PDA

View Full Version : CC - stay or go?

Diclonius
15-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Might as well find out the opinion of everyone so far.

Big Frank
15-10-2011, 07:54 PM
bye bye :agree:

Www1875hfc
15-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Go :bye:

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Stay, until the Chairman says it is time to go. If we give RP the opportunity to say that the manager has been hooked because of pressure from the supporters then we will never get out of this vicious circle.

Rossco1875
15-10-2011, 07:58 PM
i voted to stay but just until christmas then if results havent changed get a new man in before the transfer window.

Saorsa
15-10-2011, 07:59 PM
i voted to stay but just until christmas then if results havent changed get a new man in before the transfer window.:tsk tsk:

he should have been emptied long since.

c31
15-10-2011, 08:00 PM
He should have been sacked at the end of last season, if the new board Fife Hyland and whoever is in charge now don’t get their act together and sack this guy next week were are relegated and the season tickets next season will be about 2000 - if we are lucky.
Do they read this forum and get the feelings of the fans or are they just a bunch of amateurs trying to run a football club

TheEastTerrace
15-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Go.

But the board are a serious concern in my eyes too. I read interviews with John Henry in the Guardian last week and he brings in the right people at his clubs to make the sporting decisions ON the field. We do not have this. What are Scott Lindsay's qualifications to be director of football operations?

sesoim
15-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I was one of the VERY few folk who really criticized CC's appointment and all he has done is prove my judgement rights again as usual (:wink:).

So, in short, go now CC. And whoever appointed him and decided he was worth turning down £300k for in the summer should go as well. They've probably cost Hibs a couple of million over the last year through lost revenue, never mind the amount that will have to be spent repairing the damage that's been done.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Should have gone in the summer. Empty the clown.

ronaldo7
15-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Should have gone in the summer. Empty the clown.

I never ever thought I'd ever see those words from you:rolleyes:

Joe
15-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Where are we going at the moment? We are just listing, going nowhere.

Calderwood has to be the worst manager we have had since Jim Duffy,give him the boot NOW!!!

joe breezy
15-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Has to be a rigorous change in the club, not just the manager...

Hibby D
15-10-2011, 10:29 PM
A couple of months ago I voted in a poll on here for CC to go. I was angry...in fact I was raging.

Now, I don't care enough to vote. I'm no longer angry. I'm simply fed up and that's bad news for the club.

R'Albin
15-10-2011, 10:32 PM
A couple of months ago I voted in a poll on here for CC to go. I was angry...in fact I was raging.

Now, I don't care enough to vote. I'm no longer angry. I'm simply fed up and that's bad news for the club.

Feel exactly the same way right now:agree:

Newhaven
15-10-2011, 10:46 PM
I'd love to hear from those that want him to stay how they can justify their decision.

AL-Qaholik
15-10-2011, 10:47 PM

This. :agree:

Sad, sad times...

Dinkydoo
15-10-2011, 10:51 PM
He needs to go.

Can't vote since i'm posting on my iPod but I've had enough; little improvement, uninspiring signings, poor quality of football.......

Baader
15-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Can't think of one positive attribute he has brought us. Just unbelievable to think we could have got rid and cashed in. Please just go.

McHibby
15-10-2011, 11:22 PM
I honestly don't know. I feel so fed up (like a lot of people it would seem) that all the passion is being slowly drained from me as the weeks go on. I desperately wanted him to do well, as with all Hibby managers, but it just feels like we're treading water. Every season now is like bloody ground hog day. And to top it all not only are we playing awful football the players appear to live in parallel universe where not trying will improve the situation. They come across as having no fight or steel. (admittedly, that might be unfair cos i've only seen them twice this season and rely on hibs radio and bbc). But I think I've just typed myself into forming an opinion! It just doesn't seem to be happening for Colin at hibs. Perhaps it's time for him to go. Perhaps it was a ridiculous decision by the board not to allow him to leave in the summer. What a mess.

SMAXXA
15-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Theres a name, what about Paul Sturrock? It strikes me that the guy has done aright down south and he may be a good shout. To be fair only over the last few weeks have I seen what job he has done at Southend and got me thinking he hasn't donee that bad moving down there.

soupy
16-10-2011, 08:43 AM
I had enough of him weeks ago.....

Don Giovanni
16-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Might as well find out the opinion of everyone so far. I was reluctant to start a poll but 90% against is pretty damning. CC has now had a whole year, two transfer windows (in which he's been able to ship out the majority of the previous squad and replace with his own team) and has taken us to a point off bottom after the first round of games. Im not sure we're worse but I'm certain that we are no better since his arrival. It's not good enough. Time to go...

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Saw that Notts Forest paid 250k for a manager from another championship side. We turned down more than that for CC when he was wanted as an assistant. The logic behind that shows how divorced from football reality, the big hitters at our club are. IMO Petrie and Calderwood come as one package if one goes, then both go. This season is write-off already but the method and direction of the policy makers is not working. The criteria for Calderwood to be sacked has to come from the Chairman alone, and also that his contributory negligence is such that he has to say he has reached the end of his own shelf-life. With this appointment, Petrie has put himself firmly on the hook.

ManBearPig
16-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I was reluctant to start a poll but 90% against is pretty damning. CC has now had a whole year, two transfer windows (in which he's been able to ship out the majority of the previous squad and replace with his own team) and has taken us to a point off bottom after the first round of games. Im not sure we're worse but I'm certain that we are no better since his arrival. It's not good enough. Time to go...

