PDA

View Full Version : Get Colin Calderwood out now.

silverhibee
18-10-2011, 03:42 PM
As it is widely known that members of the Hibs Board have a look in on the Hibs sites from time to time, then here is your chance to let them know how wee feel about CC still being the manager of Hibernian FC, it has been a disaster from start to now since he has been in charge, he can have no complaints anymore, he has his own team on the park now, and not Yogi's,, it has been downhill all the way with him and no sign of any improvements since he took over, he has made one good signing(if he did make it:wink:) in Garry O'Connor, the rest are just poor players, he needs to go now before he cause's any more damage to the club this season.

:taxi For Colin Calderwood.

PS, Get rid of all the backroom staff at East Mains while your at it, you may need a couple of them, :taxi :taxi.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 03:43 PM
yes get him out now.

Stevie Reid
18-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Don't like to have to resort to it, but his time is definitely up - he is killing our club and the damage could last for years to come. Going to Easter Road is a truly miserable experience and as things stand I will not be renewing my season ticket next year - something I never thought I would say.

hibs0666
18-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Sacking the manager won't make the slightest difference to our situation.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 03:51 PM

I see you have said this a few times now, what do you think will happen if we stay as we are?

Elephant Stone
18-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Go on..

Golden Bear
18-10-2011, 04:21 PM
yes get him out now.

:agree:

And please ensure that no current Board member is anywhere near the selection Committee for his replacement.

:bitchy:

HKhibby
18-10-2011, 04:32 PM
i emailed the board a month or so ago, got a reply back from Scott Lindsay with the same old...same old flannel about giving the manager time to make the team gel etc.., still early in the season etc..we share your frustration...etc...its not acceptable to be bottom of the league/there abouts...etc...in other words same old, and comments noted!, i emailed again but got no reply!, and i emailed again yesterday, monday 17th, but no reply!, so doubt il email again if they cant be-botherd to reply, either that orthey are just refusing to either talk about or acknowledge there is a major problem with the present incumbent waist of time as a manager we have!

hibs0666
18-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Go on..

We've changed manager 4 times (8 if you include the temporary geezers) in 5 years now. After so many changes in such a short time there comes a point where you have to conclude that the manager is NOT the problem.

Sure, yet another sacking might make the punters feel a wee bit better about things in the short term but that will be pretty much the extent of the upside. Of itself it will make hee-haw difference.

I really hope that the club is taking a step back and is trying to figure out:

- where the club needs to get to
- the potential blockers to getting there
- the degree to which the existing activities and resources will allow the club to meet its objectives
- a holistic plan of action, including staffing changes if required, that brings the club out its current tailspin.

Col2
18-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Exactly one year. Two transfer windows, calderwoods team and full pre season preparation.

Absolutely ZERO improvement.

Get Colin Calderwood Out NOW.

3pm
18-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Why the over reaction?!

truehibernian
18-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Unless Sir Tom underwrites it (the sacking), then don't hold your breath. Hibs simply cannot afford to sack him, that is the basic truth.

As it stands, we are a quarter the way into the season, and albeit by a point, not in the relegation places. We are still in the League Cup, with a home game against Celtic, who may rest a few players given their predicament, to look forward to. Winning that puts us in the semi finals of a major cup. Six points separate our current position from 4th in the SPL. Are you willing to forsake around £250,000 to get rid of him at this stage of the season. There would be precious little for the new manager to play with next window anyway. Again, unless STF loans money.........which I don't think he will. We won't be going to the bank either, nor plundering the cash in bank.

The football is poor, the apathy almost tangible. I, like thousands of others, left on Saturday with an almost 'resigned' attitude, not angry or sad, just 'och well, we expected that'. But I left thinking that not only are the players poor, so are we. The fans, whether some choose to agree or not, need to be more vocal in a positive sense. From the 1st minute to 92nd on Saturday, all I witnessed was negative. I know it's really tough to bear at times, and everyone of course has the right to vent their spleen.......I do too. But I was one of the few near me encouraging DW when he came to take a throw, one of the few to give Nid a right good clap when he came to the touchline after a tackle. Everyone else was muted.

Football is fickle, and we have gone from 2 games where the lads gave everything to beat Well in the Cup, and did well against a team who hadn't conceded a goal away, scoring 3 and playing well, to being the 'worst team in the world'. Simple fact is, we're not. We're not good, have the potential to do far far better, but support is needed. There are some very good players at Hibs.

All this season I have put my own feelings about Calderwood (his summer nonsense) aside and got behind the side (at games). I will be honest, I think his behaviour pre-season was a disgrace. I also think Rod's hiding behind statements, which I see he has done again, is utterly disrespectful. There is no transparency at Hibs and there needs to be.

Billy Brown has been in post for around 2 months, yet it only took him 2 minutes to say what we (and other coaches) feel about Hibs. The mentality is wrong. There is a fear of defeat rather than a belief we can win. But that will change I think. The support needs to galvanise around the team, and for most put their feelings of CC aside. It wasn't that long ago the 12th Man were singing 'Calderwood's Green n White Army' for the whole game.

I laughed today at the statement that said the club have been more interactive with the fans. What utter tosh. They haven't e-mailed me once about my thoughts on where we should be going as a club. And even if they do reply when fans write in, they have always replied with a generic 'aye, we read what you said, but still go and buy your season ticket'. Old ground I know, but there are literally two dozen ways the club could be doing things better off the park and being more community orientated. Loads of better money generating ideas too. They (the board) listen to what they want to listen to. If any of the board do read this board, feel free to PM me. I hopefully am seen as constructive and fair minded when it comes to Hibernian. But read this - not only did I expect the loss today, I feel you are failing badly in your jobs, and you should be very much accountable for the loss also.

The U19's look really entertaining this season too. Some prospects that I think will really come good in the top team. Other coaches have said that. So there is a bright future I think regards youth inclusion in the first team. CC is seen as a good coach, both at Hibs and by other players and coaches. Of course we all challenge his decisions, his demeanour, his tactics. But at the end of the day I think it would be foolish to sack him right now.

The man who should step aside, in my opinion, is Rod.............purely because he has been there for too long and the Boardroom needs refreshed. Fyfe and Scott's position need examined for best value, and the Marketing Dept need metaphorically kicked up the backside for their lack of inspiration and ideas. I don't dislike Rod Petrie, far from it. I think what he has done for Hibs in his time has been staggering in a postive sense (with some luck thrown in, and Rangers open cheque book before they bounced :greengrin). But his touch is failing and his continued 'statements in hiding' I now find lacking respect for the everyday fan.

I watched the documentary last night about the collapse of RBS. It reminded me of Hibs on a far far smaller, localised scale. There was Fred Goodwin, McKillop and the lads all patting each other on the back from 2000 onwards, all very proud of their achievements, waxing lyrcal about their collective 'strength' and talents in banking.....they often said they were unlike any other banks when asked if there was a risk to their position in banking. They were protected from a crash they said. When 2008/9 came, same people were there, same people whose pockets had been lined, same people who said 'it's all okay'.........yet the system crashed and all they could say before they walked away with handsome pensions was a limp, unemotional 'sorry' ! The arrogance and real honest failure to admit collective failing was simply unbelievable.

To the Hibs board - lads, you had a fair crack of the whip, first half you played a blinder, second half you let yourselves down big time. Time for you to look for another club as we won't be renewing your contracts. There are better players out there. Good luck and we hope you remember your time with Hibernian fondly. But we are not a charity, we are a club with winning mentality. And today, you lost ! Most expensive team to watch in the SPL, one of the poorest football products (on and off the pitch). Everyone who buys a ticket to watch Hibs is a 'stakeholder' in the club, and entitled to an opinion............my opinion is you are past your sell by date. Time to get in people with a vision, a younger approach, a real enthusiasm for football and the club, an injection of charisma. Make Hibernian Football Club beautiful again !

The football side and Calderwood argument - get behind the side, let's really be positive and get the campaign going. I'm all for giving him more time, with positive vocal backing from the stands. Time to round the wagons troops and get behind the club/team IMHO.

Dalianwanda
18-10-2011, 04:44 PM
I want him to succeed, I really do.....But enough's enough...I just wish I knew who we would bring in to replace him!?

Will just add, great post from Truehibernian.......But I have my doubts whether would stay up with CC at the helm..

SteveHFC
18-10-2011, 04:46 PM
get him to ****!!

nortonhibby
:agree:

And please ensure that no current Board member is anywhere near the selection Committee for his replacement.

:bitchy:

we would manage to get a better manager by sticking all the names in a hat of who apply and getting one of the Fans to pick out the name at a half time draw in one of our games.

more chance of the guy being a winner than the useless bone headed losers who the board have selected recently.

Joe
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET HIM OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!

Billy Reid, Michael O'Neil even Jim Jeffries would do right now!!

This is the lowest I have been in years of being a Hibs fan and my god I've sat through some right pish. Get him out before it's too late!

sesoim
18-10-2011, 04:49 PM

If we appoint another manager as rubbish as CC then you are right.

If we had appointed the other Calderwood, who has proved himself time and time again in the SPL, then we would be challenging for 3rd this season.

This is all Petrie's fault, CC was highly unpopular at Notts Forest. I don't like to get personal, but he has a weird personality, like something is lacking emotionally, certainly not the type suitable for being a manager. He has probably cost us a fair whack in wages and compensation to Newcastle, never mind all the money we lost through dropping down the table and falling attendances.

What were you thinking Petrie? Do you seriously think things will all turn out ok under this guy?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Did the listening groups take place in September?
If not why not and if yes what was the attendance like.

I presume the events were canned?

As I've said on previous I'm reluctantly in the CC out camp but reckon it'll take until the result of the cup game - thatll be the make or break moment

Golden Bear
18-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Help ma boab. It's a year to the day since CC was appointed as our Saviour.

I cannae quite believe that as it seems much longer than that. The agony lingers on, and on, and on.

hibs0666
18-10-2011, 05:00 PM
If we appoint another manager as rubbish as CC then you are right.

One of recent rubbish appointments now manages an international club. We don't appoint balloons but there is something about the club that turns managers with decent ability into inept buffoons. Until we sort out what this is the constant cycle of hiring and firing will just continue with us getting worse and worse.

steakbake
18-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Xmas and no longer.

If it is to be that Calderwood goes, they should be refreshing the whole coaching set up too. If CC goes, RP must sell up and ship out. Plain and simple. If we get the next managerial choice wrong, we are sunk and most fans won't care.

smurf
18-10-2011, 05:06 PM
yes get him out now.

If he had any decency and honour he'd resign.

Captain Trips
18-10-2011, 05:08 PM
We've changed manager 4 times (8 if you include the temporary geezers) in 5 years now. After so many changes in such a short time there comes a point where you have to conclude that the manager is NOT the problem.

Sure, yet another sacking might make the punters feel a wee bit better about things in the short term but that will be pretty much the extent of the upside. Of itself it will make hee-haw difference.

- the degree to which the existing activities and resources will allow the club to meet its objectives
- a holistic plan of action, including staffing changes if required, that brings the club out its current tailspin.

CC should not be kept in the job simply because we have went through 4 or 5 managers in almost as many years, CC simply based on his record has been nothing short of terrible and I see nothing in him to suggest it will improve so for me he should 100% be sacked and that should have happened weeks ago.

The manager as you say is not the problem fully to have been through as many managers as we have and failed to make Europe 4 out of the last 5 seasons I believe is IMO a failure and they have had plenty of more time than the managers emplyed to get it right, CC just looks like another error.

Time for some action from very top to get the FOOTBALL side of this club up there in the mix, everyone at the club from CC is not capable of this.

woodyloon
18-10-2011, 05:10 PM

I think even getting rid of Calderwood (NOW) might not be enough to get things sorted, I feel there is something deep rooted within the club that needs sorted. I think Calderwood has had long enough to change things around without any sign of improvement, infact I feel he has made us the team everyone wants to play especially if the other team has been on a bad run. I also don't buy into wait and see what he can do when he gets his own team, at the time he came he was expected to work with the majority of the last managers players, AND SHOULD OF BY NOW AT LEAST SHOWN WE AHD IMPROVED, NOT GOT WORSE.

With the progress we have made elsewhere we should now be reaping the rewards, we have invested in our own training complex and since then we have produced the weakest standard of team seen for a long time. We have completed the ground rebuild and now we can't put a team out showing enough passion to even half fill the ground and I feel if something isn't done sone it will be too late. Forget waiting January, by then we might be well and truely knackered and I can't see were our team will suddenly be able develop an ability to grind results out when we need them I think last season we got lucky, especially when you look at our results last season when we played all the other 5 teams in the bottom at the split.

The only positive thing at the moment is the appointment of Brown, but how long will that last, he can only do so much as an assistant without over stepping his position.

I think every fan wants to get behind the team, but it gets very hard when the supporters seem to be the only ones able to see there is problems within the club, but anyone in a position just seems to be glossing over the situation, and if something isn't done sooner rather than later then I fear we could be genuine relegation contenders, and I also fear that if we do go down we might not be strong or good enough to come straight back up, and will languish in the lower league with our great stadium and training complex.

DaveF
18-10-2011, 05:44 PM
If he had any decency and honour he'd resign.

