PDA

View Full Version : There's a hole in our roof dear Vlad, dear Vlad

scoopyboy
23-10-2011, 05:44 PM
As it says on the tin.

There's a thread on the deepest, darkest Gorgie website statin that when the ball landed on the asbestos stand roof today it made a one foot diameter hole in the roof and lots of debris fell on the dimwits below.

What a death trap that hell hole is.

Hibby70
23-10-2011, 05:47 PM
As it says on the tin.There's a thread on the deepest, darkest Gorgie website statin that when the ball landed on the asbestos stand roof today it made a one foot diameter hole in the roof and lots of debris fell on the dimwits below.What a death trap that hell hole is.If thats true I can see it being shut down.

scoopyboy
23-10-2011, 05:55 PM
If thats true I can see it being shut down.

There is over a dozen posts on the thread and a few of the posters witnessed it, one is trying to get a photo of it.

Hibby70
23-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Not the first time either, hopefully it costs £1m to fix it, well at least for the plans

DaveF
23-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Deary Me.

Meanwhile, I assume the friendly local council continue to hand out safety certificates for it........

iwasthere1972
23-10-2011, 06:00 PM
As it says on the tin.

There's a thread on the deepest, darkest Gorgie website statin that when the ball landed on the asbestos stand roof today it made a one foot diameter hole in the roof and lots of debris fell on the dimwits below.

Good. Means the players will have to wait even longer for their wages.

Hope the matchball is okay.

PaulSmith
23-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Is that to go with there only being about 40% of the floodlights working today? Deary me, probably be the SFA's fault?

Lofarl
23-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Can someone copy over the thread details and the picture as I'm banned from peadoback.

matty_f
23-10-2011, 06:12 PM
What a dump.

Gettin' Auld
23-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Posted Today, 17:18

Near the end a Rangers player hoofed the ball onto the roof of the main stand above section S or T. Definitely made a hole as easily visible from the Wheatfield. Dont know if anybody in the main stand can confirm the damage?

It must be like a digestive biscuit if a ball could make a hole in it. Slightly worrying on a Health & Safety side of things. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif

Posted Today, 17:21
Correct. I sit in R behind the directors box, and the ball did indeed make a hole in the roof. Bits fell down into the crowd

Pity anyone who sit there when it's raining

The hole was as clear as daylight ... oh ... wait ...

Guy in front took a photo.

Posted Today, 17:23
That's above where I sit. We saw bits coming down but no hole was visible from my angle.

Posted Today, 17:24
Maybe we can claim costs for a new stadium

Posted Today, 17:34
Could see a hole created at the top of the roof, but I doubt it went all the way through to be visible from inside the main.

Posted Today, 17:35
Yeah there was a hole after that my niece made a point in pointing it out for the remainder of the game

Posted Today, 17:43
Surely it was a girly type clearance that never carried the ball through the hole in the roof.

"In a field a body's burning,as the war machine keeps turning"

Posted Today, 17:47
RIP to all those covered in asbestos dust http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/sob.png

Posted Today, 17:54
(http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2503373)kirkwood69, on 23 October 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:
Could see a hole created at the top of the roof, but I doubt it went all the way through to be visible from inside the main.

Did though

Trying to get guy in front of me to supply the photo he took

Posted Today, 18:27
Yup, hole maybe a foot in diameter, with one or two sizeable chunks of roofing dropping into the netting beneath.

I pity whoever sits beneath, they'll get a soaking next time it rains heavily during a game.
This post has been edited by ArmiyaRomanova: Today, 18:27

Posted Today, 18:29
Asbestos concrete. Nice.

Posted Today, 18:44
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2503400)Dr. Lucien Sanchez, on 23 October 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:
RIP to all those covered in asbestos dust http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/sob.png

A very considerate post from an obviously very considerate poster.

iwasthere1972
23-10-2011, 06:16 PM
This comes 10 months after heavy snow caused damage to the roof. It really is a matter of time before the hole (:wink:) lot caves in and causes injury to the poor souls who take their lives in their hands every couple of weeks or so.

Www1875hfc
23-10-2011, 06:22 PM
My hun mate was at Tynie the day,courtesy of a member of the playing staff(Hearts).
He phoned me from the players lounge after the game to ask what the Man utd v Man City score was?

He told me Hearts havent paid there sky tv bill,and thers no television coverage whatsoever in here.

johnrebus
23-10-2011, 06:26 PM
As it says on the tin.

Don't you Hibs fans understand?

