PDA

View Full Version : Playing staff

H18sry
16-10-2011, 08:58 AM
How many of the players brought to the club by CC and the ones left from Yogi could actually raise some much needed transfer revenue, if a new manager was appointed before January? Only 1 IMHO and its Garry O'Connor, what does that say about there signings :rolleyes:

bingo70
16-10-2011, 09:11 AM
How many of the players brought to the club by CC and the ones left from Yogi could actually raise some much needed transfer revenue, if a new manager was appointed before January? Only 1 IMHO and its Garry O'Connor, what does that say about there signings :rolleyes:

No chance we would get any even half decent money for GoC when he's got these off field problems and out of contract in the summer, at best a couple of hundred thousand and even then it'd be littered with clauses so wouldn't be worth our while.

Any new manager coming in would have to do it old school and actually motivate and improve the current squad rather than bringing in another dozen players.

H18sry
16-10-2011, 09:15 AM
No chance we would get any even half decent money for GoC when he's got these off field problems and out of contract in the summer, at best a couple of hundred thousand and even then it'd be littered with clauses so wouldn't be worth our while.

Any new manager coming in would have to do it old school and actually motivate and improve the current squad rather than bringing in another dozen players.

I never mentioned decent money I just said money, I would rather Garry stayed and saw out his contract as his goals will keep us in this league, without him we would be in deep doodoo :agree:

Northernhibee
16-10-2011, 09:20 AM
I never mentioned decent money I just said money, I would rather Garry stayed and saw out his contract as his goals will keep us in this league, without him we would be in deep doodoo :agree: I think we already wading through the brown stuff.Trying to figure out how many points we'd have without Gaz's goals but too hungover right now.

bingo70
16-10-2011, 09:23 AM
I never mentioned decent money I just said money, I would rather Garry stayed and saw out his contract as his goals will keep us in this league, without him we would be in deep doodoo :agree:

Think we saw yesterday what life after GoC would be like as he was worse than a man down yesterday, he was absolutely hopeless.

This isn't a usual hibs.net witchhunt of our best players though, he was due an off day as he's been outstanding since he joined, but i just hope he's not had his head turned by another club or agent during the break as something appeared to be up with him, hopefully it was just a blip though

Bostonhibby
16-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Cannae see it being possible for any deal to be done for Garry around that time, not without someone being able to smuggle a phone inside a cake into Saughton :wink:

Don't think that his future beyond the end of his current deal is something Hibs can influence much or cash in on, personally whatever happens to him Id still want him at the club.

H18sry
16-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Cannae see it being possible for any deal to be done for Garry around that time, not without someone being able to smuggle a phone inside a cake into Saughton :wink:

Don't think that his future beyond the end of his current deal is something Hibs can influence much or cash in on, personally whatever happens to him Id still want him at the club.

We should break the bank to keep him at ER:agree:

HibbyAndy
16-10-2011, 03:05 PM
The Huns will possibly sell Jelavic in January for 5/6 Million and buy GOC for something like £200K. Sad but true.

cocopops1875
18-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Also remember if everyone is to be believed the tash signed garry no the manager so in reply to ronnie we have little to no assets on the park brought in by yogi or calderwood

Gus
18-10-2011, 11:52 AM
We should break the bank to keep him at ER:agree:

I agree, but breaking the bank for him is the least of our worries, breaking GOC out of Saughton is more likely