PDA

View Full Version : Yogi vs RP - Re-match

BEEJ
19-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Let battle commence. :rolleyes:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/hibs_have_to_stop_blaming_me_for_their_troubles_sa ys_hurt_hughes_1_1919624

WellingtonHibby
19-10-2011, 11:56 PM
"Nae **** ****s wi' the Tache and gits away wi it, ken?"

Northernhibee
19-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Much as Yogi can be a dickhead, he's right on this count.

CC's had long enough to show the green shoots of recovery.

We're now worse than ever before.

'tache - it's time to piss or get off the pot. CC is making a mockery of us - in which way are you going to use your influence?

Saorsa
20-10-2011, 12:13 AM
I found this bit quite amusing

Hughes has broken his silenceHughes and Silence?

When has he ever been silent? His gob has been open at every opportunity he's been on the TV or radio.

RickyS
20-10-2011, 12:54 AM
I found this bit quite amusing

Hughes and Silence?

When has he ever been silent? His gob has been open at every opportunity he's been on the TV or radio.

correct mate, in hind sight i would probably have rather kept Yogi but he deserved to be sacked and he should shut the **** up

anyway who is doing all the blaming he talks of?

Hibee_Dave
20-10-2011, 04:02 AM
I don't see Yogi's problem - Petrie stated that "the team exited two competitions before the change in management...." I don't think that's a dig at Yogi, it is quite simply the facts.

All that you can take from the article is that despite Yogi saying he has got over his sacking, he has not. He is still hurt by this and for some reason wants to clutch at straws to make it look as if he is hard done by. OF course he was a good player for us and there's no denying his passion for the club but he has to draw a line and just stop talking about us because his heart will always get in the way of his head.

Yogi, in your own words, "Let it go. Time's up." All these articles serve to do is highlight your own shortcomings. There are a few jobs out there and you allowing yourself to be in another article that ultimately reiterates that your time at Hibs ended poorly is just daft.

IWasThere2016
20-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Incoherent v Incompotent ding ding!

Yogi thinks he made Hibs money - WTF? His cup record was woeful as pointed out by RP. Attendences fell. The WORST home record EVER. The touchline antics. Talk of bust-ups/bullying players. And is he really trying to take credit for the sales of Jones and Fletcher?!?

Our decline is very evident from 2006/07 so it is not Yogi's fault but to be of the view he didn't contribute to the messs we are in is plainly deluded. He needs to shut the f up!

Petrie on the other hand is economical with the facts also. 'Strong cash balances' referred to in the accounts - my erse! A soft loan of £1.25m from the Holding Co was needed otherwise we'd have just 750k - or a few weeks operating cash and then we'd be totally skint. More cash injections could be needed as 11/12 will be worse. RP will then need to find another to blame. Somehow I doubt he'll acknowledge his own role in poor decisions of spending and appointments.

smurf
20-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Who appointed Hughes? In any other business environment if the appointment was deemed such a disaster the guy who appointed him would be crucified.

Part/Time Supporter
20-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Funny how he puts his name back in the papers when another SPL vacancy has cropped up.

Unfortunately for Yogi, Geoff Brown is remotely competent at appointing managers.

bawheid
20-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Who appointed Hughes? In any other business environment if the appointment was deemed such a disaster the guy who appointed him would be crucified.

This is the problem with appointing football managers though. Mixu, Hughes and Calderwood's appointments were generally met with positivity by the support, so I guess we should be crucifying each other too.

I happen to think Yogi is right here and the Petrie should stop trying to lay the blame for a catastrophic year on him. The fact of the matter is that in his only full season in charge, Hughes qualified the club for Europe. This was despite the sale of the club's two best players in the preceding close season.

Iain G
20-10-2011, 08:30 AM
If the man was any good at his job he'd be in work at the moment, he's not, he should keep his trap shut, he failed at Hibs, endof. :agree:

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:06 AM
This is the problem with appointing football managers though. Mixu, Hughes and Calderwood's appointments were generally met with positivity by the support, so I guess we should be crucifying each other too.

I happen to think Yogi is right here and the Petrie should stop trying to lay the blame for a catastrophic year on him. The fact of the matter is that in his only full season in charge, Hughes qualified the club for Europe. This was despite the sale of the club's two best players in the preceding close season.

Us supporters may well have opinions on potential management and players.

However, we don't have the opportunity to interview them and do due diligence on them....

The board can and presumably do. And are remunerated for doing so.

Comparing their accountability to that of the support is just daft.

Phil D. Rolls
20-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Mixu Paataleinen went away and learned a bit more about football management after his sacking. He didn't get involved in slanging matches and actually held his hands up and said that he is much better for the experience. He is now the manager of Finland.

Yogi has spent the last year whingeing and playing golf. Yogi doesn't have a job at the moment.

What's more, until he can own up and admit his mistakes at Hibs, I don't think anyone will offer him a job. It's not what you do wrong that counts, it's what you learn from it.

If Yogi can't learn his lesson, surely he is doomed to make the same mistakes again?

lucky
20-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Yogi talking about Hibs again, well no shock there. What Rodders said was we got knocked out two cups before CC took over--- fact. Where Rodders talked pish was when he said getting knocked out by Ayr in the Scottish was down to Yogis team. The reality most wanted Yogi as manager but he was a nightmare. He did well at the start but it fell away. He was the manager over our worst home record ever, he was the manager who seen us throw away a 6-2 lead. He was the manager who embarrassed the club with antic and the rubbish he spouted.

As for CC his team is actually worse than Yogis and should be sacked just like yogi was. Between the two of them they have wiped out the progress made by the club. Hibs now play in a cracking empty stadium and have wonderful training facilities for our cart horses to train at.

bawheid
20-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Us supporters may well have opinions on potential management and players.

However, we don't have the opportunity to interview them and do due diligence on them....

The board can and presumably do. And are remunerated for doing so.

Comparing their accountability to that of the support is just daft.

I don't think failing to carry out due dilligence is something you can accuse Hibs of in the past. They did their due dilligence on Brian Kennedy's bid for the club back in 1998. You'll recall that bid smurf, having been in favour of it. Fortunately for the club the bid was rejected.

