PDA

View Full Version : BB and CC it works well

cam75
22-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Watching them before LS came on CC and BB talked it through and both agreed it was the right sub to make it worked out well.I stayed away from the score and watched it on Alba,Stack was solid for the final 20 mins,hope we kick on and get up the leauge...

DH1875
23-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Got to say BB has more than impressed since he came in. Still not sold on CC though.

IWasThere2016
23-10-2011, 06:35 AM
BB was good appointment - said so at the time. Solid tactician, aware of the game and the game up here and no nonsense. Bodes well IMHO.

Don Giovanni
23-10-2011, 08:23 AM
BB was good appointment - said so at the time. Solid tactician, aware of the game and the game up here and no nonsense. Bodes well IMHO. Yep, would agree with that. The question is what does CC add to that management team?

hibiedude
23-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Billy Brown has done well since coming to Easter Road can't say the same about Calderwood.

MontrealHibs
23-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Particularly liked the bit where BB left the Hibs tactical are and then went beyond the St Mirren tactical area in an effort to get 'instructions' on :-) :top marks

PaulSmith
23-10-2011, 08:40 AM
I don't know who to give credit to so it might be the scout who attended the previous St Mirren game, the guy who does the video analysis, BB or CC but as a collective their formation and tactics were spot on yesterday.

St Mirren like to build from the back, their keeper likes to pass short and a midfielder generally comes short to recieve the first pass. Yesterday, after watching the first half, we had O'Connor and Griffiths chasing and closing down the keeper and full backs plus Agogo pressing the 'holding' st mirren player.

If you notice everytime St Mirren tried to build from the back they ended up having to go route one as they didn't have any options.

Well done guys!

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Things look and feel a bit better, but it is hard to decide if that is all down to the arrival of BB or a combination of them both. Good reaction from CC when the third goal went in though.

down-the-slope
23-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Personally i have always liked the manager (have seen a bit behind the scenes at times) he gets on and doeas what he thinks is right. He is not someone who plays to the press / public and then is different away from it.

However I think the managers job can be one of isolation and that a good solid assistant is a good confidant / sounding board as well as the individuals skills they bring (which BB appears to have)...

Further the Good Cop / Bad Cop is a tried and testedway to motivate / push / inspire / lambast etc depeding on circumstances and individual concerned at the time

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 09:17 AM
I think the management team is working well. Does anyone think it was perhaps unfair on CC that he is the only manager in the leauge that started without a recognised assistant? In that respect I think a lot of the slack he took was perhaps harsh as the board had not given him enough in terms of management support.

But if CC is going to take all of the slack when the team loses, then why should he not take all of the credit when they win? I think it is a bit riduculous that when we get a result it is down to BB's influence, but CC is at fault when they lose, if the buck stops with the manager, then so should the credit.

clerriehibs
23-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I think the management team is working well. Does anyone think it was perhaps unfair on CC that he is the only manager in the leauge that started without a recognised assistant? In that respect I think a lot of the slack he took was perhaps harsh as the board had not given him enough in terms of management support.

But if CC is going to take all of the slack when the team loses, then why should he not take all of the credit when they win? I think it is a bit riduculous that when we get a result it is down to BB's influence, but CC is at fault when they lose, if the buck stops with the manager, then so should the credit.

CC might come good, he might not. However, he was appointed manager, having been a manager before. If he didn't think he needed an assistant, it was his choice. If he thought he needed an assistant from the off, he should have appointed one. If the board wouldn't let him do that (which I doubt) - don't take take the job. Unfair doesn't come into it.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 09:50 AM
CC might come good, he might not. However, he was appointed manager, having been a manager before. If he didn't think he needed an assistant, it was his choice. If he thought he needed an assistant from the off, he should have appointed one. If the board wouldn't let him do that (which I doubt) - don't take take the job. Unfair doesn't come into it.

I dont agree. He perhaps came to the league thinking he did not need an assistant, if he changed his mind then fine, and fair play to him for recognising that we needed to add to that area, a good decision it would appear. there is a lot of chat around whether or not he asked for Adams, if he did not, then was sharing a dugout with an assist he did not want to work with - would that help or hinder?

He selected an assistant in Brown, his choice as he has stated in the press, and the results have been very different since then.

So appointing an assistant from the off or not taking a job that he was already in are irrelevant.

clerriehibs
23-10-2011, 09:57 AM
I dont agree. He perhaps came to the league thinking he did not need an assistant, if he changed his mind then fine, and fair play to him for recognising that we needed to add to that area, a good decision it would appear. there is a lot of chat around whether or not he asked for Adams, if he did not, then was sharing a dugout with an assist he did not want to work with - would that help or hinder?

He selected an assistant in Brown, his choice as he has stated in the press, and the results have been very different since then.

So appointing an assistant from the off or not taking a job that he was already in are irrelevant.

My point was he's been a manager before at a senior club, so would, should, have known about an assistant being quite a useful thing to have. This should have been in his mind when he was OFFERED the job.
If he thought he could do without - wrong choice.
If he didn't have one in mind but took the job - his risk.
If the board wouldn't let him when he knows he needs one - don't take the job.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 10:06 AM
My point was he's been a manager before at a senior club, so would, should, have known about an assistant being quite a useful thing to have. This should have been in his mind when he was OFFERED the job.
If he thought he could do without - wrong choice.
If he didn't have one in mind but took the job - his risk.
If the board wouldn't let him when he knows he needs one - don't take the job.

Naw, think about it.

He worked down south before, he perhaps understood that league a lot more having been involved there.
He came here, took the job, the identified there was an issue - IMO a good manager in any job can identify a problem and change it.
By this time if reports are correct the board appointed an assistant, not his choice, but his problem to deal with.
This season he identified an assistant, got him in, and results have improved.

Thats my point based on what happened, not yours which is based on hindsight. I would rather a manager did not tell us about hindsight, but instead got the problems solved.

TornadoHibby
23-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Things look and feel a bit better, but it is hard to decide if that is all down to the arrival of BB or a combination of them both. Good reaction from CC when the third goal went in though.

I thought so too! First time that CC has really let go with his emotions during a match and. as someone who sits pretty close to him on match days, that is saying something but a big step forward for him IMO!:wink:

Billy wears his heart on his sleeve on the other hand and his body language during games in reaction to good and bad Hibs moments can be priceless at times although there is no mistaking that he is on our side big time IMO! :agree:

Jamesie
23-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Thought BB was a bit quieter than he has been lately yesterday. Saw more of Calderwood on his feet than BB which hasn't always been the case rrrecently.