PDA

View Full Version : How many tickets have we shifted for the Cup game?

3pm
18-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Anybody have a rough idea?

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Well i have the top up, but thats got as much chance of getting used as me winning slimmer of the year.

3pm
18-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Well i have the top up, but thats got as much chance of getting used as me winning slimmer of the year.

Who you giving it to? It's a tough one for you when you have two good mates on here like TQM and Albion Hibs. One will be disappointed but I am sure you'll make the right choice!

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Cup Top Up is the only reason I am going, I will not spend another penny on Hibs!

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Who you giving it to? It's a tough one for you when you have two good mates on here like TQM and Albion Hibs. One will be disappointed but I am sure you'll make the right choice!

Its a real conundrum, yet when you think long and hard about it, its very easy. One would be there on his own watching the team in the east of scotland league, and has a ticket i'd imagine. And the other would struggle to find easter road, and probably has shopping or golf. Saying that he might have hospitality, and wont need the ticket anyway?

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Its a real conundrum, yet when you think long and hard about it, its very easy. One would be there on his own watching the team in the east of scotland league, and has a ticket i'd imagine. And the other would struggle to find easter road, and probably has shopping or golf. Saying that he might have hospitality, and wont need the ticket anyway?

Give it to the one who would give you an objective match report of ALL of the players :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Give it to the one who would give you an objective match report of ALL of the players :wink:

That person already has it. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2011, 06:09 PM
That person already has it. :wink:

:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
18-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Given the growing apathy and the early kick off, it could be our one of our lowest ever home gates against Celtic. Other than cup top ups most supporters will settle for watching it on the box.

HibsMax
18-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Given the growing apathy and the early kick off, it could be our one of our lowest ever home gates against Celtic. Other than cup top ups most supporters will settle for watching it on the box.

Hibs should tell fans who come to the game to hold onto their ticket stubs because that will qualify them for 1/2 price tickets to the Scottish Cup Final next year. ;)

IWasThere2016
18-10-2011, 09:23 PM

Wrong again. I'll no even see it on the telly :grr:

That leaves it clear for Albion. There's always more love between you two anyway!

blairwallace
18-10-2011, 09:49 PM
is it not pay at the gate only? there's no way on the official website to buy them?

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2011, 09:55 PM
is it not pay at the gate only? there's no way on the official website to buy them?

Tickets advertised on the official site :agree:
Scottish Communities League Cup 4th Round
Hibernian v Celtic
Wednesday 26th October 2011
Easter Road Stadium
Home - Kick Off 7.15pm
Tickets will go on sale at 10am Thursday 29 September for Season Ticket Members to purchase their own seats until close of business on Wednesday 12 October 2011.
Any other available seat is on sale to supporters who have purchased tickets previously for a home fixture and are on the Hibernian Ticket Office Database.
All unsecured Season seats will then be released for sale at 9am Thursday 13 October.
Tickets can be purchased using the Hotline on 0844 844 1875 option 1 or online here (https://eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx)
Ticket Prices:
Adult: £20
Concessions: £10 (Under 18 & Students, 65 & over)
Disabled Supporters: (Please contact the Disabled Supporters' Helpline directly on 0131 656 7066, or visit the Hibernian Ticket Office/Club Store in person.)
Important Access Card Information
The Cup Top Up is included for all Season Ticket Members who purchased their Season seat before 1st April 2011 including those on our Payment Plan. You are asked to use your Season Card to enter the Stadium for this fixture. The Cards are already activated with the Cup game and will provide holders with entry. If you have any queries please contact the Ticket Office direct on 0844 844 1875 option 2.
Any Season Ticket Holder who wishes to purchase a ticket can do so by phoning 0844 844 1875 option 1.
Online (https://eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx) where you will be offered the following choice:
1. If you are purchasing your own seat your card will be activated and the game will be added to your Season Card which can then be used at the gates on the day. (No postage or collection necessary).
Or
2. If you are purchasing any other seat you will need to select collect or postage and you will receive a printed ticket which can then be posted out or collected from the Clubstore/Ticket Office.
Please note that Season Cards are not valid for this game unless you have a Cup Top Up, or you have purchased your own seat as above.

Sylar
18-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Makes no sense to have it as an all ticket affair and not PATG.

