PDA

View Full Version : Response from the Board

Borderhibbie76
18-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Here's the not-so detailed reply I received from the board to an Email I sent in on Sat night. No wonder how club is in the mess it is currently...

Well, how refreshing that you are so interested in what the fans(the people who pay YOUR wages) have to say that all you can muster in response to my comments is this pathetic one-liner!!!

No wonder attendances are dropping like a stone and we have just posted our first financial loss in years!!!!

To say I am disgusted at your response would be a massive understatement, it certainly makes me wonder if I should continue to stump up my hard-earned cash to support a club that shows such little interest in it's support!!!

Hi
Thanks for your feedback. Your points are noted and thanks for taking the time to send them in.

Fife

Dear Mr Hyland,

I find myself typing this Email to you, just back from yet another hapless performance and yet another home defeat.

So, here we are in mid-October and ONE solitary point off the bottom of the SPL.

I was all for giving Colin Calderwood more time at the start of the season but come on enough is enough. The man clearly doesn't have a clue what his best line-up is, he constantly plays players out of their natural position and above all he has us playing a brand of football that would make your eyes bleed. Meanwhile the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Mirren, I am sure you will agree, much smaller clubs than us with a lower fanbase, are playing attractive exciting football.

I for one have had enough of spending my hard-earned cash every week to watch this absolute rubbish. £22 and yet the Motherwell goalie could have take the afternoon off, for all he had to do.

You asked us to stand up and be counted, well now it's your turn. For god's sake act now before it's too late, we are already down to crowds of 8500, does that not tell you something?

Mr Calderwood now has one of the WORST records of any Hibs manager, and his year in charge has been utterly miserable for everyone concerned. Probably even himself, as clearly he does not want to be here, his manner on the touchline every Sat tells me that.

As a board of directors, you made a massive mistake in the summer not accepting the compensation offered to let this clown go and you are now paying a heavy price for that mistake, as are we the paying public.

I really don't know how much longer I am prepared to stump up cash that I can ill afford in these difficult times to watch that rubbish week in week out...

You may have given us a lovely stadium and training complex, but for want of a better phrase, the team on the park are c##p!!!! And that is solely Mr Calderwood's responsibility. His record is appalling and in any other walk of like he would have been dismissed quite some time ago!!!

A very disgruntled fan
(Judging by today's attendance, 1 of 1000's)

shearer1981
18-10-2011, 07:23 PM
What a joke of a response from the board. I myself emailed them a few weeks ago.....read on

Dear David

Thanks for your email and your points are noted and some responses below:

Reducing ticket prices does not increase attendances. Even free tickets do not fill the stadium, as Green Day demonstrated last season. It does however, reduce revenue for the Club, and investment in the team. What does increase attendances is a winning and entertaining team, and that is what we are focused on building.

Working with Colin I can easily dispel any myths that he is engineering an exit from the Club, despite what the conspiracy theorists propound. We have never doubted his commitment or dedication to the job in hand, despite the unsettling summer, and Colin remains a thoughtful and intensely focused professional who wants to succeed in the game, and to think otherwise is ridiculous.

The Board address and interact with the supporters regularly as I thought you would know and understand – whether it is by email or on the phone daily, I am engaging with and listening to supporters. We recently ran an in-depth survey asking for supporter feedback; I wrote to all season and lapsed season members asking them for their views. Scott and myself are regularly on Hibernian TV providing updates. The Chairman, Scott, Jamie and myself are regularly in Behind the Goals on a Matchday. I doubt there is a Board in the SPL that is as accessible as we are, and as tuned in to supporter opinion. Meeting with any supporter, protester or otherwise is just part of an ongoing open door policy we already employ, it doesn’t take the threat of a protest for us to engage.

Thanks again for writing in and hope to see you at Motherwell tonight, supporting the team.

All the best

Fife

Fife Hyland | Managing Director
The Hibernian Football Club Limited
Easter Road Stadium,12 Albion Place,Edinburgh EH7 5QG
Phone +44 (0) 131 661 2159
Fax +44 (0) 131 659 6488
Website:www.hibernianfc.co.uk (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 19 September 2011 18:54
To: Board
Subject: Hibernian FC

Dear Sirs

I am writing to you to voice my concern over the clear negativity surrounding our football club. I have held a season ticket for 5 years in total on and off and have been a supporter since I was 5 (I am now 30). By my reckoning I haveinvested 5-8k in Hibernian through gate receipts, merchandise and other means. Whilst I have never assumed we would reach the dizzy heights of European football every year and I also admire the youth policy we have, I do feel the following issues need to be addressed immediately.

1. Entry prices - we currently have capacity to house 20,500 I believe. As it stands the average ticket is 20-something pounds. Our average attendance in the region of 9k per game. Would it surely not be worthwhile addressing the policy and giving the fans something back in terms of a reduction in costs until our fortunes get better? ER is fast becoming soul-less which leaves me emotionally drained given that the stadium had so much character in its day. I also believe a very apparent gap is opening between the board and the people who keep the club running. If this gesture was extended it would perhaps go someway to building a bridge. The board has hard and often unpopular decisions to make, for this you have my utmost respect though the fans will soon be demanding we 'sack the board'. I dont believe that should or will ever happen but can we do something about the relationship?

2. The Manager (CC). I recently met CC during a corporate day at ER and whilst he strikes me as a very pleasant, polite and professional fellow - I am concerned at how passive he is becoming with our fortunes. The question that strikes me during CC's frank critiques of the players failings is 'what have we progressed in under Colin's tenure? I am not asking this question of you though I do wonder if Colin would be comfortable answering. On paper I believe we have a very competent squad though perhaps a little short on experience. What is apparent though is that in practise, the squad falls very short of any permissible standard pertaining to our club. Our style is unimaginative and frightenedat best. At worst it is so below par that the fans simply do not wish to see it anymore.

3. Fans morale - The general consensus on forums seems to be that CC does not care anymore and is engineering his departure. Apparently CC wanted to go down south in the summer and this request was not granted. Whilst I dont believe a professional should ever do such a thing, we all know that football is strange game. Can I ask if the board is aware of this rumour and if so what should be done to address it? This surely cannot sit well with stakeholders of the club?? Can CC not address the media stating his desire to progress and set some targets for the season? HMFC's board make wild promises of SPL trophies and splitting the old firm - we have not yet been told what CC's objectives are. We must be aiming higher than fight for SPL survival.

If these issues are not addressed soon, I fear the 'long term view' you have for the club will be a void issue given that supporters in the short term have lost all interest and completely disillusioned by the club.

I therefore urge the board to please come forward and address the fans. Fyfe has stated that protestors will be met to discuss the clubs views and opinions...my question is...why are we waiting for a reaction to this? Why isnt the board pro-actively assisting the manager who clearly has your backing by appeasing fans and striking a dialogue with us??

I am a Hibs fan whether I like it or not... my father saw to that!! I love my club dearly and though defeats will inevitably happen, I feel we have for the most part been modestly successful. I now have a niece who wishes to come with our group to ER and we have said that this wont happen for the foreseeable. The negativity (in whatever form that is) is chasing people away...surely this cant continue.

My heartfelt thanks to you for all your efforts in an unenviable position. I trust that as responsible shareholders and SUPPORTERS of our grand old club, you will act accordingly.