My point is that appointing a football manager is hit and miss, and more often than not recently we've missed. However given Calderwood's success prior to coming to Hibs, and Mixu's success after leaving Hibs, I'm not convinced the problems are solely down to the manager.

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't think failing to carry out due dilligence is something you can accuse Hibs of in the past. They did their due dilligence on Brian Kennedy's bid for the club back in 1998. You'll recall that bid smurf, having been in favour of it. Fortunately for the club the bid was rejected.

My point is that appointing a football manager is hit and miss, and more often than not recently we've missed. However given Calderwood's success prior to coming to Hibs, and Mixu's success after leaving Hibs, I'm not convinced the problems are solely down to the manager.

Maybe in certain areas due diligence is less priority certainly looking at the at best characters and at worst chancers we appear to be recruiting... The most important person at a football club is the team manager but I'm not so sure that's a view shared by our board. Though I apologise I don't have the concrete proof you are looking for!

I'm sure we will disagree on this (let's be honest if I said black was white you would say it was grey..) but "Calderwood's success"? Have you spoken to any Notts Forest fans?

bawheid
20-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Maybe in certain areas due diligence is less priority certainly looking at the at best characters and at worst chancers we appear to be recruiting... The most important person at a football club is the team manager but I'm not so sure that's a view shared by our board. Though I apologise I don't have the concrete proof you are looking for!

I'm sure we will disagree on this (let's be honest if I said black was white you would say it was grey..) but "Calderwood's success"? Have you spoken to any Notts Forest fans?

I think the board recognise that the most important person at the club is the team manager.

Calderwood acheived promotion with three separate clubs. He was more successful than most of the managers we've employed recently.

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:55 AM
I think the board recognise that the most important person at the club is the team manager.

Calderwood acheived promotion with three separate clubs. He was more successful than most of the managers we've employed recently.

And Berti Vogts won Euro '96.

givescotlandfreedom
20-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Yogi's like a weirdo who got dumped by his bird and still follows her around and tries to harrass her new boyfriend. Get over it Yogi, you were crap!

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Yogi's like a weirdo who got dumped by his bird and still follows her around and tries to harrass her new boyfriend. Get over it Yogi, you were crap!

True but our board are as bad. Are they both in denial and want back together?!!

bawheid
20-10-2011, 09:59 AM
And Berti Vogts won Euro '96.

Exactly! Berti Vogts is a good coach. He's proven that over his career.

Berti Vogts got Scotland closer to qualifying for a major championships than any of his successors.

smurf
20-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Exactly! Berti Vogts is a good coach. He's proven that over his career.

Berti Vogts got Scotland closer to qualifying for a major championships than any of his successors.

New balls. Please...

IWasThere2016
20-10-2011, 10:07 AM

IIRC Kennedy put his money into Northampton Saints RFC - and they have done really well have they not?

bawheid
20-10-2011, 10:08 AM
New balls. Please...

The point is, both managers were successful previously. It doesn't guarantee success in the future though.

I've got to go just now smurf. I've got letters to write for my CEO. Damn this generic office working environment.

Maybe catch up again soon. :wink:

bawheid
20-10-2011, 10:08 AM
IIRC Kennedy put his money into Northampton Saints RFC - and they have done really well have they not?

He was always a rugby man. Ask Stockport County fans.

bawheid
20-10-2011, 10:12 AM
It was Sale Sharks. See here.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Why-Brian-Kennedy-and-Sale-Sharks-are-killing-Stockport-County-the-football-club-I-love-by-Oliver-Holt-article270857.html

Beefster
20-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm not Hughes' greatest fan and have criticised him in the past for things he has said. However, he's right this time. Time for everyone still at Hibs to start taking responsibility for what is going on - that includes Calderwood, the players, Rodders, Hyland and Son of Rodders.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 10:25 AM
When does this mess start to be the new managers fault, and not the previous incumbents Rod?:confused:

And remind me again, just who appointed these unworkable legacys? :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 10:29 AM
If the man was any good at his job he'd be in work at the moment, he's not, he should keep his trap shut, he failed at Hibs, endof. :agree:

Who, Hughes or Petrie? :confused:

Caversham Green
20-10-2011, 10:41 AM

:agree: Stockport County went into administration a couple of years ago, relegated to the Conference last year. Their manager was Jim Gannon btw.

Sale Sharks are doing good though.

givescotlandfreedom
20-10-2011, 10:51 AM

Mate of mine is and despises him.

IWasThere2016
20-10-2011, 10:53 AM
It was Sale Sharks. See here.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Why-Brian-Kennedy-and-Sale-Sharks-are-killing-Stockport-County-the-football-club-I-love-by-Oliver-Holt-article270857.html

Sale .. right enough :aok:

The memory ain't what it was :rolleyes:

MrSmith
20-10-2011, 10:59 AM
This whole new episode just saddens and disappoints me! It does nothing more than show how much the club - as a whole - has become nothing more than a sideshow missing the point of its existence!

For the first time I'm going to say how I feel: CC time to go - I so wanted his appointment to work for us but it has not and is not going to! Mr Petrie your time has come and gone and it is now time to retire! Yogi time to let it go.

Stevie Reid
20-10-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm not Hughes' greatest fan and have criticised him in the past for things he has said. However, he's right this time. Time for everyone still at Hibs to start taking responsibility for what is going on - that includes Calderwood, the players, Rodders, Hyland and Son of Rodders.

:agree:

To be blamed for a cup defeat that happened 3 months after he was sacked - a year after he was sacked - is bound to stick in his throat. Yogi had to go when he did, but the blame really has to stop.

Petrie's pathetic excuse making and selective use of statistics in the statement during the summer looked bad at the time, and gets worse with every passing defeat, and to try and blame the previous incumbent in the latest case is pathetic.

Let's play the selective game for a second here - CC's record prior to the 10 game period Petrie referenced was: -

P 17 W 2 D 3 L 12

His record since that 10 game period ended has been: -

P 18 W 3 D 5 L 10

Utterly, utterly appalling.

Northernhibee
20-10-2011, 11:58 AM
As much as Yogi is an arse, I'd love to hear the things he's not able to tell us unable someone pays the legal fees - I do think that it's quite probably a big part in what's stopping us being a successful football team.

