PDA

View Full Version : Hibs or other football collectors items

Thecat23
24-10-2011, 01:30 PM
With Hibs bringing out the 1991 Skol Cup strip, it got me thinking about things i have kept from years ago. I have the full Italia 90 World Cup Coin Collection. Both Esso and The one with all the Countries on the coin.

What have all you guys got that may one day be worth a few bob!

Mark79
24-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Alan o'briens gloves. Circa July 2008.

cocopops1875
24-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Just Hibs stuff I have Murrays, Hanlons and Thicots poppy shirts from last season,oconnors shirt from the sunderland friendly,a worn Marie shirt, mark dempseys bright yellow and black shirt, oconnors Scotland shirt from a world cup qualifier(he didnt get on) leightons red shirt from France 98 and a mitre clown sleeves player issue shirt. In the goalkeeping hall of shame I have a pair of the monks gloves a pair of tony caigs gloves Simon browns shirt and nicky colgans shirt

jamieross
24-10-2011, 04:01 PM
I have an old plaque that the team used on their buses when travelling to games. It has the old badge with the crown on it, no idea if its worth anything though?

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Alan o'briens gloves. Circa July 2008.

I got his boots. Absolutely mint condition.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2011, 05:07 PM
And Gary Mackay's trophy cabinet. Empty, bar his certificates and medal for his sterling work in the race relations industry.

'How are you on race relations, Gary?'

'Well, I'm faster than my thalidomide cousin but a bit slower than my one-legged war veteran uncle.'

A true star and a gem of a guy.

.Sean.
24-10-2011, 05:21 PM
I've a peculiar scarf - It's really dark gree, has ancled white stripes, is cotton with a kinda fur where the tassles would usually be. has a badge on it with the inscription Hibernian FSA on it. The badge incorporates a thistle, Lion Rampant, castle and a football. Anyone any info on this? :confused:

Thousands of programmes, home and away. Earliest is 1952.

My Dad golfs on occassion with Pat Nevin through a guy he works with, Pat gave to me numerous pin badges he picked up through his career.

I have an unused Hibs Mitre matchball from last year. Not even blown up. Came via East Mains. Worth a fair bit of cash, they're not the cheapo's you can buy in the club shop.

Every home top from around '93 - '08 and most away tops. Stopped buying them.

Also got one of Callum Booth's matchworn home tops from last season and his yellow shorts.

My Dad's old tops were all thrown out by my Gran - Daftie!

Big Frank
24-10-2011, 05:26 PM
I've a peculiar scarf - It's really dark gree, has ancled white stripes, is cotton with a kinda fur where the tassles would usually be. has a badge on it with the inscription Hibernian FSA on it. The badge incorporates a thistle, Lion Rampant, castle and a football. Anyone any info on this? :confused:

Thousands of programmes, home and away. Earliest is 1952.

My Dad golfs on occassion with Pat Nevin through a guy he works with, Pat gave to me numerous pin badges he picked up through his career.

I have an unused Hibs Mitre matchball from last year. Not even blown up. Came via East Mains. Worth a fair bit of cash, they're not the cheapo's you can buy in the club shop.

Every home top from around '93 - '08 and most away tops. Stopped buying them.

Also got one of Callum Booth's matchworn home tops from last season and his yellow shorts.

My Dad's old tops were all thrown out by my Gran - Daftie!

yes, its actually a piece of **** Sean, an old rag.

Let me take it off your hands for you. No need for thanks. Shall I PM you my addy?

:wink:

Big Frank
24-10-2011, 05:27 PM
I have an old plaque that the team used on their buses when travelling to games. It has the old badge with the crown on it, no idea if its worth anything though?

Its worth £5.

Tell you what, I'm feeling very generous. I'll give you £10 for it. Twice its value:agree:

Shall I PM you my addy?

.Sean.
24-10-2011, 05:40 PM

Let me take it off your hands for you. No need for thanks. Shall I PM you my addy?

Picture attatched. Not for sale, but I dunno if anyone can maybe shed some light on it?

Billy Whizz
24-10-2011, 05:41 PM
I've got an autograph book that goes back the to 50's (given to me as a present). It's got Man Utd etc from this era and a page on Hibs for the 1967 season.

Big Frank
24-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Picture attatched. Not for sale, but I dunno if anyone can maybe shed some light on it?

Thats not the scarf I was thinking you were on about.... sure its a Hibernian FC scarf?... for some reason it looks rugger to me?

Interesting.:agree:

NthCarolinaHibs
24-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I have a minature,with a Hibs figure in it , never seen another one or anyone mention it before...got it in a wee gift shop back in the 60's..

pacorosssco
24-10-2011, 06:15 PM

pretty sure either an edinburgh select side or a scottish league select side. Think Edinburgh played at ER or Sh*t€castle against teams and wore the home teams socks?

cocopops1875
24-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Very nice of you frank its great to see the hibernian community helping each other out :-)

heretoday
24-10-2011, 07:00 PM

I have a tie with the same faded badge on it. Definitely a Hibs tie from about 1964. Bought in Waverley Tailoring, so it must be ok.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-10-2011, 07:06 PM

I had one of those for years, it's from the early 60s and must be worth a few bob, my dear old Ma threw all my Hibs stuff out when I moved to London in 69...bless

:rolleyes:

.Sean.
24-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Cheers guys :aok:

I'm gonna wear it on Wednesday - here's hoping it brings a wee bitty luck!

frazeHFC
24-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I have programmes from quite a while ago that i got handed. Not just Hibs but Aberdeen ones including Europe etc. Long before my time but i am sure a lot of you would remember the games. :greengrin

Got the Scotland v Spain win, some European cup finals and both recent Liverpool ones.