Elephant Stone
18-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I got quite a detailed response the last time I emailed, it's not really fair to expect that they'll give a lengthy reply to everything. Hopefully their time is being spent making managerial inquires.

lucky
18-10-2011, 07:50 PM
I also got response and a phone call from Fyffe. Surely you can't expect respect when you describe the club manger as a clown in correspondence to the board. Constructive criticism always gets a better response than an out and out attack

HibsMax
18-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I also got response and a phone call from Fyffe. Surely you can't expect respect when you describe the club manger as a clown in correspondence to the board. Constructive criticism always gets a better response than an out and out attack

I would agree with that and I don't expect anyone from the club to spend time crafting replies to what could amount to 100s of complaints on a weekly basis? If you stick the boot in then don't expect a great response.

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2011, 07:55 PM

:agree: My thought exactly, I reply to many a complaint and if I had read that I would have thought the writer was a clown and binned it!

Just my opinon on the letter and not an attack on the poster before anyone goes off on one :greengrin

matty_f
18-10-2011, 07:56 PM
:agree: My thought exactly, I reply to many a complaint and if I had read that I would have thought the writer was a clown and binned it!

Just my opinon on the letter and not an attack on the poster before anyone goes off on one :greengrin

Your comments have been noted, thanks for writing in!:greengrin

shearer1981
18-10-2011, 08:12 PM
I hear the point on constructive criticism - I too was very conscious to keep my comments as diplomatic as I could - equally i dont want fife emailing all day - he has bigger fish to fry.

What I will say though is the board need to welcome feedback - I always accpt any I receive provided its constructive.

PaulSmith
18-10-2011, 08:21 PM
What a joke of a response from the board. I myself emailed them a few weeks ago.....read on

Dear David

Thanks for your email and your points are noted and some responses below:

Reducing ticket prices does not increase attendances. Even free tickets do not fill the stadium, as Green Day demonstrated last season. It does however, reduce revenue for the Club, and investment in the team. What does increase attendances is a winning and entertaining team, and that is what we are focused on building.

Working with Colin I can easily dispel any myths that he is engineering an exit from the Club, despite what the conspiracy theorists propound. We have never doubted his commitment or dedication to the job in hand, despite the unsettling summer, and Colin remains a thoughtful and intensely focused professional who wants to succeed in the game, and to think otherwise is ridiculous.

The Board address and interact with the supporters regularly as I thought you would know and understand – whether it is by email or on the phone daily, I am engaging with and listening to supporters. We recently ran an in-depth survey asking for supporter feedback; I wrote to all season and lapsed season members asking them for their views. Scott and myself are regularly on Hibernian TV providing updates. The Chairman, Scott, Jamie and myself are regularly in Behind the Goals on a Matchday. I doubt there is a Board in the SPL that is as accessible as we are, and as tuned in to supporter opinion. Meeting with any supporter, protester or otherwise is just part of an ongoing open door policy we already employ, it doesn’t take the threat of a protest for us to engage.

Thanks again for writing in and hope to see you at Motherwell tonight, supporting the team.

All the best

Fife
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, well. If ever there was a reason to sack a manager its this one. I challenge any of the Board members who read this to try and justify when and where the current manager has even attempted to put an entertaining team on the park.

matty_f
18-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Well, well. If ever there was a reason to sack a manager its this one. I challenge any of the Board members who read this to try and justify when and where the current manager has even attempted to put an entertaining team on the park.

I'm sure he's attempting to put an entertaining team out, it just appears to be outwith his capabilities.

shearer1981
18-10-2011, 08:32 PM
quite interesting to hear the views on fifes repsonse.

What would you all say is the percentage of Hibs fans who want CC oot?

RIP
18-10-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm more disappointed in the naivety of our supporters than the responses from management

Surely we can do better than email?

steakbake
18-10-2011, 11:29 PM
quite interesting to hear the views on fifes repsonse.

What would you all say is the percentage of Hibs fans who want CC oot?

Well there's a wee straw poll somewhere on here saying around 89-90%.

I'd be interested to hear what the players think.

steakbake
18-10-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm more disappointed in the naivety of our supporters than the responses from management

Surely we can do better than email?

A pie embargo, bovrilov cocktails and some harsh songs?

Personally, I think a petition, signing a very simple no-frills, no-demands statement of no confidence in the Chairman and Manager be handed in at the AGM on the 8th November would be the way to go.

I'll even throw in the wording for free:

We the undersigned have no confidence in the Chairman and Manager of Hibernian FC.

Print the sucker off (include large sections of the Calendar signing thread) and get someone to give it to the top table at the AGM. A thousand plus signatures ought to spell it out clearly enough. At the moment, it's just rage on websites and boos in the stands. When it's sitting in front of you in crayon with the scrawls of real people, it should make you wonder whether its worth carrying on the pretence that they know what they're doing...

You can set it up quite easily on a website like this: http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/

A few volunteers collecting real signatures over the next couple of home games is probably more impressive than circulating something that people can add to anonymously/electronically though if we're needing it by the AGM, an online one with a good number of signatures would do nicely.

In reality - how many signatures would be doing well? A couple of thousand I'd say, would be very good going.

This is all purely "for example" - I'm happy enough to bitch from my sofa because it's more comfortable and I don't have to do anything.

Apart from that, booing in the stands and refusing to buy merchandise.

tamig
19-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Here's the not-so detailed reply I received from the board to an Email I sent in on Sat night. No wonder how club is in the mess it is currently...

Well, how refreshing that you are so interested in what the fans(the people who pay YOUR wages) have to say that all you can muster in response to my comments is this pathetic one-liner!!!

No wonder attendances are dropping like a stone and we have just posted our first financial loss in years!!!!

To say I am disgusted at your response would be a massive understatement, it certainly makes me wonder if I should continue to stump up my hard-earned cash to support a club that shows such little interest in it's support!!!

Hi
Thanks for your feedback. Your points are noted and thanks for taking the time to send them in.

Fife

Dear Mr Hyland,

I find myself typing this Email to you, just back from yet another hapless performance and yet another home defeat.

So, here we are in mid-October and ONE solitary point off the bottom of the SPL.

I was all for giving Colin Calderwood more time at the start of the season but come on enough is enough. The man clearly doesn't have a clue what his best line-up is, he constantly plays players out of their natural position and above all he has us playing a brand of football that would make your eyes bleed. Meanwhile the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Mirren, I am sure you will agree, much smaller clubs than us with a lower fanbase, are playing attractive exciting football.

I for one have had enough of spending my hard-earned cash every week to watch this absolute rubbish. £22 and yet the Motherwell goalie could have take the afternoon off, for all he had to do.

You asked us to stand up and be counted, well now it's your turn. For god's sake act now before it's too late, we are already down to crowds of 8500, does that not tell you something?

Mr Calderwood now has one of the WORST records of any Hibs manager, and his year in charge has been utterly miserable for everyone concerned. Probably even himself, as clearly he does not want to be here, his manner on the touchline every Sat tells me that.

As a board of directors, you made a massive mistake in the summer not accepting the compensation offered to let this clown go and you are now paying a heavy price for that mistake, as are we the paying public.

I really don't know how much longer I am prepared to stump up cash that I can ill afford in these difficult times to watch that rubbish week in week out...

You may have given us a lovely stadium and training complex, but for want of a better phrase, the team on the park are c##p!!!! And that is solely Mr Calderwood's responsibility. His record is appalling and in any other walk of like he would have been dismissed quite some time ago!!!

A very disgruntled fan
(Judging by today's attendance, 1 of 1000's)

I read your post the other day and thought that this is the kind of response you'd get. You can't go spouting words like crap and calling people clowns and expect a measured reply from the club. A lesson learned perhaps?