Phil D. Rolls
20-10-2011, 12:59 PM

To be blamed for a cup defeat that happened 3 months after he was sacked - a year after he was sacked - is bound to stick in his throat. Yogi had to go when he did, but the blame really has to stop.

Petrie's pathetic excuse making and selective use of statistics in the statement during the summer looked bad at the time, and gets worse with every passing defeat, and to try and blame the previous incumbent in the latest case is pathetic.

Let's play the selective game for a second here - CC's record prior to the 10 game period Petrie referenced was: -

P 17 W 2 D 3 L 12

His record since that 10 game period ended has been: -

P 18 W 3 D 5 L 10

Utterly, utterly appalling.

I don't think Petrie would have bothered his backside about Yogi, if Hughes hadn't taken every opportunity he could to have a go at Hibs. As recently as last month, he was on the radio telling everybody it wasn't his fault.

Stevie Reid
20-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think Petrie would have bothered his backside about Yogi, if Hughes hadn't taken every opportunity he could to have a go at Hibs. As recently as last month, he was on the radio telling everybody it wasn't his fault.

Regardless, it's petty, pathetic nonsense that is entirely unnecessary given the position he is in. Yogi speaks a lot of ***** a lot of the time, no doubt - but Petrie should be above it.

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm with Northern and Beefster on this. Yogi was a half-good, half-terrible manager of one team. Calderwood is a completely terrible manager of two teams, the one he inherited and the one he's built. Punt him now please Rod.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 01:07 PM

What has Hughes said thats so bad since leaving?

Phil D. Rolls
20-10-2011, 01:17 PM
What has Hughes said thats so bad since leaving?

Just about everything, in that I think it is undignified for a former manager to be passing comment on things at the club. The main thing for me though, is the way he will not face up to the fact that he was a failure at Hibs. He keeps harping on about making it into Europe, personally I think he shouldn't draw too much attention to that, as what happened against Maribor was really the final straw for me.

He has to accept that we were playing very poorly when he left, and it was his inability to man manage the players that led to that run of results. Instead, he still has this opinion of himself that he is a great motivator.

I would just like him (or anybody) to explain what he meant when he said "football peiople know what's going on".

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Just about everything, in that I think it is undignified for a former manager to be passing comment on things at the club. The main thing for me though, is the way he will not face up to the fact that he was a failure at Hibs. He keeps harping on about making it into Europe, personally I think he shouldn't draw too much attention to that, as what happened against Maribor was really the final straw for me.

He has to accept that we were playing very poorly when he left, and it was his inability to man manage the players that led to that run of results. Instead, he still has this opinion of himself that he is a great motivator.

I would just like him (or anybody) to explain what he meant when he said "football peiople know what's going on".

I think you hear what you want to hear, i have heard and read interviews where he's admitted he got things wrong. He has said we were poor and playing poor when he left, and as for him thinking he's a great motivator, not heard that myself, but he's not going to talk himself down is he.

He is always going to talk himself up, and point out the good things he done. He does come out with how he took us to 4th, took us to europe. Is that any different to Petrie telling us we had a great February?

Lofarl
20-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I feel for Yogi. The guy loves Hibs, it was easy to see this by watching him on the touch line. CC on the other hand has the attitude that he would rather not be here. Would Yogi have done his wee bag of sweeties trick?

Petrie has shown himself to be a classless fandan over this whole sorry affair. I expect Hibs to conduct themselves in a far better manner. Attacking the legacy of the previous incumbent is something I expect to hear from the mouth of Vlad or the Bigot Bros. Not the chairman of Hibernian FC

But it probably was the correct decision to mutal consent Yogi at the time. But the guy did take us into Europe, something we will never see under CC. I think it's time Petrie mutual consented CC and himselve.

hibsbollah
20-10-2011, 02:00 PM
The likes of Kano and Yogi Hughes are rentagobs who make themselves and the club look ridiculous every time they elbow their way into the weedgie media limelight. Why can't the truly classy and intelligent ex-players like Sauzee or Beuzelin ever be asked to contribute their thoughts?

Kaiser1962
20-10-2011, 02:03 PM
As much as Yogi is an arse, I'd love to hear the things he's not able to tell us unable someone pays the legal fees - I do think that it's quite probably a big part in what's stopping us being a successful football team.

He should either shut the **** up or grow a set. He cant live forever saying that but for things he cant speak about he would have been great. He either mans up and tells all, and give Hibs a chance to respond because there will be two sides to this particular coin, or piss off.

Sick of hearing the clown, and his unemployed manager's union mates, bumping their gums for whoever pays them a fee. The talk plenty but say nothing.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 02:06 PM
The likes of Kano and Yogi Hughes are rentagobs who make themselves and the club look ridiculous every time they elbow their way into the weedgie media limelight. Why can't the truly classy and intelligent ex-players like Sauzee or Beuzelin ever be asked to contribute their thoughts?

Sauzee, are you being serious, he wont even return calls emails or pigeon post, and we all know why.
Petrie employed Hughes, what does that say about his judgement?

Hughes is always going to say he was harshly judged by Petrie, he gets paid by the BBC to comment on games and give his opinion. I have read nothing he's said thats so bad, would you expect him not to fight his corner?

Andy74
20-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I feel for Yogi. The guy loves Hibs, it was easy to see this by watching him on the touch line. CC on the other hand has the attitude that he would rather not be here. Would Yogi have done his wee bag of sweeties trick?

Petrie has shown himself to be a classless fandan over this whole sorry affair. I expect Hibs to conduct themselves in a far better manner. Attacking the legacy of the previous incumbent is something I expect to hear from the mouth of Vlad or the Bigot Bros. Not the chairman of Hibernian FC

But it probably was the correct decision to mutal consent Yogi at the time. But the guy did take us into Europe, something we will never see under CC. I think it's time Petrie mutual consented CC and himselve.

Indeed. We still have dozens of people on here every day having a go at Hughes and calling him a clown.

If these guys aren't letting it go why should he ?

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2011, 02:28 PM

Keep your offensive anti-Leith Francophille views to yourself, HB. Leith has more Michelin stars than Paris, more beautiful, sophisticated women, grander architecture, finer boulevards, and better pavement dancing.

Cropley10
20-10-2011, 02:31 PM

I often read this and I often think, football fans usually tend to get right behind the man appointed, being optimistic about his chances.