If the club thinks it'll sell out, being midweek, in the freezing cauld, being subjected an IRA love-in, featuring one of the worst Hibs teams of recent times, they're more deluded than Los Jambolinos.

Oh, and it's on the TV for those left with a morbid curiosity.

Hibs Class
18-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Tickets advertised on the official site :agree:
Scottish Communities League Cup 4th Round
Hibernian v Celtic
Wednesday 26th October 2011
Easter Road Stadium
Home - Kick Off 7.15pm
Tickets will go on sale at 10am Thursday 29 September for Season Ticket Members to purchase their own seats until close of business on Wednesday 12 October 2011.
Any other available seat is on sale to supporters who have purchased tickets previously for a home fixture and are on the Hibernian Ticket Office Database.
All unsecured Season seats will then be released for sale at 9am Thursday 13 October.
Tickets can be purchased using the Hotline on 0844 844 1875 option 1 or online here (https://eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx)
Ticket Prices:
Adult: £20
Concessions: £10 (Under 18 & Students, 65 & over)
Disabled Supporters: (Please contact the Disabled Supporters' Helpline directly on 0131 656 7066, or visit the Hibernian Ticket Office/Club Store in person.)
Important Access Card Information
The Cup Top Up is included for all Season Ticket Members who purchased their Season seat before 1st April 2011 including those on our Payment Plan. You are asked to use your Season Card to enter the Stadium for this fixture. The Cards are already activated with the Cup game and will provide holders with entry. If you have any queries please contact the Ticket Office direct on 0844 844 1875 option 2.
Any Season Ticket Holder who wishes to purchase a ticket can do so by phoning 0844 844 1875 option 1.
Online (https://eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx) where you will be offered the following choice:
1. If you are purchasing your own seat your card will be activated and the game will be added to your Season Card which can then be used at the gates on the day. (No postage or collection necessary).
Or
2. If you are purchasing any other seat you will need to select collect or postage and you will receive a printed ticket which can then be posted out or collected from the Clubstore/Ticket Office.
Please note that Season Cards are not valid for this game unless you have a Cup Top Up, or you have purchased your own seat as above.

Makes no sense to have it as an all ticket affair and not PATG.

If the club thinks it'll sell out, being midweek, on the tele and featuring one of the worst teams of recent times, they're more deluded than Los Jambolinos.

Are decisions about games being all ticket taken by the club or by the police?

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2011, 10:10 PM

I don't think it is all ticket, all home games are advertised on the official site in a similar fashion but there are always cash gates as well. Unless it differs because it's Celtic but I doubt it.

Sylar
18-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Good question. I'd be willing to bet there'd be a PATG option if it was any club other than Celtc, Rangers or Hearts though, and not because ANY of these are likely to sell out right now.

Are the police able to dictate such a move?

Sir David Gray
18-10-2011, 10:32 PM
It will definitely be all ticket because Hibs will only issue tickets for category A home games to people on the database. There's usually a security announcement before matches against the Old Firm and Hearts, telling supporters not to approach the turnstiles unless they are in possession of a matchday ticket.

I would imagine that there will be tickets sold for the Hibs end, right the way up until kick off next week but you'll need to go to the ticket office first to purchase your ticket and confirm that you are registered on the database before you go round to the turnstiles and get in.

hibsbollah
18-10-2011, 10:45 PM
A sub-9000 crowd for a plum Cup tie against the old firm might give the board further food for thought. Or maybe not...

steakbake
18-10-2011, 11:14 PM
A sub-9000 crowd for a plum Cup tie against the old firm might give the board further food for thought. Or maybe not...

No - I doubt it.

Even then, I think it will still be a case of them trying out various new "customer engagement" strategies in the belief that if they can just change the way we think about the results and performances, that we'll magically forget that we are pisspoor on the pitch and 'managed' by someone who appears not to be able to do anything to change it.... oh and they might try to persuade us to buy a wee bit more merchandise...