IanM
19-10-2011, 07:26 AM
is this the email address club@hibernianfc.co.uk?

StevieC
19-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Well there's a wee straw poll somewhere on here saying around 89-90%.
I'd be interested to hear what the players think.

Polls need to be taken with a pinch of salt because supporters will ultimately base their opinion on results. How many rants did you see on the message board after the 5 game unbeaten run, the win against St Johnstone and 10 goals in 4 games?

What supporters dont see is what is going on at the training centre, how players are responding, what the manager is discussing with the board and whether general improvements are being made.

If a customer phoned me and told me to sack an engineer because he'd not done a very good job I sure as hell would do it based on their opinion, when I could see for myself how he was performing day in day out.

Supporters can rant as much as they want but it's the guys that can see what is happening on a daily basis that will be in the best position to decide what action needs to be taken.

Oh .. and I agree with the other poster .. if I received an email like the one in the OP I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wasted too much time putting together a response.

steakbake
19-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Polls need to be taken with a pinch of salt because supporters will ultimately base their opinion on results. How many rants did you see on the message board after the 5 game unbeaten run, the win against St Johnstone and 10 goals in 4 games?

What supporters dont see is what is going on at the training centre, how players are responding, what the manager is discussing with the board and whether general improvements are being made.

If a customer phoned me and told me to sack an engineer because he'd not done a very good job I sure as hell would do it based on their opinion, when I could see for myself how he was performing day in day out.

Supporters can rant as much as they want but it's the guys that can see what is happening on a daily basis that will be in the best position to decide what action needs to be taken.

Oh .. and I agree with the other poster .. if I received an email like the one in the OP I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wasted too much time putting together a response.

Fitba people ken whit's goin' oan.... :wink:

Yes - polls on h/net, the internet in general are totally unreliable. 89-90% of people who responded with a view about the situation... said CC should go.

I also agree - a ranting email sent to the board probably won't get far. General, measured comments about the entertainment on display from the perspective of a paying customer/mug are, I would say, fair game though a personal response is a nice touch and not necessarily something to be expected. On the one hand, customer engagement which seems to focus on things other than the dire performance on the field - the evidence that is staring us in the face - is one of my annoyances with the club, on the other hand clearly there is an attempt to ask questions and listen even if it is about a particular subject only.

I think the fans have got a right to be hacked off. Seeing your bit there about the five game run and a couple of good wins together is also about context and perspective. If I have a few bad days at work but over the piece, I'm a good employee, I wouldn't expect to be sacked for it. If I only have a few good days at work, in amongst generally poor performance then I think we both know what I would expect to happen...

StevieC
19-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Fitba people ken whit's goin' oan.... :wink:

I'm glad somebody does. :wink:

If I have a few bad days at work but over the piece, I'm a good employee, I wouldn't expect to be sacked for it. If I only have a few good days at work, in amongst generally poor performance then I think we both know what I would expect to happen...

But what if during the first six months of your employment you are unable to work to your full capability because you had to waste time tidying up the mess that the previous (sacked) employee left behind? :wink:

Hibs12thMan
19-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Anybody fancy meeting the club face to face to discuss our concerns?

Borderhibbie76
19-10-2011, 05:33 PM
In fairness looking back perhaps it wasn't wise to use the words "clown" and c##p", however I am angry at what is happening to the club I love and support and don't feel that passion is being shown by our manager, the board or the current playing staff. I also raised a number of valid points and concerns, none of which were answered...

Surely at this time you would expect our board to do everything possible to try and keep what's left of the fanbase on side???

Northernhibee
19-10-2011, 05:47 PM

Oh for ****s sakes, where are your standards for Hibernian football club?

DRAWING AGAINST TEAMS WE SHOULD BE BEATING IS NOTHING TO CELEBRATE, AND SCORING GOALS MEANS NOTHING IF YOU'RE CONCEDING AS MANY.

****s sakes, can we PLEASE look at what we were achieving just a handful of seasons ago and make a stand for where our football club SHOULD be?

steakbake
19-10-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm glad somebody does. :wink:

But what if during the first six months of your employment you are unable to work to your full capability because you had to waste time tidying up the mess that the previous (sacked) employee left behind? :wink:

Ok so from when CC came in, we can write off his first 6 months. Forgetting that there was a window halfway through that. So this year - finally - the team is his own and we can really judge him on his results from now!

No wait: we weren't ready and he wasn't sure over the summer, so let's start counting from after the January window... etc etc.

If a company hires me and the previous person has left a mess, they're paying me to use my expertise to get it fixed, not rely on it as an excuse in exchange for an easy ride.

The Modfather
19-10-2011, 05:57 PM

I sent a detailed email to the board (see below) last week. I like to think I was constructive and intelligent in my points. I got a response and called Fife. While it was good of him to take the time to speak to me, I was dissapointed in the conversation. I felt like I was an iritant, and that Fife went through the motions. I didn't feel any of my points were properly addressed, or that there was an effort to understand what would get me back.

I wasn't going to post my email, but as there is already a thread, ach, why not. Apologies for the length of it.

"Dear Hibs Board,

I haven't written to the club before, but I feel now is the time to raise what I feel are valid concerns, in what I hope is a constructive manner.

I am 25, and until two years ago had been a season ticket holder for 8 years. For those 8 years Hibs were a main part of my life, win lose or draw I would be at Easter Road, and wherever money permitting I would travel to away games. I feel it is important to try and portray some of the reasons why I decided not to renew after 8 years. It is fair to say that in my teens and early twenties I had more expendable cash and less commitments as I do now, and the older I have got the more my priorities in life have changed and Hibs have been displaced to certain degrees by the likes of family and property. However these are just factors, not the sole reasons. The money is of course important, especially at this time, but it is the time that matters more to me than the costs of football. For the last two seasons I had a season ticket I stopped enjoying going to Hibs matches, and come 5pm I'd feel I had wasted an afternoon that could have been better spent. I even stopped attending season ticket games. There was no fight in the team, no fitness, no organisation, nothing to relate to or get behind. That, not necessarily results, is what caused me not just to drift away, but to actually go as far as to feel much apathy towards Hibs. Which is where I am now. At first I felt guilty for not renewing, but as time has passed I have come to realise I have nothing to feel guilty about and I have no obligation to spend money on something I no longer enjoy or feel is far from value for money. An upturn in fortunes and results isn't the quick fix to get me back, what would get me back permanently is a complete transformation with a lot of aspects I'll cover below, but to start with the team being organised, fit and a feeling that win lose or draw they put a shift in worthy of earning their wage.

I feel I have some genuine points and that I should give you the chance to respond to, or even challenge.

I am not sure what the long term strategy of the board is. It is all very well saying success on the park, and qualification for Europe is the aim, but under Mowbray you were very happy to talk about "upward spirals" and even wrote a 5 year plan. Those 5 years are up now, I would like to see the points of a five year plan from now and how you plan to stop the "downward spiral" we are currently in. Personally, it feels like, to a large degree, you were happy to ride the crest of the Mowbray wave, but now all we get is sound bites, not a structured plan.

I would also like to know why we haven't taken the positive aspects of former managers and implemented them.

Collins - he hired a French fitness coach. The results of this being the fittest Hibs squad I have ever seen. We certainly gained extra point(s) simply through being fitter than the opposition and finishing games strongly.

Mixu - he had us organised, and hard to break down, particularly against the top 6.

