PDA

View Full Version : Hibs12thMan Songbook

Hibs12thMan
17-10-2011, 09:13 PM
This has been in development for some time but now that the infrastructure for flag storage is nearly complete it is time to finalise copy with a view to getting a group of supporters to review. Then it will be off to the printers.

How much do you think we should charge for a pocket sized Songbook with around 30/40 pages? £3? £5? £10 to let newer supporters learn the words to established Hibby Songs?

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2011, 09:22 PM
This has been in development for some time but now that the infrastructure for flag storage is nearly complete it is time to finalise copy with a view to getting a group of supporters to review. Then it will be off to the printers.

How much do you think we should charge for a pocket sized Songbook with around 30/40 pages? £3? £5? £10 to let newer supporters learn the words to established Hibby Songs?

Not trying to run down what you are trying to achieve but a songbook for football fans to learn the words..............really!!! The last time I saw a song sheet at a game of football was the 71 FA cup final and I've still got it somewhere. As I have said I really admire what you guys are trying to achieve but surely fans learn songs by listening at the game or worst case from them being posted on internet, you obviously think this a goer so best of luck.:agree:

Hibs12thMan
18-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Not trying to run down what you are trying to achieve but a songbook for football fans to learn the words..............really!!! The last time I saw a song sheet at a game of football was the 71 FA cup final and I've still got it somewhere. As I have said I really admire what you guys are trying to achieve but surely fans learn songs by listening at the game or worst case from them being posted on internet, you obviously think this a goer so best of luck.:agree:

The feedback we've had is as follows
Very short chants are less of a problem
Bertie Mee says to ......... is OK for the over 40's among us but to the younger yins it's like a foreign language
Hardly a soul can sing the full version of Turnbull's Tornadoes
A lot of guid auld Hibby songs have been lost - we want to revive them
Supporters want to look cool these days and so would prefer to learn words at home first before trying out in the stands
The last time we had a really fine sing song was at the CIS Cup Final and we were "cheating" because Fife Hyland had orchestrated the playing of a mini-song book after the final whistle. We were able to sing along with the song lyrics rather than accapella as at games

nonshinyfinish
18-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Bertie Mee says to ......... is OK for the over 40's among us but to the younger yins it's like a foreign language

What? How much younger are we talking here?

Dunbar Hibee
18-10-2011, 05:14 PM
The feedback we've had is as follows
Very short chants are less of a problem
Hardly a soul can sing the full version of Turnbull's Tornadoes
A lot of guid auld Hibby songs have been lost - we want to revive them
Supporters want to look cool these days and so would prefer to learn words at home first before trying out in the stands
The last time we had a really fine sing song was at the CIS Cup Final and we were "cheating" because Fife Hyland had orchestrated the playing of a mini-song book after the final whistle. We were able to sing along with the song lyrics rather than accapella as at games

:confused: Don't think so.

3pm
18-10-2011, 05:20 PM
If you put 'Colin, Colin get to ****' in it I suspect you can sell 10,000 at a tenner a pop.

RIP
18-10-2011, 05:25 PM
A lot of the new singers are still at school. The knowledge of lyrics is generally poor in the Singing Section. Some brave attempts at Turnbull's Tornadoes and Sunshine on Leith but only 6 folk can move confidently to verse 2

I'd buy a copy for my 2 laddies - they are 15 and 13 and keen would be singers. I'd probably also buy copies for my niece and nephew who don't come to matches often but like to sing when they do

Good stocking fillers but would need other stuff - articles, graphics otherwise could be quite dry