Totally agree.

As a season ticket holder of 25 years I have watched some amount of dross in my time, but right now Calderwood's brand of football is boring me to death.

Just leave.

Borderhibbie76
18-10-2011, 06:43 PM
i emailed the board a month or so ago, got a reply back from Scott Lindsay with the same old...same old flannel about giving the manager time to make the team gel etc.., still early in the season etc..we share your frustration...etc...its not acceptable to be bottom of the league/there abouts...etc...in other words same old, and comments noted!, i emailed again but got no reply!, and i emailed again yesterday, monday 17th, but no reply!, so doubt il email again if they cant be-botherd to reply, either that orthey are just refusing to either talk about or acknowledge there is a major problem with the present incumbent waist of time as a manager we have!

As I've just posted in another thread, I just received the usual disinterested drivel from Fyfe Hyland to my Email I sent in on Sat...they aren't interested in our opinions whatsoever!!!

But for what it's worth Get CC OUT NOW!!!

Hibernia Na Eir
18-10-2011, 07:26 PM
calderwood is the bitch

Big Frank
18-10-2011, 07:52 PM
CC should not be kept in the job simply because we have went through 4 or 5 managers in almost as many years, CC simply based on his record has been nothing short of terrible and I see nothing in him to suggest it will improve so for me he should 100% be sacked and that should have happened weeks ago.

The manager as you say is not the problem fully to have been through as many managers as we have and failed to make Europe 4 out of the last 5 seasons I believe is IMO a failure and they have had plenty of more time than the managers emplyed to get it right, CC just looks like another error.

Time for some action from very top to get the FOOTBALL side of this club up there in the mix, everyone at the club from CC is not capable of this.

Spot on. :top marks

CC out, and take evans and co with you!

nortonhibby
18-10-2011, 07:55 PM
It saddens me to say this but id have the Duffster back to replace this Dud:confused:

Saorsa
18-10-2011, 07:57 PM
As it is widely known that members of the Hibs Board have a look in on the Hibs sites from time to time, then here is your chance to let them know how wee feel about CC still being the manager of Hibernian FC, it has been a disaster from start to now since he has been in charge, he can have no complaints anymore, he has his own team on the park now, and not Yogi's,, it has been downhill all the way with him and no sign of any improvements since he took over, he has made one good signing(if he did make it:wink:) in Garry O'Connor, the rest are just poor players, he needs to go now before he cause's any more damage to the club this season.

PS, Get rid of all the backroom staff at East Mains while your at it, you may need a couple of them, :taxi :taxi.Dinnae forget Petrie's :taxi

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Its not going to happen anytime soon, but, i doubt it matters who the manager is until the upper echelons of the club are transformed, so, that means we're basically doomed!

HibsMax
18-10-2011, 08:02 PM
We could replace EVERYONE and it doesn't guarantee anything.

Something has been rank rotten at the club, either that or managers cease to be able to manage and players cease to be able to play when they get to our club. I genuinely don't know what the answer is which is part of the reason I've been willing to sit back and let things unfold until Christmas rather than getting too upset about the situation now.

Sacking CC might not be possible for many reasons e.g., club needs to find a replacement. If they don't have anyone in mind then sacking CC now makes no sense. Some would argue that a managerless Hibs could not be any worse than it is now, maybe it couldn't. Maybe BB would step in and turn things around? Dunno. There was a thought that he made an impact as soon as he arrived but if that was the case, the honeymoon period is over. That said, we lost our last two games to Rangers (running away with the league already) and Motherwell (second place) so perhaps those two results are affecting how people already feel?

I'm still sticking with him until Christmas, if for no other reason than to allow the board more time to figure out who is next on the chopping block. Poisoned chalice, anyone?

Captain Trips
18-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Dinnae forget Petrie's :taxi

:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:
Hopefully thats enough for them :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 08:08 PM
I keep hearing this something is rotten at the club, yet nobody can tell us exactly what this is? We compete well financially with every club, better than most. There is no wage cap we have been told, we certainly seem to have a squad similar in numbers to most clubs.

I think we have spent more than most in transfer fee's and wages according to what i have seen written by Caversham green.

So what is this thing thats rotten, and please dont say Petrie without going into detail exactly what he does thats so rotten please.

HibsMax
18-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I keep hearing this something is rotten at the club, yet nobody can tell us exactly what this is? We compete well financially with every club, better than most. There is no wage cap we have been told, we certainly seem to have a squad similar in numbers to most clubs.

I think we have spent more than most in transfer fee's and wages according to what i have seen written by Caversham green.

So what is this thing thats rotten, and please dont say Petrie without going into detail exactly what he does thats so rotten please.

And that is the worrying part for me........who knows? It's OK to say something is wrong without knowing what "it" is. It's as clear as the nose on your face that something is amiss. Changing the manager has not worked (yet). Changing the players has not worked (yet).

I see things that cause me concern every time I have watched Hibs this season - we don't seem capable of getting the fundamentals right e.g., passing to someone who plays for Hibs. I mentioned this in the thread about the Motherwell game. Palsson took three throw-ins in quick succession and not one of them hit a Hibs player. What's up with that? Why do we play the longball when we can't even master the short passes? These, to me, are the building blocks of football and professionals should be able to do that without any additional coaching. But I see it time and time again. Sometimes it looks like we're playing with our eyes closed.

silverhibee
18-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Dinnae forget Petrie's :taxi

He has a nice Merc so can see himself of the premises. :greengrin

matty_f
18-10-2011, 08:23 PM

I agree with the point you're making here, BH.

Petrie and the board surely can't be influencing how hard the players train, or the tactics the players are being asked to adopt, or how well they're doing it. They're not taking training or having the daily contact with players that would demotivate them or affect their attitude adversely. They're not asking the manager or coaches to work under adverse circumstances as far as I can see, so just what is rotten to the core at the club?

Diclonius
18-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Reluctantly, I'm an agreement. Sorry Calderwood, the job ain't for you. And I doubt you ever thought it was in the first place.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 08:24 PM
And that is the worrying part for me........who knows? It's OK to say something is wrong without knowing what "it" is. It's as clear as the nose on your face that something is amiss. Changing the manager has not worked (yet). Changing the players has not worked (yet).

I see things that cause me concern every time I have watched Hibs this season - we don't seem capable of getting the fundamentals right e.g., passing to someone who plays for Hibs. I mentioned this in the thread about the Motherwell game. Palsson took three throw-ins in quick succession and not one of them hit a Hibs player. What's up with that? Why do we play the longball when we can't even master the short passes? These, to me, are the building blocks of football and professionals should be able to do that without any additional coaching. But I see it time and time again. Sometimes it looks like we're playing with our eyes closed.

I cant for the life of me understand how players not being able to find a green jersey can be anyones fault bar the player. Throw ins i will give you, they should be worked on in the training ground.

Long or short, players should be able to find their team mates if they are in space. Personally imo the main reason we dont do so, is we play the game much to slowly, mainly because these are very limited players, who often take 3 or 4 touches before they have the ball fully under control.

And that again imo is down to the managers, they bring these players to the club. Motherwell on Saturday were miles ahead of us in terms of technique. When you have Motherwell fans doing the oleys at easter road, when passing the ball between their players time after time, that tells me we have a poor team.

HibsMax
18-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I agree with the point you're making here, BH.

Petrie and the board surely can't be influencing how hard the players train, or the tactics the players are being asked to adopt, or how well they're doing it. They're not taking training or having the daily contact with players that would demotivate them or affect their attitude adversely. They're not asking the manager or coaches to work under adverse circumstances as far as I can see, so just what is rotten to the core at the club?

I wonder if we'll ever figure it out? Statistically speaking it's possible that every permutations of players and managers that we've tried just stinks but I imagine the odds of that are fairly long.

The definition of madness is trying the same thing twice and expecting different results. Well we're not mad because we've tried a variety of things and they've all failed. The common denominator is the board but as you say, Matty, how can they really be affecting what we're seeing on the pitch?

silverhibee
18-10-2011, 08:26 PM

But wee cant believe everthing they tell us. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2011, 08:29 PM

simples, it's petries fault that reasonably well-paid professional football players cant even pass a ball to anyone else wearing the same colour of strip as themselves, it's also petries fault that said professionals stand about looking like total freakin dummies during games, it's also petries fault for not having slot machines/poker tables/blackjack etc etc installed at hotel mains, forcing the players to take that easily-earned cash all the way to vegas to spend instead, thus causing disharmony with said players

matty_f
18-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I wonder if we'll ever figure it out? Statistically speaking it's possible that every permutations of players and managers that we've tried just stinks but I imagine the odds of that are fairly long.

The definition of madness is trying the same thing twice and expecting different results. Well we're not mad because we've tried a variety of things and they've all failed. The common denominator is the board but as you say, Matty, how can they really be affecting what we're seeing on the pitch?

Well, we've ditched several managers after a short period of time and the end result has been the same each time, so maybe the answer is to stick with CC...

Or maybe not!

HibsMax
18-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I cant for the life of me understand how players not being able to find a green jersey can be anyones fault bar the player. Throw ins i will give you, they should be worked on in the training ground.

Long or short, players should be able to find their team mates if they are in space. Personally imo the main reason we dont do so, is we play the game much to slowly, mainly because these are very limited players, who often take 3 or 4 touches before they have the ball fully under control.

And that again imo is down to the managers, they bring these players to the club. Motherwell on Saturday were miles ahead of us in terms of technique. When you have Motherwell fans doing the oleys at easter road, when passing the ball between their players time after time, that tells me we have a poor team.

So perhaps the issue is a little more subtle than I'm thinking. Perhaps what is happening is that Hibs demise has been gradual and we've just been signing poorer and poorer players. I don't mean drastically awful, I just mean a little bit worse than before -- such a small change that it's barely perceptible but over time it's very noticeable.

It's a pretty big task but it would be interesting to see how the player personnel has changed since we were last playing good football consistently.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 08:31 PM
But wee cant believe everthing they tell us. :wink:

I have to SH unless someone can tell me different?:confused:

HibsMax
18-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Well, we've ditched several managers after a short period of time and the end result has been the same each time, so maybe the answer is to stick with CC...

Or maybe not!

That has been my stance during this whole debacle. But you can only stand by that for so long and I really thought think that by Christmas it will be clear. I mean clear to me, other people have obviously made up their minds already.

WhileTheChief..
18-10-2011, 08:32 PM
The coaching staff at EM must take some of the responsibility. They are the 1 constant over the last 4 years. Players and managers have come and gone but they remain in post. Isn't anyone questioning their methods? It's been a steady decline since EM opened.

matty_f
18-10-2011, 08:39 PM
So perhaps the issue is a little more subtle than I'm thinking. Perhaps what is happening is that Hibs demise has been gradual and we've just been signing poorer and poorer players. I don't mean drastically awful, I just mean a little bit worse than before -- such a small change that it's barely perceptible but over time it's very noticeable.

It's a pretty big task but it would be interesting to see how the player personnel has changed since we were last playing good football consistently.

I've long said that half the problem is that there is NO culture at Easter Road. We've broken up team after team and rebuilt and rebuilt, so there's been no continuity in managers, no continuity in players to any great degree - certainly not ones that have had a positive influence as far as I can tell, and no continuity in demanding high standards.

That itself is, IMHO, the single biggest justification to sticking with the manager we have and giving it long enough to cultivate a culture good enough for the club.

Whether that reason in itself is enough to outweigh the reasons for ditching CC, I don't know.

But the something rotten to the core at the club, IMHO, is that the club currently has no personality, no culture, and standards that have been set far, far, too low.

I heard on the radio earlier someone talking about John Greig at Rangers, who had taken them aside when they were having a bad spell and asked them to think about what Rangers meant to them, and to consider what Rangers meant to John Greig.

We don't have enough players for whom Hibs have any meaning, really. There are a few, but not enough, and I don't think the players that we do mean a lot to have enough influence to demand the standards of their colleagues that should be demanded of them.

Sumner
18-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Had plenty of time
had plenty of players in
had so much backing from board
Had shocking results

Had it as far as 90% of support are concerned in polls.

Get him the hell out of our club

smurf
18-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I've long said that half the problem is that there is NO culture at Easter Road. We've broken up team after team and rebuilt and rebuilt, so there's been no continuity in managers, no continuity in players to any great degree - certainly not ones that have had a positive influence as far as I can tell, and no continuity in demanding high standards.

That itself is, IMHO, the single biggest justification to sticking with the manager we have and giving it long enough to cultivate a culture good enough for the club.

Whether that reason in itself is enough to outweigh the reasons for ditching CC, I don't know.

But the something rotten to the core at the club, IMHO, is that the club currently has no personality, no culture, and standards that have been set far, far, too low.

I heard on the radio earlier someone talking about John Greig at Rangers, who had taken them aside when they were having a bad spell and asked them to think about what Rangers meant to them, and to consider what Rangers meant to John Greig.

We don't have enough players for whom Hibs have any meaning, really. There are a few, but not enough, and I don't think the players that we do mean a lot to have enough influence to demand the standards of their colleagues that should be demanded of them.

