PDA

View Full Version : The Final Straw?

green glory
17-10-2011, 10:19 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15324347.stm

Judging by CC's comments here, it's starting to look like there's a split opening up between the manager and the players, espcially when you consider GOC looking for guidance from the bench on Saturday and not getting any. I think I've been very patient, and I've supported CC up till now, but enough's enough.

Generally they have been getting better (very slowly) since the Hearts game, notwithstanding the defeat at Ibrox. Maybe Saturday was just a glitch and they'll be back on track this Saturday in Paisley. But if not, and we have to suffer a third consecutive defeat (looking likely with St Mirren's current form) then for me, time's up.

Think I'd be happy with BB taking over as manager, he's got the required commitment and fire. Michael O'Neill is being headhunted by Dundee united, Hibs should be getting into the race for him. How about Danny Lennon? I'd take him in a minute, although not sure what his contractual obligations are.

If they can't get a win under their belts on Saturday, with 2 games following against Celtic we could be looking at 5 consecutive defeats since the Rangers game. SURELY that would be enough to justify sacking him, no matter what his contract says.

I'll be there on Saturday dude! I'm watching you! Last chance. :taxi

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 10:26 AM
"We didn't play, because we were scared of playing. We didn't get anywhere near putting any pressure on them

At least he can see part of the problem, although he never mentioned haveing a back 4 so slow they have to sit far too deep, that bring the problem of the forwards not getting enough support. He also forgot to mention the lack of any player with an ounce of creativity, a player who can dictate the game, drive the team forward, a leader.

He's a clown, HE SPRAFFS MORE ***** THAN YOGI EVER DID.

Dr Jimmy
17-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Thought it was strange to see o'connor run straight down the tunnel at full time on Sat. Didn't look too happy .

hibsbollah
17-10-2011, 11:03 AM
O'Connor and Richie Towell looked furious at FT. Ivan was being abused by a fat clown in the east and ivan stared him down, and looked peed off throughout. Pallsons coupon is as grim as his current form.

There are splits in that dressing room, and a few dont want to be here, its as clear as day.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 11:23 AM
O'Connor and Richie Towell looked furious at FT. Ivan was being abused by a fat clown in the east and ivan stared him down, and looked peed off throughout. Pallsons coupon is as grim as his current form.

There are splits in that dressing room, and a few dont want to be here, its as clear as day.

Ivan did not have the best of games, but in his defence he did get injured in the very first minute, and was told to play deeper to mark Humphreys, a job he did reasonably well.

He had to do that job, as we dont have one defender at the club with pace that would trouble Jarko Wiss. We dont have a right back or a left back apart from Booth either, why Colin?

greenlex
17-10-2011, 11:47 AM
"We didn't play, because we were scared of playing. We didn't get anywhere near putting any pressure on them

At least he can see part of the problem, although he never mentioned haveing a back 4 so slow they have to sit far too deep, that bring the problem of the forwards not getting enough support. He also forgot to mention the lack of any player with an ounce of creativity, a player who can dictate the game, drive the team forward, a leader.

He's a clown, HE SPRAFFS MORE ***** THAN YOGI EVER DID.
Nonsense. Yogi would have been proud of his boys And said he could ask no more.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 11:50 AM

While smiling like a deluded halfwit :devil:

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 11:50 AM

Yogi talked some crap, we could all see that. Although even Alex Ferguson never slaughters his players in public, and says that kind of phrase, when every fan can see its bollox.

You can bet your last penny its different off camera.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 11:54 AM
While smiling like a deluded halfwit :devil:

There's not much smiling now with your man in charge. When will this clown ever take Hibs to 4th, and give us europe?

Seveno
17-10-2011, 11:58 AM
O'Connor worked hard in the first half and tried his bets to get the midfield to press Motherwell higher up the pitch. All to no avail.

No wonder he was p***ed off.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 12:04 PM
There's not much smiling now with your man in charge. When will this clown ever take Hibs to 4th, and give us europe?

:fishin:

I doubt he will, G. I have my doubts now and have repeatedly stated he must start winning games.

But months on I won't be greetin' about him :wink:

Albion Hibs
17-10-2011, 12:06 PM
A reasonable statement from CC, I can see a lot of sense in it and I would agree with it. At times during the first half a few in the midfield looked to be hiding and making out like they were interested in getting the ball.

I think at lot of our players probably prefer to play away from home at the moment, and I think most teams probably focus on keeping the ball for the first 10/15 mins even in deep areas because they know that even after that amount of time a section of the fans will begin losing the plot and get on our own players backs.

