PDA

View Full Version : Sodje Miss

Baldy Foghorn
22-10-2011, 05:59 PM
A great 3 points Today, delighted, however does anyone think Sodje's miss is the new Van Vossen??

Beautifully set up by Stevenson, two yards out, open goal and blazes over bar......

Thankfully it never came back to bite us, as we held on for win......

Much more encouraged by players efforts Today.....

hibs0666
22-10-2011, 06:02 PM
A great 3 points Today, delighted, however does anyone think Sodje's miss is the new Van Vossen??

Beautifully set up by Stevenson, two yards out, open goal and blazes over bar......

Thankfully it never came back to bite us, as we held on for win......

Much more encouraged by players efforts Today.....

It was a belter, and he was gutted that he hadn't been flagged offside. :wink:

hibsbollah
22-10-2011, 06:02 PM
How was Lewis today? In fact where are the player ratings ? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
22-10-2011, 06:04 PM
How was Lewis today? In fact where are the player ratings ? :greengrin

He got on for last 10-15 minutes, and put himself about......Great ball for Sodje miss.....

Baldy Foghorn
22-10-2011, 06:05 PM
It was a belter, and he was gutted that he hadn't been flagged offside. :wink:

Aye he looked straight over to linesman afterwards......He must have wanted ground to swallow him up:greengrin

lucky
22-10-2011, 06:11 PM
See worse. The ball was played at a fast rate towards him.

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2011, 06:14 PM
It was bad and he should have scored but Lewis did smash it across the box so it can't have been terribly easy. So pleased with the win though, I went mental when Murray (I think) cleared the ball off the line seconds later :not worth

heretoday
22-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Shoulda kept Vaz Te instead of Sodje. He scored late on for Barnsley today.

greenlex
22-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Its a shocker. No excuses.

Rossco1875
22-10-2011, 08:55 PM

he has not had the best start to the season but sodje had more of a contribution to last season than vaz te.

thebakerboy
22-10-2011, 09:45 PM

Was speaking to 3 Barnsley supporters in Gairloch last weekend and they were asking why we didn't keep him because they didn't want him.Yes Barnsley supporters in Gairloch , one had a barnsley tattoo on his leg!!!!!!!!!!!

500miles
22-10-2011, 09:57 PM
To be fair, the nature of the big man is that he'll work hard enough so that he'll get you a decent return over the course of a season, but he's technically limited enough to look a right donkey.

I like Sodje, and wouldn't be unduly worried to see his name in the starting XI when the likes of O'Connor picks up a knock.

greenlex
22-10-2011, 10:00 PM
To be fair, the nature of the big man is that he'll work hard enough so that he'll get you a decent return over the course of a season, but he's technically limited enough to look a right donkey.

I like Sodje, and wouldn't be unduly worried to see his name in the starting XI when the likes of O'Connor picks up a knock.

The most impressive thing about hs mss today was the length of his tongue. He stuck it out and I swear he could have tucked it in his sock.:agree::na na:

Jonnyboy
22-10-2011, 11:33 PM
The most impressive thing about hs mss today was the length of his tongue. He stuck it out and I swear he could have tucked it in his sock.:agree::na na:

He coulda poked that ball home with his sixteen incher :greengrin

M11BMO
22-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Just seen it on ALBA... Oh. Dear.

DH1875
23-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Shocking miss, but still think he deserves more of a run out ahead of Agogo. Trying to remember, was it Sodje or Agogo who dived midway through the second half, makes O'Connor look like something out of Swan lake.
On another point, still love the green shorts with the green jersey, very smart :thumbsup:.

CmoantheHibs
23-10-2011, 02:10 AM
The commentators doing the radio commentary on Hibs tv said that he had been given offside.Maybe just trying to lessen his embarrassment:greengrin.It was an absolute howler but fortunately it didnt matter in the end.Not sure about people saying he is technically limited though.To get it over the bar from there takes some doing.:wink:

Hermit Crab
23-10-2011, 02:29 AM

But they got beat 5-3 :confused:

Jack
23-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Its good he's getting into such positions where its difficult not to score. He didn't on this occasion so hopefully that's his season blunder out the way in a match where at the final whistle it didn't matter :-)

essexhibee
23-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Shocker of a miss.

Sodje has one ridiculously large tounge.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Shocking miss, but still think he deserves more of a run out ahead of Agogo. Trying to remember, was it Sodje or Agogo who dived midway through the second half, makes O'Connor look like something out of Swan lake.
On another point, still love the green shorts with the green jersey, very smart :thumbsup:.

I have to say i was not impressed with Agogo when he first arrived, but i am definitley warming to him

Moulin Yarns
23-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Just seen it on ALBA... Oh. Dear.

Me too. I think he was trying to suggest his tongue got in the way :wink:

Northernhibee
23-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I have to say i was not impressed with Agogo when he first arrived, but i am definitley warming to him Must agree.

YehButNoBut
24-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Watched it this morning on Sportscene, think Sodje was a bit unlucky as the ball just bounced up slightly before it came to him and he just got under it, looked worse than it was.

Still should have scored though, and that is some size of a tongue. :yum yum: