PDA

View Full Version : One point off the top six

hibs0666
22-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Great battling effort and commitment from the team today. :thumbsup:

Thought Agogo and Stack were best for us, and O'Hanlon and Murray stayed really solid as St. Mirren piled men forward in the final quarter of the game.

Sounds like we'll be missing a few on Wednesday, but hopefully the result provides a much-needed confidence boost.

Baldy Foghorn
22-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Great battling effort and commitment from the team today. :thumbsup:

Thought Agogo and Stack were best for us, and O'Hanlon and Murray stayed really solid as St. Mirren piled men forward in the final quarter of the game.

Sounds like we'll be missing a few on Wednesday, but hopefully the result provides a much-needed confidence boost.

Agreed, great win......Thought Osbourne played well Today

hibs0666
22-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Agreed, great win......Thought Osbourne played well Today

Yup, put in a good shift and provided a wee bit composure when some others resorted to giving it the big welly.

iwasthere1972
22-10-2011, 06:20 PM
A great win which has come at a good time.

Should add to the attendance against Celtic.

hibs0666
23-10-2011, 08:45 AM
A great win which has come at a good time.

Should add to the attendance against Celtic.

Not seen many panic merchants mentioning relegation lately.

HH81
23-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Great result, I had intended to watch it on tv last night but fell asleep at 7pm having just flown in from New York yesterday morning....

Should give us confidence for Wednesday :agree:

Spike Mandela
23-10-2011, 09:05 AM
4 points between bottom seven teams making it a very tight league. Every point is a prisoner from here on in.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 09:28 AM
I think there is a lot said of the league this year in terms of standards and crowds, but I have to be honest my own view of the league this year is it is great. I cant remember the last time it was so competitive, any team can beat any team, I cant think of any other leagues like that. There is usually plenty of goals and no game is a certainty, that for me alone should be reasons for fans to get back and support.

matty_f
23-10-2011, 10:32 AM
I think there is a lot said of the league this year in terms of standards and crowds, but I have to be honest my own view of the league this year is it is great. I cant remember the last time it was so competitive, any team can beat any team, I cant think of any other leagues like that. There is usually plenty of goals and no game is a certainty, that for me alone should be reasons for fans to get back and support.

I think when we look back on this season (provided we continue to climb the league) a lot of folk will draw a similar conclusion. It's a very tough league, IMHO, and everyone is so close together that a couple of results makes a big difference.

I know it's an 'if yer auntie had baws' type statement, but to illustrate just how close the teams are, if Motherwell had managed to nick a goal against Killie yesterday (and they definitely could have) we'd have been sitting today above Killie. Obviously we're not, because Motherwell didn't, but I do think that demonstrates how fine the margins really are.

Hibbyradge
23-10-2011, 10:51 AM
It's a tight league because all the teams are as pish as each other, imo.

hailhail22
23-10-2011, 10:55 AM
http://www.scotprem.com/content/ the league table is there :aok:

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 10:56 AM
I think when we look back on this season (provided we continue to climb the league) a lot of folk will draw a similar conclusion. It's a very tough league, IMHO, and everyone is so close together that a couple of results makes a big difference.

I know it's an 'if yer auntie had baws' type statement, but to illustrate just how close the teams are, if Motherwell had managed to nick a goal against Killie yesterday (and they definitely could have) we'd have been sitting today above Killie. Obviously we're not, because Motherwell didn't, but I do think that demonstrates how fine the margins really are.

It will be interesting to see how the likes of injuries and loans deals ending takes its toll on teams, in addition when I look back at the first round of fixtures I cant help but think about how many silly points we gave away through nothing other than really bad individual errors. We seem to be making less of those just now, the team seems to be working harder, and those that came late in the window have games under their belt and seem to be finding form (Osbourne, Agogo and Griffiths) to name a few. We have two homes games after celtic (part of me says for crowd reasons we are better away from home) so fingers crossed we can take advantage, as you say a couple of wins makes a drastic difference either way, but in all honesty can remember the last time we did a round of fixtures and things were so close / results were so unpredictable.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-10-2011, 11:02 AM
One or three of the players yesterday are still looking like they need a few games. Sparky just needs extra legs but Osbourne and Agogo for me, look quite a big short yet. HopefulIy they can catch up and we can pick up points at the same time.

iwasthere1972
23-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Possession St Mirren 55% Hibs 45%
Corners St Mirren 6 Hibs 3
Fouls St Mirren 5 Hibs 17
Shots on Target St Mirren 8 Hibs 5
Shots off Target St Mirren 8 Hibs 2

Not good reading but most important stat

Goals St Mirren 2 Hibs 3 :thumbsup:

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Possession St Mirren 55% Hibs 45%
Corners St Mirren 6 Hibs 3
Fouls St Mirren 5 Hibs 17
Shots on Target St Mirren 8 Hibs 5
Shots off Target St Mirren 8 Hibs 2

Not good reading but most important stat

Goals St Mirren 2 Hibs 3 :thumbsup:

To me that says it was a pretty tight game. The home team had more possession, and in reflection of chasing the game they had a few more corners, the ref was pish so I am not surprised by the foul count. As you say the most important stat is goals, but not too sure which bit would constitute "not good reading"?