Yogi - He had good contacts which allowed us to sign players of the calibre of Anthony Stokes and Liam Miller.

I appreciate each manager has his own way of doing things, however, that is, to me anyway, 3 universal points that are applicable regardless of who is in charge - fitness, organisation and scouting network. As a fan, it may not be as simple as applying aspects A, B and C. However, why have we not been as successful in these aspects after since each of these managers left? To me, these are 3 parts of the infrastructure are as important, if not more so, than a manager.

Do we not have budget for specific coaches, e.g. a fitness coach, a defensive coach etc? Is it down to the manager to hire what staff he wants? If so, can you not make a strong case to suggest these aspects would help the manager?
Why have no Hibs team been as fit as Collins team, which trained on public parks before the training centre?
Does the Hibs scouting network need revamped? I appreciate the loss of John Park was a big loss, but we have missed out on lots of quality players that were within our budget, particularly from the lower leagues - e.g. Robert Snodgrass, Graham Dorrans, Leigh Griffiths, Kevin McDonald, James McCarthy, James McArthur etc. Dundee Utd have done very well in recent years from the lower leagues, Mario Gomez, Danny Swanson, Prince Buaben, to name but a few. Under Mowbray you could see that the policy was to look at young players from a higher level who we could polish up and sell on, David Murphy, Dean Shiels etc. Currently we appear to be signing experienced players on shorter term contracts.

The last point I have is about the youth at Hibs. It is unreasonable to expect that we would see the same crop as the "golden generation" coming through at the same time, but we don't appear to be having the same success with youth as we were once renowned for. In recent season the likes of Booth, Wotherspoon and Hanlon have come through. All 3 are talented, and should be first team players for years to come, however, the progress of each has stalled, and in some cases started to regress. I don't want to point the finger at the likes of Calderwood, that is a different argument altogether, one of which I have made an effort to stay clear off as my points are about more than who the current manager may be. We have everything in place to be producing youngsters, and when they come through, the facilities to help them improve. I would be interested to hear how you feel the youth set up is doing, and the progressing of current first team players?

I hope I have come across in a constructive manner and appreciate you taking the time to read and respond. I have stayed clear of a lot of the current gripes by fans, the current management, finances, budgets, the player revolt/Collins etc. I have an opinion on these, but the point of this email is to discuss what I feel are more fundamental issues, rather than what are, in some cases, more knee jerk reactions.

Thank You,

Tam"

RIP
19-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Pretty sad that we are all happy to hide behind our keyboards but when offered the chance to talk face to face with the club we run for cover.

It's all very well writing letters, emails and petitions but they will be completeley ineffective in bringing about the changes we seek.

It's like our supporters genuinely do not care enough for the future of our football club to get off our lazy backsides and go the extra mile.

Pathetic!!:grr:

Albion Hibs
19-10-2011, 10:46 PM
I got quite a detailed response the last time I emailed, it's not really fair to expect that they'll give a lengthy reply to everything. Hopefully their time is being spent making managerial inquires.

Agreed I would hope they have bigger and better things to be doing than reply to everyone who is annoyed and has a hotmail account. I would suggest providing one reply opens the flood gates to an expectation that email users can become weekly pen "friends" with the board. I am sure they are more aware of the whole situation than the fans, and what they can and cant do in terms of "incentivising" people to be supporters.

Bayern Bru
19-10-2011, 10:48 PM
I too have sent an electronic mail message to the board and await a response.

Dear Mr Hibs.
I am so far up myself I thought I should e-mail you to point out your failings. While I have never run a football club I know that anyone with half a brain, I include myself in this number, can do so by reading glasgow based papers.
I also know how to manage better than Mr Manager at Hibs because I once read a Janet and John book.
So far this season attendances have fallen on average by two thousand compared to last seasons end. I feel I can speak on behalf of each and every one of these non attendees that the solitary reason they have turned their back on my club that you own is Mr Manager.
Every other club in the world has improved while we are in decline, a situation which cannot, must not and cannot be allowed to continue.
There is a law in Leithshire that no other club is allowed to score more goals than us in any game or even beat us never mind win.

I await a detailed response on the actions you intend to take to improve the present debacle.

PS
If you have sacked Mr Manager already, please feel free to use this in six months.

:top marks:greengrin

smurf
19-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Is this how our 500K board earn their crust? Replying to emails and returning calls to quite rightly p'd off supporters....

Tells me they've too much time on their hands.

matty_f
19-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Is this how our 500K board earn their crust? Replying to emails and returning calls to quite rightly p'd off supporters....

Tells me they've too much time on their hands.

:faf: You'd rather they ignored the emails and calls? You don't think this is how they're earning their crust, do you? This is something that they need to be doing at the moment, but it will be a very small part of what they are earning their money from.

nortonhibby
19-10-2011, 11:06 PM
:faf: You'd rather they ignored the emails and calls? You don't think this is how they're earning their crust, do you? This is something that they need to be doing at the moment, but it will be a very small part of what they are earning their money from.

not heard anything from RP Yet:confused:

matty_f
19-10-2011, 11:07 PM
not heard anything from RP Yet:confused:

Great. :aok: He's obviously got his hands full then...:rolleyes:

smurf
19-10-2011, 11:21 PM

Others should be doing it on their behalf given an outline of the response as happens at other clubs.

CC down south half the week.

The board too busy emailing supporters. No wonder we are the shambles we are.

In 2004 I emailed Rodders. His PA replied. Quite right...

The Harp Awakes
19-10-2011, 11:54 PM
I sent a detailed email to the board (see below) last week. I like to think I was constructive and intelligent in my points. I got a response and called Fife. While it was good of him to take the time to speak to me, I was dissapointed in the conversation. I felt like I was an iritant, and that Fife went through the motions. I didn't feel any of my points were properly addressed, or that there was an effort to understand what would get me back.

I wasn't going to post my email, but as there is already a thread, ach, why not. Apologies for the length of it.

"Dear Hibs Board,

I haven't written to the club before, but I feel now is the time to raise what I feel are valid concerns, in what I hope is a constructive manner.

I am 25, and until two years ago had been a season ticket holder for 8 years. For those 8 years Hibs were a main part of my life, win lose or draw I would be at Easter Road, and wherever money permitting I would travel to away games. I feel it is important to try and portray some of the reasons why I decided not to renew after 8 years. It is fair to say that in my teens and early twenties I had more expendable cash and less commitments as I do now, and the older I have got the more my priorities in life have changed and Hibs have been displaced to certain degrees by the likes of family and property. However these are just factors, not the sole reasons. The money is of course important, especially at this time, but it is the time that matters more to me than the costs of football. For the last two seasons I had a season ticket I stopped enjoying going to Hibs matches, and come 5pm I'd feel I had wasted an afternoon that could have been better spent. I even stopped attending season ticket games. There was no fight in the team, no fitness, no organisation, nothing to relate to or get behind. That, not necessarily results, is what caused me not just to drift away, but to actually go as far as to feel much apathy towards Hibs. Which is where I am now. At first I felt guilty for not renewing, but as time has passed I have come to realise I have nothing to feel guilty about and I have no obligation to spend money on something I no longer enjoy or feel is far from value for money. An upturn in fortunes and results isn't the quick fix to get me back, what would get me back permanently is a complete transformation with a lot of aspects I'll cover below, but to start with the team being organised, fit and a feeling that win lose or draw they put a shift in worthy of earning their wage.

I feel I have some genuine points and that I should give you the chance to respond to, or even challenge.