I half expect to lose against St Mirren then beat Celtic midweek. The St Mirren result will be glossed over as we bask in the warmth of beating a team which seems to have as many problems as we do!

ano hibby
19-10-2011, 07:03 AM
It is a QF of a major cup. At home. If we win we could play St Mirren, Ayr, East Fife, Dundee Utd, Killie or Falkirk.
I'll be there.*
'Mon the Hibees - relegation & a cup double...the Hibs way:greengrin

* cup top up mind you:greengrin

Gatecrasher
19-10-2011, 07:06 AM
if it werent for the cup top up i wouldn't have given it a second thought, Its a good oppertunity to go for a pub lunch and a few pints with my Dad. as usual the football will be the downer on an otherwise decent evening :agree:

lucky
19-10-2011, 10:01 AM
The cup top is going cost Hibs big time at this game. 5000 ST holders at £20 then having give half to the wee greens. Bet this is the one and only year its part of the season ticket

hibsbollah
19-10-2011, 10:39 AM
It is a QF of a major cup. At home. If we win we could play St Mirren, Ayr, East Fife, Dundee Utd, Killie or Falkirk.I'll be there.*'Mon the Hibees - relegation & a cup double...the Hibs way:greengrin* cup top up mind you:greengrinI'll be there too.The big question is do i take the wee one. Its her first season and much more of the recent crap performances and unpleasant atmosphere could turn her away for life...

Joe Baker II
19-10-2011, 02:34 PM
It will definitely be all ticket because Hibs will only issue tickets for category A home games to people on the database. There's usually a security announcement before matches against the Old Firm and Hearts, telling supporters not to approach the turnstiles unless they are in possession of a matchday ticket.

I would imagine that there will be tickets sold for the Hibs end, right the way up until kick off next week but you'll need to go to the ticket office first to purchase your ticket and confirm that you are registered on the database before you go round to the turnstiles and get in.

You are probably correct but the arrangement you describe sums up everything wrong with Hibs appalling perception of what represents customer service. It would be quite nice to know if one will be able to buy on the day or not - the vague details on the website just sums up the quality of service normally employed by Hibs. In fact one of several reasons why I rarely go to ER now - though will on tihs occasion as I do still go to cup games.

Joe Baker II
19-10-2011, 02:46 PM
The cup top is going cost Hibs big time at this game. 5000 ST holders at £20 then having give half to the wee greens. Bet this is the one and only year its part of the season ticket

Eh, it has been part of ST for many years, and to give the Board for once some credit, it was one of the main reasons I had for getting season ticket when I did have one.

kennyh
19-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I cant make it over unfortunately, i always make an effort for Cup games. With the game being on TV and the apathy around our club just now I predict the lowest crowd V either of the OF in decades on Wednesday unfortunately. A win and we are 90 mins from another shot at glory.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Eh, it has been part of ST for many years, and to give the Board for once some credit, it was one of the main reasons I had for getting season ticket when I did have one.

I think he's referring to the fact that if you renewed early for this season the top up was free as opposed to previous seasons when you always had to pay for it.

lucky
19-10-2011, 02:54 PM

No its not been part of the ST for years. In previous seasons you purchased a top up £30/40 along with your ST. This season you got it free as part of purchasing the ST early. I'm not knocking the board it was an incentive this year but its going to cost.

3pm
19-10-2011, 06:12 PM
So nobody knows!!

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Well get around 7,000. 3,500 Smelly weegie bigoted masochists, and 3,500 Edinburgh non-sectarian ones.

down-the-slope
19-10-2011, 06:56 PM

:rolleyes: Sod me another new sponsor..

nortonhibby
19-10-2011, 09:24 PM
I Got a few of my mates that used to go coming round to watch it on the box. Taxi for Calderwood please :taxi

monktonharp
20-10-2011, 12:06 AM
we can only hope that the game is as exiting as the motherwell cup game was. that is........those of us that attend. if they had dropped the prices by even a fiver I'm sure we;d be getting 12/13000. as it is,early/on tv /£20 quid/ midweek there's a few reasons why quite a few Hibbies wont turn up.

NOLA
20-10-2011, 03:12 AM
ticket price/midweek night/on the tv/ no thanks.

smurf
20-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Lack of support might help us as some have suggested our poor form at home is not down to the management or players but us supporters getting on their backs...

hibs0666
20-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Lack of support might help us as some have suggested our poor form at home is not down to the management or players but us supporters getting on their backs...

You might have something there.

bawheid
20-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm right up for this one. Hopefully it'll be like the 6,000 hardcore that made the trip through to Hampden thon evening we dumped the huns out the same cup.

hibs0666
20-10-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm right up for this one. Hopefully it'll be like the 6,000 hardcore that made the trip through to Hampden thon evening we dumped the huns out the same cup.