Every big team has a hole in the roof of their main stand. Wee team fans just don't get it.

:tin hat:

(for the hole in the roof)

Sergey
23-10-2011, 06:26 PM
I feel a strongly worded letter to the H&S Executive coming on, stating that my daughter and I were showered with asbestos from said hole.

The fact that I don't have a daughter and wasn't at the match has god sod-all to do with it.

BroxburnHibee
23-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I feel a strongly worded letter to the H&S Executive coming on, stating that my daughter and I were showered with asbestos from said hole.

The fact that I don't have a daughter and wasn't at the match has god sod-all to do with it.

:hilarious

It's your duty :agree:

Bostonhibby
23-10-2011, 06:43 PM

:greengrin You know it makes sense.

crash
23-10-2011, 06:45 PM

Seriously, if asbestos is involved then its a no brainer on Health & Safety .Beats me how it ever gets a Fire Safety Certificate.

PatHead
23-10-2011, 07:01 PM

Don't forget to mention the old guy you didn't see getting distressed as he thought the rest of the roof might fall in..........

degenerated
23-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Go for it Sergey, whilst it would funny as **** if you got their stand closed down you may well be saving someone's life :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2011, 07:37 PM
As it says on the tin.

I do believe the term now is "skitter" - is in lots of debris fell on a skitter of yams below.:greengrin

frazeHFC
23-10-2011, 07:41 PM
I do believe the term now is "skitter" - is in lots of debris fell on a skitter of yams below.:greengrin

:faf: :top marks

Anyway, what a dump that place is!

iwasthere1972
23-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Funny that the stand has taken part in two world wars and has won on both occasions.

Along comes a wee fitba and almost demolishes it.

What a crappy stadium it truly is.

Sergey
23-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Go for it Sergey, whilst it would funny as **** if you got their stand closed down you may well be saving someone's life :greengrin

Pulled from the H&S pages at City of Edinburgh Council:

"If you see a fault with a building or structure you should report this to the Property Conservation team. Even if you're unsure whether the defect is dangerous, please report it and let us be the judge. We will make a full assessment and take the appropriate action."

Sergey®....ensuring that all decent Hibby's get VfM for their Council Tax!

scoopyboy
23-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Seriously, if asbestos is involved then its a no brainer on Health & Safety .Beats me how it ever gets a Fire Safety Certificate.

Beats me as well.

I've posted this before but I will do so again.

My dad was a Building Control Inspector and on occasions he had to visit both main stands of Hibs and Hearts.

He was of the opinion that both were death traps and this was pre Bradford and Hillsborough. It was his opinion that the first team to replace death trap stand would put the other club under intense pressure to do likewise. Obviously we did, they didn't replace.

Even after he retired he would still read articles in the Evening News that were related to his old work and kept apace with legislation. He reckoned that all the talk about them building a new stand was a ploy so as to get extensions on their safety certificate. One thing he recalled was that escape corridors were too narrow and I remembered this when going along a narrow corridor at the League Cup semi against SJ.

degenerated
23-10-2011, 08:02 PM

"If you see a fault with a building or structure you should report this to the Property Conservation team. Even if you're unsure whether the defect is dangerous, please report it and let us be the judge. We will make a full assessment and take the appropriate action."

The council might put one of those dodgy stat notices on them and let one of their pet building contractors fleece them for a fair few bob. :hilarious

iwasthere1972
23-10-2011, 08:06 PM
The council might put one of those dodgy stat notices on them and let one of their pet building contractors fleece them for a fair few bob. :hilarious

That was my immediate thought. Fingers crossed for more dodgy council dealings.

Sergey
23-10-2011, 08:10 PM

Indeed, and the rather nasty head injury my daughter received from the falling asbestos debris could be pivotal.

cabbageandribs1875
23-10-2011, 08:16 PM
a shameful club, with a shameful 'ground', with a shameful support full of sexual deviants :ostrich::lolyam::brokenyam:

and the silly company that do the repairs will get bumped for payment for fixing that hovel

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2011, 08:19 PM

I don't think the complaints of the mentally defective denizens of Gorgie carry much weight with the council. It's therefore up to us, as responsible citizens to advocate of behalf of our less fortune brethren.

LeithBoozy
23-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Tynie hensforth to be called the PBS Polo, the stand with a hole. Joking apart, that ground is about as safe as a Jambo player with a Direct Debit, time somthing was done before someone is hurt.:rolleyes:

ballengeich
23-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Indeed, and the rather nasty head injury my daughter received from the falling asbestos debris could be pivotal.