Jones28
23-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Well done Hibs, seems like a good win and, more importantly, a deserved win. Had Hibs gotten anything out of the Motherwell game it would have been an undoubted travesty from a Motherwell point of view and extremely lucky for Hibs.

Kick on Wednesday :thumbsup::flag:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Not seen many panic merchants mentioning relegation lately.

Apart from our manager, have you seen anyone mention europe or cup wins?

bighairyfaeleith
23-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Apart from our manager, have you seen anyone mention europe or cup wins?

aye I think yogi might still be talking about europe:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 12:57 PM
aye I think yogi might still be talking about europe:greengrin

To be fair, it does seem a long time ago. :wink:

Phil MaGlass
23-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Well done Hibs, seems like a good win and, more importantly, a deserved win. Had Hibs gotten anything out of the Motherwell game it would have been an undoubted travesty from a Motherwell point of view and extremely lucky for Hibs.

Kick on Wednesday :thumbsup::flag:

not trying to put a damper on it but I thouht we were lucky to come away with the win considering the open chances definitely Hibs did not deserve the win, but I will tke the 3 points, i also think CC is deliberately looking to be sacked especially after yesterdays bewildering substitutions, someone mentioned ths in the past coupe of days and now i think that poster or posters wereright.

greenlex
23-10-2011, 01:40 PM
not trying to put a damper on it but I thouht we were lucky to come away with the win considering the open chances definitely Hibs did not deserve the win, but I will tke the 3 points, i also think CC is deliberately looking to be sacked especially after yesterdays bewildering substitutions, someone mentioned ths in the past coupe of days and now i think that poster or posters wereright.

I think you are way offthe pace in every respect.:rolleyes:

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I think you are way offthe pace in every respect.:rolleyes:

I think the match stats would say different, Hibs got a handy three points but we were lucky in doing so. Perhaps a draw would have been fairer.

Andy74
23-10-2011, 04:25 PM

Fans support teams though and ours are being short changed.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I think the match stats would say different, Hibs got a handy three points but we were lucky in doing so. Perhaps a draw would have been fairer.

Could not care less about the stats, I was at the game and it was not lucky in any way. And in any event I dont think they suggest anything of the sort.

We scored 3 goals away from home, came back from being behind and over came a ref who wanted to give them everything. What is lucky about that?

Northernhibee
23-10-2011, 04:39 PM
1Pt off top six is now something noteworthy for Hibernian F.C.

Wow.

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Could not care less about the stats, I was at the game and it was not lucky in any way. And in any event I dont think they suggest anything of the sort.

We scored 3 goals away from home, came back from being behind and over came a ref who wanted to give them everything. What is lucky about that?

Just because you dont care about stats, doesnt make them any less relevant. I didnt make the match, my old man was there and he thought we were lucky the stats would appear to back his suggestion up.

Luck by the way would be scoring 3 goals from 5 shots on target & 45 per cent possesion, st mirren scoring 2 from 8 shots on target & 55 per cent possesion.Their keeper having a howler gifting us the lead and ours having a good game could also be seen as lucky...

greenlex
23-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Just because you dont care about stats, doesnt make them any less relevant. I didnt make the match, my old man was there and he thought we were lucky the stats would appear to back his suggestion up.

Luck by the way would be scoring 3 goals from 5 shots on target & 45 per cent possesion, st mirren scoring 2 from 8 shots on target & 55 per cent possesion.Their keeper having a howler gifting us the lead and ours having a good game could also be seen as lucky...

Are Stacks saves lucky or an inherant skill?

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Are Stacks saves lucky or an inherant skill?

Not sure if you are deliberitly being an erse here or what?

The suggestion of luck being that our keeper is the busier keeper but we have won, there keeper gifts us an early LUCKY lead...
And also that we had less possesion, shots on goal, corners, and needed a good display from our keeper and a gift from their keeper.

Pretty clear what i mean surely?

