want him at ER, and he clearly wants to be here. When does his contract run out at Wolves?

Billy Whizz
24-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Did he not sign for Wolves in the January window. A lot will depend on Wolves situation at the end of the season I think

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2011, 04:45 PM
I like him, he has a lot to offer at our level and imo would enhance the team.

JimBHibees
24-10-2011, 04:51 PM

I agree think he has an excellent attitude, always looking to impress, has a bit of pace and ability and brings a determination to the team that we sadly lack.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2011, 05:10 PM
We Were Promised Jetpacks.

Big Frank
24-10-2011, 05:31 PM

Yes, I agree.

Not sure if he's ready for the English premiership just now to be honest.

One of very few who has genuine talent at ER at the minute....

R'Albin
24-10-2011, 07:14 PM

Agree, not sure he is good enough for the epl though-time will tell.

:tee hee:

Mixu62
25-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Should only offer an extension if he reveals the whereabouts of Jocky Scott's tippex. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
25-10-2011, 12:16 AM
I know these things can change very quickly but going by his interview which was shown on Saturday night on BBC Alba, he seems quite adamant that, although he's happy to have signed for Hibs, he is looking to go back down to Wolves and show what he can do in the English Premiership as that is the league he is desperate to play in.

With Wolves struggling just now, they may want him back in January to give them another option up front.

matty_f
25-10-2011, 12:23 AM
I know these things can change very quickly but going by his interview which was shown on Saturday night on BBC Alba, he seems quite adamant that, although he's happy to have signed for Hibs, he is looking to go back down to Wolves and show what he can do in the English Premiership as that is the league he is desperate to play in.

With Wolves struggling just now, they may want him back in January to give them another option up front.

IMHO, Leigh is a long way from being the answer to Wolves' problems. He's got two SPL goals and has been ineffective in games - the big plus for Leigh and Wolves is that he is getting better the more exposure he's getting to SPL level football. It would do neither party any harm at all to extend the loan til the end of the season.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2011, 12:44 AM
IMHO, Leigh is a long way from being the answer to Wolves' problems. He's got two SPL goals and has been ineffective in games - the big plus for Leigh and Wolves is that he is getting better the more exposure he's getting to SPL level football. It would do neither party any harm at all to extend the loan til the end of the season.

I would agree with that. I was actually expecting a bit better from him to be honest as he's only really turned it on in a couple of matches so far.

I also don't think he's the answer for Wolves at the moment but they are in a bit of a mess at the moment and badly need some wins. I think the logical thing would be for the two clubs to extend the deal to the end of the season but I can only go on what he said in the interview that I heard on Saturday night, which was basically that he intends to go back down to Wolves, after his loan spell is finished, to fight for a place in their team.

PeeJay
25-10-2011, 06:33 AM
I also don't think he's the answer for Wolves at the moment ...

Not even convinced he's the answer for us, never mind Wolves. His two goals against St Mirren have to be compared against his (IMO) pretty poor/ineffectual performances for us up to now - be interesting to see how he shapes up against Celtic.

PaulSmith
25-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Play him at centre forward, two best games v 'Well away and Sat were up top with Gary.
None of this pishy left or right midfield rubbish.

Barney McGrew
25-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Play him at centre forward, two best games v 'Well away and Sat were up top with Gary.

:agree:

They link up well together.

3pm
25-10-2011, 06:59 AM
I am not even sure Griffiths would make it in the Championship never mind Premiership!

He should stay here but money talks unfortunately!

IWasThere2016
25-10-2011, 07:11 AM
I think there's a good chance he will be at ER next season - he is not EPL standard.

Wolves have younger/better who have pushed ahead of him also.

We are his team and his level IMHO.

bingo70
25-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Not even convinced he's the answer for us, never mind Wolves. His two goals against St Mirren have to be compared against his (IMO) pretty poor/ineffectual performances for us up to now - be interesting to see how he shapes up against Celtic.

Thats what i was thinking, whenever i've seen him, all the games at easter road, he's been pretty poor, with the exception of when he came off the bench against aberdeen.

Thats probably why to be fair, can see he's got something and appears to have a great attitude on the park although i've been impressed with Agogo the last few weeks and GoC is obviously first pick up there so not sure where he fits in up front as I'm not sure playing 3 up front against celtc is the way to go.

frazeHFC
25-10-2011, 07:45 AM
He said on Alba he will go back in January to try and get in Wolves' team, but i got the impression that he would like to stay.

YehButNoBut
25-10-2011, 11:07 AM

@clash_music (https://twitter.com/#%21/clash_music) clash_music
We Were Promised Jetpacks (@wwpj (https://twitter.com/#%21/wwpj)) announce new single clashmusic.com/news/new-we-we… (http://t.co/xMj2fLRt)

:wink:

SuperEddieT
25-10-2011, 11:22 AM
I also thought he was sperb coming on against Motherwell. Play him straight up the middle & he'll score goals.

--------
25-10-2011, 11:31 AM
I also thought he was sperb coming on against Motherwell. Play him straight up the middle & he'll score goals.

Yup. He's not a wide player.

Sadly, money talks and even if Wolves decide against keeping him there'll be other teams in the market ahead of us.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2011, 11:31 AM
He was also playing very well against dunfermline before being inexplicably subbed?

SuperEddieT
25-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Yup. He's not a wide player.

Sadly, money talks and even if Wolves decide against keeping him there'll be other teams in the market ahead of us.

Back page of todays EEN has him publicly saying he wants to stay beyond the current deal.

Dear Santa...........

greenlex
25-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I think the laddie has been trying too hard. Hopefully the weekend goals will have settked him and we may yet benefit from the best ge has to offer.