I hope you realise that asbestos was valued as a fire ******ant and that its removal could increase the chance that the whole temple of football (eh..) could burn down. As an aside, does anyone know how much it's insured for?

PaulSmith
23-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Beats me as well.

My dad was a Building Control Inspector and on occasions he had to visit both main stands of Hibs and Hearts.

He was of the opinion that both were death traps and this was pre Bradford and Hillsborough. It was his opinion that the first team to replace death trap stand would put the other club under intense pressure to do likewise. Obviously we did, they didn't replace.

Even after he retired he would still read articles in the Evening News that were related to his old work and kept apace with legislation. He reckoned that all the talk about them building a new stand was a ploy so as to get extensions on their safety certificate. One thing he recalled was that escape corridors were too narrow and I remembered this when going along a narrow corridor at the League Cup semi against SJ.

Aye, and if the shoe was on the other foot would the maroon clad council be so accommodating?

Bishop Hibee
23-10-2011, 09:03 PM
This thread is comedy gold :greengrin

I've been in that death trap a few times most notably when we used to get the wing stand for derbies. It's a wonder it didn't collapse after Andy Dow's goal.

Altogether now :singing: In your Gorgie slums.....

gringojoe
23-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Beats me as well.

Surprised it still gets insurance cover.

DC_Hibs
23-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Breaking News: Jambos finally get their hole with something over 15 years old.

Another dent in the cashflow.....

whiskyhibby
23-10-2011, 09:21 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2011, 09:28 PM

:top marks

On this occasion officialdom will turn a blind eye. Just as well the Social Services and the SFA don't get mixed up.

Jack
23-10-2011, 09:31 PM
I see it being the duty of every centre half in the country clearing the ball to aim for the stand roof.

We should run a sweep to see how often they are successful :-)

magpie1892
23-10-2011, 10:06 PM
My hun mate was at Tynie the day,courtesy of a member of the playing staff(Hearts).
He phoned me from the players lounge after the game to ask what the Man utd v Man City score was?

He told me Hearts havent paid there sky tv bill,and thers no television coverage whatsoever in here.

That's partly true. They had ESPN on in the press room but at full-time in the jamboids game, the journos were wondering where the Manc Derby was on the lovely flatscreen...

greenginger
23-10-2011, 11:29 PM

You might wait awhile for a reply from the Property Team, the whole department is suspended ! :greengrin

scoopyboy
24-10-2011, 05:46 AM

They have started another thread entitled "Injury in Main Stand" which relates to the same incident. Some twit reckons nobody could have been injured as the safety net would have caught it. However others have said there was a person receiving treatment.

I think it might have been your daughter.

Go for it Sergey.

Boris
24-10-2011, 05:58 AM
I see it being the duty of every centre half in the country clearing the ball to aim for the stand roof.

:-)

Get Sodje on it next time we're at the PBS - tell him to shoot for goal on sight, guaranteed he'll then hit the stand roof 9 shots out of 10...............

Gettin' Auld
24-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Just had a wee look at sickbag as i'm still posting and haven't been sussed yet. :)

Anyway - This was the funniest post i saw about their crappy stand.......

Posted Yesterday, 23:09
I've been told that the injury was due to a fixing, screw/bolt/nail slipping through the protective netting and injuring a guy's ear.

:greengrin

Nailrod
24-10-2011, 08:09 AM

Good plan. Oh. They haven't got a fair few bob. :hmmm:

We'll have to think of something else.

Nailrod
24-10-2011, 08:27 AM
By the way, I'm wondering if this latest 'unpaid players' issue is the beginning of the end game at last. Poor Vlad's tuppeny bank must be taking a bit of a kicking in this second wave of international financial crisis.

Is he, like Colonel Gaddafi, holed up in a crumbling bunker, trying desperately to fight off the marauding hordes of creditors? And when the end finally comes, will he be dragged through the streets by a skitter of angry jambos and then kicked to death?

Or will they continue to mill around like headless chickens, haplessly reassuring one another that it's just as well their club is owned by a banking billionaire?

Purple & Green
24-10-2011, 09:12 AM
this latest 'unpaid players' issue

I thought it was just a ploy to drum up business for wonga. :confused:

brog
24-10-2011, 09:42 AM
DBS recently started a new thread or rather an appreciation of the qualities of the PBS! I responded in similar vein to many on here in pointing out, in between uncontrollable laughter, that their crumbling edifice really is a major safety hazard. I last went in the main stand about 15 years ago & was concerned for my family's safety then. The main ( or should it be maim ) stand should be closed immediately & there really should be an inquiry into how it continues to get a safety certificate.
All joking apart, men, women & childrens' safety is being put at risk here.