Hope so too. :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
20-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Hope so too. :thumbsup:

Can't believe the apathy on this board towards this game. We have a great chance of winning, would you want to miss that.
It's a 1/4 final of only 2 competitions we can win!!!!!

I wonder how many will be looking for cup final tickets if we get through.
Get along to the game and support HIBS

Moulin Yarns
20-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Can't believe the apathy on this board towards this game. We have a great chance of winning, would you want to miss that.

What's the other one? :confused: :devil: :wink:

hfc-1875
20-10-2011, 02:44 PM
11,500 tickets sold so far, including the weegies.

wazoo1875
20-10-2011, 02:50 PM
11,500 tickets sold so far, including the weegies. If this is accurate, then that's not too bad with still a few days left for folk to purchase a brief.

hibsbollah
20-10-2011, 03:09 PM
11,500 tickets sold so far, including the weegies. Thats a lot better than i feared to be honest.

smurf
20-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Thats a lot better than i feared to be honest.

Indeed. Lots of cup top ups though?

hfc-1875
20-10-2011, 03:20 PM
more than i expected really.

pentlando
20-10-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4X4E4inkEg

Not so much different now than there was then. GGTTH, i'll be there :flag:

hibs0666
20-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Indeed. Lots of cup top ups though?

You make that sound like a bad thing.

Scouse Hibee
20-10-2011, 03:34 PM

Is this fact?

If so does this mean that 11500 actual tickets have been sold for this game and then ST's with a top up who may/may not attend could take the figure to 13/14k....................I very much doubt it!

IWasThere2016
20-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Not so much different now than there was then. GGTTH, i'll be there :flag:

Do you have the full Hibs side from that night? I am just wondering how many went onto to bigger/better things (earnings)?

lucky
20-10-2011, 03:39 PM

Could be our biggest crowd of the season. I bet this is one game RP will not be counting season ticket holders that don't show

IFONLY
20-10-2011, 03:42 PM

Well said, think some people should find out the meaning of the word support.

woody47
20-10-2011, 04:14 PM
If me and the son didn't have the top up there is no way in h£ll I would have gone.

Also why the ferk is it on at 7:15? Getting to ER for this time means I will not be able to get home and back to ER in time. It just seems to me that the powers to be are really trying their damnest to pi$$ supporters off and turn them away from the game.

Wonder how much we get from the TV as I doubt it will compensate the bums on seats.

IFONLY
20-10-2011, 05:43 PM

source!!!!

Nando™
20-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Hope so, but I smell *****.

nortonhibby
20-10-2011, 09:05 PM

No one i know has bought a ticket not a cats chance in hell of such a massive crowd for this game:confused:

hibeedonald
20-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Me and 5 mates are going, only our second game this season (due to work and money)

smurf
21-10-2011, 12:54 AM
You make that sound like a bad thing.

No just your suspicious mind.

hfc-1875
21-10-2011, 01:14 AM
source!!!!

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=2317

a (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=2317)dd up all the tickets that have been sold.

IFONLY
21-10-2011, 09:21 AM
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=2317

a (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=2317)dd up all the tickets that have been sold.

The only red bits (sold out ) seem to be in the away end. The rest seem to have plenty available. Maybe its my computer.!!!!

hibs0666
21-10-2011, 10:20 AM
No just your suspicious mind.

That's All Right then, and Dont be Cruel. :wink:

flash
21-10-2011, 11:29 AM
No one i know has bought a ticket not a cats chance in hell of such a massive crowd for this game:confused:

Plenty folk i know are going so that cancels your mob out.

Albion Hibs
21-10-2011, 11:41 AM
The last cup game I went to (motherwell) was a great game, and like in all cups you never know, there is not a chance I would miss it. I know a few folk who dont attend on a regular basis that are making the trip so fingers crossed we can get a good crowd into support the team on the night.

greenlex
21-10-2011, 12:18 PM
The last cup game I went to (motherwell) was a great game, and like in all cups you never know, there is not a chance I would miss it. I know a few folk who dont attend on a regular basis that are making the trip so fingers crossed we can get a good crowd into support the team on the night. Lets hope the team put in a performance and give everyone a lift.

Speedway
21-10-2011, 12:55 PM
:rolleyes: Sod me another new sponsor..

If it really was the plum cup, Hearts would win it every year.

IFONLY
27-10-2011, 01:20 PM

you where a wee bit out on this one!!!