PDA

View Full Version : NHC Mr Magoo Spills The Beans!!

Gettin' Auld
24-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Here's his thoughts about why he failed at Aberdeen.

It wisnae his fault clicky (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3889222/Ex-boss-Mark-McGhee-lays-into-Pittodrie-chief.html)

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Magoo, Yogi, Yogi, Magoo.

Imagine the two of them in a room together.

LancashireHibby
24-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Merely speculating here, but maybe some of the things mentioned by McGhee about Aberdeen could be said similarly about Hibs?

RyeSloan
24-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Depsite things being so good at Motherwell and that he was so well looked after he happily walked out on them...says a lot about the man I think.

Saorsa
24-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Merely speculating here, but maybe some of the things mentioned by McGhee about Aberdeen could be said similarly about Hibs?the bit about people who could suck the life out of a room?

LancashireHibby
24-10-2011, 12:49 PM
the bit about people who could suck the life out of a room?
Something along those lines - as has been said on here many times, surely Sauzée, Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood etc aren't all bad managers?

Gettin' Auld
24-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Something along those lines - as has been said on here many times, surely Sauzée, Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood etc aren't all bad managers?

That did cross my mind when i read it too........

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Magoo, Yogi, Yogi, Magoo.

Imagine the two of them in a room together.

We shouldn't be worrying about the idiot we sacked.

We should be concerned about the total prick that we appointed.

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 04:04 PM
We shouldn't be worrying about the idiot we sacked.

We should be concerned about the total prick that we appointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqT-AhKnLKg

Your words, CC.

Do your job, get Hibs top five again and make it happen quickly.

basehibby
24-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Merely speculating here, but maybe some of the things mentioned by McGhee about Aberdeen could be said similarly about Hibs?

I was thinking the same - particularly the bit about "Training on a Sunday? We don't train on Sundays". Ever since the JC player's revolt I've had the impression of a hardcore af lazy barstewards at the club who need their erses kicking high up in the air - I dunno if that's changed at all in the intervening years but the whole incident reeked of over-pampered under-professionalism and this was bourne out by the pathetic exit from the SC which followed shortly thereafter.

Also, I may be doing him a disservice but RP has never given an impression of great affability - do he and the rest of the board help to provide a supportive and enthusiastic environment for the coaching team and players etc to thrive in? They certainly all come accross as having a very professional attitude to their work - I hope that extends to the points McGhee has raised here re working environment - he may be a blustering arrogant fandangoe but I think his comments here carry a resonance which extends to any workplace, in or out of football.

The Falcon
24-10-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure I get all this. Whats McGhee actually saying here? The Chairman, who runs a massive business dosent run around asking folk how they are getting on? Or that the receptionist didn't look him in the eye or ask to see photies off his wean? Or that the players didnt want to train on a Sunday?

Are these the reasons they got humped 9-0? Nothing to do with McGhee?

And the club he expects to worship him after he firked off to Celtic as a player as soon as he could then openly touted himself for the Celtic job while manager at the Sheep? As well as firkin off from Well? Lets not mention Reading, Leicester or meetings with Vlad shall we? And he feels unloved?

The poor wee lamb..........................

LancashireHibby
24-10-2011, 07:05 PM
But all those aspects are indicative of a strong team spirit and all the club working hard for each other and pushing each other on. Get a charge of positivity running throughout the place and I'm sure it does a lot more for on-field prospects that players and staff who rarely interact or in a negative atmosphere (this is as true in any workplace, not just a football club).

The Falcon
24-10-2011, 07:09 PM
But all those aspects are indicative of a strong team spirit and all the club working hard for each other and pushing each other on. Get a charge of positivity running throughout the place and I'm sure it does a lot more for on-field prospects that players and staff who rarely interact or in a negative atmosphere (this is as true in any workplace, not just a football club).

And Mark McGhee? That paragon of virtue, openness, loyalty and integrity? What an asset he must have been.

Bostonhibby
24-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Here's his thoughts about why he failed at Aberdeen.

It wisnae his fault clicky (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3889222/Ex-boss-Mark-McGhee-lays-into-Pittodrie-chief.html)

Ah that explains it, and here's me thinking it was because he is an E*rse.

keep the faith
27-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Dear o dear. He is back in paper today. "Embarassed" about his last interview. Had no problem when at aberdeen. Didn't live up to fans expectations and " I deserved the sack"

Best line of the lot around his weekend comments - "the journalist brought me coffee and seduced me"

You can't make that guy up!

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Never liked McGhoo. Always looks like he has a wee smear of something below his nose and is always sniffing something not nice. Remember seeing him as a pundit for a recent Brighton home game and wondered if SKY were taking the pis* and more or less saying, look what has happened here since they binned you. There is a good point to be made about Motherwell though in that McGhoo, Brown and McCall have been able to go in there and make an impact reasonably quickly. Must be a decent place to work?

johnrebus
27-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Really think that McGoo and Yogi should get together and start a Management Company.

Website name?

How about, howtotalkyourselfoutofeverbecomingamanageragain.co .uk

:greengrin