PDA

View Full Version : Ivan

scoopyboy
23-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Apologies if posted / answered elsewhere but where was Ivan yesterday?

.Sean.
23-10-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm led to believe he's picked up an injury J.

scoopyboy
23-10-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm led to believe he's picked up an injury J.

Thanks Sean, I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere and was surprised he didn't at least make the bench.

brog
23-10-2011, 06:39 PM
And Callum Booth?? Is he injured also? How he can go from being our brightest new star to the invisible man is surprising & not the way to bolster the lad's confidence.

Billy Whizz
23-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I gather he's injured as well

SquashedFrogg
23-10-2011, 06:46 PM
And Callum Booth?? Is he injured also? How he can go from being our brightest new star to the invisible man is surprising & not the way to bolster the lad's confidence.

mmm, for a minute I thought we won yesterday?

Why are we getting all worried about Booth & Ivan?

Billy Whizz
23-10-2011, 06:50 PM
mmm, for a minute I thought we won yesterday?

Why are we getting all worried about Booth & Ivan?

Because we need all our good players. Listening to CC after yesterday's match we could be down to the bare bones on Wednesday

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Apologies if posted / answered elsewhere but where was Ivan yesterday?

More to the point where has he been all season! :greengrin

.Sean.
23-10-2011, 08:00 PM
I gather he's injured as well
Ankle :agree:

Westie1875
23-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Ankle :agree:

The more important question is, will either of them be fit for Wednesday?

hibsbollah
23-10-2011, 08:16 PM
More to the point where has he been all season! :greengrin A bit harsh. Hes been above average so far, with a couple of goals and hasnt lost much pace since hes been away. His allround game and defensive work isnt the best, but we knew that from before.

SquashedFrogg
23-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Because we need all our good players. Listening to CC after yesterday's match we could be down to the bare bones on Wednesday

But we've been getting beat with our 'good' players?

We need to get over the 'Ivan is a legend' theory... It's gone, over , finished, lets move on... We got the best out of him over a couple of seasons in a young, exciting team. But he proved he couldn't make it at a mid table championship club..

Lets move on...

Booth has the makings of a good player but needs time out and possibly a wee loan move.

Bishop Hibee
23-10-2011, 08:53 PM
But we've been getting beat with our 'good' players?

We need to get over the 'Ivan is a legend' theory... It's gone, over , finished, lets move on... We got the best out of him over a couple of seasons in a young, exciting team. But he proved he couldn't make it at a mid table championship club..

Lets move on...

Booth has the makings of a good player but needs time out and possibly a wee loan move.

Ivan played 119 games with Bristol City, hardly "couldn't make it", more like he did make it. He's been one of our better performers in an admittedly poor team in my opinion. I look forward to us unveiling the new Messi from the squad to replace him :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2011, 09:08 PM
A bit harsh. Hes been above average so far, with a couple of goals and hasnt lost much pace since hes been away. His allround game and defensive work isnt the best, but we knew that from before.

Not harsh at all, the fact that his game hasn't improved says it all! Average no better since his return IMO.

SquashedFrogg
23-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Ivan played 119 games with Bristol City, hardly "couldn't make it", more like he did make it. He's been one of our better performers in an admittedly poor team in my opinion. I look forward to us unveiling the new Messi from the squad to replace him :rolleyes:

But how did he 'make' it? He was sub for the majority of those games and helped them sink from potential promotion hopefuls into relegation candidates.

Try not to be blinded by 1 hat-trick (as good as it was) The simple fact is he's just not worth the wages...

Tell me one game since his return where he's changed a game and won it for us?

hibsbollah
23-10-2011, 09:27 PM
But how did he 'make' it? He was sub for the majority of those games and helped them sink from potential promotion hopefuls into relegation candidates.Try not to be blinded by 1 hat-trick (as good as it was) The simple fact is he's just not worth the wages...Tell me one game since his return where he's changed a game and won it for us?St Johnstone?

.Sean.
23-10-2011, 09:31 PM
The more important question is, will either of them be fit for Wednesday? Unsure on Sproule but Callum Booth hasn't been able to run for the last week or so, so I highly doubt he'd be fit to play.

SquashedFrogg
23-10-2011, 09:35 PM
St Johnstone?

Bugger, should've said more than one game! :wink:

But that's 3 point's out of 36.

My point is, whilst I understand his cult status I genuinely don't feel his return has benefited us... i.e. there's a player out there who we could've signed who could do a far better job than him.

We're 3 points of bottom, 12 out of 36 and he's portrayed as a brilliant footballer who's 'played in England' and succeeded..

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Bugger, should've said more than one game! :wink:

My point is, whilst I understand his cult status I genuinely don't feel his return has benefited us... i.e. there's a player out there who we could've signed who could do a far better job than him.

We're 3 points of bottom, 12 out of 36 and he's portrayed as a brilliant footballer who's 'played in England' and succeeded..

:agree: I was genuinely excited when I heard Ivan was returning as I assumed that someone who had gone on to play at a better level (apparently) would have vastly improved their game. Sadly he hasn't.

SquashedFrogg
23-10-2011, 10:02 PM
[/B]:agree: I was genuinely excited when I heard Ivan was returning as I assumed that someone who had gone on to play at a better level (apparently) would have vastly improved their game. Sadly he hasn't.

Exactly my point. I'll always have fond memories of him but he hasn't had the impact I expected, nor does he have, or show signs of having, the abilities to have that impact..

SquashedFrogg
23-10-2011, 10:04 PM
[/B]:agree: I was genuinely excited when I heard Ivan was returning as I assumed that someone who had gone on to play at a better level (apparently) would have vastly improved their game. Sadly he hasn't.

Same old Ivan, but a bit slower I'm afraid..:agree:

keep the faith
23-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Not harsh at all, the fact that his game hasn't improved says it all! Average no better since his return IMO.

We all know he is hit and miss but at least he has the bit of spark which can win a game. Well worth the gamble with such a mediocre side at present.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I think he's now a wee bit past his best, but if we can get him on late in games where we are level he can have an impact against a tiring defence.