MotherSuperior
17-10-2011, 12:09 PM
"We didn't play, because we were scared of playing. We didn't get anywhere near putting any pressure on themAt least he can see part of the problem, although he never mentioned haveing a back 4 so slow they have to sit far too deep, that bring the problem of the forwards not getting enough support. He also forgot to mention the lack of any player with an ounce of creativity, a player who can dictate the game, drive the team forward, a leader.He's a clown, HE SPRAFFS MORE ***** THAN YOGI EVER DID. I think we had to sit deep against motherwell, as we would have been punished with balls over the top to that speed merchant Humphrey's. We did pose more of an attacking threat in the second half, but to be honest they even had the better chances in that half as well. You're right tho the defence is terrible, we leak goals if we push up or sit deep, so what can we do? New defenders are a priority whoever is in charge in January.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 12:15 PM
A reasonable statement from CC, I can see a lot of sense in it and I would agree with it. At times during the first half a few in the midfield looked to be hiding and making out like they were interested in getting the ball.

I think at lot of our players probably prefer to play away from home at the moment, and I think most teams probably focus on keeping the ball for the first 10/15 mins even in deep areas because they know that even after that amount of time a section of the fans will begin losing the plot and get on our own players backs.

And that is unacceptable - regardless if home or away. You have to want the ball and want to make things happen.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 12:16 PM
I think we had to sit deep against motherwell, as we would have been punished with balls over the top to that speed merchant Humphrey's. We did pose more of an attacking threat in the second half, but to be honest they even had the better chances in that half as well. You're right tho the defence is terrible, we leak goals if we push up or sit deep, so what can we do? New defenders are a priority whoever is in charge in January.

Yes i agree about Humphrey, and thats why Sproule was probably a lot quieter than we'd have all liked him to be. Although when you have a team passing the ball around the back and midfield without any pressure, you do have to squeeze the game. FFS this was Motherwell, not rantic. Sitting so deep invites the opposition on to you, fine and dandy if you have the pace to exploit that on the break. We dont though, and we cant keep the ball anyway due to having nobody with enough quality to create in the middle of the park.

Albion Hibs
17-10-2011, 12:22 PM
And that is unacceptable - regardless if home or away. You have to want the ball and want to make things happen.

Agree completely. On more than a few occassions Palsson stayed back like he could not be ersed, and Scott and Osborne ran into spaces convieniently behind opposition players and started waving their arms around like they wanted the ball. Our CF need to take some responsibility for not dropping in and helping out, if they have an extra man, one of them needs to come back in when they have the ball, school boy stuff.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 12:27 PM
:fishin:

I doubt he will, G. I have my doubts now and have repeatedly stated he must start winning games.

But months on I won't be greetin' about him :wink:

Yet its funny how or why you are not greetin about this one, strange eh?

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Yet its funny how or why you are not greetin about this one, strange eh?

:confused:

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 12:30 PM

No idea why you are so confused, you were getting stuck right into hughes long before and after he went, yet hardly a wimper at this one. Thats whats strange.:confused:

truehibernian
17-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Garry looked across to the bench after 20 minutes on Saturday and asked for the staff to encourage the team to push up. He got no reaction and quite rightly looked to the sky.

First half we played two very similar holding type players (Towell and Osbourne) who seemed content to spray passes side to side instead of having the confidence to take the ball forward and the man on. Scott offered nothing on the right, and whenever Palsson received the ball he near always turned inside and played a square pass (either because he was not confident, or at times Scott was posted missing on that side).

GOC was having to continually drop deeper (as was Agogo) to collect and turn. This meant when a decent pass or cross was put in, our attackers were playing catch up.

Second half we played better, (not hard) our midfield had a bit more urgency, and despite losing the ball cheaply a couple of times, both Osbourne and Wotherspoon were committed to going forward at any opportunity. That position DW played is his best position, although he did drop too deep for me latterly.

What annoyed me more than anything was that when Well took the ball, they played 'heads up', facing forward, and every pass meant something (Hibs having to think, defend, run).

Our passes were really needless..............Stack to Palsson to O'Hanlon to Murray to Stack..........always five passes that really didn't get anywhere. Pointless possession. In a sense, that was what irritated Mixu so much and why he was misunderstood when he said he wanted more direct football. Playing on the edge of your own box leads to disaster, especialy in the SPL where players are simply not good at retaining possession. Look at Killie first half when they humped us...........they were suicidal at times there.

Slow defenders, fearful midfielders, good strikers...........that is Hibs at present. Easy to beat, easy to gauge, easy to read. The midfield needs mixed up a little and to be frank, I wouldn't be against recalling Smith for left back, playing Boothy (once fit) at left midfield, and trying Palsson, Thornhill and Osbourne in midfield. With Griffiths and GOC up top.

