PDA

View Full Version : Getting a refund on the Hibs Iphone App

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Anyone who has experienced the issues I've had may be considering a refund.

The service is poor - no stream today and patchy (only got 2nd half last week).

I've enquired about a refund but my response from "Guru" was :

"unfortunately we are unable to process your refund for your purchase on an iPhone app...." [fair enough they dont collect the money initially.]

Then instructions on how to request the refund...

Login to itunes homepage
Go to recent purchases
Then click request refund.

Only thing is the app doesnt appear under recent purchases (only my tunes do)
So I'm a little stuffed.

Anyone got any advice as "Guru" has now given me the same response 3 times - ignoring answering my question twice when I said that didn't work for me. Guru my bahooky!

As I said on the game thread. A wasted opportunity for the club, let down by the providers - this started back with the Maribor fiasco. They've had enough of my money giving them multiple second chances to get it right. They cant even effectively troubleshoot - we have problems with iOS5 - but I'm not even on that. They then say to uninstall and reinstall the app - previously it was refresh the cache. Pull the other one. If this is the case their app is so flakey they should not be providing it until sorted.

And yes I'm hacked off.

PaulSmith
22-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Anyone who has experienced the issues I've had may be considering a refund.

The service is poor - no stream today and patchy (only got 2nd half last week).

I've enquired about a refund but my response from "Guru" was :

"unfortunately we are unable to process your refund for your purchase on an iPhone app...." [fair enough they dont collect the money initially.]

Then instructions on how to request the refund...

Login to itunes homepage
Go to recent purchases
Then click request refund.

Only thing is the app doesnt appear under recent purchases (only my tunes do)
So I'm a little stuffed.

Anyone got any advice as "Guru" has now given me the same response 3 times - ignoring answering my question twice when I said that didn't work for me. Guru my bahooky!

As I said on the game thread. A wasted opportunity for the club, let down by the providers - this started back with the Maribor fiasco. They've had enough of my money giving them multiple second chances to get it right. They cant even effectively troubleshoot - we have problems with iOS5 - but I'm not even on that. They then say to uninstall and reinstall the app - previously it was refresh the cache. Pull the other one. If this is the case their app is so flakey they should not be providing it until sorted.

And yes I'm hacked off.

It's not worked for me for over a week now

c31
22-10-2011, 06:09 PM
works fine for me on ios 5 (iphone 4)

Martin
22-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Couldn't make it to the game today and it worked fine for me.

Mary Hinge
22-10-2011, 09:43 PM
There may have been a problem today ..... I didn't get any text updates at all, before during or after the match.

The Green Goblin
22-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I normally find it okay, but it can be temperamental. The broadcast does break down at times during games. I couldn't get the Motherwell stream last week and when I sent a message about it, I got an e-mail telling me the settings on my iphone were probably incorrect. The following week, having not touched my settings, it worked fine. For me, being in Brazil, the highlights thing is worth it alone, (with the narrow-minded BBC of course only allowing you to see such things if you are in the UK). But that's another matter.

Today, I used the Tune-in app (excellent, btw - almost any radio station in the world) and followed the game on the open all mics BBC broadcast. I expect I only managed to hear that because I tuned in before the games started. Normally, I can't hear it because I am not in the UK etc. etc.

Well, good luck getting your refund anyway.

GG