ScottB
24-10-2011, 09:46 AM
DBS recently started a new thread or rather an appreciation of the qualities of the PBS! I responded in similar vein to many on here in pointing out, in between uncontrollable laughter, that their crumbling edifice really is a major safety hazard. I last went in the main stand about 15 years ago & was concerned for my family's safety then. The main ( or should it be maim ) stand should be closed immediately & there really should be an inquiry into how it continues to get a safety certificate.

Indeed. If there is asbestos in that roof, and the structure is crumbling on to the people below, that's horrifying that it is allowed to be in use. Hell one tiny flake of that stuff can kill you in a pretty damn horrible way.

basehibby
24-10-2011, 10:05 AM

:agree: The thing is disintegrating in clouds of asbestos at the mere bounce of a football - would be an act of criminality to knowingly allow it to remain open IMO.

MB62
24-10-2011, 10:53 AM

That's all a bit pointless really as the yams would just put a blanket ban on talking to anybody from the council :wink:

The_Exile
24-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Mafia

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Least if the stand collapses onto the Jambos, the players will be able to make up for their unpaid wages by sending the footage to You've Been Framed.

Gettin' Auld
24-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Least if the stand collapses onto the Jambos, the players will be able to make up for their unpaid wages by sending the footage to You've Been Framed.
:tee hee:

flash
24-10-2011, 01:15 PM
As a concerned onlooker i have pointed out to the Council that a subsequent visit by Health and Safety may be in order. I await their reply with interest.

iwasthere1972
24-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know if the council are looking into this hole?

iwasthere1972
24-10-2011, 07:22 PM

Is that the asbestos you can do?

jabis
24-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Beats me as well.

Vlad gets notice from cooncil."YER DOOMED<DOOMED I TELL YA !...........but we want to build a new stadium.......roooooooooond aboot,where you want it.What you say ?"
vlad "Tonight Mr Cardounie,you get the KY Jelly "

something stinks......who got vlad into hearts again?.....anyone ?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Is that the asbestos you can do?

silverhibee
24-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Get Sodje on it next time we're at the PBS - tell him to shoot for goal on sight, guaranteed he'll then hit the stand roof 9 shots out of 10...............

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Apparently in the last few weeks at Tynecastle, aimless clearances have gone through the roof.

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2011, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=cabbageandribs1875;2955557]a shameful club, with a shameful 'ground', with a shameful support full of sexual deviants :ostrich::lolyam::brokenyam:

supported by a shameful council a skitter of yams indeed.

nortonhibby
25-10-2011, 08:00 PM
That hell Hole should be condemned the Asbestos is a public health hazard.

nortonhibby
25-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Vlad gets notice from cooncil."YER DOOMED<DOOMED I TELL YA !...........but we want to build a new stadium.......roooooooooond aboot,where you want it.What you say ?"
vlad "Tonight Mr Cardounie,you get the KY Jelly "

something stinks......who got vlad into hearts again?.....anyone ?

It was that Dwarf solicitor guy the little ugly gut well known for ripping people off i cant recall his bloody name now he pops up in the EN Every now and again talking crap not as if any one would listen to the deformed creep.

Kato
25-10-2011, 08:49 PM
It was that Dwarf solicitor guy the little ugly gut well known for ripping people off i cant recall his bloody name now he pops up in the EN Every now and again talking crap not as if any one would listen to the deformed creep.

Rumpelstiltskin was a Jamboid?

Kato
25-10-2011, 09:17 PM
It was that Dwarf solicitor guy the little ugly guy

AHA!!!

You may well be talking about L. Deans, he's a bit vertically and aesthetically challenged.

Jambo ****.

nortonhibby
25-10-2011, 09:20 PM
AHA!!!

You may well be talking about L. Deans, he's a bit vertically and aesthetically challenged.

Jambo ****.
Thats him he is known in business as the pick pocket and a misor.An estate agent not to be trusted.:flag:

Kato
25-10-2011, 10:17 PM
:flag:

I've had it up to here with him. :raises flat hand to midrift smiley:

Craig_HFC
26-10-2011, 07:06 AM
This just makes me smile.

What a dump that place is.

Northernhibee
26-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Could you imagine what it'd have been like if it had fallen to that level of disrepair when Nade was there? The place would look like a ****ing collander!