PDA

View Full Version : NHC Manchester Derby

FromTheCapital
21-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I'll go 2-1 Utd, Welbeck will put Utd ahead before Aguero equalising for City and then Fletcher will make it 2-1 to Utd in the dying minutes.

I'm a City fan and I hate Utd but can just see them edging City out!!!

Cabbage East
21-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Surely you're a Hibs fan if you're on here? Why would you 'hate utd'? :confused:

essexhibee
21-10-2011, 12:36 PM
I'll go 2-1 Utd, Welbeck will put Utd ahead before Aguero equalising for City and then Fletcher will make it 2-1 to Utd in the dying minutes.I'm a City fan and I hate Utd but can just see them edging City out!!!You another one of those lifelong city fans since 2007?

steakbake
21-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Gads. The Man U v City daisy-chain. I've met so many people with "Aunties" who live close to Old Trafford...

I'm sure increasingly there'll be folk whose "Aunties" moved across town.

Such is the world though - certainly with the EPL, it's a bit old fashioned to insist that you have to have some kind of local link to support a team. Just wish folk would be honest about it - "I like Man U/Man City/Chelsea etc because I'm a sucker for their global branding and marketing strategy".

Wembley67
21-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Let the knob stroking commence.

Skanko79
21-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Surely you're a Hibs fan if you're on here? Why would you 'hate utd'? :confused:

im a hibs fan and man united make me sick.

im going for 3-2 man city.

easty
21-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Gads. The Man U v City daisy-chain. I've met so many people with "Aunties" who live close to Old Trafford...

I'm sure increasingly there'll be folk whose "Aunties" moved across town.

Such is the world though - certainly with the EPL, it's a bit old fashioned to insist that you have to have some kind of local link to support a team. Just wish folk would be honest about it - "I like Man U/Man City/Chelsea etc because I'm a sucker for their global branding and marketing strategy".

People don't need a reason. If you want to like Man Utd then that's fine. If you want to like Man City then that's fine too. If you want to like Chelsea, then that's fine. If you want to like Arsenal, you're a cock.

I like Frankie Sandford from The Saturdays and I'd want her to win a KY Jelly wrestling match against Pixie Lott. Now.......I wasn't even born on a Saturday, I don't have an auntie who lives near Frankie Sandford and I wasn't brought up a Frankie Sandford fan by my dad. I just like her, you can like/support who you want (as long as it's not Arsenal).

steakbake
21-10-2011, 02:19 PM
People don't need a reason. If you want to like Man Utd then that's fine. If you want to like Man City then that's fine too. If you want to like Chelsea, then that's fine. If you want to like Arsenal, you're a cock.

I like Frankie Sandford from The Saturdays and I'd want her to win a KY Jelly wrestling match against Pixie Lott. Now.......I wasn't even born on a Saturday, I don't have an auntie who lives near Frankie Sandford and I wasn't brought up a Frankie Sandford fan by my dad. I just like her, you can like/support who you want (as long as it's not Arsenal).

That fully explains it. I will never ask the question again.

easty
21-10-2011, 02:24 PM
That fully explains it. I will never ask the question again.

Good, I tried to be as concise as possible.

Cabbage East
21-10-2011, 02:27 PM

Sad stuff.

LancashireHibby
21-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Generally lean towards City as the 'underdog' but I'm really not sure who I want to win on Sunday. I might turn out up Leigh to watch the game and just try to wind up both sets of glory hunters.

steakbake
21-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Good, I tried to be as concise as possible.

But it's not exactly the same though is it?

You like Frankie Sandford off the Saturdays for a different reason than someone likes Man U or City? No-one is going to ride either of them, unless you are on 100k a week and your name is Carlos Tevez.

ScottB
21-10-2011, 02:48 PM

:top marks

As for the match, I'm hopeful of it being a pretty damn awesome game of football, as to the result, I couldn't care less (as long as the boys in my fantasy team do well, so goals / assists for Rooney, Young, Aguero, Dzeko and Silva would suit me fine).

easty
21-10-2011, 02:50 PM
But it's not exactly the same though is it?

You like Frankie Sandford off the Saturdays for a different reason than someone likes Man U or City? No-one is going to ride either of them, unless you are on 100k a week and your name is Carlos Tevez.

It wasn't really a serious comparison. My post was either going to be that Frankie Sandford thing, or I was going to throw out some bait for people to bite at. It's one of those topics that, no matter how many times it comes up on here, some people can't help but get wound up about.