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 04:50 PM

Dry your eyes. Since when would luck be scoring 3 from 5. Luck would be scoring 3 from 2. So the home team has 5 percent more possesion, what a total nightmare, imaging the home team having more possesion, especially when they are behind for 45 mins, total farce :bye:

And in addition our keeper having a good game, how lucky is that....it is like xmas come early. Get a grip. A player having a good game is lucky? Have a word.

greenlex
23-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Not sure if you are deliberitly being an erse here or what?

The suggestion of luck being that our keeper is the busier keeper but we have won, there keeper gifts us an early LUCKY lead...
And also that we had less possesion, shots on goal, corners, and needed a good display from our keeper and a gift from their keeper.

Pretty clear what i mean surely?

Despite what you might think I am being I asked a decent question. Our keeper plays well ( as does the defence) and Iam asking if its luck? I will also ask is it luck that we scored three? Was it unlucky that Sodje missed his sitter?
My point is we worked realy hard as a teamfor three points and luck did not come into it.

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Dry your eyes. Since when would luck be scoring 3 from 5. Luck would be scoring 3 from 2. So the home team has 5 percent more possesion, what a total nightmare, imaging the home team having more possesion, especially when they are behind for 45 mins, total farce :bye:

And in addition our keeper having a good game, how lucky is that....it is like xmas come early. Get a grip. A player having a good game is lucky? Have a word.

What are you talking about you idiot? Winning 3-2 yesterday we rode our luck simple as that, you have a word. As I said earlier a draw would have been a fairer result. If you win a game having had less of the ball and having every attacking stat against you and are gifted a goal from a keepers blunder then surely there is an element of luck in the victory?

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Despite what you might think I am being I asked a decent question. Our keeper plays well ( as does the defence) and Iam asking if its luck? I will also ask is it luck that we scored three? Was it unlucky that Sodje missed his sitter?
My point is we worked realy hard as a teamfor three points and luck did not come into it.

If you dont see where the element of luck is then fine, but I think there was an element of luck in our victory as stated in previous three posts.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 05:11 PM
What are you talking about you idiot? Winning 3-2 yesterday we rode our luck simple as that, you have a word. As I said earlier a draw would have been a fairer result. If you win a game having had less of the ball and having every attacking stat against you and are gifted a goal from a keepers blunder then surely there is an element of luck in the victory?

go to the game and I will give your opinion some credit. The fact that you are telling me, someone who was at the game, what the game was like based on stats you got off the BBC website, and an opinion from somone else is embarrassing...."idiot".

Get them on here would much rather debate it with someone that was at the game, rather than someone hanging off the stats / highlights package.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 05:59 PM
go to the game and I will give your opinion some credit. The fact that you are telling me, someone who was at the game, what the game was like based on stats you got off the BBC website, and an opinion from somone else is embarrassing...."idiot".

Get them on here would much rather debate it with someone that was at the game, rather than someone hanging off the stats / highlights package.

I was at the game.

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 06:00 PM

I'm not telling anyone anything other than that we were lucky to win based on what my old man had told me and based on the stats. You should try getting off your high horse,there was an element of luck in our win, get over it!

And your response prior to your last one was slightly idiotic...

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm not telling anyone anything other than that we were lucky to win based on what my old man had told me and based on the stats. You should try getting off your high horse,there was an element of luck in our win, get over it!

You are missing the point in glorious fashion. I was at the game, I dont need to you tell me what you think based on the stats and what someone else told you.

I do notice that it has changed from lucky to an 'element of luck'. I dont need someone who has not seen the game telling me what happened, so get off your high horse.

ancient hibee
23-10-2011, 06:21 PM

I would have thought that when the goalie and strikers do their job in a professional manner -that's not luck it's what should happen(and hasn't happened often enough this season).

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 06:27 PM
I was at the game.

Do you want a medal?

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 06:27 PM
You are missing the point in glorious fashion. I was at the game, I dont need to you tell me what you think based on the stats and what someone else told you.

I do notice that it has changed from lucky to an 'element of luck'. I dont need someone who has not seen the game telling me what happened, so get off your high horse.

You are being a complete tool, but hey I wouldnt expect any less from you. I have missed 2 games all season and dont need patronised by your self about going to games. There has to be an element of luck to be lucky, or is that too complicated for you to understand.

id take the word of someone who goes to the game and gives a rational constructive analysis of a Hibs performance over the word of someone who forever sees the world through green tinted specs such as yourself..

Go away now and discuss with the other folk who were at the game as they are far superior than the rest of us, oh and by the way I have saw the game through BBC, erse!