Next window...........someone to excite in the middle please, and please please please...........a real no nonsense, experienced, loud mouthed, could hear him shouting in Lochend centre half !

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 12:41 PM

A quick look back shows that it was 1 April 2010 when you decided that Yogi wasn't the man for Hibs, the day after we had suffered our 9th league defeat of the season in our 31st SPL game. Yet here we are having been defeated 6 times in our first 9 league games, with CC's latest defeat taking him one ahead of Hughes in number of defeats suffered in 9 less games played (overall records), and all you can say is that we need to start winning games.

It is strange, regardless of any blame that you attach to unworkable legacies and the building of the new stand.

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Garry looked across to the bench after 20 minutes on Saturday and asked for the staff to encourage the team to push up. He got no reaction and quite rightly looked to the sky.

First half we played two very similar holding type players (Towell and Osbourne) who seemed content to spray passes side to side instead of having the confidence to take the ball forward and the man on. Scott offered nothing on the right, and whenever Palsson received the ball he near always turned inside and played a square pass (either because he was not confident, or at times Scott was posted missing on that side).

GOC was having to continually drop deeper (as was Agogo) to collect and turn. This meant when a decent pass or cross was put in, our attackers were playing catch up.

Second half we played better, (not hard) our midfield had a bit more urgency, and despite losing the ball cheaply a couple of times, both Osbourne and Wotherspoon were committed to going forward at any opportunity. That position DW played is his best position, although he did drop too deep for me latterly.

What annoyed me more than anything was that when Well took the ball, they played 'heads up', facing forward, and every pass meant something (Hibs having to think, defend, run).

Our passes were really needless..............Stack to Palsson to O'Hanlon to Murray to Stack..........always five passes that really didn't get anywhere. Pointless possession. In a sense, that was what irritated Mixu so much and why he was misunderstood when he said he wanted more direct football. Playing on the edge of your own box leads to disaster, especialy in the SPL where players are simply not good at retaining possession. Look at Killie first half when they humped us...........they were suicidal at times there.

Slow defenders, fearful midfielders, good strikers...........that is Hibs at present. Easy to beat, easy to gauge, easy to read. The midfield needs mixed up a little and to be frank, I wouldn't be against recalling Smith for left back, playing Boothy (once fit) at left midfield, and trying Palsson, Thornhill and Osbourne in midfield. With Griffiths and GOC up top.

Next window...........someone to excite in the middle please, and please please please...........a real no nonsense, experienced, loud mouthed, could hear him shouting in Lochend centre half !

Probably the only positive from the weekend was DW's performance in midfield (even though he did have a couple of bad moments) - hopefully his confidence can return and he can begin to utilise his considerable attributes.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 01:12 PM
No idea why you are so confused, you were getting stuck right into hughes long before and after he went, yet hardly a wimper at this one. Thats whats strange.:confused:

I was talking about greetin' months after he's away :wink: as you have done with Yogi :dummytit:

Re CC - looks like he will be away soon .. which given as the results aren't coming is the correct decision.

I couldnae care who manages Hibs - but they have to be up to the job.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 01:15 PM
A quick look back shows that it was 1 April 2010 when you decided that Yogi wasn't the man for Hibs, the day after we had suffered our 9th league defeat of the season in our 31st SPL game. Yet here we are having been defeated 6 times in our first 9 league games, with CC's latest defeat taking him one ahead of Hughes in number of defeats suffered in 9 less games played (overall records), and all you can say is that we need to start winning games.

It is strange, regardless of any blame that you attach to unworkable legacies and the building of the new stand.

See above. Yogi wasn't up to the job .. looks that way for CC also - I have been more patient as CC inherited a shambles. Yogi didn't - he created one :wink: Ask RP.

Although we are better off than last season we are nowhere near an acceptable position so the manager should go unless there's a very quick upturn. When CC goes, the Boardroom needs change also.

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 01:24 PM
See above. Yogi wasn't up to the job .. looks that way for CC also - I have been more patient as CC inherited a shambles. Yogi didn't - he created one :wink: Ask RP.

Although we are better off than last season we are nowhere near an acceptable position so the manager should go unless there's a very quick upturn. When CC goes, the Boardroom needs change also.

CC may have inherited a shambles but having been given huge scope to give the entire squad a makeover, he's just created an even bigger one. It's even more obvious that CC isn't up to the job than it was with Hughes.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 01:30 PM
CC may have inherited a shambles but having been given huge scope to give the entire squad a makeover, he's just created an even bigger one. It's even more obvious that CC isn't up to the job than it was with Hughes.