Really it's just not a big deal at all.

Hope it's a good game though, I reckon Ballotelli could be the one to watch.

Stevie Reid
21-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I reckon Ballotelli could be the one to watch.

For £24M, I should ****ing hope so.

allezsauzee
21-10-2011, 03:53 PM
It wasn't really a serious comparison. My post was either going to be that Frankie Sandford thing, or I was going to throw out some bait for people to bite at. It's one of those topics that, no matter how many times it comes up on here, some people can't help but get wound up about.

Really it's just not a big deal at all.

Hope it's a good game though, I reckon Ballotelli could be the one to watch.

i'd say the saturdays are the ones to watch...awesome :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
21-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Hope they both kick lumps out of each other.

Couldn't care less about the score.

Rougier45
21-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Go on fergie- Scotlands best manager of all time -united 3-1 - red army

seven nowt
21-10-2011, 06:02 PM
2-0 Man United

Wayne Rooney
Darren Fletcher

Sir David Gray
21-10-2011, 07:49 PM
2-1 United.

Really don't see them losing this one at Old Trafford.

Sodje_18
21-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Despise United, wish City all the success that comes there way. Don't buy into supporting English teams if you're not from there. 2-1 City Dzeko to score the winner.

iwasthere1972
21-10-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm in agreement with Rhett Butler.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Pete
22-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Despise United, wish City all the success that comes there way. Don't buy into supporting English teams if you're not from there. 2-1 City Dzeko to score the winner.

I don't mind it when people have a soft spot for an English team. However, it's when people actually support an English team as their first choice it is basically killing the Scottish game. I know people who spend their time, money and effort going to English grounds and buying English club merchandise and couldn't even tell you who was in the SPL. Every person who is doing that is one less supporting their local team and helping them survive.

Romanian Manchester United fans outnumbered the home teams fans in their recent champions league game.

People do have the right to support whoever they want but unless you are putting the effort into supporting your local team first then you are part of the problem and are killing the game.

I hope it's a draw tomorrow (on the coupon) and I hope that Hibs win and Hearts lose. No matter what the result people like Tevez and Rooney will be winners....and it's all thanks to people in Romania, Japan, China, Edinburgh etc...who fill their pockets by buying their shirts, training tops and duvet sets. Depressing stuff.

CFC
22-10-2011, 03:42 AM
To be fair Peter back in the 80s you could get the ski hats that were half English team half Scottish and the Panini sticker book had English and Scottish teams in it. People have had loyalties both sides of the border for as long as I can remember.

hibsbollah
22-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Kick off time 8:30pm. (thats Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai and Seoul time).

LancashireHibby
22-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't mind it when people have a soft spot for an English team. However, it's when people actually support an English team as their first choice it is basically killing the Scottish game. I know people who spend their time, money and effort going to English grounds and buying English club merchandise and couldn't even tell you who was in the SPL. Every person who is doing that is one less supporting their local team and helping them survive.

What about those of those that do it the other way round?! :wink:

lucky
22-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Manchester United all the way. Going for 2-0. Hibs are my first love but United are my bit on the side. I really enjoy watching United and it is a great trip to Old Trafford. I'm sure the City fans will enjoy their team visting a big club.

hibiedude
22-10-2011, 10:40 AM
£20 on Rooney to score 1st Goal :wink:

HH81
23-10-2011, 08:04 AM
A Manchester city win would clearly upset a lot of people from London, Essex, dover, exeter, Halifax, falkirk and Edinburgh.

So for that reason let the tears begin.

Lucius Apuleius
23-10-2011, 08:21 AM
A Manchester city win would clearly upset a lot of people from London, Essex, dover, exeter, Halifax, falkirk and Edinburgh.

I concur:agree:

R'Albin
23-10-2011, 08:32 AM
2-1 United.

Just thought, have you ever done that forfeit you agreed to do last manchester derby?

HH81
23-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Just thought, have you ever done that forfeit you agreed to do last manchester derby?

Oh yes, forgot about that. Doesn't it deserve a new thread :greengrin:wink:

R'Albin
23-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Oh yes, forgot about that. Doesn't it deserve a new thread :greengrin:wink:

:agree::greengrin

iwasthere1972
23-10-2011, 10:49 AM

No but he did a good impression of a chicken.