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 06:30 PM
I would have thought that when the goalie and strikers do their job in a professional manner -that's not luck it's what should happen(and hasn't happened often enough this season).

And the opposition goalie gifting us our opener isn't luck?

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 06:31 PM
You are being a complete tool, but hey I wouldnt expect any less from you. I have missed 2 games all season and dont need patronised by your self about going to games. There has to be an element of luck to be lucky, or is that too complicated for you to understand.

id take the word of someone who goes to the game and gives a rational constructive analysis of a Hibs performance over the word of someone who forever sees the world through green tinted specs such as yourself..

Go away now and discuss with the other folk who were at the game as they are far superior than the rest of us, oh and by the way I have saw the game through BBC, erse!

Did you saw it?! I dont care how many games you have missed, fact of the matter is you are not going to tell me about a game you have not seen, fact.

I am glad you are surrounded by such rational analysts though. Thats good to know.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Do you want a medal?

Yes please. :faf: Every time. :na na:

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Did you saw it?! I dont care how many games you have missed, fact of the matter is you are not going to tell me about a game you have not seen, fact.

I am glad you are surrounded by such rational analysts though. Thats good to know.

Just by people who give an honest account of what they see good or bad, rather than by some jumped up idiot who sees the world through green tinted specs,fact. And lets not get started on the fact you think the league is "great".. Clearly its p iss poor and so are we at the moment...

Am I allowed to post that having missed two matches this season??

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes please. :faf: Every time. :na na:

Listen I know today has been hard for you, but you will get through it. Remember 3 more sleeps!

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Just by people who give an honest account of what they see good or bad, rather than by some jumped up idiot who sees the world through green tinted specs,fact. And lets not get started on the fact you think the league is "great".. Clearly its p iss poor and so are we at the moment...

Am I allowed to post that having missed two matches this season??

Okay...some I am lying, good one. Imagine a hibs fans seeing things from a hibs perspective....I really do need to be more like those analysts and look at those detailed BBC stats more.

The fact you have missed two matches is irrelevant. You did not see the game we are talking about. THAT IS THE POINT....think about it.

SquashedFrogg
23-10-2011, 06:50 PM

uberfan alert :not worth

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 06:50 PM

And you really want to sort your own grammer out before trying to be smart about other peoples. Silly wee girl!

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Okay...some I am lying, good one. Imagine a hibs fans seeing things from a hibs perspective....I really do need to be more like those analysts and look at those detailed BBC stats more.

The fact you have missed two matches is irrelevant. You did not see the game we are talking about. THAT IS THE POINT....think about it.

But other people who have are also saying we were lucky to get three points. You are like a wee kid, I was at the game so I'm right blah blah blah...

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2955453]Okay...some I am lying, good one. Imagine a hibs fans seeing things from a hibs perspective....I really do need to be more like those analysts and look at those detailed BBC stats more. <br>
<br>
The fact you have missed two matches is irrelevant. You did not see the game we are talking about. THAT IS THE POINT....think about it.[/QUOTE

But other people who have are also saying we were lucky to get three points. You are like a wee kid, I was at the game so I'm right blah blah blah...

Man just deal with the fact there was luck involved in winning yesterday, you are acting like an idiot!

SquashedFrogg
23-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Just back from watching the game on sky+

WOW, what a game, If only we had a wee bit of luck, we'd have cuffed them by more! :flag:

Albion Hibs
23-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Man just deal with the fact there was luck involved in winning yesterday, you are acting like an idiot!

Your bid to take away from what was a good win is lost on me.

The highlights are up, off and analyse them wee man. :bye:

Thecat23
23-10-2011, 07:09 PM

I was there, and i'll tell you now Hibs were lucky to get a win. Draw prob fair result but delighted we won though. Good team effort. More of the same wed night. But your old man (Think you said him) was right Hibs were lucky to walk with the 3 points.

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Jeez this thread should carry certification. Like minded Hibs fans discussing a Hibs victory eh!!! :confused:

Leith Green
23-10-2011, 07:32 PM

No one is trying to take anything away from the win, your second sentance sums you up perfectly..

hibs0666
23-10-2011, 08:28 PM
1Pt off top six is now something noteworthy for Hibernian F.C.

Wow.

Still think we're getting relegated? :faf:

hibs0666
23-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I was there, and i'll tell you now Hibs were lucky to get a win. Draw prob fair result but delighted we won though. Good team effort. More of the same wed night. But your old man (Think you said him) was right Hibs were lucky to walk with the 3 points.