I think you are on to something.... however, what baffles me is how a club like Kilmarnock who had about 8 players on their books in the summer are yet again with less resources able to quite quickly 'build' a side?

Killie did it last year too. Motherwell the season before...

HibsMax
18-10-2011, 08:58 PM

Continuity. That's a good point. It's been a revolving door for some time now. I understand that we all want a good team but perhaps there's a "rite of passage" that we have to go through to get there? Maybe it HAS to get worse before it can get better? And maybe we pull the plug when it does get worse i.e., too soon. I am not presenting this as fact, just another way of looking at things. Consider this. Hibs hit a slippery slope and punt the manager. The new man comes in and has to start afresh. He gets rid of some deadwood and tries to put his stamp on the game. It would be nice if everything just worked out right the first time around but let's assume that the new guy needs some time. He gets his time, perhaps not long enough (subjective?) and he is punted. The cycle continues but with each iteration Hibs find themselves to be a slightly weaker club than before, thus making the next man's job a little more difficult. And so it continues. That's just one idea that takes into account the lack of continuity. I think a mistake we might make, certainly me, is that each new manager is starting off with the same slate as the previous guy and that's quite possible not true.

EDIT : also, as Hibs decline it makes us a less attractive proposition to future players and managers. What player / manager wants to come to a club where the fans are turning away in their 1000s?

matty_f
18-10-2011, 09:30 PM
I think you are on to something.... however, what baffles me is how a club like Kilmarnock who had about 8 players on their books in the summer are yet again with less resources able to quite quickly 'build' a side?

Killie did it last year too. Motherwell the season before...

I would say that the difference is Killie had FJK in charge for many years there, and therefore a culture and a way of life was inbedded at the club, probably throughout the club. He resigned and Tangoman took over and kept them up, and then Mixu came in and was successful with Shiels as his assistant, with Shiels remaining at the club and therefore keeping some form of continuity there. I would think that there is still a legacy left from FJK in that respect.

We have changed too much in too short a space of time, IMHO. Huge turnover in players, a ridiculous number of managers, and tellingly (IMHO) managers that have tip-toed about the notion of improving the culture after the player revolt under Collins. Mixu referenced the need to change things slowly when he took over specifically because JC had tried to change too much too soon for the players, and then Yogi referenced the need to change it slowly as well, when he came in. I don't think either Mixu nor Yogi managed to effectively change the culture at the club for the positive - certainly the stories that come back of players getting into bother with betting, fighting each other, pishing in clubs in the town, and so on would suggest that the culture is still to be addressed.

I think there is also a case to be made that Hibs position themselves to prospective players differently to the likes of Motherwell and Killie. I genuinely think that there are too many players at Easter Road who either think they're better than the club, or that they're doing us a massive favour turning out for us, and almost treat the club with contempt.

You look at someone like Boozy, who still adores the club - he had no connection to the club yet played his heart out for us, grateful for what he had here. Where are the players like that at the moment?

delbert
18-10-2011, 09:48 PM
It's interesting that the majority of those saying we should stick with CC seem to have only one argument, and that is that we have been through too many managers in recent years - so the underlying reason to keep him seems to be that we should stick with him not because he has shown that he is in any way a decent manager who will eventually get things right, but rather that even though he is an obvious dud, we should keep him, because sacking another manager might make us look bad!!

Sorry, I'd rather look bad in the SPL, than in some way be being praised as a club with perceived 'integrity and loyalty' as we line up with CC in charge for our first game of next season in Dingwall !!

Apparently we are a business, not just a football club - well businesses all over the world get rid of thousands of duff employees every week, because they realise that a particular person does'nt have it or just does'nt fit in and they need to be moved on - it's sad but true, because we live in the real world last time I looked.

We have an manager who inspires no confidence, and quite clearly inspires none of the current playing squad, who to be perfectly honest also inspire virtually nobody who watches them, but keeping a dud in charge whilst our club goes down the pan does'nt seem to make any sense business wise, football wise, any way you slice it in fact. A year in charge, numerous signings and a CC team which can only be described as mediocre at best, and rank rotten when they put their mind to it, the table has'nt lied for almost two seasons. We are almost in freefall, there has been no discernable improvement in anything I have watched since he took over, in some areas of the park we look worse, particularly in defence.

Surely when looking at change you cannot blindly defend the indefensible, which CC's record certainly is. The reason we should be getting rid of this dud is because quite simply he is'nt a very good manager, it's the one thing he has shown categorically over the last 12 months, he was a decent player and a solid international for Scotland. Frank Sauzee was a world class player but unfortunately the truth was he was a rank rotten manager, who did he go on to have managerial success with after us, nobody, because he simply was'nt cut out to be a manager, CC is exactly the same. We need him out, and we need him out now, I simply do not believe there are not better managers out there who would jump at the chance to come to Easter Road.

Judas Iscariot
18-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Just **** off now you useless fud

steakbake
18-10-2011, 10:23 PM
That has been my stance during this whole debacle. But you can only stand by that for so long and I really thought think that by Christmas it will be clear. I mean clear to me, other people have obviously made up their minds already.

I think you are right. Its a few short weeks till Xmas. If things have not picked up considerably in the next few weeks, CC can have absolutely no complaints that time wasn't given and the fans in retrospect, could not argue whether he'd been given a fair crack of the whip. The board will have stretched the fans' patience to the very limit but they too should be satisfied that in doing so, there was no alternative but to let him go. Being positive, if things pick up and we start to show what we're made of, I think we'd want to review again in the summer. A year of terrible form should not just be swept under the carpet unless it is very clear we've turned a corner and all this was some kind of nightmare.

That's me being reasonable - I'm equally given to thinking he's already had too much time. So I just don't know.

Even if he is replaced, I have very little faith the Board know a good manager if he came and knocked on their door and handed them a CV.

basehibby
18-10-2011, 11:15 PM

I made a similar undertaking to refrain from making any judgements until Calderwood's new signings had a chance to settle, but for me the time to assess is now - having completed the first phase of league fixtures.

I have remained unimpressed by results so far but was particularly dismayed by the total non-performance of the team against Motherwell and that's what's been the turning point for me personally. I know Motherwell are playing well but they were helped by a display of inept doziness in the first half which could easily have seen us 3 or 4 down - Calderwood can try to blame the players but he's the guy who picked the team and set them out and who's responsible for making sure they're fully motivated come match day - triple fail from what I could see!

Maybe there's some master plan which just needs to click into place but I'm struggling to see it and think there's a great contender for the role waiting in the wings in Michael O'Neill. He won't be there forever though, which makes me think we should cut our losses sooner rather than later and make our move.

Captain Trips
18-10-2011, 11:23 PM

I agree with part in bold however that for me is exactly why CC and the board have to go, IMO a major issue is the amount of players here for 1yr or less, CC has got in to many as did Yogi and all backed upstairs. There is no strategy for this team.

RIP
18-10-2011, 11:24 PM
I guess if it makes you feel better - fill yer boots

However until such times as we supporters are willing to do more than bleat on a messageboard nothing will change

We are as bad as our club

Both absolutely clueless

matty_f
18-10-2011, 11:51 PM
I agree with part in bold however that for me is exactly why CC and the board have to go, IMO a major issue is the amount of players here for 1yr or less, CC has got in to many as did Yogi and all backed upstairs. There is no strategy for this team.

I can see your point, but I don't think 1 year deals are an issue - if the players are good enough to warrant an extension they'll be offered one. For a club in our financial and league position, I think it's the safest route for all parties, though my expectation would be that as it became clear who the team could be built around, that those players be given 2-3 year deals, and we improve the squad with maybe one or two players max per transfer window, thus building a team.

I did a bit of digging to get the example that sticks in my mind about the importance of having the right players at the club to create a culture over a period of time. This following piece is taken from an interview with Darren Fletcher, in the Daily Mail in 2009:

According to Fletcher, Keane is the unsung hero behind Manchester United’s present dominance.
Roy (Keane) was probably
the biggest influence on my
career. Rules about getting in
a half-hour early, they were
his instructions and those
traditions continue'

The playing squad still adheres to his rules, his discipline, still remembers the monsterings he would give players who failed to conform to his exacting standards. Fletcher was a favourite target, apparently, although he bears no grudges, or nervous ticks, as a result.
‘Roy was probably the biggest influence on my career,’ he says. ‘He would come down hard on me if I ever did anything wrong but he made me realise what it meant to be a Manchester United player.
‘I can remember coming in from training one day and checking my mobile phone for text messages. Well, that was it. He absolutely hammered me, all the way into the gym.
‘He was a great influence, really. If Roy had a go at you, he did it because he cared. He was the best captain you could wish for. He would tear you to shreds on the pitch if you gave away the ball, “get your effing touch right, effing this, effing that” but, as soon as you got into the dressing room, it was over. He was a winner. I’ve met dedicated professionals but he had something else.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/06/article-1160041-006D24B400000258-298_306x459.jpgLearn from the master: Fletcher with his mentor Roy Keane, and then United team-mate Phil Neville (No 3) in September 2003

‘The first time was scary, you thought, “Oh, I can’t make a mistake here”, but it was actually the best schooling you could get.
‘It was a shame the way it ended for him here. It’s hard to talk about the criticism and what he said, because we all looked up to him so much, he was respected by everybody.
‘We all just wish it hadn’t happened. He was our captain, he was our leader and he left a mark: where we are now is down to him, our dedication comes from the standards he set. The rules about time-keeping, about getting in a half-hour early, they were his instructions back in the day and those traditions continue.
‘Even now as a first-team player you make sure the young lads are in check, you make sure they are on time. It is so professional now. Everyone is in the gym after training trying to get that edge, urine samples before training, readiness tests to see if your body is up for training.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177813/DARREN-FLETCHER-TALKS-TO-MARTIN-SAMUEL-Teetotaller-Fergies-enforcer-learning-Keane-sitting-Uniteds-Champions-League-triumph.html#ixzz1bBEC3TVt

To my mind, that sort of peer-led leadership is missing at Hibs. Can you imagine Roy Keane's response to Victor Palsson for pishing in a nightclub!? There we have players who are of a mind to set standards even higher than the minimums put down by their gaffer. That is what is needed at Hibs. We need players with a passion for the club, and with a will to be winners in everything they do.

steakbake
19-10-2011, 12:08 AM
To my mind, that sort of peer-led leadership is missing at Hibs. Can you imagine Roy Keane's response to Victor Palsson for pishing in a nightclub!? There we have players who are of a mind to set standards even higher than the minimums put down by their gaffer. That is what is needed at Hibs. We need players with a passion for the club, and with a will to be winners in everything they do.

My lady commented the other week about the antics of the England rugby team in NZ, having been a professional sports person in her younger years - couldn't get her head around how alcohol and being a professional sports person was compatible at all. Yet somehow, it's in the culture here that larking around like a tit and heading up town for a night on the lash is all an acceptable part of being a pro.

Collins to his credit was tough on this. Remember reading an article about his time at Monaco where when the season was on, no-one drank or ate rubbish. Diet was strictly controlled. Training was intense and the players gave over their lives and focus to their work. It was dedication because dedication brings results.

Anyhow, I think it's so ingrained in British culture that big nights out on the town with your team-mate cliques and your entourages are what you "do". Most people will probably disagree and think that players need to "unwind" with a bottle in their hand but somehow, I just don't really see that if you are a serious sports person that it's something you would even want to do if you wished to be at the very top of your profession.

(That's not specifically about Hibs/Calderwood, BTW, just a general observation....)

Bayern Bru
19-10-2011, 12:50 AM
My main fear is that we get rid of Calderwood and bring in someone else who's worse.

Better the devil you know?

What I want to know is how we managed to do the business in order not to get relegated last year? When we got the results we needed, when we scored that late winner at St Mirren, when we beat Hamilton etc. What was all that? And where's it gone? And how do we get it back?

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2011, 01:27 AM
My main fear is that we get rid of Calderwood and bring in someone else who's worse.

Better the devil you know?

What I want to know is how we managed to do the business in order not to get relegated last year? When we got the results we needed, when we scored that late winner at St Mirren, when we beat Hamilton etc. What was all that? And where's it gone? And how do we get it back?

The re-appointment of Jim Duffy is the only conceivable way that could happen.

TrickyNicky
19-10-2011, 01:32 AM
I can see your point, but I don't think 1 year deals are an issue - if the players are good enough to warrant an extension they'll be offered one. For a club in our financial and league position, I think it's the safest route for all parties, though my expectation would be that as it became clear who the team could be built around, that those players be given 2-3 year deals, and we improve the squad with maybe one or two players max per transfer window, thus building a team.

I did a bit of digging to get the example that sticks in my mind about the importance of having the right players at the club to create a culture over a period of time. This following piece is taken from an interview with Darren Fletcher, in the Daily Mail in 2009:

I think those sort of players are worth their weight in gold nowadays and sadly for Hibs we may never have the profile to attract such a player.

As you know, the average mindset of a footballer these days seems to have shifted and they all set their sights on playing with the best of the best and anything less is a stepping stone, no-one bleeds the colours they represent anymore unless they are a home-grown talent or so special at SPL level it's almost unheard of.