I am not sure what the long term strategy of the board is. It is all very well saying success on the park, and qualification for Europe is the aim, but under Mowbray you were very happy to talk about "upward spirals" and even wrote a 5 year plan. Those 5 years are up now, I would like to see the points of a five year plan from now and how you plan to stop the "downward spiral" we are currently in. Personally, it feels like, to a large degree, you were happy to ride the crest of the Mowbray wave, but now all we get is sound bites, not a structured plan.

I would also like to know why we haven't taken the positive aspects of former managers and implemented them.

Collins - he hired a French fitness coach. The results of this being the fittest Hibs squad I have ever seen. We certainly gained extra point(s) simply through being fitter than the opposition and finishing games strongly.

Mixu - he had us organised, and hard to break down, particularly against the top 6.

Yogi - He had good contacts which allowed us to sign players of the calibre of Anthony Stokes and Liam Miller.

I appreciate each manager has his own way of doing things, however, that is, to me anyway, 3 universal points that are applicable regardless of who is in charge - fitness, organisation and scouting network. As a fan, it may not be as simple as applying aspects A, B and C. However, why have we not been as successful in these aspects after since each of these managers left? To me, these are 3 parts of the infrastructure are as important, if not more so, than a manager.

Do we not have budget for specific coaches, e.g. a fitness coach, a defensive coach etc? Is it down to the manager to hire what staff he wants? If so, can you not make a strong case to suggest these aspects would help the manager?
Why have no Hibs team been as fit as Collins team, which trained on public parks before the training centre?
Does the Hibs scouting network need revamped? I appreciate the loss of John Park was a big loss, but we have missed out on lots of quality players that were within our budget, particularly from the lower leagues - e.g. Robert Snodgrass, Graham Dorrans, Leigh Griffiths, Kevin McDonald, James McCarthy, James McArthur etc. Dundee Utd have done very well in recent years from the lower leagues, Mario Gomez, Danny Swanson, Prince Buaben, to name but a few. Under Mowbray you could see that the policy was to look at young players from a higher level who we could polish up and sell on, David Murphy, Dean Shiels etc. Currently we appear to be signing experienced players on shorter term contracts.

The last point I have is about the youth at Hibs. It is unreasonable to expect that we would see the same crop as the "golden generation" coming through at the same time, but we don't appear to be having the same success with youth as we were once renowned for. In recent season the likes of Booth, Wotherspoon and Hanlon have come through. All 3 are talented, and should be first team players for years to come, however, the progress of each has stalled, and in some cases started to regress. I don't want to point the finger at the likes of Calderwood, that is a different argument altogether, one of which I have made an effort to stay clear off as my points are about more than who the current manager may be. We have everything in place to be producing youngsters, and when they come through, the facilities to help them improve. I would be interested to hear how you feel the youth set up is doing, and the progressing of current first team players?

I hope I have come across in a constructive manner and appreciate you taking the time to read and respond. I have stayed clear of a lot of the current gripes by fans, the current management, finances, budgets, the player revolt/Collins etc. I have an opinion on these, but the point of this email is to discuss what I feel are more fundamental issues, rather than what are, in some cases, more knee jerk reactions.

Thank You,

Tam"

Well done for writing a first class e-mail/letter. It deserves a comprehensive reply. It will be interesting to read the response.

Perspective
20-10-2011, 12:12 AM

"Dear Hibs Board,

Thank You,

Tam"

Great effort. Those are exactly the sort of well-constructed points that must be raised at the AGM.

I agree that the club is falling fell short in all the areas you mention and I also find myself feeling more and more disillusioned by the week.

The YouTube video 'rallying calls' certainly don't make me feel any better.

bawheid
20-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Others should be doing it on their behalf given an outline of the response as happens at other clubs.

CC down south half the week.

The board too busy emailing supporters. No wonder we are the shambles we are.

In 2004 I emailed Rodders. His PA replied. Quite right...

I have very little doubt that if our "£500k board" were not responding to supporters' complaints you'd be the very first in the queue to berate them for their "shameful / embarrassing / disgraceful / appalling / etc" disregard for the Hibernian fanbase.

A PA would not be capable of providing anything other than a basic couple of sentences. If PA's were replying to letters like those posted, there would be utter meltdown on here.

The Modfather
20-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Well done for writing a first class e-mail/letter. It deserves a comprehensive reply. It will be interesting to read the response.

I got a reply from Fife saying as I covered a lot of points it was probably easier to give me a call. We kept missing each other, but I spoke to him on Tuesday.

It ended up being a waste of time, he didn't address any of my points in any detail. Any point I made he, despite me making a concerted effort not to speak about specific matches, results or Calderwood, simply came back with examples from recent matches. e.g -

Youth/youngsters progression - "DW came on, in CM on Saturday. The team then looked much better"

Fitness/organisation - "East Mains, coaches coach during the week with a view to Saturday, not true we were fitter under Collins"

He came across as though I was an irritant. He didn't take any notice of the fact I was trying to stress that the dwindling support and rife apathy, was not solely down to results and would be dangerous to think so. Me being testament to that.

It was as though he was reading of a script. I was actually quite angry afterwards, I took the time to send an email and call him, I was constructive and intelligent in my points, and all I get is a "lets get this over and done with" call. He didn't once take any interest in how he could get me back.

In the end, it was a waste of both our time.

bawheid
20-10-2011, 08:54 AM
I got a reply from Fife saying as I covered a lot of points it was probably easier to give me a call. We kept missing each other, but I spoke to him on Tuesday.

It ended up being a waste of time, he didn't address any of my points in any detail. Any point I made he, despite me making a concerted effort not to speak about specific matches, results or Calderwood, simply came back with examples from recent matches. e.g -

Youth/youngsters progression - "DW came on, in CM on Saturday. The team then looked much better"

Fitness/organisation - "East Mains, coaches coach during the week with a view to Saturday, not true we were fitter under Collins"

He came across as though I was an irritant. He didn't take any notice of the fact I was trying to stress that the dwindling support and rife apathy, was not solely down to results and would be dangerous to think so. Me being testament to that.

It was as though he was reading of a script. I was actually quite angry afterwards, I took the time to send an email and call him, I was constructive and intelligent in my points, and all I get is a "lets get this over and done with" call. He didn't once take any interest in how he could get me back.

This is another example of just how disconnected the club has become from its supporters.

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:02 AM
I have very little doubt that if our "£500k board" were not responding to supporters' complaints you'd be the very first in the queue to berate them for their "shameful / embarrassing / disgraceful / appalling / etc" disregard for the Hibernian fanbase.

A PA would not be capable of providing anything other than a basic couple of sentences. If PA's were replying to letters like those posted, there would be utter meltdown on here.

You've obviously never worked in an office environment as revealed by your blissful ignorance of working practices in relation to official letters sent from executive management...

I'm not suggesting the executive shouldn't be involved in the responses, but I am suggesting that their time would be better spent rather than devoting hours, to personalised typed up by executive management replies.

No wonder Fyfe looked half asleep on that you tube video the other day. Too long typing responses... Maybe an easier way would just be to register and post on these messageboards.

Are we really saying we want six figure paid executive management spending a not insignificant part of their day replying to emails and returning calls of quite understandable upset supporters?