We were lucky in the end, but also unlucky that Sodje didn't score and put the game to bed.

hibs0666
23-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Okay...some I am lying, good one. Imagine a hibs fans seeing things from a hibs perspective....I really do need to be more like those analysts and look at those detailed BBC stats more. <br>
<br>

St. Mirren were extremely lucky that Sodje didn't score and finish the game off before their mini-revival in the last few minutes.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 08:31 PM

That is quality, you taking the moral high ground and feeling hurt. Please point out where anyone is telling you not to enjoy yesterdays win?you could make this **** up.

Northernhibee
23-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Still think we're getting relegated? :faf:

I think you'd be a fool if you discounted the possibility, especially if you look at the lesson that some of us learned from Jim Duffy.

FFS, if your level of standard for Hibs is 9th in the SPL, then you may as well not bother supporting them. If that's the level that makes you chuffed, then good for you. It sure as hell isn't what this club deserves or has achieved in the past few years.

If your level of support for Hibs is at the point where a win against St Mirren makes you chuffed where we were gifted our first goal, where we had less possession, less shots on target, more fouls, then you may as well be a ****ing yam.

No Hibee should be thinking we're safe from relegation when we were stuffed 4-1 by Killie, didn't even really create a single chance in the derby - that's not the standard that Hibs should be playing at. We should be a top four team and where sometimes teams have a dip in form, it shouldn't be to this level and the fans should be asking why.

As Hibees, we should be saying "Great - three points - well done" and we should be chuffed about that. Being one point off the top six? We should be ****ing angry that we're at that level.

****s sakes, have people forgotten what Hibs are all about? We are Hibs - we're not a ****ing bottom six team any day of the week. The fact we've been sitting in the bottom six for ****ing ages is an absolute travesty and true Hibees very much have a right to be pissed off and asking questions.

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2011, 10:02 PM
I think you'd be a fool if you discounted the possibility, especially if you look at the lesson that some of us learned from Jim Duffy.

FFS, if your level of standard for Hibs is 9th in the SPL, then you may as well not bother supporting them. If that's the level that makes you chuffed, then good for you. It sure as hell isn't what this club deserves or has achieved in the past few years.

If your level of support for Hibs is at the point where a win against St Mirren makes you chuffed where we were gifted our first goal, where we had less possession, less shots on target, more fouls, then you may as well be a ****ing yam.

No Hibee should be thinking we're safe from relegation when we were stuffed 4-1 by Killie, didn't even really create a single chance in the derby - that's not the standard that Hibs should be playing at. We should be a top four team and where sometimes teams have a dip in form, it shouldn't be to this level and the fans should be asking why.

As Hibees, we should be saying "Great - three points - well done" and we should be chuffed about that. Being one point off the top six? We should be ****ing angry that we're at that level.

****s sakes, have people forgotten what Hibs are all about? We are Hibs - we're not a ****ing bottom six team any day of the week. The fact we've been sitting in the bottom six for ****ing ages is an absolute travesty and true Hibees very much have a right to be pissed off and asking questions.

Sadly that's what we have become and anyone who thinks different is kidding themselves!

Northernhibee
23-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Sadly that's what we have become and anyone who thinks different is kidding themselves!

I disagree. With O'Connor, Sproule, Murray, Osbourne, Stack, Griffiths, Agogo, we should be top four or five. We should be asking why we're not top six and making it clear that we don't accept being bottom six.

hibs0666
23-10-2011, 10:14 PM

No Hibby should be bleating on about relegation, that's loser chat.

My level of support took me to Paisley and given your passion and grasp of the stats I'm sure you made the trip too. I was rewarded with a win for my team which I was of course chuffed at, seeing as it was only the fifth time in 20 years.

So, when you left the game yesterday, were you still thinking that we were going down?

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I disagree. With O'Connor, Sproule, Murray, Osbourne, Stack, Griffiths, Agogo, we should be top four or five. We should be asking why we're not top six and making it clear that we don't accept being bottom six.

How can you disagree look at the table it's a fact! Not saying we should accept or agree but the reallity is that is where we are with the players mentioned and we don't look like being anything different anytime soon. The attendances have made it clear we don't accept it but not a lot's changed.

Northernhibee
23-10-2011, 10:19 PM
No Hibby should be bleating on about relegation, that's loser chat.

My level of support took me to Paisley and given your passion and grasp of the stats I'm sure you made the trip too. I was rewarded with a win for my team which I was of course chuffed at, seeing as it was only the fifth time in 20 years.

So, when you left the game yesterday, were you still thinking that we were going down?

"It's loser chat".

That's because bar the occasional result against the might of St Mirren or St Johnstone or Inverness, we have a manager who loses a lot of ****ing games, and only wins one in four he manages.

