PDA

View Full Version : Gordon 'Flash' Smith

Boris
21-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I think the club's various lines of communication sometimes leave a lot to be desired but top marks to whoever keeps the official website up to date today. Well known Hibs fan & photographer Gordon 'Flash' Smith passed away a few weeks back & today I had the priviledge of joining a group of his family & friends at Easter Road to see his ashes scattered in a short ceremony & ex-Hibs Supporters' Associaten General Secretary Bill Alcorn made a moving wee speech. I left Easter Road & by the time I was back at work the club had posted a story about the ceremony & Flash on the website.

Well done to the club - credit where it's due.:top marks

FranckSuzy
21-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I think the club's various lines of communication sometimes leave a lot to be desired but top marks to whoever keeps the official website up to date today. Well known Hibs fan & photographer Gordon 'Flash' Smith passed away a few weeks back & today I had the priviledge of joining a group of his family & friends at Easter Road to see his ashes scattered in a short ceremony & ex-Hibs Supporters' Associaten General Secretary Bill Alcorn made a moving wee speech. I left Easter Road & by the time I was back at work the club had posted a story about the ceremony & Flash on the website.

Top class. RIP Flash :flag:

givescotlandfreedom
21-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Flash would be so proud. RIP to a true Hibee

BEEJ
21-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Never met the guy but thought the item on the official site was a fitting tribute to a lifelong and dedicated supporter.

:flag:

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Just read the piece on the official site, and thought it was fantastic. Never met the man, but he sounds a real gentleman. Hope we get a win for him tomorrow.:top marks

RIP
22-10-2011, 12:59 PM
I think the club's various lines of communication sometimes leave a lot to be desired but top marks to whoever keeps the official website up to date today.

Well known Hibs fan & photographer Gordon 'Flash' Smith passed away a few weeks back & today I had the priviledge of joining a group of his family & friends at Easter Road to see his ashes scattered in a short ceremony & ex-Hibs Supporters' Associaten General Secretary Bill Alcorn made a moving wee speech.

I left Easter Road & by the time I was back at work the club had posted a story about the ceremony & Flash on the website.

Nice report Jim - thanks for sharing that. Gordon had the privilege of seeing the Famous Five. I wonder if Turnbull's Tornadoes will be the nearest thing for guys of our era

H18sry
22-10-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111021/gordon-flash-smith_2262950_2489474

I was invited to Flash's house last week to see the hall of fame for one last time, what a moving experience RIP Flash

Baldy Foghorn
22-10-2011, 06:10 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111021/gordon-flash-smith_2262950_2489474

I was invited to Flash's house last week to see the hall of fame for one last time, what a moving experience RIP Flash

Being in the hall of fame was truly a moving and humbling experience......

There will be a charity night in honour of Flash's memory, where the photos can be bought and some put up for Auction.....

Billy Whizz
22-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Never knew the guy but great that Hibs appreciated him

oconnors_strip
23-10-2011, 09:05 PM

There will be a charity night in honour of Flash's memory, where the photos can be bought and some put up for Auction.....

glad to hear the photos will be put up for auction, a charity night in the great man's honour will be good!:thumbsup:

H18sry
25-10-2011, 05:52 PM

Will you be bidding against me? :devil:

Last Minute
25-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I also went along with Bill a couple of weeks ago to see the hall of fame, only knew Flash for about 4 years and what a gem of a guy. To my amazement there was about 2 photo's of me and the mrs, plus one with me and Ian Murray which Flash had taken at the player of the year awards. I wasso taken back and could not believe it, Bill said he must have liked ya pal as there was not one inch of space left in the hall but he took the time to add me in his collection.

You are so dearly missed Flash.

Forza Fred
26-10-2011, 08:49 AM
I was back on holiday a few years back and I was told that Flash (whom I hd never met) had hears that I was back adn was going to come into teh Hibsclub later that evening to gve me a collection of HIbs photographs.

He did, and I still have them.

Flash did not know me then from a bar of soap but that was the kind of guy he was - he just wanted to make sure a visitor from Australia was well looked after.

I was so sorry to hear of his passing.