I'm not even sure if there is a "less of a psycho " than the Roy Keane mould, it appears you are either that way inclined or not.

As had been spoken of many times before regarding Collins, who's ambition and plan was to make uberprofessional the new mantra for Hibs moving forward.

I know many have spoken of his bad signings and I often wonder if he was looking more for a certain type of professional footballer rather than a style of player so to speak.

i wonder if he was trying to build a squad of uberpros but mix these guys that maybe didn't have the same talent as those he already had in the squad but could improve and raise the level of their game as opposed to those that were involved in the protest saga who were gifted players with a certain level of commitment that they felt was adequate for a club such as Hibs.

The dynamic obviously didn't work during the intigration of this process ( as seen by results, style and commitment), many of the players seemed to think this was to new-school and dismissed it immediately as rubbish, hence the meeting at Petrie's.

A captain such as Jones never should have let this happen and he was one of the good ones, he looked like he should have been that sort of Keane mould, I just wonder where we could possibly find one that isn't afraid when push comes to shove.

TrickyNicky
19-10-2011, 02:30 AM

I'll have a bash BH!

I think what is rotten at our club is that we are perceived as easy pickings due to our honesty and financial stability.
We are too nice in my opinion and many employees seem to be taking the pysh!

We have a fantastic history of positive change in British footballing history and it's this history that makes us proud to be forward thinking and provide the best for the future of the Hibs family.

We pay well - as is shown by our tag of " best payers outwith The Old Firm ", we have great facilities, a great new stand, a positive set of books, so we are perceived as having a bit of cash to spend and this is where the footballing salesmen fleece us.

Any manager coming to Hibs gets time and backing.
Any player coming to Hibs receives the clubs' full commitment fans.
Even when our gut tells us they are a pretender, we the fans tell each other to be united and give them the respect and commitment they deserve - The Hibs way!

We have a great city and it's easy to be a big fish in a small pond, football at Hibs can give a player a great lifestyle and they can be happy without having to bust a gut, improve and realize their full potential.

We don't attract fighters with a chip on their shoulder, we don't attract dogged scrappers who fear not getting paid like they do on the other side of town, we get footballers who think they've done enough to earn early retirement, predominantly locals who's dreams aspire to going to Glasgow.

I fear the training staff are the same - we are a good, honest club with a lovely working environment that will offer stability - we are a company for people who work to live, not live to work.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2011, 10:34 AM
I'll have a bash BH!

I think what is rotten at our club is that we are perceived as easy pickings due to our honesty and financial stability.

We have a fantastic history of positive change in British footballing history and it's this history that makes us proud to be forward thinking and provide the best for the future of the Hibs family.

We pay well - as is shown by our tag of " best payers outwith The Old Firm ", we have great facilities, a great new stand, a positive set of books, so we are perceived as having a bit of cash to spend and this is where the footballing salesmen fleece us.

Even when our gut tells us they are a pretender, we the fans tell each other to be united and give them the respect and commitment they deserve - The Hibs way!

We have a great city and it's easy to be a big fish in a small pond, football at Hibs can give a player a great lifestyle and they can be happy without having to bust a gut, improve and realize their full potential.

We don't attract fighters with a chip on their shoulder, we don't attract dogged scrappers who fear not getting paid like they do on the other side of town, we get footballers who think they've done enough to earn early retirement, predominantly locals who's dreams aspire to going to Glasgow.

I fear the training staff are the same - we are a good, honest club with a lovely working environment that will offer stability - we are a company for people who work to live, not live to work.

All can be countered by having a manager who gets the type of players onboard who dont fit that type. Remember at tyne when McDonald was manager, they signed fighters scrapper players who gave everything, and they knew their wages were in the bank every week.

For me its all about getting the right manager, who in turn gets the right kind of players. Easy to say i suppose, but apparently not so easy to implement.

Although i do not get paid handsomely to make this decision, we all know who does. And to get this wrong so many times is causing this downturn in crowds income and form the team are showing.

Getting a new manager is a must, and that has to be the right manager. The problem as i see it is, i do not think they have the ability to do so.

silverhibee
19-10-2011, 01:26 PM
I'll have a bash BH!

Like the manager only being here for a few days of the week and the board allowing it happen, is that the kind of example you are meaning. :greengrin

SmokieJoe
19-10-2011, 01:59 PM
CC in the job 1 year now, just got an assistant manager within the last month (allegedly appointed by CC).

Results .... very poor
Player personel .... improved on 1 year ago (but still no where near good enough)
Style of play .... Improved on 1 year ago ( "" dito "" )

Do we need a 4th manager with less than 2 years under his belt, regardless of the polotics involved in their departures, the fact remains, as commented bu myself 1 year ago, WE NEED STABILITY!

So if you think that the near yearlong issue of a replacement for Sol Bamba will not be addressed in Jan '12, and you think that we will be in a worse position by then, fair enough get rid, but i think we will be improved, and i see us 6th/7th flirting with the top half of the table by then.

hibs0666
19-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Like the manager only being here for a few days of the week and the board allowing it happen, is that the kind of example you are meaning. :greengrin

How many days of the week is he working for Hibs?

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2011, 02:05 PM
CC in the job 1 year now, just got an assistant manager within the last month (allegedly appointed by CC).

Results .... very poor
Player personel .... improved on 1 year ago (but still no where near good enough)

Do we need a 4th manager with less than 2 years under his belt, regardless of the polotics involved in their departures, the fact remains, as commented bu myself 1 year ago, WE NEED STABILITY!

So if you think that the near yearlong issue of a replacement for Sol Bamba will not be addressed in Jan '12, and you think that we will be in a worse position by then, fair enough get rid, but i think we will be improved, and i see us 6th/7th flirting with the top half of the table by then.

We have better players and have improved our style of play?

SmokieJoe
19-10-2011, 02:29 PM
We have better players and have improved our style of play?

BH, i listen to Hibs tv, i hear the limitless passion that boozy ozzes in co comentry, i don't believe that we have any player that can hold on to the ball like him, or shielsy for that matter. our general play has improved, but we are still leader less, and lack invention and ball retention ( Boozy get stripped and ready, yer on!)

I also saw O'Hanlons mis timed jump/duck for the 'well goal, not that they didn't deserve the win mind, but a year now and no commanding CH, and much longer for a controlling CM that dosen't get rid of the hot tattie when someone runs toward him.

Do you think we are playing worse football than a year ago?

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2011, 02:41 PM
BH, i listen to Hibs tv, i hear the limitless passion that boozy ozzes in co comentry, i don't believe that we have any player that can hold on to the ball like him, or shielsy for that matter. our general play has improved, but we are still leader less, and lack invention and ball retention ( Boozy get stripped and ready, yer on!)

I also saw O'Hanlons mis timed jump/duck for the 'well goal, not that they didn't deserve the win mind, but a year now and no commanding CH, and much longer for a controlling CM that dosen't get rid of the hot tattie when someone runs toward him.

Do you think we are playing worse football than a year ago?

I think we had a better team the day Calderwood took over to the team we have now. And thats not saying we had a good team, we were not we were poor.

This clown has done what i did not think possible, he's actually made us worse, even after his quality over quantity speach.:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-10-2011, 02:45 PM
SJ, What have you seen recently that makes you think we'll be flirting with a top 6 position any time soon?

SmokieJoe
19-10-2011, 03:00 PM
SJ, What have you seen recently that makes you think we'll be flirting with a top 6 position any time soon?

I did say Jan '12. The BB factor, as much as most Hibbys would dislike such an appointmet, seeing BB on sportscene etc, the man has a positive way about him, and i would imagine and axe to grind with the yams (John Roberston springs to mind), he's been around the block at yams and killi, surely he could bring in some 'best practice' to ourselves, whether it be attitude, style of play, do's and dont's that just might light up a few light bulbs in the thinking of a few footballing brains withing HFC.

I might be delusional, but i do live in hope. ( no not moved house):greengrin

SmokieJoe
19-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I think we had a better team the day Calderwood took over to the team we have now. And thats not saying we had a good team, we were not we were poor.

This clown has done what i did not think possible, he's actually made us worse, even after his quality over quantity speach.:rolleyes:

Buy no manner of means are we playing great football, but some of the stuff we played pre-international break was decent to watch, apart from the laurel and hardy's at the back ( dont forget the harold lloyds and buster keeton's either).

I have to ask you though, is it all just a little bit of history repeated?
Do you remember, 'he's fat he's round he'll save us fae goin down....'

a year or two later and we hade the best crop of youngsters since beckham, scoles giggs etc..., just a thought

Last Minute
19-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Calderwood must go now

SmokieJoe
19-10-2011, 03:18 PM

Just a thought thats been boincing around my head for many a month now, pushed way to the back because the the thought of it makes me sick, and how could someone do something like this to our club, but here it is.

After the embarrising way that both CC and the club delt with Brum and Forrest chasing CC as their assistant manager, has, and i suppose it depends on how pissed off you think that CC was after hibs dug their heels in over the situation, do you think that CC has in anyway engineered less than satisfactory displays on the pitch/results etc, with his (in my opinion) sometimes baffeling team selections and formations, to engineer his sacking/mutually consented (with a payoff) end to his position at hibs? food for thought.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Buy no manner of means are we playing great football, but some of the stuff we played pre-international break was decent to watch, apart from the laurel and hardy's at the back ( dont forget the harold lloyds and buster keeton's either).

I have to ask you though, is it all just a little bit of history repeated?
Do you remember, 'he's fat he's round he'll save us fae goin down....'

a year or two later and we hade the best crop of youngsters since beckham, scoles giggs etc..., just a thought

Not sure i'd agree we had some decent stuff to watch before the break? Maybe not as drab as before, maybe just less crap, but still crap imo. I also dont think we can keep watching that same crap in the off chance we might have a decent side in a couple of years time if the kids come good.

He's being judged on what he's done since arriving, and thats not good. He's being judged on his tactics, and thats not good. He's being judged on his motivational skills, and again thats not good.

He's also being judged on what he did in the summer, something he could have cleared up with one interview, but didn't. And that was not good.

He's dull as dishwater, does not sell the club to the fans, spends too many days away from the training ground, and couldn't be less committed to the club if he tried.

I'm staggered the club still employ him.

Can anyone who still supports him, tell us anything he has done thats been good, just one thing?

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Just a thought thats been boincing around my head for many a month now, pushed way to the back because the the thought of it makes me sick, and how could someone do something like this to our club, but here it is.

After the embarrising way that both CC and the club delt with Brum and Forrest chasing CC as their assistant manager, has, and i suppose it depends on how pissed off you think that CC was after hibs dug their heels in over the situation, do you think that CC has in anyway engineered less than satisfactory displays on the pitch/results etc, with his (in my opinion) sometimes baffeling team selections and formations, to engineer his sacking/mutually consented (with a payoff) end to his position at hibs? food for thought.

I cant deny the same thought have run through my mind many times.

SmokieJoe
19-10-2011, 03:54 PM
I cant deny the same thought have run through my mind many times.

Another thing that leads me to that conclusion is, CC played in the EPL,the last time scotland qualified for the euro's and world cup, so how is it possible that a CH with such accolades cannot organise a back 4 at club level in scotland's top flight? or was he well managed and well lead on and off the pitch?

HibsMax
19-10-2011, 03:58 PM
It's interesting that the majority of those saying we should stick with CC seem to have only one argument, and that is that we have been through too many managers in recent years - so the underlying reason to keep him seems to be that we should stick with him not because he has shown that he is in any way a decent manager who will eventually get things right, but rather that even though he is an obvious dud, we should keep him, because sacking another manager might make us look bad!!
I don't know if you are referring to anyone in particular but that is absolutely not the case I am making at all. I don't care how we look, I care about what is best for the team. My suggestion, not guarantee, is that perhaps if we stick with ONE man long enough we might be able to build a team around consistency. I think that chopping and changing is bad for the team.

Apparently we are a business, not just a football club - well businesses all over the world get rid of thousands of duff employees every week, because they realise that a particular person does'nt have it or just does'nt fit in and they need to be moved on - it's sad but true, because we live in the real world last time I looked.
There is no apparently about it, we ARE a business. You are right, companies do fire people who are incompetent but they also try and do what they can to prevent that from happening. I can't speak for your experiences but for me, firing has always been a last resort.

Anyway, I'm not really arguing with anyone over this, I'm just sticking to what I said earlier and that is the "Christmas timeframe" for all the reasons I've given already (that's what I said initially, give the club time to line someone else up, etc.)

HibsMax
19-10-2011, 04:00 PM
I think you are right. Its a few short weeks till Xmas. If things have not picked up considerably in the next few weeks, CC can have absolutely no complaints that time wasn't given and the fans in retrospect, could not argue whether he'd been given a fair crack of the whip. The board will have stretched the fans' patience to the very limit but they too should be satisfied that in doing so, there was no alternative but to let him go. Being positive, if things pick up and we start to show what we're made of, I think we'd want to review again in the summer. A year of terrible form should not just be swept under the carpet unless it is very clear we've turned a corner and all this was some kind of nightmare.

That's me being reasonable - I'm equally given to thinking he's already had too much time. So I just don't know.

Even if he is replaced, I have very little faith the Board know a good manager if he came and knocked on their door and handed them a CV.