HKhibby
20-10-2011, 09:11 AM
yes club@hibernian (club@hibernianf)fc.co.uk is correct, i have emailed them so much over the last year or so!, i honestly dont think there is any point in emailing the board anymore! you only get the usual standard half hearted email reply anyway!, stating the same old thing anway, which is give the manager and his team time to Gel etc..! and also the same thing they say is always "yes we agree wth you that it is unacceptable to find Hibernian fc at the bottom of the spl or there abouts", i dont know if they dont care less or not, but it certainly looks like hat way to me! and yes we will have crowds of around 8/8.5000 soon if somethingisnt done about the present useless incumbent excuse for a manager!, maybe im wrong, but im not usually wrong when it comes to Hibs managers...hell ive seen so many over the years!, but this guy just seems so tactically inept! and emotionally detached from what ive heard recently both on line and on the net, as i dont live in the u.k., so as i say i wont be emailing them again in a hurry, i will be in Edinburh over xmas this year briefly and was thinking of trying to catch a game at ER if we are at home, but now i dont think il bother, unless they change thier minds with cc that is, because i cant imagine him turning things around big time between now and then, as i say i may be wrong!, we'll see!

bawheid
20-10-2011, 09:18 AM
You've obviously never worked in an office environment as revealed by your blissful ignorance of working practices in relation to official letters sent from executive management...

I'm not suggesting the executive shouldn't be involved in the responses, but I am suggesting that their time would be better spent rather than devoting hours, to personalised typed up by executive management replies.

No wonder Fyfe looked half asleep on that you tube video the other day. Too long typing responses... Maybe an easier way would just be to register and post on these messageboards.

Are we really saying we want six figure paid executive management spending a not insignificant part of their day replying to emails and returning calls of quite understandable upset supporters?

You have no idea how long is being spent on responding to supporters, so how you know they are "devoting hours" and that it's "not insignificant", I'm not quite sure. As usual, you're making stuff up. *cough Chris Hughton cough *

My view is that it's a good thing that the club's management try and engage with the fanbase in this way, and with their presence in BTG before matches. They'd attract far more criticism if they didn't. They don't always get it right though, and Right Said Frank's experience is concerning. The thing is though, while the team is performing so poorly, almost nothing they can say will make it any better.

As for the part in bold, you seem to have swapped tabloid hyperbole for patronising arrogance. You know nothing about my employment history so, quite frankly, **** off.

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:30 AM
You have no idea how long is being spent on responding to supporters, so how you know they are "devoting hours" and that it's "not insignificant", I'm not quite sure. As usual, you're making stuff up. *cough Chris Hughton cough *

My view is that it's a good thing that the club's management try and engage with the fanbase in this way, and with their presence in BTG before matches. They'd attract far more criticism if they didn't. They don't always get it right though, and Right Said Frank's experience is concerning. The thing is though, while the team is performing so poorly, almost nothing they can say will make it any better.

As for the part in bold, you seem to have swapped tabloid hyperbole for patronising arrogance. You know nothing about my employment history so, quite frankly, **** off.

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks, though I suspect not, but I recall Fyfe saying that a decent proportion of his day is spent replying to supporters mail.

All I'm saying is if so its a waste of his time and club resources if its *him* personally replying.

On that let's just agree to disagree.

"**** off"? Doesn't take much to provoke you does it? Enjoy your day.

Hainan Hibs
20-10-2011, 09:30 AM

:faf: Words could not do justice to how knobby this sounds.

Big Frank
20-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Bawheid, do you dislike Smurf?

Almost always you quote him and almost always you take the opposite stance to him?

just askin likes :greengrin

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:44 AM

It does.

But perhaps that Bawheid challenges every POV I ever have maybe just has something to do with it?

It was intended to be a bit of banter.

Something Bawheid doesn't appear to do....

bawheid
20-10-2011, 09:44 AM
"**** off"? Doesn't take much to provoke you does it? Enjoy your day.

Not normally. Someone acting the **** usually does it though.

:agree:

Bawheid, do you dislike Smurf?

Almost always you quote him and almost always you take the opposite stance to him?

just askin likes :greengrin

I don't dislike anyone Frank. Well, Gary MacKay at a push, but I give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to what must have been a terrible upbringing.

I disagree with a lot of what smurf says, that's all. I agreed with one of his posts yesterday though. :greengrin

bawheid
20-10-2011, 09:45 AM
It does.

But perhaps that Bawheid challenges every POV I ever have maybe just has something to do with it?

It was intended to be a bit of banter.

Something Bawheid doesn't appear to do....

Nah smurf, I can do banter with the best of them. Unfortunately, that ain't you and that wasn't banter.

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Nah smurf, I can do banter with the best of them. Unfortunately, that ain't you and that wasn't banter.

Aye as usual you are obviously right.

bawheid
20-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Aye as usual you are obviously right.

I agree 100% smurf. :greengrin

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I agree 100% smurf. :greengrin

Proof if ever it was needed that I'm just as capable talking Rafael Sheicht.

Big Frank
20-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Not normally. Someone acting the **** usually does it though.

:agree:

I don't dislike anyone Frank. Well, Gary MacKay at a push, but I give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to what must have been a terrible upbringing.

I disagree with a lot of what smurf says, that's all. I agreed with one of his posts yesterday though. :greengrin

:faf:

Anyhoo, Smurfs a good lad really :agree:, just remember loving the pet shop boys as he does, automatically renders his comments null and void :wink:

Beefster
20-10-2011, 10:28 AM

Slightly worrying that those in charge still don't appear to 'get it'. I wonder how much apathy has to set in before something clicks amongst them?

bawheid
20-10-2011, 10:29 AM
:faf:

Anyhoo, Smurfs a good lad really :agree:, just remember loving the pet shop boys as he does, automatically renders his comments null and void :wink:

It's a sin.

Cocaine&Caviar
20-10-2011, 10:31 AM
May I ask what email address these messages were sent to?

smurf
20-10-2011, 10:39 AM
It's a sin.

What have I done to deserve this?

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 10:44 AM
I agree that some of the replies we recieve from emails do look bad, also the phone call right said frank had also sounds bad.

Although i will speak up for the board on this occasion, as crap as it sounds, and as bland as it comes across, they cant come out and tell us just how bad it is. If they came out and said, yes, this if ****in awful, the manager wouldn't know tactics if they bit him on the nose.

They cant say we look shocking at the back, our midfield are a waste of time, and the crowd are a shower of tossers for booing the team.

Just think how we and the papers would crucify everything about the club if they did. They could water it down a bit, but the outcome would be exactly the same, and we all know that.

As daft as it sounds, the club/board/team all have to sound as if they are all singing from the same hymn sheet. I'd have thought that would have tested Petrie more than anything during sweetiegate.

These youtube clips imo show just how uncomfortable Fyfe is with the current situation, and thats with all the questions being vetted beforehand. Imagine how poor they will be at the AGM.

We as a support just have to hope they know what they are doing behind the scenes, and eventually they see sense at get rid, and put the right man in charge whoever that may be

Caversham Green
20-10-2011, 10:57 AM
I agree that some of the replies we recieve from emails do look bad, also the phone call right said frank had also sounds bad.

Although i will speak up for the board on this occasion, as crap as it sounds, and as bland as it comes across, they cant come out and tell us just how bad it is. If they came out and said, yes, this if ****in awful, the manager wouldn't know tactics if they bit him on the nose.

They cant say we look shocking at the back, our midfield are a waste of time, and the crowd are a shower of tossers for booing the team.

Just think how we and the papers would crucify everything about the club if they did. They could water it down a bit, but the outcome would be exactly the same, and we all know that.

As daft as it sounds, the club/board/team all have to sound as if they are all singing from the same hymn sheet. I'd have thought that would have tested Petrie more than anything during sweetiegate.