A similar stat to Jim Duffy.

Mind him? We stuck with him after fighting back in a derby game, and blind faith for too long ultimately led us to relegation.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 11:29 PM
"It's loser chat".

That's because bar the occasional result against the might of St Mirren or St Johnstone or Inverness, we have a manager who loses a lot of ****ing games, and only wins one in four he manages.

Mind him? We stuck with him after fighting back in a derby game, and blind faith for too long ultimately led us to relegation.

I agree, we win the odd game now and again, just enough to keep this clown and those who support him in a job and off his back. And all the time we are underachieving, but it means we probably wont be relegated. WHOOPI ****IN DO. :rolleyes:

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 08:26 AM
"It's loser chat".

You have no monopoly on desiring better results. I happen to believe that better results will come as a result of having a bit of stability rather than by knee-jerk change every time there's a bit of screeching from a messageboard.

pentlando
24-10-2011, 08:51 AM
You have no monopoly on desiring better results. I happen to believe that better results will come as a result of having a bit of stability rather than by knee-jerk change every time there's a bit of screeching from a messageboard.

:agree:

On a side issue, we're above Dundee Utd. Haven't heard many outcries from their support wanting rid of Houston, and he's been in his job longer than Calderwood has his. We've taken 8pts from the last 12 involving teams outside the current top 2, definite signs of progress.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2011, 09:15 AM
:agree:

On a side issue, we're above Dundee Utd. Haven't heard many outcries from their support wanting rid of Houston, and he's been in his job longer than Calderwood has his. We've taken 8pts from the last 12 involving teams outside the current top 2, definite signs of progress.

Why would any decent fan get on Houston's back, a Scottish cup win and regular European football is what United have seen recently, if he hits a bad patch he surely deserves a chance to address that?

steakbake
24-10-2011, 09:38 AM
A win V St Mirren is welcome, especially the manner in which we came back. Well, went one up, then went two down then clawed it back - not often we've clawed things back after going behind. Credit to the team.

However, one game does not make the peg any less shoogly. I don't think that beating Celtic at Parkhead is reasonable to expect to see as an indication that Calderwood is up to the job or not, but the performance has to be looked at.

Then there is Dunfermline, Kilmarnock then St Johnstone - November is a telling month, I'd say. I'd expect at least 7 of 9 points.

pentlando
24-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Why would any decent fan get on Houston's back, a Scottish cup win and regular European football is what United have seen recently, if he hits a bad patch he surely deserves a chance to address that?

I just see the argument as inconsistent. Surely if sentiment plays a role no decent fan could have got on Yogi's back after he brought European football in his only full season in charge? I was simply making the point that whilst our fans seem to think that we are in terrible shape and the manager must go, another side with comparable standing and history to ours remain fully behind both team and manager despite actually being behind us in the league.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2011, 10:40 AM
I just see the argument as inconsistent. Surely if sentiment plays a role no decent fan could have got on Yogi's back after he brought European football in his only full season in charge? I was simply making the point that whilst our fans seem to think that we are in terrible shape and the manager must go, another side with comparable standing and history to ours remain fully behind both team and manager despite actually being behind us in the league.

Its only inconsistant if you have an agenda. Hughes deserved a chance to address the slide, just as Houston does. If Houston was getting a bad time 3 or 4 months ago, i'd not understand that?

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-10-2011, 10:44 AM
What went wrong didn't happen overnight and won't be fixed overnighr and as much as I wouldn't accept getting turned over every week I don't expect us to win every week either. Picking up points is the bottom line just now, even if it is papering over the cracks. Anyone who was at both Saints games though will surely have felt the different atmosphere after we went behind.

Thecat23
24-10-2011, 10:54 AM

After a year of his results and style of football, i'm sorry but it's anything bar Knee-Jerk. A win is a win and i'm delighted. this does not mean i think he should stay. I don't think he's good enough as a manager and results show this. I want the best for Hibs and it's clear that CC isn't the man to take us forward.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2011, 10:58 AM
After a year of his results and style of football, i'm sorry but it's anything bar Knee-Jerk. A win is a win and i'm delighted. this does not mean i think he should stay. I don't think he's good enough as a manager and results show this. I want the best for Hibs and it's clear that CC isn't the man to take us forward.

You couldnt make this up, those wanting Calderwood out want him out because of some knee jerk reaction to the results???????:faf::faf:

I wonder what these threads that appear once every times hayleys comet comes round about how quiet things are, if they are not knee jerking to the extreme, i wonder what is?