We, the fans (collectively) have been unable to agree upon ONE man for the job. Many names have been thrown in the mix but not one has met with universal approval. I don't remember the exact number but I don't even think there was a runaway favourite. Strachan, maybe.

HibsMax
19-10-2011, 04:03 PM
I made a similar undertaking to refrain from making any judgements until Calderwood's new signings had a chance to settle, but for me the time to assess is now - having completed the first phase of league fixtures.

I have remained unimpressed by results so far but was particularly dismayed by the total non-performance of the team against Motherwell and that's what's been the turning point for me personally. I know Motherwell are playing well but they were helped by a display of inept doziness in the first half which could easily have seen us 3 or 4 down - Calderwood can try to blame the players but he's the guy who picked the team and set them out and who's responsible for making sure they're fully motivated come match day - triple fail from what I could see!

Maybe there's some master plan which just needs to click into place but I'm struggling to see it and think there's a great contender for the role waiting in the wings in Michael O'Neill. He won't be there forever though, which makes me think we should cut our losses sooner rather than later and make our move.

Can't argue with that. I felt the same way about the Motherwell game. Almost. I actually thought that we played better in the second half and could have snatched something from the game (and to ward off more green-tinted glasses response, yes, Motherwell could have sealed up the game also).

OK, I can argue with one little thing. :) Calderwood can blame the players. He is the man behind the curtain but it's not his fault his players can't get the basics right.

SmokieJoe
19-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't know if you are referring to anyone in particular but that is absolutely not the case I am making at all. I don't care how we look, I care about what is best for the team. My suggestion, not guarantee, is that perhaps if we stick with ONE man long enough we might be able to build a team around consistency. I think that chopping and changing is bad for the team.

There is no apparently about it, we ARE a business. You are right, companies do fire people who are incompetent but they also try and do what they can to prevent that from happening. I can't speak for your experiences but for me, firing has always been a last resort.

Anyway, I'm not really arguing with anyone over this, I'm just sticking to what I said earlier and that is the "Christmas timeframe" for all the reasons I've given already (that's what I said initially, give the club time to line someone else up, etc.)

I agree HibsMax, i have said on this very thread, and for a year generally:agree:

HibsMax
19-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I agree HibsMax, i have said on this very thread, and for a year generally:agree:

Admins please confirm that SmokieJoe and I ARE different posters. :wink:

Captain Trips
19-10-2011, 05:37 PM

I have to disagree on the 1yr deals, I think it is a massive problem regardless if they work out or not, If 1 or 3 are any good which has been case we lose them as they do not wish to stay ok if they are cr@p then it works out but we cant sign players in short deals in case they dont work out. The manger and the board needed to bring in players whom are willing to sign on for 2/3 yrs, yes we can argue that good players wont sign for longer well we are not even signing good ones for 1yr.

I accept we need some loans or short deals but those have to be true quality like GOC, IMO the whole setup is a shambles, there is nothing I can see as good having to make lots of changes every pre season.

Paisley Hibby
19-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Not sure i'd agree we had some decent stuff to watch before the break? Maybe not as drab as before, maybe just less crap, but still crap imo. I also dont think we can keep watching that same crap in the off chance we might have a decent side in a couple of years time if the kids come good.

He's being judged on what he's done since arriving, and thats not good. He's being judged on his tactics, and thats not good. He's being judged on his motivational skills, and again thats not good.

He's also being judged on what he did in the summer, something he could have cleared up with one interview, but didn't. And that was not good.

He's dull as dishwater, does not sell the club to the fans, spends too many days away from the training ground, and couldn't be less committed to the club if he tried.

Can anyone who still supports him, tell us anything he has done thats been good, just one thing?

Great post - agree with you 100% :top marks

HibsMax
19-10-2011, 06:11 PM
I have to disagree on the 1yr deals, I think it is a massive problem regardless if they work out or not, If 1 or 3 are any good which has been case we lose them as they do not wish to stay ok if they are cr@p then it works out but we cant sign players in short deals in case they dont work out. The manger and the board needed to bring in players whom are willing to sign on for 2/3 yrs, yes we can argue that good players wont sign for longer well we are not even signing good ones for 1yr.

I accept we need some loans or short deals but those have to be true quality like GOC, IMO the whole setup is a shambles, there is nothing I can see as good having to make lots of changes every pre season.

but what if we sign someone for 3 years and they turn out to be mince? There are pros and cons for both long and short term deals. The ideal situation is that we bring in players of known quality on long-term contracts and that they perform well for us.

If we focus only on the negatives then it's a lose-lose situation:
we sign a player on a short-term deal, he plays great and then he leaves - lose
we sign a player on a long-term deal, he plays pants and we're stuck with him - lose

Captain Trips
19-10-2011, 06:18 PM
but what if we sign someone for 3 years and they turn out to be mince? There are pros and cons for both long and short term deals. The ideal situation is that we bring in players of known quality on long-term contracts and that they perform well for us.

If we focus only on the negatives then it's a lose-lose situation:
we sign a player on a short-term deal, he plays great and then he leaves - lose
we sign a player on a long-term deal, he plays pants and we're stuck with him - lose

What if we sign a player whom is actually good for 3 years? IMO it is always the way to go, if we are signing players on deals in case dont work out then people are not doing job correctly. Players should be here for more than a season with a few players 2 or 3 on loan or short contract.

HibsMax
19-10-2011, 06:29 PM
What if we sign a player whom is actually good for 3 years? IMO it is always the way to go, if we are signing players on deals in case dont work out then people are not doing job correctly. Players should be here for more than a season with a few players 2 or 3 on loan or short contract.

The point I was making is that we don't know if a player is going to play well for us or not so offering a longer term contract exposes the club to more risk. Hibs don't have the clout to make Big Name signings that are guaranteed to produce what we need for 3 years. People were creaming over Hart when he signed. Not so much any more.

What you suggest, the bit in bold, is the ideal situation but I don't know how you expect Hibs to pull that rabbit out of the hat.

connerg
19-10-2011, 06:38 PM

:agree: Has crossed my mind too. He applied for the job but Yogi got it, so you would think he was keen to become Hibs manager!
What has changed so much in his mind in a fairly small space of time?

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2011, 06:43 PM
At this rate of 'progress' we could feasibly be challenging for a top six place in about five years time. But if we slip back, it could be the first division title.

mcfly
19-10-2011, 06:57 PM

Results .... very poor

We are rubbish

if you think we are playing better than 1 year ago please watch the highlights from sat on the bbc website.

If it wasnt for stack it would have been 5 or 6 and CC would have been gone by 5pm.

We are not better, he now has his own players in and they are just as bad, players played out of position, are they fit?? are they interested??

i dont know what is wrong but id encourage all shareholders to ask the right questions at the AGM on 8th november.

My worry is this board will sell Garry OConnor in Jan and who will score the goals then.

if things stay the same i fear for us this season

silverhibee
19-10-2011, 07:41 PM
How many days of the week is he working for Hibs?

Well the players are in six days a week, they get Wednesday of, so i would expect the manager to be in six days as well, but he is not.

silverhibee
19-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Pizzas

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2011, 07:44 PM

Don't support him, but 3-0 at Ibrox was reasonably acceptable.

hibs0666
19-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Well the players are in six days a week, they get Wednesday of, so i would expect the manager to be in six days as well, but he is not.

Why would you expect that? I would expect coaching and fitness staff to be in every day but not the manager.

oldbiker
19-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Why would you expect that? I would expect coaching and fitness staff to be in every day but not the manager.

Most companies would expect the boss in 6 days a week if they were in deep brown stuff so he should be in trying to sort it

silverhibee
19-10-2011, 08:11 PM

Well he should be there, his team is in a mess and he should be spending every hour he has fixing it.

hibs0666
19-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Most companies would expect the boss in 6 days a week if they were in deep brown stuff so he should be in trying to sort it

How does he scout new players then?

Northernhibee
19-10-2011, 09:09 PM
How does he scout new players then?

Why the **** should he be scouting new players when his current squad are only playing to about 30% of their abilities?

Stop WUMming, give us your opinion on how to turn our team around (as you always seem to avoid doing) as opposed to bickering with others who have things they'd want to see to show commitment toturning our team around.

nortonhibby
19-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Don't support him, but 3-0 at Ibrox was reasonably acceptable.
Anything else spring to mind in a years work ?

Hibs On Tour
19-10-2011, 10:07 PM
On the subject of contract lengths:

1 year deals, pish for a wide variety of reasons. If someone works out [which is what we all hope] after 6 months they can sign for anyone else on a pre-contract. Or we lose them for nothing at the end of their contract.

2-3 year deals, far better. If someone works out, we can either extend/improve their contract - i.e. we have options. If other clubs are interested, at worst we would potentially receive some decent sum for the player. If they don't work out, chances are that most of them can be shipped onto other clubs further down the chain [as I don't advocate paying players top dollar - we need to be targetting players who have either 'lost their way' and not fulfilled some early promise, haven't had their careers progress as they thought they would and need a shop window or experienced pros who want a 'last hurrah' as a main player on the step to coaching/management - contracts structured so bonuses reward results]

Most importantly, longer deals breed stability. Players learn how each other play, particularly positionally, particularly in defence and attack. Managers get to have a team to mould and develop. They get time to implement strategies and for players to adapt to these.

Name one successful team that fills their first eleven with players on 1-year deals?...

nortonhibby
19-10-2011, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=Hibs On Tour;2951499]On the subject of contract lengths:

1 year deals, pish for a wide variety of reasons. If someone works out [which is what we all hope] after 6 months they can sign for anyone else on a pre-contract. Or we lose them for nothing at the end of their contract.

2-3 year deals, far better. If someone works out, we can either extend/improve their contract - i.e. we have options. If other clubs are interested, at worst we would potentially receive some decent sum for the player. If they don't work out, chances are that most of them can be shipped onto other clubs further down the chain [as I don't advocate paying players top dollar - we need to be targetting players who have either 'lost their way' and not fulfilled some early promise, haven't had their careers progress as they thought they would and need a shop window or experienced pros who want a 'last hurrah' as a main player on the step to coaching/management - contracts structured so bonuses reward results]

Its in RPs Blood the man is a Misor every penny counts, we need change he turned his back on JC Its been down hill since and its rolling downhill faster now. CC Will go we all know that, but RP Until he goes the ball will keep rolling down hill taxi please:taxi

nortonhibby
19-10-2011, 10:50 PM
We need someone back now who can save us http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3880271/Big-trouble-in-China-for-Riordan.html:flag:

The Harp Awakes
19-10-2011, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=Hibs On Tour;2951499]On the subject of contract lengths:

Its in RPs Blood the man is a Misor every penny counts, we need change he turned his back on JC Its been down hill since and its rolling downhill faster now. CC Will go we all know that, but RP Until he goes the ball will keep rolling down hill taxi please:taxi

Nail on the head for me. JC's ambition for Hibs wasn't matched by the Board and we are now in for mediocrity (or even worse) for the forseeable future. CC is another failed appointment but I'm not sure Alex Ferguson would be able to sort us out with the current Board at the helm. We are destined to continue to be one of the biggest underachievers in Scottish football unless there is a complete change of direction/outlook/ambition by the people that run our Club.

SurferRosa
19-10-2011, 11:42 PM
The point I was making is that we don't know if a player is going to play well for us or not so offering a longer term contract exposes the club to more risk. Hibs don't have the clout to make Big Name signings that are guaranteed to produce what we need for 3 years. People were creaming over Hart when he signed. Not so much any more.

What you suggest, the bit in bold, is the ideal situation but I don't know how you expect Hibs to pull that rabbit out of the hat.

But is it not the job of a decent manager, coaches and scouting staff tae find talent, identify potential and sign it up on a 3 or 4 or more year deal......not tae say " we dinnae know if he`s any good, he might be p**h, so a 1 yr deal is all he`s gettin..."

They dont have tae be "big name" signings......they just have tae be the right ones. If they`re not, then surely that is the fault of the manager and his staff.......

Phil MaGlass
20-10-2011, 10:33 AM
We need someone back now who can save us http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3880271/Big-trouble-in-China-for-Riordan.html:flag:

His attitude stinks there just as it did at ER, no thanks, typical Scots mentality not prepared to pull up their socks. Take a look at all the African players all over Europe, all prepared to bust a gut and put twice more effort and time into their game to become better players, Scots players cannae dae that. Piss poor attitudes from diet to training.
Again no thanks.

smurf
20-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Well he should be there, his team is in a mess and he should be spending every hour he has fixing it.

Exactly.

hibs0666
20-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Why the **** should he be scouting new players when his current squad are only playing to about 30% of their abilities?

Stop WUMming, give us your opinion on how to turn our team around (as you always seem to avoid doing) as opposed to bickering with others who have things they'd want to see to show commitment toturning our team around.

Calm down love. :thumbsup:

I've said already what I hope is see happening, but I'll repreat it again just for you. :wink:

Sure, yet another sacking might make the punters like Northernhibee feel a wee bit better about things in the short term but that will be pretty much the extent of the upside. Of itself it will make hee-haw difference.

hibs0666
20-10-2011, 10:47 AM

The transfer window open in 60 days. I hope that Calderwood is spending some time away form the club identifying players that to bring in.