However looking at Caldo - there wasn't IIRC any sense that this was 'the guy' we needed before he signed. With Mixu and Yogi, there were people who'd suggested they'd be great, but there were many others who thought not. What all this proves is that - equally - we know nothing about appointing managers either!

Going forward we could worse than remember SAF's point of view - which is that, the most important man at the Football Club is the Manager...

Stevie Reid
20-10-2011, 03:11 PM

When we were flying and he was quite short odds for the Burnley job due to the Owen Coyle factor, Yogi immediately distanced himself from it and said that he had a job to do at Hibs.

I think you hear what you want to hear, i have heard and read interviews where he's admitted he got things wrong. He has said we were poor and playing poor when he left, and as for him thinking he's a great motivator, not heard that myself, but he's not going to talk himself down is he.

He is always going to talk himself up, and point out the good things he done. He does come out with how he took us to 4th, took us to europe. Is that any different to Petrie telling us we had a great February?

:top marks

Baader
20-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Petrie should be reminding himself who appointed Yogi and also the current incumbent who is undoubtedly worse.

Was it Yogi that knocked back money RP should have bitten hands off for Calderwood in the summer?

IWasThere2016
20-10-2011, 03:30 PM
When does this mess start to be the new managers fault, and not the previous incumbents Rod?:confused:

And remind me again, just who appointed these unworkable legacys? :rolleyes:

Its singular - Yogi.

However, RP is a contributor to our mess. As I stated above

"Our decline is very evident from 2006/07 so it is not Yogi's fault but to be of the view he didn't contribute to the mess we are in is plainly deluded .. (Post CC) RP will then need to find another to blame. Somehow I doubt he'll acknowledge his own role in poor decisions of spending and appointments"

Phil D. Rolls
20-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Fair comment, I've not studied his utterings too much, and I tend to only remember the stupid things he has said. I still don't rate him as a manager though.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Its singular - Yogi.
Aye you would say that.

However, RP is a contributor to our mess. As I stated above

"Our decline is very evident from 2006/07 so it is not Yogi's fault but to be of the view he didn't contribute to the mess we are in is plainly deluded .. (Post CC) RP will then need to find another to blame. Somehow I doubt he'll acknowledge his own role in poor decisions of spending and appointments"

Fair comment, I've not studied his utterings too much, and I tend to only remember the stupid things he has said. I still don't rate him as a manager though.

Me neither, but to ignore the good he did and concentrate on the bad times which a lot do. (i dont put you in that catergory FH) is just showing the few who never wanted him, wouldnt accept him even when he was doing well, up for what they really are.

BEEJ
20-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Indeed. We still have dozens of people on here every day having a go at Hughes and calling him a clown.

If these guys aren't letting it go why should he ?
:greengrin But that's your fault.

These comments are usually only in response to those on here who seem continually to want to harp on about how unfair the club was to Yogi and to talk up his managerial tenure at Hibs in some way by comparing it to CC's - like that somehow makes Hughes some kind of footballing genius.

IWasThere2016
20-10-2011, 05:12 PM

These comments are usually only in response to those on here who seem continually to want to harp on about how unfair the club was to Yogi and to talk up his managerial tenure at Hibs in some way by comparing it to CC's - like that somehow makes Hughes some kind of footballing genius.

:agree: If he been 'good' and we were in a stronger position he woulldnt have been punted. We weren't and he was punted. The same will go for CC soon if the wins/football doesn't improve pronto.

ancient hibee
20-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Keep your offensive anti-Leith Francophille views to yourself, HB. Leith has more Michelin stars than Paris, more beautiful, sophisticated women, grander architecture, finer boulevards, and better pavement dancing.

And more deluded nutters too.

hibsbollah
20-10-2011, 06:19 PM

It appears the drugs are better here as well:wink:

As a recent patron of both The Kitchin and The Best Kebab House I tend to agree with you regarding the EH7 cuisine.

Its not many towns where you and your wife can share a pleasant chat with a michelin-starred chef about how best to roast lamb with meadow hay in an Aga while wolfing down pigs head with langoustines and a nice Paul Jaboulet Rhone, and the following night dine on Best Kebab House roast tatties with kebab meat after 7 pints while pavement dancing outside the Harp and Castle.

Its just a shame the soccer punditry is so ganting.

Iain G
20-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Who, Hughes or Petrie? :confused:

The slavering, havering, golf playing, unemployable failed football manager that is John "Yogi" Hughes...

"Unemployable fitbaw managers ken whit's goin oan..." :agree:

nortonhibby
20-10-2011, 08:37 PM

unfortnatly i have to agree Yogi has been on the dole now for over a year i liked him as well but alas we must move on.
We have to trust in CC And BB I Dont like it but needs must we cant keep going forward with a new manager every 18 months.
It took Ferguson 3 years:flag:

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2011, 09:13 PM

As a recent patron of both The Kitchin and The Best Kebab House I tend to agree with you regarding the EH7 cuisine.

Its not many towns where you and your wife can share a pleasant chat with a michelin-starred chef about how best to roast lamb with meadow hay in an Aga while wolfing down pigs head with langoustines and a nice Paul Jaboulet Rhone, and the following night dine on Best Kebab House roast tatties with kebab meat after 7 pints while pavement dancing outside the Harp and Castle.

Its just a shame the soccer punditry is so ganting.

The drugs are definitely better, as evidenced by the constantly shifting location of the port. EH6, surely?

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2011, 09:14 PM
And more deluded nutters too.

Leave Gorgie out of this one, AH, we wouldn't want to go head-to-head with them on that category.

hibsbollah
20-10-2011, 09:34 PM
The drugs are definitely better, as evidenced by the constantly shifting location of the port. EH6, surely?

Postcode pedants ken whits gaun on :greengrin

Northernhibee
20-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Have also been to The Kitchin (and also had the pigs head) - once the current ER caterers contract is up, I suggest - nay - demand - that the board get The Kitchin in for the East Stand.

You'd probably not even notice a difference in the prices.

LaMotta
20-10-2011, 10:03 PM

and Petrie sounds like the bitter wench who publicly slates her ex boyfriend for being a crap ride, despite the fact that her new boyfriend is an even worse lover.

basehibby
20-10-2011, 10:07 PM
When we were flying and he was quite short odds for the Burnley job due to the Owen Coyle factor, Yogi immediately distanced himself from it and said that he had a job to do at Hibs.