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 11:05 AM
You couldnt make this up, those wanting Calderwood out want him out because of some knee jerk reaction to the results???????:faf::faf:

I wonder what these threads that appear once every times hayleys comet comes round about how quiet things are, if they are not knee jerking to the extreme, i wonder what is?

We're joint seventh in the table, just seven points off fourth place with a cup semi-final place to play for. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see that any sort of reason to turn into some form of screeching panic-merchant. :confused:

Thecat23
24-10-2011, 11:10 AM

Exactly BH. I really can't see how folk can defend his record? It mirrors Duffy's and look where we ended up. We may not go down but people seem to be happy to float around the bottom 6. It's not good enough and fans are showing this by staying away.

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 11:10 AM

I don't get this style of football stuff. For example Martin Hannan described Saturday's game thus...

WHEN two sides who like to play attacking football go hammer and tongs at each other on a day when defences dither, the result can be spectacular, entertaining football.

That was certainly the case in the first half in Paisley yesterday, when five goals and no end of good attacking football reminded you that the SPL can be thrilling stuff.

what I do see is a group of players lacking in confidence, some of whom resort to going long when put under any sort of pressure.

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Exactly BH. I really can't see how folk can defend his record? It mirrors Duffy's and look where we ended up. We may not go down but people seem to be happy to float around the bottom 6. It's not good enough and fans are showing this by staying away.

I don't see anyone being happy in the bottom 6. :confused:

Thecat23
24-10-2011, 11:14 AM
We're joint seventh in the table, just seven points off fourth place with a cup semi-final place to play for. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see that any sort of reason to turn into some form of screeching panic-merchant. :confused:

We're also only 3 points off the bottom. Playing very poor football and playing with crowds of less than 9k. He's had his chance to show what he can bring and he's failed. Be great if we win on wed but again i'm not going to then say he should stay. I don't like his style of play or his attitude.

Thecat23
24-10-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't see anyone being happy in the bottom 6. :confused:

Really? so why are people still on here defending him then? Do you think he's good enough for Hibs and will turn it around? It's been a year he's had, his signings have been brought in and the football is honking.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2011, 11:18 AM

And there you have in one post, all thats wrong with Hibs.

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 11:22 AM
And there you have in one post, all thats wrong with Hibs.

What a bizarre comment.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2011, 11:30 AM
What a bizarre comment.

We seem to take some sort of silly pride in being behind some very poor teams, just as long as we are still in striking distance of them.

Next week without playing better than we have done in a long time,it will in all probability be 10 points behind 4th place, and out the cup. Yet when we actually are up there challenging for 4th or even 3rd place, we are lucky, and cant wait to get stuck right into why we shouldn't be in that position?

Hibs fans amaze me.

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 11:51 AM
We seem to take some sort of silly pride in being behind some very poor teams, just as long as we are still in striking distance of them.

Next week without playing better than we have done in a long time,it will in all probability be 10 points behind 4th place, and out the cup. Yet when we actually are up there challenging for 4th or even 3rd place, we are lucky, and cant wait to get stuck right into why we shouldn't be in that position?

Hibs fans amaze me.

Yep, "One point off" or "Four points off" means that we're not fourth or sixth, we're ninth, and ninth on merit (or lack of it).

We will not turn this club around with a 25% win ratio.

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 01:32 PM

Hibs fans amaze me.

As you well know it does not matter a toss where you are in the league in October, and that teams will constantly change league position over the coming weeks as they play one-another. As you well-know only times that league position count is when the split is made and at the end of the season.

I'm just pretty surprised that all your message board screeching comes down to the fact that you think Hibs should be a couple of places up the table in mid-October. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2011, 01:41 PM
As you well know it does not matter a toss where you are in the league in October, and that teams will constantly change league position over the coming weeks as they play one-another. As you well-know only times that league position count is when the split is made and at the end of the season.

I'm just pretty surprised that all your message board screeching comes down to the fact that you think Hibs should be a couple of places up the table in mid-October. :confused:

A couple of places further up. :faf::faf: Yes thats the reason. :rolleyes: Has it crossed your mind, perhaps it could be something a little different, you know results like one win in 4, performance, sweeties? Nah i doubt it, as long as we are still in striking distance of 4th place, things are fine.

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 02:16 PM
A couple of places further up. :faf::faf: Yes thats the reason. :rolleyes: Has it crossed your mind, perhaps it could be something a little different, you know results like one win in 4, performance, sweeties? Nah i doubt it, as long as we are still in striking distance of 4th place, things are fine.

