PDA

View Full Version : Derek McInnes

Billy Whizz
19-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Just appointed Manager of Bristol City. Managerial merry go round about to start!
Names
Jim Weir
John Hughes
Jimmy Calderwood

Anyone else

smurf
19-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Maybe time to get back in the sweeties shop CC.

eastmainsmsh
19-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Garry Bollan ,Brian Reid, but Paul Sheerin ticks the boxes

iwasthere1972
19-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Fjk

Billy Whizz
19-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Will FJK take Billy Brown with him?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Will FJK take Billy Brown with him?

:fishin::fishin:

offshorehibby
19-10-2011, 05:28 PM
My worry is that we might miss out on a gem of a manager like MO'N. St J have good record over the years of picking up good managers.

steakbake
19-10-2011, 05:37 PM
My worry is that we might miss out on a gem of a manager like MO'N. St J have good record over the years of picking up good managers.

They do indeed. How many have they had to sack v how many have been recognized by larger teams?

Our ratio is definitely not good.

They've had six managers since 1993. Shortest tenure was 1 year. I wonder what their secret is?

NYHibby
19-10-2011, 05:52 PM
They've had six managers since 1993. Shortest tenure was 1 year. I wonder what their secret is?

Lower expectations and spending half that time in the 1st division?

SteveHFC
19-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Rumour is that Billy Reid Is set to takeover.

steakbake
19-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Lower expectations and spending half that time in the 1st division?

I don't think much of that. If you asked your average super J's fan whether their expectations have been matched or exceeded, I wonder what they'd say?

I reckon they'd be pleased. The fact that two of their managers have recently gone on to 'higher' things then theyve done well. Only Mowbray has gone on recently. Hughes can't get a job!

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't think much of that. If you asked your average super J's fan whether their expectations have been matched or exceeded, I wonder what they'd say?

I reckon they'd be pleased. The fact that two of their managers have recently gone on to 'higher' things then theyve done well. Only Mowbray has gone on recently. Hughes can't get a job!

Typical of the usual uniformed nonsense that gets posted on this site. FYI I had him painting my bathroom last week. A a right good job he did too.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Typical of the usual uniformed nonsense that gets posted on this site. FYI I had him painting my bathroom last week. A a right good job he did too.

What! He never mentioned he done a bit of painting and decorating on the side when he was giving young scouse his elocution lesson last week! He could have multi tasked while he was at scouse mansions.

Bostonhibby
19-10-2011, 06:41 PM

Decorating folk ken what yer on aboot Bob.

SquashedFrogg
19-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Just appointed Manager of Bristol City. Managerial merry go round about to start!
Names
Jim Weir
John Hughes
Jimmy Calderwood

Anyone else

Yeah but in all seriousness, do you expect nobody on their list?

I'm sure it's good practice when appointing a manager to at least have a couple of potential candidates..

Hopefully they'll maybe try and tempt CC?

Dunbar Hibee
19-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Could somebody please post up the odds for new St J's manager if they are up yet.

Thanks

nortonhibby
19-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Seems the new man has been chosen there Chairman likes young Hungry managers with a good contact book of players down south dont think Yougi fits the criteria.

killie-hibby
19-10-2011, 09:51 PM
They do indeed. How many have they had to sack v how many have been recognized by larger teams?

Our ratio is definitely not good.

Its not a secret. Brown allows his manager to do what he is paid for, ie to manage St J.
For some time I have suspected that JC,MP,JH and now CC have been hampered, obstructed and undermined, by the elusive "something rotten" within Hibs FC. I can only assume that this "something rotten" is a teflon coated employee not very good at his own job, but survives due to having developed excellent communication skills with his line managers boss.
I have heard that this type of behaviour is endemic within business and industry.

Bayern Bru
19-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Pedantry alert, but didn't Hughes say that he'd decided he wanted to take time out from football?

Or was that the cover? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 10:57 AM

:faf: Quality as usual Bob. :top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-10-2011, 11:04 AM
[/B]What! He never mentioned he done a bit of painting and decorating on the side when he was giving young scouse his elocution lesson last week! He could have multi tasked while he was at scouse mansions. Was he trying to paper over the cracks?

steakbake
20-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah but in all seriousness, do you expect nobody on their list?

I'm sure it's good practice when appointing a manager to at least have a couple of potential candidates..

Hopefully they'll maybe try and tempt CC?

If I was a SuperJ's fan right now, I'd be sad to see McInnes leave but confident that the board will probably make the right appointment.

When CC leaves, I think I'll be worried about who they'll drag in instead.

Paul Sheerin (player manager at Arbroath) seems to be a popular choice with the Saints fans and a couple of others have mentioned John Collins.

Northernhibee
20-10-2011, 11:52 AM
If I was a SuperJ's fan right now, I'd be sad to see McInnes leave but confident that the board will probably make the right appointment.

When CC leaves, I think I'll be worried about who they'll drag in instead.

Paul Sheerin (player manager at Arbroath) seems to be a popular choice with the Saints fans and a couple of others have mentioned John Collins.

That'd be a pain in the arse - I'd have loved to have seen Sheerin replace CC. The kind of manager we need - first game in the second division and Arbroath win it 6-2 - he's clearly a talented man.

Thomson
20-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Just reading a post on facebook from https://www.facebook.com/GloryGloryToTheHibees saying that FJK looks set to bcome manager of saints and that if he does, BB is going with him due to a clause in his contract. Thoughts???

steakbake
20-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Just reading a post on facebook from https://www.facebook.com/GloryGloryToTheHibees saying that FJK looks set to bcome manager of saints and that if he does, BB is going with him due to a clause in his contract. Thoughts???

Apparently, Jody Morris is going to be caretaker manager while they look or is at least taking a bit of a step up. Rumours on twitter and his mates from Millwall/Chelsea congratulating him etc.

....and FJJ is way down the bookies' list.

Looking at how StJ have appointed in the past, they go for a young manager with contacts from playing days:

Coyle---->McInnes----->Sheerin?Morris?

Can you see FJJ fitting in if that is what they're after?

ScottB
20-10-2011, 12:54 PM

I can't imagine we'd appoint someone to a critical position, then give him a clause that could see him walk out the door at any point.

More likely BB has his eye on our hot seat than wandering off after Fat Jim again.