PDA

View Full Version : Akpo!

KWJ
19-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Think last seasons cult saviour deserves a crack at starting a match. Put him up alongside O'Connor against St.Mirren. He's scored against them and destroyed them on his debut.

A bit harsh that Agogo seems to be automatically picked ahead of him this season. He's started once and scored.

Stevie Reid
19-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Think last seasons cult saviour deserves a crack at starting a match. Put him up alongside O'Connor against St.Mirren. He's scored against them and destroyed them on his debut.

A bit harsh that Agogo seems to be automatically picked ahead of him this season. He's started once and scored.

Sodje had a decent debut against Saints but he didn't score and certainly didn't destroy them.

Is it you that didn't rate Craig Brewster during his time at Hibs btw?

hibee62
19-10-2011, 10:41 AM
This is probably the only place in the team where we are strong, Saturday was the first time this season that the forwards haven't delivered, and we can forgive them that.

O'Connor is on form, no more need said.
Agogo, I don't understand why he gets stick. Looks strong, works hard and battles away for his breaks, perfect foil for O'Connor if you ask me and certainly not the reason we are where we are.
Griffiths has shown flashes of good stuff but hasn't really had a chance to show what he can do fully yet
Sodje: his record last season speaks for itself

So, thats 4 good/great strikers. While Sodje should maybe be given more time from the bench, I do think our best starting pair is O'Connor and Agogo. Although at the same time I worry that Sodje will look for a move away in January if this continues...

Franck is God
19-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Sodje & O'Connor might make a good partnership but Agogo & O'Connor have already shown they work well together and the management will see them in training every day and I'm sure try all sorts of combinations in practice matches.

Saturday was the first game in a few where we have failed to test the opposition defence, conceding goals has been our problem more than scoring.

Shrekko
19-10-2011, 12:10 PM

I think the thing that probably gives Agogo the edge is that he's actually a football player. Your cult hero worship doesnt really matter too much.

Sodje didnt score on his debut either.

Don Giovanni
19-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Think last seasons cult saviour deserves a crack at starting a match. Put him up alongside O'Connor against St.Mirren. He's scored against them and destroyed them on his debut.A bit harsh that Agogo seems to be automatically picked ahead of him this season. He's started once and scored. Yep, I think thats a fair shout. He's not had a look-in this season and despite being... ahem... less than graceful... his record last year was very good and he can't be faulted for effort. (I dread to think were we would have finished without his goals). We drew a blank at home last time out (and to be fair to the strikers they never got much service) but the big guy deserves a chance IMO.

Dunbar Hibee
19-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Give me Sodje over Agogo any day of the week. Agogo is gantin'.:agree:

steakbake
19-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Give me Sodje over Agogo any day of the week. Agogo is gantin'.:agree:

Mental.

Agogo is hard working - lots of chasing down lost causes etc.

Stevie Reid
19-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Agogo and O'Connor's link up play has been one of the very few bright spots of the last few games - couldn't grudge Sodje a shot under the circumstances but would like to see GOC and JA's partnership develop further over the next few weeks IF we can get the midfield right.

Hibby 2005
19-10-2011, 01:13 PM
It's goals that count though and Agogo's ratio compared with Sodje's is poor.

Albion Hibs
19-10-2011, 01:20 PM
I feel sorry for Sodje, he did very well for us last year and I dont think we can argue with his goal scoring record. The difficult decision is who to drop, I think Agogo adds more all round to the team, but OConnor has a good ratio of goals for the season so far but as been poor in the last couple of games.

I would be inclined to start with the O'Co-go partnership and change if required. I would also be tempted to put Griffiths in for Scott on the right, a bit harsh on the guy as he is not a right winger, but I would still play him in front of Scott, an he at least has some ability to deliver a decent cross into the box, something we do not seem to have at the moment.

Stevie Reid
19-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I feel sorry for Sodje, he did very well for us last year and I dont think we can argue with his goal scoring record. The difficult decision is who to drop, I think Agogo adds more all round to the team, but OConnor has a good ratio of goals for the season so far but as been poor in the last couple of games.

I would be inclined to start with the O'Co-go partnership and change if required. I would also be tempted to put Griffiths in for Scott on the right, a bit harsh on the guy as he is not a right winger, but I would still play him in front of Scott, an he at least has some ability to deliver a decent cross into the box, something we do not seem to have at the moment.

Would agree with that, Scott just doesn't seem capable at SPL level - heard lots of good things about his set piece deliveries against Berwick, but haven't seen anything in the games I've watched.

Griffiths has pace and is apparently two footed, and could deliver on the right - and ultimately there is no point having him on loan if we are not going to play him.

Albion Hibs
19-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Would agree with that, Scott just doesn't seem capable at SPL level - heard lots of good things about his set piece deliveries against Berwick, but haven't seen anything in the games I've watched.

Griffiths has pace and is apparently two footed, and could deliver on the right - and ultimately there is no point having him on loan if we are not going to play him.

The one concern about playing Griffiths is our already soft midfield will be even smaller, especially if we start with Wotherspoon in the middle, which I think we should. We saw that Goodwin is more that capable of making Palsson disappear / control the midfield, and I would expect them to play with the usual one up front. Away from home to a team in form should we be considering going back to 1 up front and putting in an additional midfielder / a formation similar to Motherwell away where Griffiths and O'Conner took turns in dropping into the hole / midfield?

I think we may need to consider that, or bash it into O'Connors and Agogos heads that they need to drop in and help the team out, that coupled with chronic switching off/players not doing their jobs are our biggest problems at the moment IMO.

Dunbar Hibee
19-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Mental.

Agogo is hard working - lots of chasing down lost causes etc.

Sorry I just don't see it.

KWJ
20-10-2011, 03:33 AM
Sodje had a decent debut against Saints but he didn't score and certainly didn't destroy them.

Is it you that didn't rate Craig Brewster during his time at Hibs btw?

Heh it was indeed. I admit to having rose tinted glasses on when it comes to Sodje but I didn't say he scored against them on his debut just that he'd scored against them. He maybe did t destroy them but he was revolutionary to our side on his debut.