Yup, we're within striking distance of the top 4, not forgetting playing for a place in a cup semi-final. So what exactly are you whining on about? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Yup, we're within striking distance of the top 4, not forgetting playing for a place in a cup semi-final. So what exactly are you whining on about? :wink:

Nothing i suppose. :wink:

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 02:29 PM

Can I point out that a couple of places up would be 7th, and even still not top six as a result?

:lolyam:

greenlex
24-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Can I point out that a couple of places up would be 7th, and even still not top six as a result?

Ok call it a couple of points then.:rolleyes:

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 03:34 PM

Nope, we are joint 7th in the table.

I really do not understand your fixation with belittling and talking down the club.

Very yammish.

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Nope, we are joint 7th in the table.

I really do not understand your fixation with belittling and talking down the club.

Very yammish.

No, on goal difference we are 9th. Some of us aren't delighted with that, we're concerned. Nothing to do with your beloved CC only bringing in one defender from last season to a defence that was already awful, and lost quite a few as well.

I support the team passionately - you won't find anyone singing louder or for longer than me on a match day. If you think posting "Yay! 9th! ****ing whoopee!" on a messageboard will change anything, then I'm a little lost for words.

However, from manager level upwards there's something that stinks just now and it's dragging us down. Some of us want to see that eradicated so we can get back to being a successful football team who fights for European football and does our past heroes proud.

If you think that Hibs are doing that just now, then you're delusional.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2011, 03:55 PM

Hibs fans amaze me.

I'm with you BH. I want to charge some Hibs fans with 'unHibernian behaviour.' It's possibly a generational thing but we should be demolishing small town nothing teams and not apologizing for possibly threatening them by edging into the top six. Sorry, but being a Hibs fan for me means slugging it out with the Old Firm and only being cheated from humiliating them by biased referees, slaughtering Hearts without breaking sweat, and trouncing nonentities from Paisley, Motherwell, Dundee and Dunfermline in our sleep.

Of course, we're too cool to rant all this out like the pathetic, inadequate Yams (methinks the lady doth protest too much) but we know we're the greatest sporting, cultural and political institution the universe has ever known. So lets get some arrogance back in the picture, instead on being po-faced mediocre ******s with all this 'just give Calderwood more time' or 'our midfield is showing signs of coming together' or 'the defense was poor, but they weren't as bad as they were last week.' Calderwood isn't fit to manager of Hibernian, for a heap of reasons - so let's get him punted and give the job to somebody who gives a Donald Duck.

Deluded? Yes - if daring to dream is delusional. Caring? Hell yeah, guilty as charged. I care about those mo-fo's who wear that emerald jersey on their backs.

We are a club run by accountants and it's beginning to show. Yes, it's better than being run by lunatics, but not that much.

Being a Hibs fan is about reaching for the stars, rather than wallowing in the gutter. Leave that to the Gorgie ****. Glory glory to the Hibees.

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm with you BH. I want to charge some Hibs fans with 'unHibernian behaviour.' It's possibly a generational thing but we should be demolishing small town nothing teams and not apologizing for possibly threatening them by edging into the top six. Sorry, but being a Hibs fan for me means slugging it out with the Old Firm and only being cheated from humiliating them by biased referees, slaughtering Hearts without breaking sweat, and trouncing nonentities from Paisley, Motherwell, Dundee and Dunfermline in our sleep.

Of course, we're too cool to rant all this out like the pathetic, inadequate Yams (methinks the lady doth protest too much) but we know we're the greatest sporting, cultural and political institution the universe has ever known. So lets get some arrogance back in the picture, instead on being po-faced mediocre ******s with all this 'just give Calderwood more time' or 'our midfield is showing signs of coming together' or 'the defense was poor, but they weren't as bad as they were last week.' Calderwood isn't fit to manager of Hibernian, for a heap of reasons - so let's get him punted and give the job to somebody who gives a Donald Duck.

Deluded? Yes - if daring to dream is delusional. Caring? Hell yeah, guilty as charged. I care about those mo-fo's who wear that emerald jersey on their backs.

We are a club run by accountants and it's beginning to show. Yes, it's better than being run by lunatics, but not that much.

Being a Hibs fan is about reaching for the stars, rather than wallowing in the gutter. Leave that to the Gorgie ****. Glory glory to the Hibees.

Very well said.

I've posted "We are Hibernian F.C." a few times - glad to see SOMEONE knows what that means. :top marks

Captain Trips
24-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Whats the big deal about being 1pt off a still not IMO acceptable position? for me yes we are not out of it but we are 7pts off where we should be at.

For me there is no top 6 or bottom 6 there is a league of 12 teams and we 100% should be looking at 4th or if there is a real slip from a team 3rd.