:top marks

:agree: Very good point - I think Yogi's detractors should remember this when chucking out insulting comments about him. Maybe he did deserve the boot in the end but some of the things said by some about him have little to do with football and lack any kind of class whatsoever.

Kaiser1962
20-10-2011, 10:12 PM

Is it worth pointing out that both McLeish and Mowbray said something similar shortly before they left and it may simply mean that Yogi was never actually offered the job. :dunno:

basehibby
20-10-2011, 10:13 PM

Mind you - THAT's funny :tee hee:

smurf
20-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Is it worth pointing out that both McLeish and Mowbray said something similar shortly before they left and it may simply mean that Yogi was never actually offered the job. :dunno:

In fairness to both I think saying "shortly before" is stretching it a little...

Bishop Hibee
20-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Yogi should never have got near managing Hibs, Calderwood should never have got near managing Hibs. Petrie and presumably the rest of the board are the common denominators in appointing them both. Does anyone on here seriously believe Yogi will get another SPL job?

Yogi should keep his trap shut while Petrie should be planning his exit strategy whatever position we finish in the league.

Hibercelona
21-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Fans - Their job is to support the team through the good times and the bad. This can be done by attending matches, getting p**hed and singing non-stop for the 90 minute period.

The Board - Their job is to appoint the correct manager for the job and ensure that he gets the correct financial backing and motivational support.

The Manager - His job is to work with the players through out the week so he can carefully decide the appropriate line-up for the on coming weekend and come up with a plan that will work effectively against the side that the team are playing.

Why is this not happening?

Kaiser1962
21-10-2011, 07:22 AM
In fairness to both I think saying "shortly before" is stretching it a little...

Depends on your viewpoint. Mowbray had "unfinished business" when Ipswich came calling at the end of May, after season 2005-2006, he also signed another contract but when West Bromwich showed interest at the beginning of October he threw a bit of a huff when Rod initially knocked them back. Mowbray joined West Brom on 12th October, five months I suppose, but a mere 9 games, after his "unfinished business" statement.

Stevie Reid
21-10-2011, 08:23 AM

Not when we're comparing the situation to Calderwood's response to the job speculation.

Kaiser1962
21-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Not when we're comparing the situation to Calderwood's response to the job speculation.

Depends if you want the truth or you someone to blow smoke up your arse.

Am here as long as you want me" or "unfinished business" spring immediately to mind. It might even be worth folk researching Yogi's quotes when he signed for Celtic then revisiting some of the "bleeds" Hibs statements.

Stevie Reid
21-10-2011, 08:53 AM

Am here as long as you want me" or "unfinished business" spring immediately to mind. It might even be worth folk researching Yogi's quotes when he signed for Celtic then revisiting some of the "bleeds" Hibs statements.

All I was doing was comparing Hughes' statement in reaction to job speculation to Calderwood's statment. There's nothing more to it than that.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 08:57 AM
The slavering, havering, golf playing, unemployable failed football manager that is John "Yogi" Hughes...

"Unemployable fitbaw managers ken whit's goin oan..." :agree:

I wonder how he ever got a team like Falkirk to a cup final, and kept them in the SPL. And took Hibs to europe being such a failure? Seems to me he's had a very good playing career, plus a decent managerial career too, with 6 months very poor.

Stevie Reid
21-10-2011, 08:59 AM
I wonder how he ever got a team like Falkirk to a cup final, and kept them in the SPL. And took Hibs to europe being such a failure? Seems to me he's had a very good playing career, plus a decent managerial career too, with 6 months very poor.

Yogi's overall record: -

P 337 W 136 D 73 L 128

Kaiser1962
21-10-2011, 09:02 AM
All I was doing was comparing Hughes' statement in reaction to job speculation to Calderwood's statment. There's nothing more to it than that.

Which is fair enough and, in the interests of balance, while Calderwoods reaction was nonsense, it was honest nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless. Yogi on the other hand, like his predecessors, may have equally been spouting nonsense except that Yogi, Mowbray and Eck's nonsense was nonsense we wanted to hear so we rolled over for them, yet riled against Calderwood.

Brizo
21-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Great news that Yogi has broken his silence :thumbsup:

I was getting worried as he hasnt touted himself in the media for at least a week.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Yogi's overall record: -

P 337 W 136 D 73 L 128

Wish we had a manager now who wins more than he loses. Who was it that said that again?:greengrin

Stevie Reid
21-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Which is fair enough and, in the interests of balance, while Calderwoods reaction was nonsense, it was honest nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless. Yogi on the other hand, like his predecessors, may have equally been spouting nonsense except that Yogi, Mowbray and Eck's nonsense was nonsense we wanted to hear so we rolled over for them, yet riled against Calderwood.

All I ever try to be on this board is fair. I've mentioned before that McLeish and Mowbray's statements served a purpose at the time, which was to completely dismiss the speculation in one fell swoop, and allow everyone to concentrate on Hibs and enjoy where we were at the time - we benefitted from their clarity but could never realistically hold them to what they said forever. Similarly, Yogi's statement served the same purpose.

Whilst Calderwood may have been honest, his statement did not benefit us in any way - quite the opposite in fact. I didn't crucify CC for what he said at the time, but with every passing defeat, everything that he and Petrie have had to say about the managerial speculation looks more and more misguided.

BEEJ
21-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Whilst Calderwood may have been honest, his statement did not benefit us in any way - quite the opposite in fact. I didn't crucify CC for what he said at the time, but with every passing defeat, everything that he and Petrie have had to say about the managerial speculation looks more and more misguided.
:agree: Couldn't agree more.

RickyS

my brother grew up with him his mates and he insists Yogi was always a celtic fan.

blackpoolhibs
All I ever try to be on this board is fair. I've mentioned before that McLeish and Mowbray's statements served a purpose at the time, which was to completely dismiss the speculation in one fell swoop, and allow everyone to concentrate on Hibs and enjoy where we were at the time - we benefitted from their clarity but could never realistically hold them to what they said forever. Similarly, Yogi's statement served the same purpose.

