PDA

View Full Version : If Petrie was to leave?

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 09:29 PM
With him owning 10% i know its very unlikely, but if he did what would change?

matty_f
18-10-2011, 09:35 PM

I suppose it depends on who takes over and what standards they set, and how they go about setting them. We could get someone in that is very inspirational, that comes with a vision for the club that the fans and staff buy into, and so galvanizes the support and club.

We could equally get someone who is very similar to Petrie and remain a fairly conservative club.

I'd love to think that the former type of chairman (or chief exec, or whatever) is out there, and that STF had the ability to attract them to the club.

Liberal Hibby
18-10-2011, 09:39 PM
He doesn't own 10% of Hibs. He has 10% of HFC holdings in which Sir Tom Farmer owns the other 90%. HFC holdings own 98% of Hibs (the fan shareholders have the rest).

The likelihood is neither or both go - separating them would mean a private deal between the pair for a similar figure to purchase Petrie's shares.

I'd say to all the Petrie must go brigade - be careful what you wish for. There are far worse options out there.

matty_f
18-10-2011, 09:44 PM
He doesn't own 10% of Hibs. He has 10% of HFC holdings in which Sir Tom Farmer owns the other 90%. HFC holdings own 98% of Hibs (the fan shareholders have the rest).

The likelihood is neither or both go - separating them would mean a private deal between the pair for a similar figure to purchase Petrie's shares.

I'd say to all the Petrie must go brigade - be careful what you wish for. There are far worse options out there.

Equally there will be far better options out there, though...

Jonnyboy
18-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I suppose it depends on who takes over and what standards they set, and how they go about setting them. We could get someone in that is very inspirational, that comes with a vision for the club that the fans and staff buy into, and so galvanizes the support and club.

We could equally get someone who is very similar to Petrie and remain a fairly conservative club.

I'd love to think that the former type of chairman (or chief exec, or whatever) is out there, and that STF had the ability to attract them to the club.

Pat Nevin?

matty_f
18-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Pat Nevin?

Is he qualified to do it? Would he even come near it? I doubt it on both counts!:greengrin

Jonnyboy
18-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Is he qualified to do it? Would he even come near it? I doubt it on both counts!:greengrin

Q1 - Pretty sure he had that kinda gig at Motherwell in the past

Q2 - Probably not :greengrin

matty_f
18-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Q1 - Pretty sure he had that kinda gig at Motherwell in the past

Q2 - Probably not :greengrin
Think he was Chief Exec there but resigned when Boyle put the club into administration. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2011, 10:26 PM

The usual half a dozen tables in BTG would have no-one to laugh and joke with! :agree:

Kaiser1962
19-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Think he was Chief Exec there but resigned when Boyle put the club into administration. :agree:

He did such a good job there............

The Falcon
19-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Equally there will be far better options out there, though...

I'm sure there are. Football doesn't seem to be littered with them though.

matty_f
19-10-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm sure there are. Football doesn't seem to be littered with them though.

My point is that we shouldn't be afraid to consider change - it has as much chance of being positive as it has detrimental.

smurf
19-10-2011, 08:07 AM
My point is that we shouldn't be afraid to consider change - it has as much chance of being positive as it has detrimental.

There is a mentality within the support that without Sir Tom and Rod Petrie we would be dead within 5 mins in the big bad world...

Probably the 4th biggest club in Scotland... how do all the others do it...

bingo70
19-10-2011, 08:15 AM
There is a mentality within the support that without Sir Tom and Rod Petrie we would be dead within 5 mins in the big bad world...

I think if there was an alternative most fans would welcome them, however just now there doesn't appear to be anyone banging STF's door down so i personally find any chat about getting him and petrie out a bit pointless.

If there was an alternative then i'd be keen to hear it though as i'm quite open to the idea of change.

Kojock
19-10-2011, 09:31 AM
The usual half a dozen tables in BTG would have no-one to laugh and joke with! :agree:

If thats the level of your response no wonder RP and SL give you a body swerve. :rolleyes:

cocopops1875
19-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm no financial whizz but find it really weird that people think spending more is going to help/or having spent before means that we would not have lost 900grand ? Assuming we had spent big and found ourselves in the same position in the league how much would losses have been ? Rod runs a tight ship for the good of the club in my opinion losses this year are bad news but I feel sustainable. One example for the tight rod myth working for us would be barr the clamber to sign him the abuse the board got for failing to spend ,being beaten by hearts for wages , he's been great eh 6 grand a week well spent

Phil D. Rolls
19-10-2011, 12:57 PM
If Petrie were to leave, would it be on a jet plane? Answers on the back of a 1987 share issue prospectus. :greengrin

The Falcon
19-10-2011, 02:11 PM

I am not afraid of change but I also dont want to gamble recklessly. Football clubs now need someone who will more or less stand guarantor these days, and displays the means to do so. In the season before last 9 out of 12 SPL clubs lost money. Last season, given Hibs losses, I would guess it will be 10, perhaps 11 of the 12. 19 out of 22 English premier league clubs lost money.

If there's anyone prepared to pick up the bill I will be 100% behind them but, from where I am standing, I dont see a queue.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2011, 03:01 PM
If thats the level of your response no wonder RP and SL give you a body swerve. :rolleyes:

They don't :na na:

Captain Trips
19-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I dont know what would happen but its worth the I say risk but up against finishing 10th and as things are the risk is not that high IMO.