IWasThere2016
20-10-2011, 10:50 AM

I've said already what I hope is see happening, but I'll repreat it again just for you. :wink:

Sure, yet another sacking might make the punters like Northernhibee feel a wee bit better about things in the short term but that will be pretty much the extent of the upside. Of itself it will make hee-haw difference.

:top marks

Time to look forward - we cannot go on the way we have on recent years - and make changes to reverse the trend since 2006/07.

HibsMax
20-10-2011, 02:36 PM
But is it not the job of a decent manager, coaches and scouting staff tae find talent, identify potential and sign it up on a 3 or 4 or more year deal......not tae say " we dinnae know if he`s any good, he might be p**h, so a 1 yr deal is all he`s gettin..."

They dont have tae be "big name" signings......they just have tae be the right ones. If they`re not, then surely that is the fault of the manager and his staff.......

Yes, it is the team's responsibility to identify the right men but my point was that there is an inherent risk there. Sometimes the right men don't work out. That's the risk I am talking about - players who play well elsewhere but not at Hibs.

I would much rather we sign players on longer term deals as well. I HATE us being used as a shop window.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes, it is the team's responsibility to identify the right men but my point was that there is an inherent risk there. Sometimes the right men don't work out. That's the risk I am talking about - players who play well elsewhere but not at Hibs.

I would much rather we sign players on longer term deals as well. I HATE us being used as a shop window.

I wonder how many players signed 1 year deals, or even wouldnt sign for us after listening to our managers interviews in the summer?

HibsMax
20-10-2011, 03:28 PM
I wonder how many players signed 1 year deals, or even wouldnt sign for us after listening to our managers interviews in the summer?

To me that was the biggest of the problems we faced. I don't have a number but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one player that might have been interested in joining Hibs chose to look elsewhere because of this summer's fiasco.

silverhibee
20-10-2011, 04:44 PM
The transfer window open in 60 days. I hope that Calderwood is spending some time away form the club identifying players that to bring in.

He has spent enough time away from the club, time for him to concentrate on the job in hand.

Cropley10
20-10-2011, 05:14 PM

So because we've changed Managers a lot recently we have to stick with CC?

And as we keep on losing and ER get steadily more empty we continue to stick with CC?

The problem is Collins and Mixu's departures now look hasty. It's not the fact we've changed so often it's who we've now got in charge.

I'm of the view that CC is now part of the problem not the solution. Roll on the AGM.

PaulSmith
20-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Hibs TV: "So Colin, your quoted as saying that the players didn't perform against Motherwell to the same levels as you see them training during the week. What have you done this week to rectify this"

Colin- "Nothing"

Captain Trips
20-10-2011, 05:37 PM

Time to look forward - we cannot go on the way we have on recent years - and make changes to reverse the trend since 2006/07.

What a springboard that was just won cup, then got in several big fees after that in Brown etc. How Hibs have manged 4th once since then and not only that finished in bottom six more than once is frankly a joke, I thought it would be harder to **** it up than be a success, what a total shambles the club has been in and looks like still in.

There is a cup to build on and over £6m in fees for players the results 3 managers and -6th,6th,4th,10th, sprinkle in some shocking cup exits and you are having a laugh with that record Hibs, Dear John time for you all.

HibsMax
20-10-2011, 05:49 PM

I think the point here, and this is my own interpretation, is that we've tried changing managers many times and we've seen no improvement. This leaves us with two choices:
1. continue to keep changing managers, or
2. stick with the guy we have currently

Are there other options I am missing here?

I'm not saying that we should find the crappiest manager we can and stick with him but until we can find a qualified man who is prepared to take over and shake things up then I don't see the advantage of switching managers again.

For all we know Hibs have been actively looking around to see if they can find THE man but I wouldn't expect to hear about it if they are. Some business has to be conducted on the down low (as opposed to in hotel lobbies). It's all well and good everyone shouting for Colin's head on a stick but there has to be a Part II to that plan. That being, who comes in next? Who do we target? Who even wants the job? I said it before, the managerial position at Hibs is a poisoned chalice.

EasterRoad4Ever
20-10-2011, 05:59 PM
On the subject of contract lengths:

Most importantly, longer deals breed stability. Players learn how each other play, particularly positionally, particularly in defence and attack. Managers get to have a team to mould and develop. They get time to implement strategies and for players to adapt to these.

Name one successful team that fills their first eleven with players on 1-year deals?...

You just get the feeling that Hibernian FC lack confidence, drive and balls from top to toe. Short terms deals for players is a cop out most of the time. Ok there will be the odd player who dictates the 1 yr deal (e.g. GOC) as they expect to more on to bigger things, but all the others is just a sad reflection of a rudderless (sadly not Rodder-less) club that has completely lost its way on the footballing front. The Board has been so far up its own arse micro managing the finances that it has completely forgotten how to run a football club - or more likely just avoiding the subject as they know SFA about it.

If Hibs was a bank, the regulator would be all over us demanding changes to our core business, and the shareholders would be rightly asking pokey questions about the Directors and their ability to run the company.

Thecat23
20-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Honestly this is getting ridiculous. I don't care how many managers we go through to find the right man. CC should be sacked, his over all recored shows this. In one year the football under him has been brutal to put it mildly. But there is a simple thing Hibs could do. Stop going for the cheap option out there. Lets get a manager in whether its Strachan or Davies and for the record i'd take JJ as he knows how to set a team up that's heard to beat. Yeah he's a dirty ****bo, big deal? He would be focused on us. Anyway Petrie needs to walk too and we need huge changes at board level. I'm not to sure is STF is actually looking for a buyer because surely there must be someone out there willing to take a club which has the foundations already put in place to be the 3rd biggest in Scotland. Right now we are know where near that and it's the boards fault. Sack CC, Bin most of the board of not all and get a manager that's not cheap. Do this the fans will come back because after all we want to watch FOOTBALL NOT HOOFBALL.

HibsMax
20-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Honestly this is getting ridiculous. I don't care how many managers we go through to find the right man. CC should be sacked, his over all recored shows this. In one year the football under him has been brutal to put it mildly. But there is a simple thing Hibs could do. Stop going for the cheap option out there. Lets get a manager in whether its Strachan or Davies and for the record i'd take JJ as he knows how to set a team up that's heard to beat. Yeah he's a dirty ****bo, big deal? He would be focused on us. Anyway Petrie needs to walk too and we need huge changes at board level. I'm not to sure is STF is actually looking for a buyer because surely there must be someone out there willing to take a club which has the foundations already put in place to be the 3rd biggest in Scotland. Right now we are know where near that and it's the boards fault. Sack CC, Bin most of the board of not all and get a manager that's not cheap. Do this the fans will come back because after all we want to watch FOOTBALL NOT HOOFBALL.

I doesn't matter what changes are made at the club, IF the results and performances stay the same as they are right now then the fans will NOT come back.

Spending more money is not a guarantee of a reversal of fortune.

Who says that any high profile / non-cheap option manager would want to manage Hibs in the first place?

For what it's worth, I agree with you about JJ. If he could do a job for us then I would take him in a heartbeat. We're not really in a position to pick and choose who we want based on history.

Thecat23
20-10-2011, 07:33 PM
I doesn't matter what changes are made at the club, IF the results and performances stay the same as they are right now then the fans will NOT come back.

Spending more money is not a guarantee of a reversal of fortune.

Who says that any high profile / non-cheap option manager would want to manage Hibs in the first place?

For what it's worth, I agree with you about JJ. If he could do a job for us then I would take him in a heartbeat. We're not really in a position to pick and choose who we want based on history.

I was meaning if we get a good manager, and that's a big if as like you said, they may not want to come. But I do think, a winning team brings in the fans. I'm at the stage that lets push the boat out to get a good manager who's willing and get Hibs back to basics. The ball should do the hard work not spend most of the 90 mins in the air. We're in big bother with CC in charge so let's just get on with sacking him.

nortonhibby
20-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Nice idea however we have just posted a 900k loss CC Is on a long contract i heard it wil cost 350k to get rid money we do not have.
Plus a new manager more money and a new team how much would that cost, we have to face facts financially we are where we are and we simply cannot afford to be rid of CC.
:confused:

Captain Trips
20-10-2011, 10:09 PM
This is what its all about for me 100%, how the people involved at Hibs have managed to take us so far away from this is shocking, you get us there and then you just **** it right up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8

hibs0666
20-10-2011, 11:44 PM

Nope - the point I'm making is that because we've changed managers so much to no avail that it suggests that the manager may well not be the issue. CC will no doubt be emptied at some point soon. My point is that it will not make much difference.

Craig_in_Prague
21-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Michael O'Neil has a part time Irish side competing well against decent european sides.

He must be a candidate once CC finally is punted (sooner rather than later one would hope).

We need a manager to come in on day one and tell these unfit lazy wee lambs that they are going to be worked hard, but fair, are going to play good football and ensure they deliver what a club like Hibernian should. Anyone not wanting to be part of a spirited side that is willing to fight for the cause, can leave now and join Petrie for tea in his nice house. Easter Road will be a place teams do not fancy coming too.

Until CC is gone, I won't watch, listen or care about Hibs games.

The club is more important/bigger than RP, CC and current players, So I'm just hoping a year from now we can look back and say thank god we've moved on and we have a team to enjoy, be proud of and finally be a team others don't love playing in the SPL.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Nope - the point I'm making is that because we've changed managers so much to no avail that it suggests that the manager may well not be the issue. CC will no doubt be emptied at some point soon. My point is that it will not make much difference.

I believe the right man WILL make a difference. There are clubs in our league making us look like a bunch of drunks on leith links the way they run and pass the ball around us. So this argument (not yours) that we cant afford to sack him is rubbish. Motherwell spend nowhere near what we do, and even after sacking clueless, and hopefully employing the right man, we'd still be spending more than them.

The problem is getting the right man, and we know how hard thats been for the present board.

Golden Bear
21-10-2011, 09:06 AM
A classic quote from CC in today's Press:-

"I think winning football brings people back. There's nothing better than a three quarter full stadium moaning at winning football that isn't attractive"

I'm not sure what to make of that.

:hmmm:

sidjames
21-10-2011, 09:16 AM
So a football manager under contract has no performance related clauses? None? They can blunder away unless sacked and recompensed for failure. Is that really how it works?

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 09:18 AM
So a football manager under contract has no performance related clauses? None? They can blunder away unless sacked and recompensed for failure. Is that really how it works?

:agree: ridiculous eh.

matty_f
21-10-2011, 09:25 AM
A classic quote from CC in today's Press:-"I think winning football brings people back. There's nothing better than a three quarter full stadium moaning at winning football that isn't attractive"I'm not sure what to make of that.:hmmm:Unfortunately, it reads to me that CC doesn't equate attractive football with winning football. Way to entice the fans back, Colin!

sidjames
21-10-2011, 09:30 AM
:agree: ridiculous eh.

Totally. I bet there are bonus clauses, a right waste of words that has been though!

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately, it reads to me that CC doesn't equate attractive football with winning football. Way to entice the fans back, Colin!

Me too, and it begs the question. Did this present board actually interview this man before they appointed him? Did they ask him what style he'd like to play, was he capable of getting his team to play attractive football. Do they know our history, or what we the fans would like to see each week?

Although to balance things out, i'd accept a winning team at easter road, the problem being under this dullard its a shame its always the opposition.

BEEJ
21-10-2011, 09:34 AM
There will be performance related clauses.

A Manager's contract will make provision for bonuses tied into the achievement of certain performance standards in a season (e.g. top 6; European qualification; Cup semi; Cup final etc). If none of those are achieved he earns just his basic salary.

But no Manager currently would sign a contract which automatically saw him turfed out the door with no recompense if his team finished in the bottom six of the SPL.

smurf
21-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately, it reads to me that CC doesn't equate attractive football with winning football. Way to entice the fans back, Colin!

He can do neither.

Attractive football? X

Winning football? X

Enticing fans back? X

And they are not kisses...

Captain Trips
21-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Me too, and it begs the question. Did this present board actually interview this man before they appointed him? Did they ask him what style he'd like to play, was he capable of getting his team to play attractive football. Do they know our history, or what we the fans would like to see each week?

Although to balance things out, i'd accept a winning team at easter road, the problem being under this dullard its a shame its always the opposition.

I am sure CC would have said all the right things at interview, unfortunatly he said yes. It really is Steelers Wheel at ER with the fans stuck in middle, BH I think you and I discussed that CC was a big mistake after a few months and got told to behave, I really wish Hibs dealt with him then and dealt with themselves, how can Hibs make such a cock of things so many times?

smurf
21-10-2011, 09:44 AM

I remember when he was appointed and he gave the interviews etc after being unveiled. His comments on his style of football appeared to be at odds with the clubs mission statement on the style of football.

Not long after a brother in law phoned me to warn me of how awful he was and his brand of football was at his team Notts Forest.

To be honest first and foremost what I want is winning football so at first I wasn't too alarmed or concerned at what I was told. But what we have is awful losing football.

