PDA

View Full Version : Boozy

Septimus
16-10-2011, 07:13 AM
When the new set up comes, as come it must, maybe Boozy should be considered for a coaching position. His commentary shows a passion for the club and he continually points out where the failures are. Yesterday he became more and more despondent as the game progressed and who could blame him?

SneakersO'Toole
16-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Boozy has more passion for this club in his little finger than our squad collectively put together.

Elephant Stone
16-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Boozy played football the right way, I'd be delighted to have him working with the midfielders :agree:

Scouse Hibee
16-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Just what we need another ex player with no coaching experience touted for a position at the club because he was a half decent player for us and speaks well about us :rolleyes:

truehibernian
16-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Just what we need another ex player with no coaching experience touted for a position at the club because he was a half decent player for us and speaks well about us :rolleyes:

He is training the youth players at Falkirk and working for his badges as we speak.

Scouse Hibee
16-10-2011, 12:27 PM
He is training the youth players at Falkirk and working for his badges as we speak.

Exactly!

Future17
16-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Just what we need, another poster criticising other people's ideas without really knowing what he's talking about or coming up with any positive suggestions of his own. :rolleyes:

truehibernian
16-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Exactly!

I wouldn't be looking for Boozy to come back yet, but I wouldn't dismiss the option/notion.

Boozy's playing CV is good, he has a good reputation as a player and a pro, and like it has been said enthusiasm can rub off in people the right way. When I look at Gareth Evans and the way he does the warm-up's, trust me, I don't think Boozy could do any worse. To get a happy dressing room, as well as the hard work, you need happy personalities and someone who can be a good link between coaches and players...........Boozy ticks that box. Plus he would give Lewis Stevenson a run for his money in the bad dress sense stakes.

Training can become monotonous and it's good to create a wee bit variety...........Boozy's perm alone could do just that ! What was lacking yesterday in our midfield was a player who could put his foot on the ball, turn, retain it, and play with composure going forward. A Boozy type if you ask me.

Scouse Hibee
16-10-2011, 12:48 PM
17;2948388]Just what we need, another poster criticising other people's ideas without really knowing what he's talking about or coming up with any positive suggestions of his own. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The romantic idea of going back to fans favourites for coaches or managers rarely works especially with those who have little or no experience.

Scouse Hibee
16-10-2011, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't be looking for Boozy to come back yet, but I wouldn't dismiss the option/notion.

Boozy's playing CV is good, he has a good reputation as a player and a pro, and like it has been said enthusiasm can rub off in people the right way. When I look at Gareth Evans and the way he does the warm-up's, trust me, I don't think Boozy could do any worse. To get a happy dressing room, as well as the hard work, you need happy personalities and someone who can be a good link between coaches and players...........Boozy ticks that box. Plus he would give Lewis Stevenson a run for his money in the bad dress sense stakes.

Training can become monotonous and it's good to create a wee bit variety...........Boozy's perm alone could do just that ! What was lacking yesterday in our midfield was a player who could put his foot on the ball, turn, retain it, and play with composure going forward. A Boozy type if you ask me.

I just think that there will be plenty of experienced coaches who could do the job and that the Boozy mention is just another piece of romance from fans for an ex player.

Future17
16-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Here's a positive suggestion of my own, away and dry your eyes and here's another one, the romantic idea of going back to fans favourites for coaches or managers rarely works especially with those who have little or no experience.

That doesn't strike me as very positive at all.

Out of interest, what is your experience of former fans' favourites in coaching positions?

Speedway
17-10-2011, 09:54 AM
When the new set up comes, as come it must, maybe Boozy should be considered for a coaching position. His commentary shows a passion for the club and he continually points out where the failures are. Yesterday he became more and more despondent as the game progressed and who could blame him?

So you're saying his head went down once we were getting beat?

Phil MaGlass
17-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Sorry, we dont need another cheap option we need to splash some cash for a proven manager whoever that maybe, weve had too many would be managers now,s the time for a real one.

lucky
17-10-2011, 10:06 AM
There is no cash to splash. The whole country is economic meltdown. More on the dole now than in the last 15 years. Crowd numbers reducing every week. So where is money going to come from? Fans can't afford anymore. As such the next management team will be a cheap opition but hopefully one that can inspire our players

bawheid
17-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Sorry, we dont need another cheap option we need to splash some cash for a proven manager whoever that maybe, weve had too many would be managers now,s the time for a real one.

Did we not do that this time?? Promotions with three different clubs plus we paid money for Newcastle to release him.

Andy74
17-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Remember the days when players like Boozy were considered not good enough?

hibsbollah
17-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Remember the days when players like Boozy were considered not good enough? He would STROLL into this current midfield. He is also a classy person on and off the field. 'Romantic' decisions might be just what we need just now. Or we could just hire fat jim :aok:

Ozyhibby
17-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Based on what? What knowledge do we have of boozy's coaching skills?

.Sean.
17-10-2011, 04:33 PM
On his day he was unplayable. I remember him playing sweeper against the tims and he was astounding.

muzzhfc
17-10-2011, 04:54 PM
bring him in as a coach so he can gain experience, then maybe in a few years get him in as manager. but not yet. we need to get rid of CC and get his replacement in first (assistant manager to BB??)