Not worth anything but to me they are good to keep. :agree:

.Sean.
24-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Thats not the scarf I was thinking you were on about.... sure its a Hibernian FC scarf?... for some reason it looks rugger to me?

Interesting.:agree:
Definate Hibs scarf - I'll post a bigger pic of the badge.

SteveHFC
24-10-2011, 07:13 PM
I have lots of Hibs and Scotland programmes. Also have a few scarfs.

jabis
24-10-2011, 07:20 PM

yegads...I had one of them(my uncle probaly still has it !).To turn me into Hibby,he sent off,or asked,for a "Gift pack".......1969/70,so a signed team photo,various pin badges.tie ,and THAT scarf.
I was about 5 or 6 at the time,and they were no use to me,so uncle became the curator :aok:(I've already got dibs on his 500 minature whisky collection) :greengrin:greengrin

madgoalie87
24-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Ive got a napkin signed by jock stein. Anyone interested?

Cameron1875
24-10-2011, 07:46 PM
I have Makalambys training jumper from when we clinched 4th with Yogi up at Tannadice. I'm sure A Regulator would be interested in buying it off me. :greengrin

cocopops1875
24-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Ah big maka i managed to one of the black and yellow strips him and the monk wore that were never on sale loved the crazy big bombscare

Www1875hfc
24-10-2011, 08:04 PM
I have Jackie Mac's Old Bukta Strip.
Also 1 o Yogi's.

edinburghhibee
25-10-2011, 08:17 AM
My old man is right into collecting programmes and has been for decades he has the official programme from the Lisbon Lions european cup final win few folk have attempted to buy it off him but he is holding off. Not sure how much the programme is worth... guess its only worth what someone will pay for it.

The Harp
25-10-2011, 08:40 AM

Hi Sean, I've a similar scarf in my collection, bought in the early 60's. It has single diagonal white stripes and the small badges have 'HIBERNIAN' printed above the crest and 'SUPPORTERS' below. The crest consists of the same four elements but in a different order.
I'd imagine the 'FSA' on your scarf would simply stand for 'football supporters association.' A lot of scarves in those days were screen printed locally by Maddocks and Dick at their premises on the Royal Mile (since moved to Porty High Street), I think mine was one of them.
My first Hibs scarf was bought on St Mary's Street in the mid fifties and had a harp as part of the crest - wish I still had it.
Hope your scarf brings us luck on Wed night.:aok:

saltandsauce
25-10-2011, 09:54 AM
My father has the same scarf
Picture attatched. Not for sale, but I dunno if anyone can maybe shed some light on it?7717

tanfield
25-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Hundreds of Hibs cards from cigarette cards produced at the turn of the 20th century to Topps cards in the 70's.

LancashireHibby
25-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Thought this thread probably best suited it - after years of searching, I've just bought the 'Zitelli' away strip off Ebay, and even got it for a tenner 'Best Offer' instead of the £15 that was being asked. :thumbsup:

PatHead
25-10-2011, 02:31 PM
My dad had a Hibs 2nd division winners medal from 1930 something. About 10 years ago someone stole it in a break in. He always said he would leave it to me but obviously never got it. It is inscribed J Martin, Director. He has now passed away and I would love to get it back and would be willing to pay "a reward for information leading to its return". If anyone could help I would be eternally grateful.

PedroEdin84
25-10-2011, 02:39 PM
I was one the 50 nutters who paid £450 for a framed hibs top that was signed by the team on the
Day of our 5-1 win against Kilmarnock to lift CIS cup! Top is embroided with date/ game etc. Also in a silver frame marked 32/50! Anyone know a rough value? Cheers ( ps I bought it 4 weeks before
Final!!! )

Was bought direct from hibs

cocopops1875
25-10-2011, 03:04 PM
To be honest Pedro its hard to put a price on these things as they are simply worth what someone's willing to pay and your initial outlay was pretty big, all that said it won't have hurt that we won but in my opinion you would be lucky to see your investment returned. Really nice item tho from a great day and having paid that it should have pride of place on your wall

PedroEdin84
25-10-2011, 03:15 PM
To be honest Pedro its hard to put a price on these things as they are simply worth what someone's willing to pay and your initial outlay was pretty big, all that said it won't have hurt that we won but in my opinion you would be lucky to see your investment returned. Really nice item tho from a great day and having paid that it should have pride of place on your wall

Oh it does! Reminds me of that crazy limousine day! Would never sell it! Just wondered if it was worth much!! One of the best things I bought!!

cocopops1875
25-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Remember it from the time thought it was cracking