Captain Trips
21-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Giving a manager time is also an issue, IMO I do not think if CC had 5yrs and a lot more money he would be right, he is simply a bad manager we will just stumble about and waste yet another season in our time watching Hibs, aye great to have a future plan (which I do not see at the moment) but folk are paying good money now, that is the job at the club be successful now whilst looking forward, seems we are not managing either.

I am not interested in saying in 20yrs we went through some p1sh to be where we are now Son, they need to be good now and in future.

hibs0666
21-10-2011, 10:07 AM
I believe the right man WILL make a difference. There are clubs in our league making us look like a bunch of drunks on leith links the way they run and pass the ball around us. So this argument (not yours) that we cant afford to sack him is rubbish. Motherwell spend nowhere near what we do, and even after sacking clueless, and hopefully employing the right man, we'd still be spending more than them.

The problem is getting the right man, and we know how hard thats been for the present board.

You think? Take Mixu for example and consider the level at which Mixu is now managing. Our know-f!*k-alls had his number early doors and the rest is history - they even had him labelled as a long-ball merchant!

Then, as some sort of justification, the Mixup-merchants say that he learned the job after leaving Hibs. The implication they seem to miss is that this means that managers are not permitted to makes mistakes and learn the trade at the Mighty Hibernians. This is what any new manager is up against.

As a support I doubt that we are mature enough to give a manager time to get the job done - we even call our managers things like Mixup and Clueless! When the next guy comes in and there's no evidence of a dead-mans bounce then the whole sorry cycle of criticism abuse will kick-off again. It's so depressingly predictable.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 10:36 AM
You think? Take Mixu for example and consider the level at which Mixu is now managing. Our know-f!*k-alls had his number early doors and the rest is history - they even had him labelled as a long-ball merchant!

Then, as some sort of justification, the Mixup-merchants say that he learned the job after leaving Hibs. The implication they seem to miss is that this means that managers are not permitted to makes mistakes and learn the trade at the Mighty Hibernians. This is what any new manager is up against.

As a support I doubt that we are mature enough to give a manager time to get the job done - we even call our managers things like Mixup and Clueless! When the next guy comes in and there's no evidence of a dead-mans bounce then the whole sorry cycle of criticism abuse will kick-off again. It's so depressingly predictable.

Yes i do think!!! You pick one manager from all the managers who have been crap. Why not pick Mowbray or McLeish, who made instant progress, no you pick a manager who himself said he had to go away and learn more about the game.

How successful has collins or Hughes or even blobby been since leaving Hibs? You say nothing will change, yet things did change dramatically for the better when Mowbray and McLeish wer appointed, who's to say it wouldn't under any new man?

Stevie Reid
21-10-2011, 10:40 AM

Paatelainen openly stated that he spent a year away studying other teams training methods and style of play before getting the Killie job, and had a fundamental change in his philosophy. The football he had Killie playing would not have happened without that break, and therefore such football would not have happened at Hibs - if he had a similar philosophy when he took over, it would have been implemented then, given that he had just followed Mowbray and Collins into the job and we had a squad who tried (and latterly failed after some incredible performances and the cup win) to play that style of football anyway.

Paatelainen earned the right to have another season with us through results and league position, but the football on display was awful for most of his second season, and the punters were turning away. Mixu did bring positives to Hibs - a well organised defence, a big, physical presence which meant that we could not be bullied, and some quality signings; not to mention a decent derby record - but there was still a feeling that we were underachieving which hasn't changed in the times since his departure, especially when you look at the quality that we had up front when he was here.

The abuse and disrespect dished out by some supporters is entirely classless and completely unnecessary, and there were people who got on his back to early - but even in the current context, we cannot make out his tenure to be something that it wasn't. The lack of cup runs in his reign, especially losing at home to Morton and that dreadful home defeat to Hearts in the Scottish pushed a lot of people over the edge when the football was as dire as it was, and our home form was so poor. The home defeat to ICT when he played 5 up front and no midfield was unbelievably inept, and going to ER was a grim experience.

Of course things are far, far worse now, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't right for Mixu and Yogi to go when they did. I would have been interested to see who Mixu brought in during his second close season but it seems like Petrie forced his hand by saying that his budget would be next to nothing, and Mixu left - and I was far from disappointed when he did. I'm delighted that his footballing philosophy and status as a manager has changed dramatically, Mixu is a Hibs legend for me and I will always be grateful to him for his service to Hibs - but I can't shut out the bad performances (if not necessarily the results, which I do wish we were getting now) that we suffered under him.

I've said this before, Mixu's Hibs team would absolutely wipe the floor with the current bunch - but it would be the worst game of football you will ever see.

HFC 0-7
21-10-2011, 10:58 AM

I dont get this, you say it as if Mixu is managing some sort of big team. He is managing Finland! Finland are 78th in the world, behind the likes of Uzbekistan. Lets not make out that Mixu is some sort of manager genius that we missed out on because we never gave him time. Finland are not brilliant and he was probably more appealing to them because he is Finnish. Lets not forget, just because you manage a national side, it doesnt automatically mean you are any good - Berti vogts!

PeeJay
21-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I dont get this, you say it as if Mixu is managing some sort of big team. He is managing Finland! Finland are 78th in the world, behind the likes of Uzbekistan. Lets not make out that Mixu is some sort of manager genius that we missed out on because we never gave him time. Finland are not brilliant and he was probably more appealing to them because he is Finnish. Lets not forget, just because you manage a national side, it doesnt automatically mean you are any good - Berti vogts!

Maybe you should leave Bertie Vogts out of this: he won the European Championship with Germany - if that's not a sign of a "good" manager what is?

hibs0666
21-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Yes i do think!!! You pick one manager from all the managers who have been crap. Why not pick Mowbray or McLeish, who made instant progress, no you pick a manager who himself said he had to go away and learn more about the game.

How successful has collins or Hughes or even blobby been since leaving Hibs? You say nothing will change, yet things did change dramatically for the better when Mowbray and McLeish wer appointed, who's to say it wouldn't under any new man?

These managers worked under completely different circumstances. Much as people hate to admit it, Williamson had already laid the foundations for Mowbray's team, and had of course taken the usual abuse in which us Hibs supporters specialise. That's not to say that Mowbray made some smashing signings to add to those foundations, but he had a (relatively) excellent base from which to push on.

The idea that there was instant progress under McLeish is just plain wrong. In his 12 matches in charge in the first season we won 2 and were relegated! Then, during the Great Adventure, things had not started that well, and it wasn't until Mixu came in that results started to improve. Then, when we got promoted, the team won only 1 game of the first 12 of the season!

I'll say again - simply changing a manager of itself is not going to make much of a difference.

silverhibee
21-10-2011, 11:15 AM
A classic quote from CC in today's Press:-

"I think winning football brings people back. There's nothing better than a three quarter full stadium moaning at winning football that isn't attractive"

I'm not sure what to make of that.

:hmmm:

It will take him a miracle to get a three quarter full stadium.

The quicker wee are shot of this man the better.

hibs0666
21-10-2011, 11:18 AM

Are you saying Mixu is a crap manager?

down the slope
21-10-2011, 11:19 AM
These managers worked under completely different circumstances. Much as people hate to admit it, Williamson had already laid the foundations for Mowbray's team, and had of course taken the usual abuse in which us Hibs supporters specialise. That's not to say that Mowbray made some smashing signings to add to those foundations, but he had a (relatively) excellent base from which to push on.

The idea that there was instant progress under McLeish is just plain wrong. In his 12 matches in charge in the first season we won 2 and were relegated! Then, during the Great Adventure, things had not started that well, and it wasn't until Mixu came in that results started to improve. Then, when we got promoted, the team won only 1 game of the first 12 of the season!

I'll say again - simply changing a manager of itself is not going to make much of a difference.

I think you are wrong there, those of us old enough to remember when Turnbull took over will tell you that when someone has vision and common sense allied to a deep knowledge of the game it can have a dramatic difference. The trouble is that we have a man at the helm who is a good accountant but knows the square root of f all about football, just check out his latest statement where he again backs CC to be the man !.

BEEJ
21-10-2011, 11:28 AM
These managers worked under completely different circumstances. Much as people hate to admit it, Williamson had already laid the foundations for Mowbray's team, and had of course taken the usual abuse in which us Hibs supporters specialise.
But fortunately departed before he could complete that imaginative swap deal of Riordan and Brown(?) in exchange for some second-rate centre-half from the Highlands.

Northernhibee
21-10-2011, 11:55 AM
A classic quote from CC in today's Press:-"I think winning football brings people back. There's nothing better than a three quarter full stadium moaning at winning football that isn't attractive"I'm not sure what to make of that.:hmmm:I know what to make of it!Taxi for Blunderwood!

FromTheCapital
21-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I'd give him until the end of the season or at least till January then you can look at a new manager.

Saorsa
21-10-2011, 12:14 PM
I'd give him until the end of the season or at least till January then you can look at a new manager.Aye, one tae get us out the 1st division.

Speedway
21-10-2011, 12:24 PM

He was being wide when he said this. He was saying that although winning football will get the fans back, they'll still find still find something else to whinge about if each goal doesn't come from 100 world cup passes in the build up, erses that they are.

He's right.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 12:59 PM
He was being wide when he said this. He was saying that although winning football will get the fans back, they'll still find still find something else to whinge about if each goal doesn't come from 100 world cup passes in the build up, erses that they are.

He's right.

I dont think he is right, and if he was being wide, perhaps the pressure is getting to him? He does have a nasty habit of telling the truth, yet suddenly now he gets wide, why would that be Colin?

Is telling the truth the best way to manage a club, if so why dont the board tell us how bad things are, why do they lie when telling us season tickets are not down by much, when they clearly are?

FWIW i think we'd all take a winning side, no matter what the fare was like, as long as we were winning. You can always add on the fancy bits later, i'm pretty sure those 10 000 fans who followed the yams to dundee that fatefull day in 86 wouldnt have given a toss how industrial their football was if the'd managed to win or even draw one more game.

His wide remarks are just another excuse for his losing streak, another excuse for NO PROGRESS since he arrived. How many more?

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Mare slavering from the clueless one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?blend=21&ob=5

Saorsa
21-10-2011, 04:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?blend=21&ob=5Who? Hughes or Calderwood? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Who? Hughes or Calderwood? :wink:

Does it matter anymore? :greengrin

silverhibee
21-10-2011, 05:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?blend=21&ob=5

CC," i like what i see" well your the only one Colin because what i see is tom kite.

:taxi

Baldy Foghorn
21-10-2011, 05:15 PM
CC," i like what i see" well your the only one Colin because what i see is tom kite.

What exactly is CC seeing?? The more he speaks, the more perplexed I become

Northernhibee
22-10-2011, 12:03 AM
What exactly is CC seeing?? The more he speaks, the more perplexed I become

I don't think that CC has made the move that will prove to be his downfall though - as soon as Yogi made the comment about fans expectations being too high, there was no way back for him.

CC talks ****, but aside from "the team is perfect" after the derby, he's not yet really made the move that will prove to be the rope he hangs himself with.

silverhibee
22-10-2011, 09:36 AM
More defeats on the way says clueless colin.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3884872/Caldo-is-not-at-a-loss-yet.html

Captain Trips
22-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Caldo said: "In the past six games we've only been second best in two of the halves."

Aye Magic Colin fantastic stat that, what next "we have held our own in every match we have played for the first 2mins"? "we could win SPL if we look at how things are inbetween 24thmin and 30th"

If I am reading his quote right is he basically saying we have only lost 2 halves out of last six?

We lost 2nd half v Pars, First half v Dundee Utd, 2nd half v Rangers, 1st Half v Mwell. I would suggest then been 2nd best in at least 4 halves.

KiddA
26-10-2011, 08:01 PM
As fans how do we get CC and Petrie out?:dunno:

A lot of fans have already decided to vote with there feet but surly Farmer has to come in now and shake things up.

Something has to be done I can't handle this sh##e anymore :bitchy:

B'Briggs Hibee
26-10-2011, 08:07 PM
.....Calderwood just leave. Please.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-10-2011, 08:08 PM
And take almost the entire team of non triers wi ye!

EasterRoad4Ever
26-10-2011, 08:12 PM

A lot of fans have already decided to vote with there feet but surly Farmer has to come in now and shake things up.

I had a FREE top-up ticket for tonight's game and couldn't be bothered going - for a League Cup quarter-final against the OF !!! THAT is how bad it has become watching Hibs at the moment - and has been going that way for the last 4 years ! Collapsing crowds is the ONLY way the arrogant Petrie and incompetent Board will take notice, and we will see any change. Change has been overdue for YEARS, but all dictators feel that they can do no wrong and are invincible - Petrie is no different.

weonlywon6-2
26-10-2011, 08:17 PM
.....Calderwood just leave. Please.

sadly weve been wanting this for a long time now,seems like ages and he is still here:rolleyes:

HIBEETILLIDIE
26-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Every shareholder should bust a gut to get to the AGM and demand answers as to why we have the unfittest team, no defenders, no tactics and a manager who clearly does not want to be here.

francobaresi
26-10-2011, 08:21 PM
To be fair we could have won it in the first half, but we didn't... They got their tactics spot on in the second half, we didn't... Let's move on to Saturday... Although I do fear another right shafting... We just don't have anything that will make us winners... The fact that I was in the house watching it says it all... Empty stadia by Christmas unless drastic action happens now... Grand designs for me... :-(

maximushibee
26-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Why oh why is that man still in charge 1 home win since february. 3wins all season simply not good enough. please mr calderwood please please please **** off before you do any more damage to this once proud club..

