PDA

View Full Version : Petrie's Pride will be our downfall........

nil7
16-10-2011, 09:33 PM
What is the one constant with the absolute torture we have had to endure for the 15 (?) years this man has been at our club. He seems to take all the credit when things are going well, and the media was lyrical about the fiscal wellbeing the club is in. However he is currently hiding and now wants the present problem to disappear.

However, this is a man whose track record of selecting managers is absolutely atrocious, and his penny pinching stretches not only from the balance sheet right thhrough to his managerial selections. Ask yourself how much we've paid in compensation for our managers, by my reckoning we've paid compo for:

McLeish
Duffy
Williamson
Hughes

But went for the cheap option in:

Mowbray (albeit he was a success)
Collins
Paatelainen
Calderwood

This man has got us relegated in '99 and kept his job - he is bombproof, and therefore in my opinion the man we need to voice our displeasure at is STF. He needs to know how disenfranchised the Hibs support is, and that his so called legacy for Hibs is now looking somewhat tarnished.

We need to act now, the cancer at our club sits in the boardroom and has no intention of walking of his own accord. As stated his pride - as he has publicly backed CC - will be our downfall.

Elephant Stone
16-10-2011, 10:11 PM
What is the one constant with the absolute torture we have had to endure for the 15 (?) years this man has been at our club. He seems to take all the credit when things are going well, and the media was lyrical about the fiscal wellbeing the club is in. However he is currently hiding and now wants the present problem to disappear.

However, this is a man whose track record of selecting managers is absolutely atrocious, and his penny pinching stretches not only from the balance sheet right thhrough to his managerial selections. Ask yourself how much we've paid in compensation for our managers, by my reckoning we've paid compo for:

McLeish
Duffy
Williamson
Hughes

Collins
Paatelainen
Calderwood

This man has got us relegated in '99 and kept his job - he is bombproof, and therefore in my opinion the man we need to voice our displeasure at is STF. He needs to know how disenfranchised the Hibs support is, and that his so called legacy for Hibs is now looking somewhat tarnished.

We need to act now, the cancer at our club sits in the boardroom and has no intention of walking of his own accord. As stated his pride - as he has publicly backed CC - will be our downfall.

What's paying compensation got to do with anything? Collins won us our only trophy in the last 20 years, Mixu has shown himself to be a good manager and Mowbray was absolutely brilliant. Calderwood is an impotent piece of misery who we need to get shot of but it's not cause he didn't cost any compensation. McLeish excepted I'd take your list of "cheap options" over those other ones anyday.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Did Calderwood not cOst 150k ?
Did the OF both not just go for the cheap options?
How much did Stuart McCall cost?
How much did Houston cost or Shiels?

Its not about cost it's about getting the right man in.
Who were the alternatives - would Clarke have done us a turn.

And I guess with hibs you can't have it both ways - the price of a manager comes at the price of a player.

That said I tend to agree that in this hour of need we may just need to turn to a leader to fix us and that will likely cost us.U

We need to act now, the cancer at our club sits in the boardroom and has no intention of walking of his own accord. As stated his pride - as he has publicly backed CC - will be our downfall.[/QUOTE]

Viva_Palmeiras
16-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Apologies for the above unable to edit on the iPhone ;( scrolling a problem

nil7
16-10-2011, 10:50 PM
The point I am trying to make is that Petrie - with maybe two exceptions - goes for realtively no cost or cheap options, and therefore we get what we (he ) deserve. The issue is deeper than that though, he appears to be answerable to nobody, and that includes the support. Will he be feeling any pressure just now, he treats fans with scant regard, and his boss doesnt seem to care.

The issue we need to address is him, and his removal from the club.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 10:54 PM
The point I am trying to make is that Petrie - with maybe two exceptions - goes for realtively no cost or cheap options, and therefore we get what we (he ) deserve. The issue is deeper than that though, he appears to be answerable to nobody, and that includes the support. Will he be feeling any pressure just now, he treats fans with scant regard, and his boss doesnt seem to care.

:agree: Tom Farmer should be kicking *****, and booting those he's put in charge all the way out the door down easter road.

Liberal Hibby
16-10-2011, 10:56 PM

Are you Norton Hibby in disguise? I don't get the Petrie bashing - he's got basically nothing to do with the day-to-day running of the club these days. I'm not even sure if he was in the room when CC was appointed.

You should be directing your ire on Fife Hyland and Scott Lindsay who are now in charge.

CraigHibee
16-10-2011, 10:58 PM

McLeish
Duffy
Williamson
Hughes

Collins
Paatelainen
Calderwood

i thought it was lex gold that was in charge when we got relegated and he walked

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Are you Norton Hibby in disguise? I don't get the Petrie bashing - he's got basically nothing to do with the day-to-day running of the club these days. I'm not even sure if he was in the room when CC was appointed.