100% spot on. A managers job amongst many things is to have everyone pushing in the same direction, even if its bollox. His non comittal only caused unrest, there's no denying it. And it was stupidity in the extreme to continue to do so all summer. What did he think it would do, galvanise the support?

Its become another thing to smack him over the head with, god knows we dont need to look far for them.

Stevie Reid
21-10-2011, 09:34 AM

my brother grew up with him his mates and he insists Yogi was always a celtic fan.

I'm pretty sure that Hughes made reference to the fact that he was initially a Celtic fan in one of his early interviews with the EN.

Andy74
21-10-2011, 10:43 AM

A quick look through any threads over the last few months will tell you that's rubbish.

The Hughes things is brought up in several threads a day by those obsessed with calling him a clown and blaming him for everything that's been up with the club recently.

Compared to that I mention him now and again. Generally, as BH has pointed out as well, to show up that those same people have not used the same criteria with the current guy.

I could mention him once a week and get told right away to get over it whilst there can be several threads having a go at him yet again and there's never any similar comment made.

BEEJ
21-10-2011, 11:41 AM
A quick look through any threads over the last few months will tell you that's rubbish.

The Hughes things is brought up in several threads a day by those obsessed with calling him a clown and blaming him for everything that's been up with the club recently.

Compared to that I mention him now and again.
Well, I don't read all the threads on here - possibly 70% of them.

So as I don't recognise the comments you describe appearing with anything like the frequency you suggest, I can only imagine that the Yogi character assassination brigade must feature prominently in the other 30% of threads.

Speedway
21-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Wish we had a manager now who wins more than he loses. Who was it that said that again?:greengrin

He did before he came to us.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 12:48 PM
He did before he came to us.

So why cant he do it with us? Is it because he has no funds, is he working with his hands tied behind his back, has he not been backed?

Speedway
21-10-2011, 01:19 PM
So why cant he do it with us? Is it because he has no funds, is he working with his hands tied behind his back, has he not been backed?

Dunno but Blobby and Mixu are another two examples of managers whose records nosedived at Hibs. Although it can be said that BW and MP were coming from smaller clubs whilst CC has come from a big club. Even Collins' record went south. He was unbeaten as a a manager, before he got the ER hotseat.

My questions are, why did a defender only sign one defender when we had no defenders?

Why was he keen to jump ship very quickly?

Why, if true, did he offer to resign twice in his first 4 months in charge?

So it's not why can't CC do it for us, why can't almost anyone do it for us?

matty_f
21-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Dunno but Blobby and Mixu are another two examples of managers whose records nosedived at Hibs. Although it can be said that BW and MP were coming from smaller clubs whilst CC has come from a big club. Even Collins' record went south. He was unbeaten as a a manager, before he got the ER hotseat.

My questions are, why did a defender only sign one defender when we had no defenders?

Did Blobby's or Mixu's records really nosedive at Hibs? Blobby took us to a cup final and although we weren't winning loads we were going through massive cutbacks at the club. Mixu got consecutive top 6 finishes after taking the club over from Collins. Their records and the perception of their records might not be quite the same, IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 01:35 PM

Blobby and Mixu Couldnt improve us, Mixu even said the job came to soon for him. As someone else said, blobby wanted to swap some of our best players for a big lump, although fair play for seeing we needed a decent centre half, then bringing in PC Murdoch.

I have no idea why he wanted to resign twice in the first 4 months, maybe he was tapped up earlier than we thought? And i saw what you did there with Collins. :greengrin

I have no idea just what happens behind the scenes, only what happens on the park. If someone can come up with any facts that our managers are being played like puppets by Petrie, then of course my opinion would differ.

Until such times, i will blame those i think have put that dross onto the park each week.

Stevie Reid
21-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Dunno but Blobby and Mixu are another two examples of managers whose records nosedived at Hibs

Did Blobby's or Mixu's records really nosedive at Hibs?

Not much in it with Williamson, and he won the Scottish Cup with Killie and took us to the League Cup final

Hibernian (http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1227)
25 Feb, 2002
20 Apr, 2004
P 93
W 34
D 21
L 38

Kilmarnock (http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1455)
07 Dec, 1996
25 Feb, 2002
P 243
W 89
D 67
L 87

Mixu's is here: -

Cowdenbeath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowdenbeath_F.C.)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland)
August 2005
21 October 2006
+49

TPS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turun_Palloseura)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bc/Flag_of_Finland.svg/22px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland)
October 2006
+16

Hibernian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland)
10 January 2008
24 May 2009
−6

Kilmarnock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilmarnock_F.C.)
23 June 2010
31 March 2011
+11

Mixu suffered one more defeat than Calderwood has, but managed us for 17 more games.

Stevie Reid
21-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Win percentages of all of our managers since Sauzee: -

Williamson - 37%

Mowbray - 48%

Collins - 43%

Mixu - 31%

Hughes - 35%

CC - 24%

Calderwood has already lost more games than Collins and Hughes, who both managed us for 9 games more than CC has - if CC won his next 9 games he would still be 3 wins behind Collins, and would be one ahead of Hughes.

Andy74
21-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Win percentages of all of our managers since Sauzee: -

Williamson - 37%

Mowbray - 48%

Collins - 43%

Mixu - 31%

Hughes - 35%

CC - 24%

Calderwood has already lost more games than Collins and Hughes, who both managed us for 9 games more than CC has - if CC won his next 9 games he would still be 3 wins behind Collins, and would be one ahead of Hughes.

CC also had games in the bottom six, most of which he lost.

His winless home run was significantly worse under all the cirumstances than the one we had when we limped to fourth. We lost games then to Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Dundee Utd I believe, not the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton.

IWasThere2016
21-10-2011, 05:03 PM
CC inherited Yogi's mess, and a team deflated by the WORST home record EVER!

FFS, he was pish - he has gone!

IF he wasnae pish he'd still be here!

He cannae get over it - HTF are grown men on here the same? :faf:

Kaiser1962
21-10-2011, 05:05 PM

You are Stevie. And usually realistic too. I am usually in agreement with most of your posts, even now I am not actually disagreeing with you I just find it a bit perturbing that we (as in Hibs supporters in general) would rather be told some meaningless drivel than receive an honest assessment. There's no right or wrong just a matter of personal preference.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 06:10 PM

I await your condemnation of the current incumbent, who's record its miles worse than the pish one he replaced.

