PDA

View Full Version : Towell

Spike Mandela
22-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Can Richie Towell play in any of the next two games against Celtic?

If not who takes his place?

Westie1875
22-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Can Richie Towell play in any of the next two games against Celtic?

If not who takes his place?

I doubt it, reckon it will be Palsson.

Spike Mandela
22-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Is Hart near to returning yet? I reckon he has something to prove to Hibs fans.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Is Hart near to returning yet? I reckon he has something to prove to Hibs fans.

I arrived off the train just as the team bus arrived at the stadium today. He got off looking ok, not sure how far off fitness he is, but he surely can't be that far away from being ready to join the squad?

silverhibee
22-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I arrived off the train just as the team bus arrived at the stadium today. He got off looking ok, not sure how far off fitness he is, but he surely can't be that far away from being ready to join the squad?

Hart trained this week with the lads.

Seveno
22-10-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't think we'll miss him. He is caught ball watching too much, gets caught way out of position and can't win a ball in the air.

I wish O'Hanlon was on loan from Celtic as well.

Billy Whizz
22-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I had big hopes for O'Hanlon as we needed an experienced defender. Hasn't unfortunately come unto expectations
We'll miss Towell in Wednesday/Saturday as it means we have to change the team again

Scooter
22-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Stuff Hart, Sean welsh should get the chance

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Will be a downer in that changing a winning team is never great but recently it is becoming more obvious IMO that Towell is a midfielder filling in and it will be the same for Palsson

Tricla
22-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't think we'll miss him. He is caught ball watching too much, gets caught way out of position and can't win a ball in the air.

I wish O'Hanlon was on loan from Celtic as well.

Do you have an answer for the OP or not?

I'm getting so tired of the slagging of our players at every opportunity.

SOH scored a good goal to get us back in to the game today and he, PH & IM defended well in the second half.

Scoring goals & defending well is the formula of winning football is it not?

McD
22-10-2011, 07:38 PM

:agree: definitely

Billy Whizz
22-10-2011, 07:43 PM
What at right back?

Jonnyboy
22-10-2011, 07:44 PM

:agree: definitely

I'd like to see Sean get a chance in the team but not at right back. Playing him there would do him no favours and we've already have enough players played out of position :agree:

Billy Whizz
22-10-2011, 07:46 PM
I'd like to see Sean get a chance in the team but not at right back. Playing him there would do him no favours and we've already have enough players played out of position :agree:

I'm sure he will get a chance sooner than later, as we are crying out for a central midfielder

scoopyboy
22-10-2011, 07:50 PM

What is Sean though JC?

I've seen him play right back, central defence and midfield and I'm not sure what his best position is.

I would say right back may be his best chance of holding down a game but I don't think he should play there in the Celtic games.

Jonnyboy
22-10-2011, 07:53 PM
What is Sean though JC?

I've seen him play right back, central defence and midfield and I'm not sure what his best position is.

I would say right back may be his best chance of holding down a game but I don't think he should play there in the Celtic games.

I see him more as a creative midfielder J but you may be right about the RB position being his best chance

Mikey
22-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Didn't Willie Miller debut at Parkhead? And do ok too??

Chuck him in at the deep end :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-10-2011, 08:00 PM

But not at right back please

scoopyboy
22-10-2011, 08:09 PM

Possibly Mikey, I couldn't argue.

Miller would have had the benefit of reserve football whereas Sean Welsh hasn't had a game in months. To play him at right back on Wednesday night would be a recipe for disaster. A cup exit and probably knock him for six.

There's a time and place for Sean but IMO it won't be in the starting line up against Celtic, either in the cup tie or at Parkhead.

SquashedFrogg
22-10-2011, 08:30 PM

I'm sure a 17yo Stuart McCaffrey did aswell. We got beat but he did well

Allant1981
22-10-2011, 09:42 PM
I thought he played ok today, id rather have him than hart

scoopyboy
22-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I thought he played ok today, id rather have him than hart

Yes, we all would.

The point of the thread however is who plays in his place on Wednesday and Saturday.

Allant1981
22-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes, we all would.The point of the thread however is who plays in his place on Wednesday and Saturday. i do apologise, i pressed submit by accident. Although id rather have towell than hart i think hart might just get the start ahead of VP

scoopyboy
22-10-2011, 09:52 PM
i do apologise, i pressed submit by accident. Although id rather have towell than hart i think hart might just get the start ahead of VP

No apology necessary guv.

I think it will be Palsson or Wotherspoon, Hart and Welsh can't be match fit IMO.

Allant1981
22-10-2011, 09:56 PM
No apology necessary guv.I think it will be Palsson or Wotherspoon, Hart and Welsh can't be match fit IMO. My only worry about playing palsson is his desire to play in that position. He hasnt had many good games at RB and i think its because he doesnt like playing there. Hopefully im wrong and if he does play then he has a blinder

basehibby
22-10-2011, 10:10 PM
No apology necessary guv.

I think it will be Palsson or Wotherspoon, Hart and Welsh can't be match fit IMO.

:agree: Got to be Palsson or Wothers - Hart won't be fit enough and Welsh at RB is surely someone having a laff :greengrin

Is he recovered from injury now BTW?