These youtube clips imo show just how uncomfortable Fyfe is with the current situation, and thats with all the questions being vetted beforehand. Imagine how poor they will be at the AGM.

We as a support just have to hope they know what they are doing behind the scenes, and eventually they see sense at get rid, and put the right man in charge whoever that may be

I agree with that in part, and I think a lot of Right Said Frank's comments were too detailed and technical to be addressed by FH - better directed at the manager - but what I really want is for one of the board to say that 10th place and the current position is 'Not Good Enough' and 'Unacceptable' rather than 'not where we want to be' and other bland pish. It's not a huge difference but it would least give the impression that they appreciate how bad things are in the eyes of the fans, because right now they come over as downright complacent.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I agree with that in part, and I think a lot of Right Said Frank's comments were too detailed and technical to be addressed by FH - better directed at the manager - but what I really want is for one of the board to say that 10th place and the current position is 'Not Good Enough' and 'Unacceptable' rather than 'not where we want to be' and other bland pish. It's not a huge difference but it would least give the impression that they appreciate how bad things are in the eyes of the fans, because right now they come over as downright complacent.

I cant remember which interview it was, but it is on the new Hibernian tv channel, Fyfe does say those very words if i'm not mistaken. Although at the end of the day its only words, us fans want results.

Caversham Green
20-10-2011, 11:09 AM
I cant remember which interview it was, but it is on the new Hibernian tv channel, Fyfe does say those very words if i'm not mistaken. Although at the end of the day its only words, us fans want results.

I must have missed that, because every interview I've seen I've been willing him or SL to say it. I don't think Fife comes over very well in the interviews (he looks and talks like someone I used to work with who was a complete r-sole so maybe I'm prejudiced) SL I think is better. I agree we want results, but using the right words would show that they are working towards getting those results rather than just waiting and hoping for them.

Speedway
20-10-2011, 11:14 AM
It's a sin.

Maybe Smurf should Go West

What have I done to deserve this?

Did you see me coming?

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 11:25 AM
I must have missed that, because every interview I've seen I've been willing him or SL to say it. I don't think Fife comes over very well in the interviews (he looks and talks like someone I used to work with who was a complete r-sole so maybe I'm prejudiced) SL I think is better. I agree we want results, but using the right words would show that they are working towards getting those results rather than just waiting and hoping for them.

I'm pretty sure he does say it CG, although i could be wrong? I disagree though about saying the right words, they could come out today and say we are all working together towards getting things right. It would still be what i'd have expected them to say, but would still mean the square root of nowt until results change.

Chairman and board members of any football club will always try and pull the wool over our eyes regarding any arguments they may have behind the scenes, they will always say they are pulling together. To do the opposite would cause chaos with us and in camp.

Speedway
20-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty sure he does say it CG, although i could be wrong? I disagree though about saying the right words, they could come out today and say we are all working together towards getting things right. It would still be what i'd have expected them to say, but would still mean the square root of nowt until results change.

Chairman and board members of any football club will always try and pull the wool over our eyes regarding any arguments they may have behind the scenes, they will always say they are pulling together. To do the opposite would cause chaos with us and in camp.

I would seriously like to invite Hibs.net to open a message board to all members with 10,000 posts and above. Those posters would be allowed to post questions about the club and have High-Five land log on here transparently and answer all of them rather than him having to send out emails to all and sundry.

Generally then, those with a bit of a clue would get some insight and a more informed supporter base would rise. To protect Fife Highlands, no-one would be able to abuse the lad or PM him but he could directly answer questions from concerned and influential (on here) punters.

That way, Wife's Nylon would get a good feel and we would at least be able to get our questions off our tits.

Perhaps other members of the Hibs board could also be invited if the pilot scheme was a success to take some of the burden away from Knife Inhand.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I would seriously like to invite Hibs.net to open a message board to all members with 10,000 posts and above. Those posters would be allowed to post questions about the club and have High-Five land log on here transparently and answer all of them rather than him having to send out emails to all and sundry.

Generally then, those with a bit of a clue would get some insight and a more informed supporter base would rise. To protect Fife Highlands, no-one would be able to abuse the lad or PM him but he could directly answer questions from concerned and influential (on here) punters.

That way, Wife's Nylon would get a good feel and we would at least be able to get our questions off our tits.

Perhaps other members of the Hibs board could also be invited if the pilot scheme was a success to take some of the burden away from Knife Inhand.

Why not 9000 posts. :wink:

Mikey
20-10-2011, 11:57 AM

Why not 28,500 posts :tee hee:

Caversham Green
20-10-2011, 12:03 PM

I'll have to

Caversham Green
I'll have to

Get my post

Caversham Green
Get my post

count up a bit

Caversham Green
20-10-2011, 12:04 PM
count up a bit

then.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Why not 28,500 posts :tee hee:

Give me 5 minutes. :wink:

R'Albin
20-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Pretty sad that we are all happy to hide behind our keyboards but when offered the chance to talk face to face with the club we run for cover.

It's all very well writing letters, emails and petitions but they will be completeley ineffective in bringing about the changes we seek.

It's like our supporters genuinely do not care enough for the future of our football club to get off our lazy backsides and go the extra mile.

Pathetic!!:grr:

What do you suggest they do?

Speedway
20-10-2011, 01:21 PM

Those between 9-10,000 posts are morons.

What do you suggest they do?

Go to Stryfe's office like he invites us all to, sock it to him and see what he pulls out.

smurf
20-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Maybe Smurf should Go West

Did you see me coming?

Don't know what you want but I can't give it anymore.

steakbake
20-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Don't know what you want but I can't give it anymore.

Please...:rolleyes:

smurf
20-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Please...:rolleyes:

Yes.

Cropley10
20-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Fyffe Highland's pre-season rallying call that Together We Are Stronger, omitted, intentionally or otherwise, any reference to the E word; E for Entertainment.

I'm not surprised at all that people are staying away or that we're in a complete mess. Talk is cheap but the reality is we have some very experienced, well-paid and remunerated people running this Club, who don't do anything whatsoever to dispel the impression that they know nothing at all about football (which is not the same thing as running a Football Club).

We are a Club who patently lack any sort of ambition - hiring and firing managers every year or so, a revolving door of players with less and less talent, but ultimately, at least for me, a complete lack of anything to actually go and watch. The current incumbent appears to have no redeeming features and is bereft of any of the positive qualities that either Collins, Mixu or Yogi had.

The biggest question needing answered is how to other Clubs with smaller everything (t/o, fanbase, stadium etc etc) manage to play better football than us; currently Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Mirren? If we can answer that then there's hope for us - but we're (part)owner-managed, despite what the business cards and organisational charts say and until CC and some others have gone it will just be more of the same, an ever decreasing, downward spiral.

RIP
20-10-2011, 08:11 PM
We have had a few invitations in recent weeks to sit down as a Supporters Group and face off with the Hibernian management. Not a soul has stepped forward. Forums in recent years have also been poorly attended. It's a sad sign but over recent years we seem to get the club we deserve rather than the one we want.

We complain about a lack of "playing for the jersey", a lack of passion, of organisation, of ideas. We say that the team lack belief. Yet as a group of supporters we are too lazy, indifferent or afraid to invest time to change anything. We spend hours of our lives posting on messageboards but never think of taking direct action that may turn things around.