Just when does this mess become Calderwoods fault, how long will you continue to blame Hughes even with 8 Calderwoods signings?

Saorsa
21-10-2011, 06:16 PM

I await your condemnation of the current incumbent, who's record its miles worse than the pish one he replaced.

Just when does this mess become Calderwoods fault, how long will you continue to blame Hughes even with 8 Calderwoods signings?I do love these arguments over Hughes and Calderwood, it's like arguing about what shade of brown http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies/turd4.gif is.

Hughes was pish, he got the bullet, Calderwood is pish and should have had the bullet, desperation from Petrie no tae be wrong again (too late for that IMO) is the reason he is still here. Petrie appointed both along with numerous other failings and he too should be gone. Time for a clean sweep starting at the top before the damage done by the current apathy is beyond repair.

3pm
21-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Who gives a flying f--- about either Hughes or Calderwood.

Both pish. The justification of either is ridiculous, some of the arguments for them both are shocking.

It's like having the choice of stinkers at 5 to 3 on a Sunday morning on George Street - you're going to choose one but you know you really shouldn't be going near either.

Get this current idiot out, get a decent gaffer in and let's move forward.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 06:25 PM
I do love these arguments over Hughes and Calderwood, it's like arguing about what shade of brown *****e is.

I do too, what i find really strange is how one of the most constant Hughes basher is so quiet regarding this one, the man he hung his coat, trousers and hat on, the man he couldn't wait to get in.

Thats what i find strange, and if you read the thread, and every other one, you don't really see anyone backing Hughes, just the inconsistency of those against the previous incombent?

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 06:27 PM

Both pish. The justification of either is ridiculous, some of the arguments for them both are shocking.

It's like having the choice of stinkers at 5 to 3 on a Sunday morning on George Street - you're going to choose one but you know you really shouldn't be going near either.

Again, who's arguing for Hughes? I'm certainly not, i wanted him out at the end.:confused:

IWasThere2016
21-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Just when does this mess become Calderwoods fault, how long will you continue to blame Hughes even with 8 Calderwoods signings?

When was it 8 a sides? I'll no be bubbling when CC goes .. Fact is he inherited a shambles. I doubt CC'll leave the same mess as Yogi nor will ne spouting pish about his failure at Hibs months and months later ala Hughes.

3pm
21-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Again, who's arguing for Hughes? I'm certainly not, i wanted him out at the end.:confused:

I never quoted you. Why do you think I am making my point to you?

Andy74
21-10-2011, 07:34 PM

You of course being the main grown man who hasn't gotten over this. Several times a day you feel the need to have a go at Hughes. Even from Florida recently!

Your statement about the worst home record is also rubbish. CCs was worse by any sensible measure.

Andy74
21-10-2011, 07:36 PM
When was it 8 a sides? I'll no be bubbling when CC goes .. Fact is he inherited a shambles. I doubt CC'll leave the same mess as Yogi nor will ne spouting pish about his failure at Hibs months and months later ala Hughes.

He has signed 14 players actually.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 08:03 PM

Apparently only 8 of his signings played last week, so I suppose its still yogis mess. And if clueless was sacked now, nobody in their right mind would say This is not worse than a year ago.

BEEJ
21-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I do love these arguments over Hughes and Calderwood, it's like arguing about what shade of brown http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies/turd4.gif is.

Hughes was pish, he got the bullet, Calderwood is pish and should have had the bullet, desperation from Petrie no tae be wrong again (too late for that IMO) is the reason he is still here.
:top marks In a nutshell.

Both pish.

Unless you want to include Phil Airey in the total (he came, he trained, he vanished) it is, strictly speaking, 13 signings. :nerd:

IWasThere2016
21-10-2011, 09:25 PM
You of course being the main grown man who hasn't gotten over this. Several times a day you feel the need to have a go at Hughes. Even from Florida recently!

Your statement about the worst home record is also rubbish. CCs was worse by any sensible measure.

A sensible measure that isn't a fact :faf:

IWasThere2016
21-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Apparently only 8 of his signings played last week, so I suppose its still yogis mess. And if clueless was sacked now, nobody in their right mind would say This is not worse than a year ago.

The FACT is it isn't. In the league or the cup :wink:

Check it oot - yer talkin' pish again.

nortonhibby
21-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Ageed for RP To be blaming Yogi a year after he left is a disgrace a blind man with a stick can see that CC Has not got a clue he is by far the worst of a bad bunch chosen by RP

nortonhibby
21-10-2011, 09:33 PM

BOTH HAVE NOT ONE A DERBY WE NEED TO GO BACK TO MIXU FOR OUR LAST WIN ITS A JOKE RP YOU ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS.:confused:

IWasThere2016
21-10-2011, 09:35 PM
I do love these arguments over Hughes and Calderwood, it's like arguing about what shade of brown http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies/turd4.gif is.

Hughes was pish, he got the bullet, Calderwood is pish and should have had the bullet, desperation from Petrie no tae be wrong again (too late for that IMO) is the reason he is still here. Petrie appointed both along with numerous other failings and he too should be gone. Time for a clean sweep starting at the top before the damage done by the current apathy is beyond repair.

The bullet is coming for CC unless some results drop oor way asap. RP must be worried/running out of faith - rightly so its not good enough. Not by some way. But the facts are the league/cup positions were worse this time last year.

Dashing Bob S
21-10-2011, 09:37 PM
and Petrie sounds like the bitter wench who publicly slates her ex boyfriend for being a crap ride, despite the fact that her new boyfriend is an even worse lover.

Leave Blackpool Hibs and my ex-Hun girlfriend out of this, if you please. The last few months have been difficult enough for us all.

MrSmith
21-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Leave Blackpool Hibs and my ex-Hun girlfriend out of this, if you please. The last few months have been difficult enough for us all.

We have been fatally compromised by an ex incumbent, sitting incumbent and director! I for one have had enough of this side show and want them all to GTF right now!

What a laughing stock we have become! You would think RP would have seen this by now and retired taking the sitting incumbent with him!

Enough now is more than enough period!

Get out the lot of you and take those so-called footballers with you!!!

nortonhibby
21-10-2011, 10:09 PM
We have been fatally compromised by an ex incumbent, sitting incumbent and director! I for one have had enough of this side show and want them all to GTF right now!