1st divisoin anyone because as of this moment in time that is our level even then we would struggle...

Irish_Steve
26-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Yep, who would be a manager - we could and should have been at least 2 or 3 up but is Griffith`s getting slated for missing relatively easy chances? I`m not happy with CC but if we had played in the second half the way we played in the first, we would be in the semi-final

3pm
...If we had one.

No leadership, no sense of responsibility.

Piss poor.

PaulSmith
Why oh why is that man still in charge 1 home win since february. 3wins all season simply not good enough. please mr calderwood please please please **** off before you do any more damage to this once proud club..

1st divisoin anyone because as of this moment in time that is our level even then we would struggle...

The Board's pride is the only thing keeping him.

mcfly
26-10-2011, 08:25 PM

ive said it before but this overpaid board who have appointed so many managers in the past, must be held to account.

hopefully at the AGM they will have a very uncomfortable night and desevedly so.

Protests may be the answer but for money men the answer is what you saw tonight empty stands.

B'Briggs Hibee
26-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Yep, who would be a manager - we could and should have been at least 2 or 3 up but is Griffith`s getting slated for missing relatively easy chances? I`m not happy with CC but if we had played in the second half the way we played in the first, we would be in the semi-final

If may auntie had baws she woould be my uncle. sorry my friend but we are a shambles.

skyehibee
26-10-2011, 08:26 PM

Correct, but surely the manager should be the one to get the players to not drop their performance like that at half time then? :confused:

Irish_Steve
26-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Correct but surely the manager should be the one to get the players to not drop their performance like that at half time then? :confused:

Do you seriously think he would have said "It`s Ok boys, this one`s in the bag"?? I think he would`ve told them to play the way you played in the first half!

nortonhibby
26-10-2011, 08:29 PM
He has now had more games in charge than the duffster with no light at the end of the tunnel the board seem to back him WHY ?:flag:

NthCarolinaHibs
26-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Him still being there, is way beyond me:confused:

Saorsa
26-10-2011, 08:35 PM
He has now had more games in charge than the duffster with no light at the end of the tunnel the board seem to back him WHY ?:flag:Petire desperately trying avoid another failure

Far too late, he should call CC a :taxi and then order one for himself :taxi

nortonhibby
26-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Him still being there, is way beyond me:confused:

he has 120k reasons per year that he likes to be here.:rolleyes:

B'Briggs Hibee
26-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Agree totally . Every day that goes by and i don't see a wee ticker on SSN saying Hibs sack Calderwood i get more disheartened. CC must have pictures of Petries wife cause it is mind boggling to the extent of laughable he is still in a job

Captain Trips
26-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I think the board know its a disaster but will hope he resigns as this won't do CC any favours if he wants another job and they think might get them off hook, who will fold first. Personally the whole lot should be sacked RP and co are a joke

Hibby 2005
26-10-2011, 08:37 PM
He will of course leave once his fully-deserved multi-million pay-off is agreed.

Jamesie
26-10-2011, 08:38 PM
He has now had more games in charge than the duffster with no light at the end of the tunnel the board seem to back him WHY ?:flag:

££££££££££££ I would imagine

Northernhibee
26-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Been thinking about how to show our disgust at the management of CC whilst stil having vocal support of the team.

Only thing I've come up with so far is a bit of a rip off of the thread about the Genk supporters, and it's singing "Let's pretend that, let's pretend that, let's pretend that Colin's sacked, let's pretend that Colin's sacked" before going mental, chanting Hibees - still cheering and making noise for the players, lets the board know that getting rid of that dour **** might get the cheer back into the crowd and is about a withering put-down of CC that I could think of.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Badge
26-10-2011, 08:52 PM

They missed more chances than we did in the first half. Griffiths was probably the best chance but they missed a good few too.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2011, 08:55 PM
It was the same team at the start of the 2nd half that played the full 1st half.
You CAN'T blame Calderwood for the collapse. the PLAYERS have got to take full responsibility

Gatecrasher
26-10-2011, 08:57 PM
a week give or take a few days till he's gone IMO

nortonhibby
26-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I think the board know its a disaster but will hope he resigns as this won't do CC any favours if he wants another job and they think might get them off hook, who will fold first. Personally the whole lot should be sacked RP and co are a joke
I Fear we must face another Jan Window and more pain.

ronaldo7
26-10-2011, 09:01 PM
It was the same team at the start of the 2nd half that played the full 1st half.
You CAN'T blame Calderwood for the collapse. the PLAYERS have got to take full responsibility

:agree: Although we never thought to take Victor off after constantly giving the ball away.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2011, 09:04 PM
:agree: Although we never thought to take Victor off after constantly giving the ball away.

Who did we have on the bench that can play central midfield. It's a position we're crying out for a decent player (amongst others)

Hibby 2005
26-10-2011, 09:10 PM

.....or CC could have provided cover for Hanlon who was being ripped to shreds by Forrest? Stevenson at LM might have been an answer at HT replacing l'enfant terrible Ivan.

ronaldo7
26-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Who did we have on the bench that can play central midfield. It's a position we're crying out for a decent player (amongst others)

I agree we're stuggling for quality in the middle of the park, however when one of your own is having a bit of a mare, you should step in and help him out. Ozzy was running around for 45 minutes covering for him, and even when he'd made several mistakes of losing the ball, he never learned and we lost the goal from another Victor mistake. Game then changed, and was lost.

I agree we've not much quality from the bench, and hindsight is a wonderful thing:wink:

silverhibee
26-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Caldo said: "In the past six games we've only been second best in two of the halves."

Aye Magic Colin fantastic stat that, what next "we have held our own in every match we have played for the first 2mins"? "we could win SPL if we look at how things are inbetween 24thmin and 30th"

If I am reading his quote right is he basically saying we have only lost 2 halves out of last six?

We lost 2nd half v Pars, First half v Dundee Utd, 2nd half v Rangers, 1st Half v Mwell. I would suggest then been 2nd best in at least 4 halves.

And we lost second half tonight.

Calderwood out now. :taxi

Petrie out now. :taxi just in case yer merc is in the garage.

ackeygraham
26-10-2011, 09:38 PM
As it says, he is killing us not just on the park but off the park as well.

We struggle to half fill a stadium, no one wanted to get an ST after last season, and even on the lead up to the season with his will I won't I antics. Leading up to the half season barrier, i can't see a stampede for them.

His signing apart from GOC are struggling to make the grade, and signing one defender where we are at our poorest is nothing but football suicide. His tactics are woeful and his lame excuses after matches are waring thin now.

Due to this hibs are losing out on essential revenue and doing silly things like the skol cup top, lilliac top, you name it to make some cash....

The guy stock value was + 300K at start of season, now more like -300k. He has to do the right thing and just leave now rather than we sack him and cost us more.

CC & Petrie - just go please. your killing us!

Sammy7nil
26-10-2011, 11:06 PM

silverhibee
26-10-2011, 11:18 PM
yes get him out now.

Loud and clear.

:taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi

SouthamptonHibs
26-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Lets put ourselves in another cubs shoes!

We are one up some how if both team took there guilt edge chances it would have been 3v3, but we are up!
Surely a manager will know that Celtic will come at you in the 2nd half and sort his team out accordinley!
How Palsson was on the park more than 20mins i'll never know, he got moved from RB to CM within 5 and i'm sure he didn't find a Hibs player all day he is brutal! he cost us the first goal and maybe more, nice to see CC take him off at 3v1 down i hope he never plays for us again! shocking player..
roll on Sat time for revenege ha ha

Mon the Hibs expecting an announcement tomorrow CC get ta ****...please leave the keys at the main receiption

only us could get beat by a team that were ready and there for the beating..well done Hibs

silverhibee
26-10-2011, 11:29 PM
:protest:

James70
26-10-2011, 11:29 PM
He was better off when he was keeping his mouth shut as his comments are now reaching Yogiesque standards.

SouthamptonHibs
26-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Silver...there has to be one! It's either going to come from what we call a protest ie 100's / 1000's standing outside easter road singing CC must go or there is the other option! Which is coming, 13,000 home fans, 11,000 home fans now down to 8,500 home fans shortley followed by XXXXX. Not thats a silent protest

Mon the hibs get rid ooh this clown and get the fans back

Hail Hail

Bad Martini
26-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Said he wasn't right before he come in...got pelters.

Said he was wrong for long enough....still many defend him.

What ****ing progress are we making since Hughes? Or since Mixu? Or since Collins?

Nine.

Get rid of calderwood and the dickheads who gave the last three managerial failures the job anaw. Yes our last three bosses haven't been up to it...part of the blame lies with them who have done the ****ing hiring as well. Not good enough.

ENDOF

marleyhib
26-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Feel really angry about our performance tonight. The time for apathy has gone, the 8000 or so of us who support us thru thick and thin need to stand up and say something.

Do we care enough to demand a change?

I do, we should have been beat 8-1, any change is better than this bollocks.

Time for a shake down from the top. Successful we can have 13-14k each game, we need someone in charge who knows football.

Protest and save our club.

Ggtth

connerg
26-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Feel really angry about our performance tonight. The time for apathy has gone, the 8000 or so of us who support us thru thick and thin need to stand up and say something.

Do we care enough to demand a change?

I do, we should have been beat 8-1, any change is better than this bollocks.

Time for a shake down from the top. Successful we can have 13-14k each game, we need someone in charge who knows football.

Protest and save our club.

Ggtth

Second half was an embarrassment, what did this clown say to them at half time? No shape, no fight, no marking.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2011, 12:04 AM
He's duller than dishwater, a disaster from the day he walked in the door.

KiddA
27-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Every shareholder should bust a gut to get to the AGM and demand answers as to why we have the unfittest team, no defenders, no tactics and a manager who clearly does not want to be here.

Pandora's box may open at the AGM things are really that bad :timebomb:

KiddA
27-10-2011, 01:47 AM
I had a FREE top-up ticket for tonight's game and couldn't be bothered going - for a League Cup quarter-final against the OF !!! THAT is how bad it has become watching Hibs at the moment - and has been going that way for the last 4 years ! Collapsing crowds is the ONLY way the arrogant Petrie and incompetent Board will take notice, and we will see any change. Change has been overdue for YEARS, but all dictators feel that they can do no wrong and are invincible - Petrie is no different.

My dad has been a season ticket for over 40 years now and has told me that he may not be renewing is ticket next year. Very sad times but I am sure he is just one of many many more fans that will do the same. Hibs are making me very bitter at the moment the way they are playing but the bomb proof board don't seem to care. If they did there would be change but that will not happen, it is going to take Farmer to change things now but we could be waiting a while.

cad
27-10-2011, 05:31 AM
The Board's pride is the only thing keeping him.

100% correct , that and maybe no cash to pay him off.

AGM s soon ,we can clear the air then , set our stall out as to whats going to happen in the future ,discuss at length the disappointments of the last couple of years and move on , plus a chance to put the fans minds at ease rally the troops so to speak .

Having said that ," a gun at ma heid wouldnae get me back to watch Hibs " was a comment heard after last night s match .

heretoday
27-10-2011, 07:34 AM
To be optimistic, there was enough on show at St Mirren to suggest we can at least avoid relegation this season. That's got to be the priority.

I can't see where a new manager is going to come from at the moment who's any better than CC/BB.

Kenny Shiels? Derek Adams? Elvis????

RickyS
27-10-2011, 08:07 AM
To be optimistic, there was enough on show at St Mirren to suggest we can at least avoid relegation this season. That's got to be the priority.

I can't see where a new manager is going to come from at the moment who's any better than CC/BB.

Kenny Shiels? Derek Adams? Elvis????

go get Michael O'Neill before he gets a Championship joab

Captain Trips
27-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Well at least we won the first half that should help keep his half stats in order for him even though it appears he has those wrong.

yeezus.
27-10-2011, 06:30 PM
CC is not the problem.

Bloody hell. It was Septic, our squad is no match. End of.

There's absolutely no way M O'Neill will take over at ER anyway, wisen up.

Captain Trips
27-10-2011, 07:01 PM
CC is not the problem.

And the 40 games before this? We should be doing better nobody on here is suggesting we should be beating them we should look better, it is just another crap performance who it is against seems to matter not.

HFC 0-7
27-10-2011, 07:09 PM
CC is not the problem.

its not that we were beat by a better team that is concerning its the way we were beat. FFS, even East Stirling wouldnt have folded the same way we did last night!

silverhibee
05-11-2011, 08:27 PM

PS, Get rid of all the backroom staff at East Mains while your at it, you may need a couple of them, :taxi :taxi.

How much more damage does he need to do before he gets punted.

:taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi

3pm
05-11-2011, 09:24 PM

How much more damage does he need to do before he gets punted.

:taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi

I'll be amazed if he takes charge of another game.