Imagine if we had the Mercer situation in 2011 rather than back in 1990. There would have been no meetings - only messageboard posts. Rather than visiting Tom Farmer all he would get in 2011 is an email. Instead of a Hands Off Hibs campaign we would only have seen a Hands Off Hibs Internet Petition. Would that have saved us. I don't believe so.

smurf
20-10-2011, 08:21 PM
We have had a few invitations in recent weeks to sit down as a Supporters Group and face off with the Hibernian management. Not a soul has stepped forward. Forums in recent years have also been poorly attended. It's a sad sign but over recent years we seem to get the club we deserve rather than the one we want.

We complain about a lack of "playing for the jersey", a lack of passion, of organisation, of ideas. We say that the team lack belief. Yet as a group of supporters we are too lazy, indifferent or afraid to invest time to change anything. We spend hours of our lives posting on messageboards but never think of taking direct action that may turn things around.

Imagine if we had the Mercer situation in 2011 rather than back in 1990. There would have been no meetings - only messageboard posts. Rather than visiting Tom Farmer all he would get in 2011 is an email. Instead of a Hands Off Hibs campaign we would only have seen a Hands Off Hibs Internet Petition. Would that have saved us. I don't believe so.

Some truth in this I feel.

However, I think many of us have a perception of it all being a wasted pointless excercise of the club just going through the motions and not seriously listening to us....

I think in the main that this is an unfair perception in fairness.

Regardless there are not insignificant sections of the support that is apathetic towards the club management. There are no leaders at ER that the support feel that they can identify with.

The Manager in the summer compounded matters further against the backdrop of such poor performances and results.

Speedway
20-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Yes.

:greengrin very good.

smurf
20-10-2011, 09:28 PM
:greengrin very good.

Behaviour.

Beefster
21-10-2011, 06:47 AM
We have had a few invitations in recent weeks to sit down as a Supporters Group and face off with the Hibernian management. Not a soul has stepped forward.

Who is 'we' and what have 'they' done to encourage souls to step forward? I frequent Hibs.net most days and attend every home game (including BTG beforehand) and this is the first that I've heard of any invitation (beyond the focus groups promised soon).

Either way, don't we already have numerous existing supporters groups that could 'face off' with the management anyway? Isn't there a Supporters' Association, Shareholders' Association, 12th Man and Section 43?

Personally, I've attended focus groups before, written to Hibs, spoken to Hyland, Rodders and other employees at various points and publicly posted my criticisms/suggestions over the years. Many, many other fans have done the same. How much consultation do they need before they get the idea?

They've got supporters telling them how it is every single day/week and they still appear to be largely clueless. Apathy rising, football crap, catering crap, prices all round scandalous, crowds dropping, finances going downhill and absolutely no sign of improvement in any area. Hibs solution - "let's have yet another ****ing chat".

RIP
21-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Who is 'we' and what have 'they' done to encourage souls to step forward? I frequent Hibs.net most days and attend every home game (including BTG beforehand) and this is the first that I've heard of any invitation (beyond the focus groups promised soon).

Last season a dozen supporters met the club to discuss the formation of Hibs12thMan. Since then they have had substantial dialogue either face to face, by email or telephone regarding supporters initiatives e.g. Green Day, Tynecastle ticketing, flag storage cabinets, pre-match set list, anti-racism/bigotry tactics, Hibs Song Book and started dialogue on a community football tournament. They's recently been advertising on here and the Bounce for more supporters to step forward and get involved.

Either way, don't we already have numerous existing supporters groups that could 'face off' with the management anyway? Isn't there a Supporters' Association, Shareholders' Association, 12th Man and Section 43?

Out of the 4 groups you mentioned I only see one filling that space. In recent months Hibs12thMan has had informal contact with organisers of petitions, protest and anti-board campaigns seeking to unify the Hibs support in a dialogue for change.

It has been clarified with the HSA that their focus has to be on the effective running of the Hibs Club at Sunnyside and that they don't see themselves as an action group. Sect43 are mostly young lads up for flag-making, song-writing, marches and awaydays. Activists for atmosphere rather than change. Hibs12thMan talk to the club on their behalf. Shareholders are surely interested in financial performance and it's a once a year dialogue?

They've got supporters telling them how it is every single day/week and they still appear to be largely clueless. Apathy rising, football crap, catering crap, prices all round scandalous, crowds dropping, finances going downhill and absolutely no sign of improvement in any area. Hibs solution - "let's have yet another ****ing chat".

It's my belief that the club are very keen to listen. However the communication methods they are deploying are too scattergun e.g. AGM, answering emails, phoning, talking to fans on matchdays, YouTube, Hibs TV, Main website articles, emails to fans, letters from the manager. Hibs12thMan can fill that space by organising supporters to meet the club face to face. These meetings WILL NOT be a chat but instead will have agendas, minutes. Action plans will be put in place and progress tracked.

This is your opportunity to get involved in the running of your club

Speedway
21-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Weren't ERINhibs supposed to be an action group alongside supporting youth development?

Shrekko
21-10-2011, 02:49 PM
It's my belief that the club are very keen to listen. However the communication methods they are deploying are too scattergun e.g. AGM, answering emails, phoning, talking to fans on matchdays, YouTube, Hibs TV, Main website articles, emails to fans, letters from the manager. Hibs12thMan can fill that space by meeting the club direct. These meetings WILL NOT be a chat but instead will have agendas, minutes. Action plans will be put in place and progress tracked.

This is your opportunity to get involved in the running of your club

I don't see the club's approach as scattergun. There would be something seriously wrong if the club weren't using the mediums you mentioned. Are you seriously suggesting that all communication between the club and it's fans goes through your wee group of 'activists'?!! Erm... no thanks.

You're over complicating things. Why doesn't your group or one of the splinter groups (or whatever the set-up is) just concentrate on adding to the atmosphere at ER and building from there? From where I'm sitting that objective is not being met- the singing section looks like a dying breed and there's nothing new happening up there (you should maybe start dialogue with your Motherwell counterparts who seem to be making a better fist of it). You seem to be telling us you're doing everything when actually nothing is happening of any note.

All these supposed problems with the way the club is run never surface when the team is winning or at least entertaining. That is the bottom line.

RIP
21-10-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't see the club's approach as scattergun. There would be something seriously wrong if the club weren't using the mediums you mentioned.

But they are not effective. Communication without Consultation. Dialogue without conclusions. Questions with no answers. No action plan - no progress

Are you seriously suggesting that all communication between the club and it's fans goes through your wee group of 'activists'?!! Erm... no thanks.

An utterly ridiculous suggestion that you are making there - what planet are you on? It a relatively straightforward process to put together a representative group of supporters. The role of the "wee group of activists" as you call it would be to work behind the scenes to make it happen

You're over complicating things. Why doesn't your group or one of the splinter groups (or whatever the set-up is) just concentrate on adding to the atmosphere at ER and building from there?

Fairly simple set up mate. Hibs12thMan was set up on behalf of the whole support. That's been a constant since our inception last year. In Sect43 we now have more people to focus on the atmosphere within the Singing Section

From where I'm sitting that objective is not being met- the singing section looks like a dying breed and there's nothing new happening up there (you should maybe start dialogue with your Motherwell counterparts who seem to be making a better fist of it)

Good luck to the Lanarkshire Lads. Every team should have a group who support their team loud and long. We've had a good start, lost momentum but will recover. We've had 3 big displays but there's bigger and better on the way. We are building behind the scenes but yes it's been tough with the worst home record in Scotland this past year

There are bigger problems to tackle than singing right now

See above