You should be directing your ire on Fife Hyland and Scott Lindsay who are now in charge.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101018/colin-calderwood-appointed-manager_2262950_2188620

nil7
16-10-2011, 11:11 PM

That, I believe, is a smokescreen. Petrie knows he is unpopular, although I doubt it bothers him in the slightest. Have no doubt though he runs the club from top to bottom. Having a greater input into team affairs than I hazard we even know the half of. What I do know that the notoriously closed shop of football commentators/ ex-managers and general hangers on, ALL suggest that there is something not quite right at Hibs.

Our only way forward now is the appointment of a football man with a passion for the club at CEO level who replaces this man who is devoid of charisma, unnattached from supporters, and who does this simply as a job.

In my opinion his removal is more important that the removal of our underachieving, uncharismatic manager (who said that leaders surround themselves with like minded people)

Dr Jimmy
17-10-2011, 05:04 AM
I will always be grateful to Sir Tom, but now feel he needs to hold the decision makers at ER accountable for the clubs decline.
The whole board need emptied and the club taken in a new direction with the focus being put on getting the football side sorted.
The accountants that are running our club are heading us towards disaster, particularly the loss of fans on match day. If change is not made it will take years to fix, as I have never known so many fans that feel disconnected with the club. Results are results, but when you hear long term fans saying they have lost interest or no longer want to go to games this is very worrying and the current set of board (along with the mgr) are only adding to the problem.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 06:01 AM

Guff. Who appointed - indeed re-appointed - FH and SL? The accountable one - RP.

SkintHibby
17-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Petrie needs to go.

He is slowly destroying our club.

flash
17-10-2011, 06:27 AM

Oh please. Why would we want to have a go at the monkeys and not the organ grinder?

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-10-2011, 06:45 AM
The business model in place at ER is maybe delivering balance sheet results at present, or more a realistic view is that we are not doing as bad as others. So thwy maybe don't appreciate the side that we need to look at and that show that the clubs that are doing worse than us at the bank are doing better than us with less on the field. Sometimes when the optimum football set up is where the money boys leave the football side alone and the footie boys reciprocate, we maybe need a figure above this pointing out that the two sides are dependant on each other. Sitting with a healthy cash flow but with a team at bottom of the league, and a top class stadium that is always half empty is nonsense. Equally ridiculous is a performing team and healthy crowd, but a fiscal policy built on shifting sands. Tale of two teams from one city?

down the slope
17-10-2011, 07:52 AM
That, I believe, is a smokescreen. Petrie knows he is unpopular, although I doubt it bothers him in the slightest. Have no doubt though he runs the club from top to bottom. Having a greater input into team affairs than I hazard we even know the half of. What I do know that the notoriously closed shop of football commentators/ ex-managers and general hangers on, ALL suggest that there is something not quite right at Hibs.

Our only way forward now is the appointment of a football man with a passion for the club at CEO level who replaces this man who is devoid of charisma, unnattached from supporters, and who does this simply as a job.

In my opinion his removal is more important that the removal of our underachieving, uncharismatic manager (who said that leaders surround themselves with like minded people)

You are spot on , Petrie is still the man in charge regardless of what the Hibs tell you , he is the major shareholder outwith Sir Tom and the other board members are just window dressing the fact that Petrie is still calling the shots. I was shocked at the apathy that i saw on Saturday, fans seem to have no connection with the club anymore and unless this is sorted pronto we are going down the tubes . We are owned by a non footballing man and run by a non footballing miser , the result is we get non football.

SkintHibby
17-10-2011, 08:25 AM
You are spot on , Petrie is still the man in charge regardless of what the Hibs tell you , he is the major shareholder outwith Sir Tom and the other board members are just window dressing the fact that Petrie is still calling the shots. I was shocked at the apathy that i saw on Saturday, fans seem to have no connection with the club anymore and unless this is sorted pronto we are going down the tubes . We are owned by a non footballing man and run by a non footballing miser , the result is we get non football.

Spot on.:top marks

Lucius Apuleius
17-10-2011, 12:15 PM
And yet people are looking at what I would consider even cheaper options to take his place? Wierd.

IWasThere2016
17-10-2011, 12:16 PM

:top marks

Hal Jordan
17-10-2011, 12:36 PM
This man has got us relegated in '99 and kept his job

We were relegated in 1998. Lex Gold was club chairman at the time. He resigned.

bawheid
17-10-2011, 12:43 PM
We were relegated in 1998. Lex Gold was club chairman at the time. He resigned.

Haha!

Why let the actual facts get in the way of a good moan though??

Mibbes Aye
17-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Haha!

Why let the actual facts get in the way of a good moan though??

:agree:

Simple minds like simple explanations and simple solutions.

Cameron1875
17-10-2011, 02:19 PM

That post sums up the state the club is in perfectly. The bit in bold is a massive problem as the feeling i get when the opposition score is "here we go again" rather than anger. This apathy is reflected in attendances and atmopshere.