PDA

View Full Version : Is BB committed to us?

H18sry
23-10-2011, 11:09 AM
From BBC gossip Former Hearts manager Jim Jefferies says he would try to prise former assistant Billy Brown away from Hibernian should he be given another major job. (Sunday Mail) so do you think he will jump ship at the first opportunity ?

Northernhibee
23-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Seeing as how he's quite good, we'd probably grab the first compensation offer we'd get and call the taxi ourselves.

frazeHFC
23-10-2011, 11:13 AM
I could see him leaving but would be delighted if he never.

R'Albin
23-10-2011, 11:15 AM
From BBC gossip Former Hearts manager Jim Jefferies says he would try to prise former assistant Billy Brown away from Hibernian should he be given another major job. (Sunday Mail) so do you think he will jump ship at the first opportunity ?

Hopefully we would tell that that fat jambo **** where to go.

Kaiser1962
23-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Seeing as how he's quite good, we'd probably grab the first compensation offer we'd get and call the taxi ourselves.

When did we last "grab the first compensation offer" for anyone?

scoopyboy
23-10-2011, 11:22 AM

I don't think he will as I can't see what no 2 job will be better than what he's got.

BB stays in Musselburgh, so its 10 minutes to East Mains and 10 minutes to Easter Road.

Jeffries is capable of landing maybe St Johnstone, Aberdeen or Dunfermline job in the SPL or a Falkirk, Dundee, Raith Rovers in the First. Not sure BB would be lured away by that.

I also think BB may be next in line to be our manager.

heretoday
23-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I wonder what major job JJ would be offered at this stage. Dunfermline? Inverness? Dun Utd? Hibs?

I can't see him getting any offers from England.

Jones28
23-10-2011, 11:58 AM
St Johnston job will surely be offered to him?

Either that or we take Jeffries and they can have Calderwood for 50p and a freddo for the taxi :greengrin

scoopyboy
23-10-2011, 04:21 PM
St Johnston job will surely be offered to him?

Either that or we take Jeffries and they can have Calderwood for 50p and a freddo for the taxi :greengrin

Geoff Brown will probably go for a young manager IMO.

Picked up good compensation for Owen Coyle and now Derek McInnes.

Probably helped him balance the books.

Jumbo might have to settle for a wee team if he gats another stint as manager.

Spike Mandela
23-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Let's not kid ourselves. BB is as mercenary as the rest and if the money is right he would leave in an instant. It suits both parties at the moment.

scoopyboy
23-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Let's not kid ourselves. BB is as mercenary as the rest and if the money is right he would leave in an instant. It suits both parties at the moment.

Not disagreeing but not sure where the better offer would come from.

Spike Mandela
23-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Not disagreeing but not sure where the better offer would come from.

Was JJ not talking about the continentat one point?

Jack
23-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Not quite a record for one of these 'he's only just got here but he'll be away soon' crap threads =-O

I think Garry still holds that with the question asked before ink was dry.

A pish piece of reporting over reacted to on here :-P

scoopyboy
23-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Was JJ not talking about the continentat one point?

Not sure SM to be honest.

At BB's age I think it would need to be a really good offer for him to leave the Musselburgh area. As I said earlier not sure where that offer would come from.

I don't think JJ and BB are thought that much of outside Scotland, even then Killie were glad to see the back of them.

ancient hibee
23-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Everyone in Scottish football is for sale 100% of the time.

SkintHibby
23-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Everyone in Scottish football is for sale 100% of the time.

No they're not! Ever heard of transfer windows?:wink::greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-10-2011, 08:22 PM
I could see him leaving but would be delighted if he never. Even if that meant that Jefferies was our new manager???

--------
24-10-2011, 12:17 PM
IIRC, Billy Brown is contracted to us only till the end of the season.

ancient hibee
24-10-2011, 06:03 PM
No they're not! Ever heard of transfer windows?:wink::greengrin

That is only the mechanics not the wish:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2011, 11:33 AM
IIRC, Billy Brown is contracted to us only till the end of the season.

dont you think it might be JJ doing his old pal a favour by advertising the fact that he would take BB, just so Hibs sign him up for longer, old pals and all that.

--------
25-10-2011, 11:40 AM
dont you think it might be JJ doing his old pal a favour by advertising the fact that he would take BB, just so Hibs sign him up for longer, old pals and all that.

Or JJ letting Petrie know that he might still be interested in the ER job?

Franck is God
25-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm sure he is as committed as any other member of contracted staff at ER in that he can be lured away for a better more lucrative offer or be judged out of favour and dismissed at any given time.

I'm sure the article was more Jeffries getting his name in the papers as an out of work manager looking for a position and will have been asked about Brown in the same way Hughton was asked about Calderwood when he went to Birmingham.

Baader
25-10-2011, 12:35 PM
It's just Jumbo trying to keep his name out there. Reminding everyone he's out of a job.

He really should speak to City of Edinburgh Council who would undoubtedly be able to help him out in that regard... :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
25-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Even if that meant that Jefferies was our new manager??? No way. I never meant it like that.