PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen

EK_Hibs
23-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Just received a text from one of my Dons supporting mates...as follows:

"After all the rubbishy diddy teams games yesterday, it's good to see the top 4 in the country going head to head today, Aberdeen are bigger than Hibs as you well know"

Obviously he's at the wind up... I think deep down he knows Hibs are bigger.
:aok:
Aberdeen fans eh, will they ever get over the 80's???

Frazerbob
23-10-2011, 09:25 AM
I'd rather leave that particular petty squabble to Hearts and the Sheep. I'm more concerned that we are far from the 4th best team currently.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 09:32 AM
My own take on these things (and most of my mates are jambos) is you have two options;

1. Keep your powder dry, say nothing then give him some brutual text abuse following the result,
2. Go for the good old "are you guys playing today, I had no idea, thought your games was yesterday" if he is anything like the average jambo he will be of the mindset that every other supporter looks out for their fixtures and results each week.

My option is always 1. This was a fixture they got turned over 9-0 in previously was it not?!

EK_Hibs
23-10-2011, 09:50 AM
My own take on these things (and most of my mates are jambos) is you have two options;

1. Keep your powder dry, say nothing then give him some brutual text abuse following the result,
2. Go for the good old "are you guys playing today, I had no idea, thought your games was yesterday" if he is anything like the average jambo he will be of the mindset that every other supporter looks out for their fixtures and results each week.

My option is always 1. This was a fixture they got turned over 9-0 in previously was it not?!

Agreed, option 1 for me...
I fully expect the dons to get turned over in Glasgow.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Agreed, option 1 for me...
I fully expect the dons to get turned over in Glasgow.

Good choice mate, especially if he is going down. If he is, give it 30 mins after FT that way he will still be sitting in traffic surrounded by them, then you can chuck in the old "sorry just got your message, did not know you were playing, what was the score?"

If it helps I have already had a three texts from different Jambo mates all of whom have the same cockyness that they simply cant see how they are going to win....I can imagine there smug jambo faces. Whilst i never want to see rangers win, I equally love seeing hearts lose!

greenlex
23-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Hopefully the smellies will take seven or more off them again and we will leapfrog them in the league.:greengrin

Kaiser1962
23-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Just received a text from one of my Dons supporting mates...as follows:

"After all the rubbishy diddy teams games yesterday, it's good to see the top 4 in the country going head to head today, Aberdeen are bigger than Hibs as you well know"

Obviously he's at the wind up... I think deep down he knows Hibs are bigger.
:aok:
Aberdeen fans eh, will they ever get over the 80's???

Depends on which criteria do you judge the "size" of a club.

And I would suggest a lot of Hibs fans present day expectations go back much further than the 80's.

iwasthere1972
23-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Hopefully the smellies will take seven or more off them again and we will leapfrog them in the league.:greengrin

I would rather Aberdeen cuff them and lower their moral and confidence even lower than it is now just in time for when we get them.

Come on the Sheep. :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-10-2011, 10:40 AM
As much as our support can be fickle, Aberdeen are close to losing a generation of fans if they don't win something soon or get a 3rd place. Whereas we built a new stand we don't need they are intent on buiding a new ground they don't need.

R'Albin
23-10-2011, 11:11 AM
I would rather Aberdeen cuff them and lower their moral and confidence even lower than it is now just in time for when we get them. Come on the Sheep. :aok: Yeah but if the sheep win, then lennon might be sacked, so I'm hoping for a tic win:wink:

iwasthere1972
23-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah but if the sheep win, then lennon might be sacked, so I'm hoping for a tic win:wink:

Lennon won't get sacked for losing league games because they've no chance of winning it. Whereas he is probably pinning his hopes on winning one of the cups to keep him in a job. We and the sheep can add to his misery and eventual downfall.

Come on the Sheep. Give it some welly. :aok:

joe breezy
23-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I can remember Aberdeen being one of the best teams in Europe so I've always seen them as a bigger club, I suppose if you watched the Famous Five you'd think Hibs are a much bigger club

yeezus.
23-10-2011, 01:51 PM
The Sheep have been playing quite well recently, but I can see Septic gubbin them today.

And even if Aber do win, Lennon won't be sacked

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 02:40 PM
As much as our support can be fickle, Aberdeen are close to losing a generation of fans if they don't win something soon or get a 3rd place. Whereas we built a new stand we don't need they are intent on buiding a new ground they don't need.

The benefit Aberdeen have is they are a one team city. If they go on a run of 5 or so games, there support will quite easily double. On there day they will bring the 3rd largest support in the country. But it is a fine balance.

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Three clubs of equal size and importance.

This has to be one of the silliest arguments that flies around, if any of the given three are doing well then they become well supported clubs home and away, when doing kack the support dwindles to around 9-10k.. All the same sort of size, its like trying to compare Rangers & Celtic ... Celtics trophy haul is lesser than Celtics but they are not a smaller club.

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Three clubs of equal size and importance.

This has to be one of the silliest arguments that flies around, if any of the given three are doing well then they become well supported clubs home and away, when doing kack the support dwindles to around 9-10k.. All the same sort of size, its like trying to compare Rangers & Celtic ... Celtics trophy haul is lesser than Rangers but they are not a smaller club.

Should have read as above....