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Very decent result for Citeh,though they ought to have won by more.

Strange to see such a spineless United performance. Shralek will be very pissed off - this team totally lacked fortitude and the will to win, which you can never say about Fergies teams. I think a few of those guys might be shown the door. Amazing to see United go all Arsenal softy-softy.

Citeh were good, not brilliant, but United were very poor.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Manchester United all the way. Going for 2-0. Hibs are my first love but United are my bit on the side. I really enjoy watching United and it is a great trip to Old Trafford. I'm sure the City fans will enjoy their team visting a big club.

:dunno: did they?:wink:

IWasThere2016
23-10-2011, 02:48 PM
A doing - an utter doing! :greengrin

Get that roond ye Fergie ya pwick!

joe breezy
23-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Very decent result for Citeh,though they ought to have won by more.

Strange to see such a spineless United performance. Shralek will be very pissed off - this team totally lacked fortitude and the will to win, which you can never say about Fergies teams. I think a few of those guys might be shown the door. Amazing to see United go all Arsenal softy-softy.

Citeh were good, not brilliant, but United were very poor.

Johnny Evans, out of his depth maybe...

will be interesting to see what happens in the next few games

Dr Jimmy
23-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Brilliant to watch, could have been 8. Get it tight up Ye ya glory hunting bassas!

HH81
23-10-2011, 03:08 PM
2-1 United.

Hope your ok. I couldn't see them winning ever. Oh well least it was only 6 (six).

DAVE1875
23-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Even if City won 10-0 until they win more titles than us they still forever be in our shadow

HH81
23-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Even if City won 10-0 until they win more titles than us they still forever be in our shadow

What about if they had won 11-0?

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Never really understood that? If Hibs won the league next season, would i give a toss if rangers or celtic had won it 20 times more?

There's only one shadow today in Manchester, and we all saw just who is in the shade.

johnrebus
23-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Great result for the Surrey Reds and the rest of their patronising,arrogant support.

The Cty fans have suffered for forty years and richly deserve their place in the sun.

Time to call it a day Fergie, yer time has passed.

:greengrin

TornadoHibby
23-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Never really understood that? If Hibs won the league next season, would i give a toss if rangers or celtic had won it 20 times more?

There's only one shadow today in Manchester, and we all saw just who is in the shade.

Comparing apples and oranges BH I think! :greengrin

You can't change history and one win doesn't render Man Utd's considerable supremacy over City null and void! :agree:

Whilst the City fans will inevitably feel that they have assumed the dominant position in Manchester, and they certainly have today, it is in the longer term that the position should be viewed if you are realistically claiming that City now have a better footballing history than Utd rather than that they have just won the first Derby at Old Trafford for some time, assuming that you and Halifax Hibs are not on the wind up! :wink: :greengrin

Northernhibee
23-10-2011, 03:25 PM
With the way the two teams splash the cash, I can't really take enjoyment for that.

It's like looking at 'the rich list', just hollow and depressing.

Give me Hibs anyday!

TornadoHibby
23-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Great result for the Surrey Reds and the rest of their patronising,arrogant support.

The Cty fans have suffered for forty years and richly deserve their place in the sun.

:hilarious :hahaha:

James70
23-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Let City have their moment of glory, their fans have had to take a lot of stick over the years and I'm sure they'll be having parties tonight and why not.

However they have a helluva lot of catching up to do to equal United's achievements over the years and today's result can only give the Reds a wake up call.

As we know all BIG teams get thrashed at home by their lowly neighbours on the odd occasion.

By the way when did Hibs last lose a home game by this sort of margin to any other side?

CB_NO3
23-10-2011, 03:30 PM
With the way the two teams splash the cash, I can't really take enjoyment for that.

It's like looking at 'the rich list', just hollow and depressing.

Give me Hibs anyday!
Well said mate. How any Hibby can be chuffed that a team with a £400 million jackpot are dominating is good. Have a look at your own club/league. Hypocrits.

lucky
23-10-2011, 03:31 PM

Got to be up there with one of the most stupid posts ever to appear on this board. Fergie has won the league 4 out of the last 5 years. He loses his first home league game in 18 months and you think he is passed it. Well Rebus your assessment is murder.

Barney McGrew
23-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Let City have their moment of glory, their fans have had to take a lot of stick over the years

There's a fair percentage of them have suddenly become City fans in the last few years though :wink:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Comparing apples and oranges BH I think! :greengrin

You can't change history and one win doesn't render Man Utd's considerable supremacy over City null and void! :agree:

Whilst the City fans will inevitably feel that they have assumed the dominant position in Manchester, and they certainly have today, it is in the longer term that the position should be viewed if you are realistically claiming that City now have a better footballing history than Utd rather than that they have just won the first Derby at Old Trafford for some time, assuming that you and Halifax Hibs are not on the wind up! :wink: :greengrin

To be perfectly honest, i dont give a toss really. :greengrin I have a couple of good mates who are city fans, and i have watched them over the years suffer. Its great to see them with a smile on their face these days, and couple that with most of the united fans i know down here are the most arrogant tossers you could care to meet.

These are the reasons i wanted city to win today, and want them to do well in the future. Although to be fair it all means nothing really compared to Hibs winning.

johnrebus
23-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Got to be up there with one of the most stupid posts ever to appear on this board. Fergie has won the league 4 out of the last 5 years. He loses his first home league game in 18 months and you think he is passed it. Well Rebus your assessment is murder.

Well done!

Hook line and sinker........,

PS

Go easy on the beer tonight. Yer bitter enough already.

HH81
23-10-2011, 03:50 PM

:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Northernhibee
23-10-2011, 03:54 PM
City are the new United. Any youngster who is clearly going to be big will go to City. Any big player can be unsettled at their club with a few choice compliments in an interview, then lavished with riches and transfer fees no club could turn down.

This game is another nail in the coffin for the modern game. You're not looking at a league table, it's just a glorified rich list.

TornadoHibby
23-10-2011, 04:07 PM
:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

My Grannie (God rest her soul) always told me that it's a very poor comic that laughs at his own jokes HH! :wink: :greengrin

Got nothing positive or nice to be doing this afternoon?! :greengrin

TornadoHibby
23-10-2011, 04:09 PM
City are the new United. Any youngster who is clearly going to be big will go to City. Any big player can be unsettled at their club with a few choice compliments in an interview, then lavished with riches and transfer fees no club could turn down.

This game is another nail in the coffin for the modern game. You're not looking at a league table, it's just a glorified rich list.

Fair point and that list will become an ever decreasing list in terms of solvent clubs that can compete for anything meaning that the game as we know will indeed eventually cease as you suggest! :confused:

We in Scotland are a bit ahead of the EPL in that regard IMO! :agree:

HH81
23-10-2011, 04:14 PM
My Grannie (God rest her soul) always told me that it's a very poor comic that laughs at his own jokes HH! :wink: :greengrin

Got nothing positive or nice to be doing this afternoon?! :greengrin

Yes I'm off to a wedding night doo soon. Nothing better to do just now though. :greengrin

Sodje_18
23-10-2011, 04:17 PM
4th Official: How much time should we add Sir Alex?

Sir Alex: Get that ****ing whistle blown!!!

PISTOL1875
23-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Lets get it right here Manure were well and truly horsed today.. Boaby Manc got his tactics spot on and thats what won City the game.

Johnny Evans is brutal and Rio Nerdinand should do himself a favour and just reitre..

A great day to be a Blue and that club got everything they deserved..

Nuitdelune
23-10-2011, 06:23 PM
All very well but still, Citybuyourwaytothetop, like all similar who have gone before, are excessively annoying. Great for their fans but it leaves a taste which I hope is not one of jealously on my part

Love the Green
23-10-2011, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=Nuitdelune;2955404]All very well but still, Citybuyourwaytothetop, like all similar who have gone before, are excessively annoying. Great for their fans but it leaves a taste which I hope is not one of jealously on my part[/QUOTE

Yes what a choker why not follow united and bring thro their own youngsters for nothin.
ROONEY ££££££££££
FERDINAND ££££££££££
BERBATOV £££££££££££
VIDIC £££££££££
EVRA ££££££££
YOUNG £££££££
SHERIGNHAM£££££££££
YORKE £££££££££££
COLE ££££££

CITY HAVE BBOUGHT PROVEN PLAYERS FOR YES OUTRAGOUS MONEY BUT UNITED HAVE PAID RIDICULOUS MONEY FOR BOYS WITH NO EPL EXPERIENCE.

keep the faith

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Hehe the City/Utd banter on here is funny as ******!

If you were a neutral and knew nothing about the EPL you would think that either City had just won the league or at least left Utd too far behind to win it.................if only! I love to see Utd getting beat of course I do but for people to suggest that the balance of power has shifted today is ****in :faf:. There will be lots of twists and turns in the EPL title race before it's over :agree:

PS Before the first smart erse brings it up, I KNOW it won't involve Liverpool :greengrin

yeezus.
23-10-2011, 07:14 PM
And so out come all the closet Manchester City fans. Wonder where they have been the last 10 years?

No Hibs fan can be accused of being a glory hunter that's for sure.

Love the Green
23-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Hehe the City/Utd banter on here is funny as ******!

If you were a neutral and knew nothing about the EPL you would think that either City had just won the league or at least left Utd too far behind to win it.................if only! I love to see Utd getting beat of course I do but for people to suggest that the balance of power has shifted today is ****in :faf:. There will be lots of twists and turns in the EPL title race before it's over :agree:

PS Before the first smart erse brings it up, I KNOW it won't involve Liverpool :greengrin

So the euphoria if we beat the dogs 6-1 would not be 100 times greater..if you favour city and have put up with all minure's success then can you not undestand city people giving them it tigjht, milking it for all city fans can.
Scouse it wont involve Liverpool

keep the faith:wink:

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2011, 07:27 PM
So the euphoria if we beat the dogs 6-1 would not be 100 times greater..if you favour city and have put up with all minure's success then can you not undestand city people giving them it tigjht, milking it for all city fans can.
Scouse it wont involve Liverpool

keep the faith:wink:

I ALREADY SAID THAT FFS!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2011, 07:30 PM
And so out come all the closet Manchester City fans. Wonder where they have been the last 10 years?

Really! Just watch the closets empty if Hibs get to a final. :greengrin

Don't kid yourself about closet fans they're everywhere. :agree:

Jonnyboy
23-10-2011, 07:48 PM

I consider myself a Man City fan and I've been hiding in my closet because for the last ten years they've been rotten. Now that they're not (rotten that is) I've ventured out of my closet to glory in the 6-1 trouncing of United. Seven goals in a local Derby - sounds familiar :greengrin

BTW I started supporting City when Colin Bell, Francis Lee, Joe Corrigan were in the team (younger readers may wish to consult their Dad/Granddad) :wink:

God Petrie
23-10-2011, 07:59 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/304275_10150337471004352_9212109351_8208918_190615 9206_n.jpg

Lucius Apuleius
23-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I consider myself a Man City fan and I've been hiding in my closet because for the last ten years they've been rotten. Now that they're not (rotten that is) I've ventured out of my closet to glory in the 6-1 trouncing of United. Seven goals in a local Derby - sounds familiar :greengrin

BTW I started supporting City when Colin Bell, Francis Lee, Joe Corrigan were in the team (younger readers may wish to consult their Dad/Granddad) :wink:

Ditto, though I would not say I support them anymore as I never go to see them.

lapsedhibee
23-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Ditto, though I would not say I support them anymore as I never go to see them.

I am Spartacus.

Lucius Apuleius
23-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I am Spartacus.

Ah well, Lucius was around before Spartacus.

--------
23-10-2011, 10:18 PM

I remember that team very well, John. Such a refreshing change when they won the League - cracking team, too.

And while I don't have an "English" team - supporting Hibs causes me more than enough grief without suffering when someone else's season goes pear-shaped down south - I tend to prefer to see Everton winning than Liverpool, West Ham/QPR winning rather than Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal, Sheffield United rather than Wednesday and so on, so I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the match this afternoon.

Lots and lots of torn-faced home fans - now they know how the rest of us feel most Saturdays in life. :greengrin

Pity Pat Crerand didn't have the testicular fortitude to come out and be interviewed with dear old Mike Summerbee and Tony Book. Two lovely old gentlemen of the game and part of that same side of the late 60's. (Not that much older than myself, I have to say...)

And wasn't it nice to see QPR screwing Chelsea.... :devil:

--------
23-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Ah well, Lucius was around before Spartacus.

No, Spartacus was dead long before Lucius Apuleius was born.

Spartacus lived from roughly 110 to 71 BC. He led a slave revolt that was suppressed with great ferocity by Marcus Licinius Crassus, the third man in the First Triumvirate which ruled Rome in the late 50's BC. The other two were Julius Caesar and Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus. JC killed the other two and then was killed himself by Brutus and Cassius among others. The ensuing Civil War ended with the establishment of the Empire under Augustus.

Lucius Apuleius lived from about 125 to 180 AD. He wrote a book called "The Golden Ass" which is the only complete novel in Latin to have survived to modern times.

You really should know all this, you know.... :rolleyes:

CFC
24-10-2011, 03:58 AM
So the euphoria if we beat the dogs 6-1 would not be 100 times greater..if you favour city and have put up with all minure's success then can you not undestand city people giving them it tigjht, milking it for all city fans can.Scouse it wont involve Liverpoolkeep the faith:wink:Trust me I wanted City to win but better to take it in stride than get all carried away by it imot. The season is not even in November yet - plenty of football still to be played.

Lucius Apuleius
24-10-2011, 08:02 AM

Spartacus lived from roughly 110 to 71 BC. He led a slave revolt that was suppressed with great ferocity by Marcus Licinius Crassus, the third man in the First Triumvirate which ruled Rome in the late 50's BC. The other two were Julius Caesar and Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus. JC killed the other two and then was killed himself by Brutus and Cassius among others. The ensuing Civil War ended with the establishment of the Empire under Augustus.

Lucius Apuleius lived from about 125 to 180 AD. He wrote a book called "The Golden Ass" which is the only complete novel in Latin to have survived to modern times.

I do mate, but thought you would be the only other person who would know that and wouldn't dob me in :greengrin

Keith_M
24-10-2011, 08:14 AM

Did you know them personally Doddie?

Keith_M
24-10-2011, 08:14 AM

Glory Hunting Bassa

:na na:

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Manchester Utd have set up a helpline for suicidal fans. 0161 616161

--------
24-10-2011, 10:40 AM
I do mate, but thought you would be the only other person who would know that and wouldn't dob me in :greengrin

Sorry. I can never resist the urge to share obscure and essentially useless information with the world.

Did you know them personally Doddie?

Not personally. But I could tell you things about old Julius that'd make your hair curl.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Whilst i wasnt bothered who won yesterday i thoroughly enjoyed the final outcome. The Edinburgh Man U Supporters Club mustve arranged an outing to Footlights yesterday as there were a silly amount of overly annoyed people there y'day.

PISTOL1875
24-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Whilst i wasnt bothered who won yesterday i thoroughly enjoyed the final outcome. The Edinburgh Man U Supporters Club mustve arranged an outing to Footlights yesterday as there were a silly amount of overly annoyed people there y'day.

If that is true , then I would've payed money to be in there and witness the mass suicide....

Jonnyboy
24-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Glory Hunting Bassa

:na na:

My favourite quote from the aftermath came from Noel Gallagher. When asked what he thought was the main difference he said "Fergie deciding to rest Howard Webb" :faf:

Jonnyboy
24-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I remember that team very well, John. Such a refreshing change when they won the League - cracking team, too.

And while I don't have an "English" team - supporting Hibs causes me more than enough grief without suffering when someone else's season goes pear-shaped down south - I tend to prefer to see Everton winning than Liverpool, West Ham/QPR winning rather than Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal, Sheffield United rather than Wednesday and so on, so I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the match this afternoon.

Lots and lots of torn-faced home fans - now they know how the rest of us feel most Saturdays in life. :greengrin

Pity Pat Crerand didn't have the testicular fortitude to come out and be interviewed with dear old Mike Summerbee and Tony Book. Two lovely old gentlemen of the game and part of that same side of the late 60's. (Not that much older than myself, I have to say...)

And wasn't it nice to see QPR screwing Chelsea.... :devil:

:agree: :greengrin

HH81
24-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Monday morning...

Mrs Ferguson:
Wake up Alex, its 7 already!!
Alex: What? Hey? How? ******* hell have they scored another one???"

----------------------------------------

There is a silver-lining for Man Utd fans. Turn their "19" scarves upside-down & they'll make ideal Christmas presents for City-supporting relatives!

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I thought fergie looked old at the weekend, although that result would have aged any Manu supporter/glory hunter/prawn sandwich eater. maybe it is about time he retired, not because of the result but mibbe they need a fresh injection of ideas. ferdinand is well past his sell by date for the EPL, could do a job at Hibs though.

southfieldhibby
25-10-2011, 11:25 AM

so you've always been a glory hunter then? :wink:

Decent team that one, they won the league in 68 iirc, but that was over-shadowed by some other football team winning something that year....