What a laughing stock we have become! You would think RP would have seen this by now and retired taking the sitting incumbent with him!

Enough now is more than enough period!

Get out the lot of you and take those so-called footballers with you!!!

good point but thats a lot of Taxis :taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi

MrSmith
21-10-2011, 10:13 PM
LOL, the more cabs I see leaving Easter Road, destination elsewhere the better!:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi

nortonhibby
21-10-2011, 10:20 PM
LOL, the more cabs I see leaving Easter Road, destination elsewhere the better!:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi

As long as RP And CC Are in them i for one wil be happy:taxi:taxidestination unknown

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 10:29 PM
The FACT is it isn't. In the league or the cup :wink:

Check it oot - yer talkin' pish again.

Aye you would know all about talking pish, come on genius, tell us all why Calderwoods the man, tell us just what you see in this quality manager, who's done such a fantastic job cleaning up the mess Yogi left?

I await another load of sheite, ignoring the question and you going off in a rant about Hughes.

IWasThere2016
21-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Aye you would know all about talking pish, come on genius, tell us all why Calderwoods the man, tell us just what you see in this quality manager, who's done such a fantastic job cleaning up the mess Yogi left?

I await another load of sheite, ignoring the question and you going off in a rant about Hughes.

:faf: The truth - in the form of the facts - clearly hurt.

Read ma post above again. I'm hardly saying CC's doing a 'fantastic job' - quite the oppposite in that its marginally better than last year and Yogi's failures therein.

RP will decide the manager's future - sadly, no one seems to bbe reviewing RP's failings and removing him from office!

Musselbound
22-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Hughes may not be the most popular Hibs manager but I'd imagine most fans at least know better than to blame him for what's been happening over a number of years. Hughes had a poor 2010 at Hibs but no way was his overall record anywhere near as bad as the incumbent who has had more than enough time to get things moving in the right direction and is failing miserably. The sooner Petrie, the common denominator over the shambles of the last few seasons, realises this and calls the taxi to pick up him and his man the better. If things carry on much longer as they are then the two of them might have to leave the ground Steve Paterson style.:taxi

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2011, 07:08 AM
:faf: The truth - in the form of the facts - clearly hurt.

Read ma post above again. I'm hardly saying CC's doing a 'fantastic job' - quite the oppposite in that its marginally better than last year and Yogi's failures therein.

RP will decide the manager's future - sadly, no one seems to bbe reviewing RP's failings and removing him from office!

i know you are not telling the world CC is doing a fantastic job, although you are hardly condemning the man like the last one though? and if we are talking about facts as you clearly like to. By quoting parts of hughes tenure, you are not telling the full story are you?

You may as well join forces with petrie with his fantastic february quote. Although yet again you miss the whole point. Nobody is arguing that Hughes deserved to go. Its the FACT you couldnt wait for him to get his jotters, even when we were doing well, remember that time, 3rd 2 points from 2nd. The best defensive record in Britain if i remember correctly?

Scant praise, one word well dones, but when we lost it was tirade after tirade, but now Calderwood needs some wins, Calderwood is slightly better than last year, again taking pieces of the mangers tenure, when over the piece he made 4th place, even after his teams bad form.

You cant give him credit for it can you?

Calderwoods February was superb, yet if i discount it, he has nearly as bad a record as Sauzee, see what i did there?

IWasThere2016
22-10-2011, 07:40 AM

i know you are not telling the world CC is doing a fantastic job, although you are hardly condemning the man like the last one though? and if we are talking about facts as you clearly like to. By quoting parts of hughes tenure, you are not telling the full story are you?

You may as well join forces with petrie with his fantastic february quote. Although yet again you miss the whole point. Nobody is arguing that Hughes deserved to go. Its the FACT you couldnt wait for him to get his jotters, even when we were doing well, remember that time, 3rd 2 points from 2nd. The best defensive record in Britain if i remember correctly?

Scant praise, one word well dones, but when we lost it was tirade after tirade, but now Calderwood needs some wins, Calderwood is slightly better than last year, again taking pieces of the mangers tenure, when over the piece he made 4th place, even after his teams bad form.

You cant give him credit for it can you?

Calderwoods February was superb, yet if i discount it, he has nearly as bad a record as Sauzee, see what i did there?

:faf: I've to tell you CC's doing a fantastic job - then you know I'm not saying so - you're the genius.

And of course I see what you're doing - IGNORING THE FACTS - which are we are better off under CC in 2011 than we were under the failed/unemployed/unemployable Yogi in 2010.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Again looking for dates that suit your agenda, anyone would think you were rod petrie. Yet even now when you compare your bile towards Hughes it was nothing compared to what you are giving calderwood now at comparable times.

IWasThere2016
22-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm looking at the facts - CC 2011 > Yogi 2010. Prove otherwise or move on please.

Saorsa
22-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Still arguing about shades of brown IMO.

IWasThere2016
22-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Still arguing about shades of brown IMO.

Really - ya havenae said :wink: :greengrin

Saorsa
22-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Really - ya havenae said :wink: :greengrin:greengrin

ScottB
22-10-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't think you can look at any period in isolation, so we can only come to the conclusion that on paper, at least in terms of results, Hughes was better than CC.

Though I have to say I'd rather have CC in charge than Hughes, but I don't think CC has shown that he should be in the job all that much longer. Frankly, he's out of excuses, it's his squad, he has an assistant now, he's had a year in the job. Time to put up or shut up, or rather, put up or p*ss off.

Though I would suspect that if we make it past Celtic in the Cup he'll get till Christmas at least.

nortonhibby
22-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't think you can look at any period in isolation, so we can only come to the conclusion that on paper, at least in terms of results, Hughes was better than CC.

Though I have to say I'd rather have CC in charge than Hughes, but I don't think CC has shown that he should be in the job all that much longer. Frankly, he's out of excuses, it's his squad, he has an assistant now, he's had a year in the job. Time to put up or shut up, or rather, put up or p*ss off.

Though I would suspect that if we make it past Celtic in the Cup he'll get till Christmas at least.

CC Has just extended his stay the pain will go on for longer he will now get money from RP In the next window to waste the taxi will not be there till after Feb next year till then in CC We have to trust