Matter of opinion .. but CC needs wins or it has to be ta-ta. Hopefully with RP closely behind him.

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Matter of opinion .. but CC needs wins or it has to be ta-ta. Hopefully with RP closely behind him.

It's pretty much a matter of fact now, really - CC has managed Hibs for 9 less games than Hughes did, and if Calderwood were to win 8 of those and draw one, his record still wouldn't be as good as Hughes'.

Hopefully Petrie will not be involved in the next appointment.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 01:39 PM

CC needs wins, but Hughes needed punting. mare faces than the town hall clock.:rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 01:42 PM
CC needs wins, but Hughes needed punting. mare faces than the town hall clock.:rolleyes:

See previous posts re inheriting a shambles. Should be too difficult to understand :wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 01:43 PM
See previous posts re inheriting a shambles. Should be too difficult to understand :wink:

There was no shambles, this is a shambles. If you are telling me we are better now than when he took over, you have never seen this team play.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 01:43 PM
It's pretty much a matter of fact now, really - CC has managed Hibs for 9 less games than Hughes did, and if Calderwood were to win 8 of those and draw one, his record still wouldn't be as good as Hughes'.

Hopefully Petrie will not be involved in the next appointment.

CC better in season 11/12 than Yogi in season 10/11 .. those wonderful stats :wink:

Agree re RP 100%

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 01:56 PM
CC better in season 11/12 than Yogi in season 10/11 .. those wonderful stats :wink:

Agree re RP 100%

I'm not being selective in my use of stats, what I quoted was Hughes' overall record vs CC's overall record - the stats show that Calderwood is crap no matter which way you look at it (unless you are Rod Petrie preparing a press release)

Actually league wise they were exactly the same after 7 league games, which was when Yogi went last year, so CC this year isn't better than Hughes last year - we are still in the League Cup though, which is significant.

After 11 games last season we had lost 7 times - 3 of those under Calderwood. This year we are one point better off at the same stage of the season.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm not being selective in my use of stats, what I quoted was Hughes' overall record vs CC's overall record - the stats show that Calderwood is crap no matter which way you look at it (unless you are Rod Petrie preparing a press release)

Actually league wise they were exactly the same after 7 league games, which was when Yogi went last year, so CC this year isn't better than Hughes last year - we are still in the League Cup though, which is significant.

After 11 games last season we had lost 7 times - 3 of those under Calderwood. This year we are one point better off at the same stage of the season.

Both records are crap. CC needs wins. I think he needs more time as he inherited a mess. Simple.

Will he get more time? Not looking likely as ER is emptier by the week ..

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Both records are crap. CC needs wins. I think he needs more time as he inherited a mess. Simple.

Will he get more time? Not looking likely as ER is emptier by the week ..

If Hughes' record is crap (and it is bad), and Calderwood needs 9 wins out of the next 9 matches to better it, that tells its own story.

You have to earn the right to get more time - Hughes' good run and 4th place finish (is it selective use of stats to state where we finished in the SPL table?) didn't earn him any more time, CC certainly doesn't deserve any more.

Excuses made for CC are no more valid than any that were made for Hughes.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 02:38 PM
If Hughes' record is crap (and it is bad), and Calderwood needs 9 wins out of the next 9 matches to better it, that tells its own story.

You have to earn the right to get more time - Hughes' good run and 4th place finish (is it selective use of stats to state where we finished in the SPL table?) didn't earn him any more time, CC certainly doesn't deserve any more.

Excuses made for CC are no more valid than any that were made for Hughes.

I am not sure how valid results which bridge a season are - when the league is reset :wink: - that's not selective

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I am not sure how valid results which bridge a season are - when the league is reset :wink: - that's not selective

It shows how bad we have been under CC when he requires 9 wins from 9 games to achieve a record which you would consider to be crap.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 03:00 PM
It shows how bad we have been under CC when he requires 9 wins from 9 games to achieve a record which you would consider to be crap.

10/11 was crap. 11/12 is crap.

Dr Jimmy
17-10-2011, 03:06 PM
10/11 was crap. 11/12 is crap.

Is comparing Yogi with CC not the same as comparing a Turd with a Jobby? :dunno:

Ozyhibby
17-10-2011, 03:16 PM
There are splits in that dressing room, and a few dont want to be here, its as clear as day.[/QUOTE]

So it is not all bad news then.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Is comparing Yogi with CC not the same as comparing a Turd with a Jobby? :dunno:

It is looking that way :boo hoo:

tamig
17-10-2011, 03:32 PM

how's that then? Where are the splits? Or is this just a hunch you have?