PDA

View Full Version : Official Picture Website

SteveHFC
21-10-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.hibernianfcpix.com/

Forza Fred
22-10-2011, 05:48 AM
http://www.hibernianfcpix.com/

It is indeed a worthy addition and I for one shall certainly be seeking a couple of airmail delivires prior to Christmas.

However it would eb almost ''únHibernian"not to point out a assive (?) error on one of the captions.

In pic 741452 taken at t'he 7-0 game on 1 January 1973 it shows Pat Stanton offering his hand to shake Jimmy O'Rourkes...and the caption reads along the lines "Pat Stanton praises goal hero jimmy ORrourke after he scores the opening goal"'

Only thing is though, the opening goal scored by Jimmy was at the other end of the ground, and what I think the handshake is for was actually the 6th goal, after Paddy had went on a herculian run up the right and crossed for Jimmy to slide the ball into the net...if you look at the mud on Jimmy's shorts it suggests it is consistent with being later in the game than earlier.

And anyway a later photo offered for sale - 923070 clearly shows Jimmy sliding the ball in for the sixth goal at the end of the park they are shown as in the first photo..

And that m'lud is our case....

PaulSmith
22-10-2011, 08:00 AM
The Mowbray era what I'd give to have anything resembling that team today.

tanfield
22-10-2011, 08:16 AM
It is indeed a worthy addition and I for one shall certainly be seeking a couple of airmail delivires prior to Christmas.

However it would eb almost ''únHibernian"not to point out a assive (?) error on one of the captions.

In pic 741452 taken at t'he 7-0 game on 1 January 1973 it shows Pat Stanton offering his hand to shake Jimmy O'Rourkes...and the caption reads along the lines "Pat Stanton praises goal hero jimmy ORrourke after he scores the opening goal"'

Only thing is though, the opening goal scored by Jimmy was at the other end of the ground, and what I think the handshake is for was actually the 6th goal, after Paddy had went on a herculian run up the right and crossed for Jimmy to slide the ball into the net...if you look at the mud on Jimmy's shorts it suggests it is consistent with being later in the game than earlier.

And anyway a later photo offered for sale - 923070 clearly shows Jimmy sliding the ball in for the sixth goal at the end of the park they are shown as in the first photo..

And that m'lud is our case....

:agree:

Steve-O
22-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Decent, hopefully they add more old ones :agree: