PDA

View Full Version : CC: 'We Have Too Many Training Ground Players'

Speedway
20-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Interesting read about how CC got stuck into the team after the Mothers game. Problem is...he signed 8 of them.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/his_boss_says_he_could_play_in_any_of_six_position s_but_david_wotherspoon_s_set_on_just_one_1_191813 0

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I love it when players tell us rangers and motherwell were never going to be easy games, can he tell me which ones will be?

ancient hibee
20-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Straight from the training ground

Traffic Cones 3 Hibs 0

3pm
20-10-2011, 05:57 PM

Traffic Cones 3 Hibs 0

You'll often get beat off teams who have better organisation, ability, pace and movement.

HibsMax
20-10-2011, 06:16 PM

Traffic Cones 3 Hibs 0

LOL. How did we keep the score so low?

Hibs Class
20-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Straight from the training groundTraffic Cones 3 Hibs 0 Orange *******!

Bostonhibby
20-10-2011, 07:11 PM
LOL. How did we keep the score so low?

Heard a couple of cones got sent of for time wasting or it would have been a rout.

Ferryhibby
20-10-2011, 07:21 PM
You know they all look good in training, this comment has been going around for years, its because they are playing against the same players the other teams are playing, same hopeless defence, same slow midfield

RIP
20-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Call me old fashioned but I thought it made sense that if every player played in the same position each week, there would be a better understanding of who was where during a game.

Is it any coincidence that our 2 periods of a settled first 11 (Famous Five and Tornadoes) were also our most successful?

IWasThere2016
20-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Interesting read about how CC got stuck into the team after the Mothers game. Problem is...he signed 8 of them.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/his_boss_says_he_could_play_in_any_of_six_position s_but_david_wotherspoon_s_set_on_just_one_1_191813 0

Too many doesn't 8 or all 11. IMHO, we need a settlled side to try and instill some form and confidence.

Hibs On Tour
20-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Call me old fashioned but I thought it made sense that if every player played in the same position each week, there would be a better understanding of who was where during a game.

Is it any coincidence that our 2 periods of a settled first 11 (Famous Five and Tornadoes) were also our most successful?

:agree: No ****ing rocket science is it? Probably find we played them in their best positions back then too.

Or am I being old-fashioned?... :confused:

nortonhibby
20-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I love it when players tell us rangers and motherwell were never going to be easy games, can he tell me which ones will be?

We have to take a step back and give CC More time lets see who is brought in in the Jan Transfer window and judge him after then.

Hibs Class
20-10-2011, 09:29 PM

It isn't coincidence, but we didn't have squads then. We had a settled first eleven with a (hugely talented) reserve team. In the absence of substitutes it was understood on a Monday that Saturday's team would be the first team, with the relevant reserve team member promoted in place of any first team member who was missing through injury.

monktonharp
20-10-2011, 10:53 PM
It isn't coincidence, but we didn't have squads then. We had a settled first eleven with a (hugely talented) reserve team. In the absence of substitutes it was understood on a Monday that Saturday's team would be the first team, with the relevant reserve team member promoted in place of any first team member who was missing through injury.yep,as you said. a sprinkling of edwards,o'rourke'crops, near the front,wi a backup of stanton ,blackley shades ,brownlie.could even live with a very poor goalie as we would always score mair than we loose,

but now,it's a bit of a lottery as to who is playing.cant remember the last time we had a settled team, over the period of the last 4 managers

Franck Stanton
20-10-2011, 11:16 PM
We have to take a step back and give CC More time lets see who is brought in in the Jan Transfer window and judge him after then.

Is that no' what we were saying at the end o' last season ? Lets give him until the start of the season, after he has had the opportunity to sign his own players. Well wake up mate, he has done and if anything we are now worse than when he took over. Now that is some feat as personally I was of the opinion then we couldn't get any worse, how wrong was I eh. Get him tae f now before it's too late.

Sunny1875
21-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Straight from the training groundTraffic Cones 3 Hibs 0Cones have a big support though see them hanging around all over the toon

Skanko79
21-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Our current crop of players give or take a couple are a complete shambles. managed by a complete shambles, who are run by a complete shambles. simple as that.

Hibs On Tour
21-10-2011, 11:15 AM
It isn't coincidence, but we didn't have squads then. We had a settled first eleven with a (hugely talented) reserve team. In the absence of substitutes it was understood on a Monday that Saturday's team would be the first team, with the relevant reserve team member promoted in place of any first team member who was missing through injury.

Ever since I was a lad, I've thought that this was the only approach that made any sense. To me, you have a squad only for the ability to cover for injuries [or loss of form] and to provide enough options on the bench to change a game around if needed. I've never thought the purpose of a squad was to create a pool of players for us to seemingly put them all in a hat and pick a first 11 out at random [including who plays where] - which is what appears to happen far too often...

HibsMax
21-10-2011, 02:25 PM

Is that no' what we were saying at the end o' last season ? Lets give him until the start of the season, after he has had the opportunity to sign his own players. Well wake up mate, he has done and if anything we are now worse than when he took over. Now that is some feat as personally I was of the opinion then we couldn't get any worse, how wrong was I eh. Get him tae f now before it's too late.

I believe nortonhibby was being sarcastic. :)

Many people, myself included, have said that CC needed time to create his own team and for that team to gel. Different people have different opinions on how long that should be. Most people are ready for him to be punted now. I said that I would give him until Christmas and I'm sticking to that. He doesn't need another transfer window (although the shambles in the summer surely affected the effectiveness of that particular window).

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 02:57 PM
I believe nortonhibby was being sarcastic. :)

Many people, myself included, have said that CC needed time to create his own team and for that team to gel. Different people have different opinions on how long that should be. Most people are ready for him to be punted now. I said that I would give him until Christmas and I'm sticking to that. He doesn't need another transfer window (although the shambles in the summer surely affected the effectiveness of that particular window).

I hope Shteve McLaren gets another job before xmas, we just might get an offer for clueless, and Petrie would then have a get out of jail card.

snooky
21-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Cones have a big support though see them hanging around all over the toon

Plastic Paddies

ancient hibee
21-10-2011, 06:11 PM
You're confused-Paddy Plastic is the goalie.

Bostonhibby
22-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Cones have a big support though see them hanging around all over the toon

:agree:Bloody pointy heids everywhere, glory hunters.