As the good Don knows I actually was a big CC fan as an assistant at the toon I thought he was very instrumental in bringing them back to prem. But even now I concede the man has to go. No sign of improvement and even the good signings are looking average in a team which couldnt care.

basehibby
16-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I've thought long and hard over this and it's time to go for CC IMO :bye:

I thought it was worth persisting with him in the summer as the club desperately needed continuity at the helm - he's now had the chance to rebuild over a summer and a winter transfer window and the team he's put together is patently not delivering. We've played every team in the league now while hosting many of our weaker oponents at ER - we as a support have every right to EXPECT a better league position at this stage.

I would say he's now been given ample oportunity and has failed to deliver - time to give someone else a crack at what should be considered one of the plum jobs in Scotish football. Michael O'Neill would be my first choice - a guy with strong links to Hibs who has shown genuine promise in his managerial career so far - don't let the grass grow under yer feet would be my advice to the board!

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 03:15 PM
I think he should go, i'd imagine you all know that. :wink: A big problem we have is this board, the present incumbents have backed themselves into a corner.

When they could have recieved money for him, they declined. Now to get rid, he will want compo, any new manager if he's employed by another club, will want compo.

So when we appoint this new man, will he have any funds?

Would the new man come under these conditions?

There's a lot of questions, and this present Hibs board need to come up with the answers pronto.

HibsMax
16-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Still sticking with my "give him to Christmas" stance. If we're still languishing in the nether regions of the SPL with no signs of significant improvement then I will likely change my mind.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-10-2011, 03:33 PM
A couple of months ago I voted in a poll on here for CC to go. I was angry...in fact I was raging.Now, I don't care enough to vote. I'm no longer angry. I'm simply fed up and that's bad news for the club. HD, it comes across quite clearly in a lot of your posts the level of your affection for Hibs, when people like yourself are saying this and it would seem the numbers are increasing on a weekly basis its surely time for the club to take notice. I feel exactly the same way myself.

Leith Green
16-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Sacking Calderwood should be Petries last task at Hibernian, he has to go too..

iwasthere1972
16-10-2011, 05:37 PM
How many times have I been asked this question?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS3ixmsQgCk

CC :taxi :bye: :bye: :bye: :asshole:

Wheat Hound
16-10-2011, 08:32 PM
So, essentially 90% on this poll want rid of CC now. I remember in the past such polls being mentioned in the media not long before Mixu and Yogi were mutually agreemented - hopefull this one can do likewise and speed the removal of clueless.

nortonhibby
16-10-2011, 08:49 PM
So, essentially 90% on this poll want rid of CC now. I remember in the past such polls being mentioned in the media not long before Mixu and Yogi were mutually agreemented - hopefull this one can do likewise and speed the removal of clueless.

one fly in the ointment no other of the useless ones were offered to the club 300k yes you heard it right 300k just before there party was over.

we have at least a year to suffer so best wave at RP And prey he knows what he is doing:confused: cos i for one have not got a scooby doo

Viva_Palmeiras
16-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Fwiw voted go and that's the first time ever I've voted as such for any manager.
I said it was becoming increasingly difficult to stick with him. Now I feel the time has come

Just goes to show honesty is not always the best policy CC.

I don't really know where the club goes from here worrying times but we need to have someone at the helm in the mould of a Mcleish who understands the demands of the support and works to instill the importance of the derby and what it means to play for hibs. Most of all we need a leader - can we afford one ? My response would be can we afford not to?

nortonhibby
16-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Fwiw voted go and that's the first time ever I've voted as such for any manager.
I said it was becoming increasingly difficult to stick with him. Now I feel the time has come

Just goes to show honesty is not always the best policy CC.

I don't really know where the club goes from here worrying times but we need to have someone at the helm in the mould of a Mcleish who understands the demands of the support and works to instill the importance of the derby and what it means to play for hibs. Most of all we need a leader - can we afford one ? My response would be can we afford not to?

RP Will only accept some one that is free no compo the cheap option which will involve major changes and hatd cash spent in January.

omption B Stick with CC.

degenerated
16-10-2011, 10:15 PM
RP Will only accept some one that is free no compo the cheap option which will involve major changes and hatd cash spent in January.

omption B Stick with CC.

even google translate is struggling to work this one out for me, can you give me a clue and let me at least know what language it's in
:greengrin

Sir David Gray
16-10-2011, 10:32 PM
I've had a family bereavement to deal with over the past couple of days and I wasn't at the match yesterday and when I heard the score, I honestly couldn't have cared less.

With regards to Calderwood, I've moved way beyond the stage of anger or wanting to protest about him being removed. His record speaks for itself, it is unacceptable and completely indefensible.

It's currently;

P-45
W-12
D-9
L-24
F-49
A-70

Win %-26.666%

I really thought that we had turned the corner with our performance in the cup at Fir Park last month and our comeback against Dundee Utd was commendable but Saturday, by all accounts, was as bad as anything that a Hibs side has produced since Calderwood took over.

Tuesday marks the first anniversary of his time in charge and in those 12 months, we have certainly not made any progress at all and we've actually probably gone backwards quite a bit in that time.

Considering the mess that we were in at the time of his appointment, that is quite a damning verdict.

snooky
16-10-2011, 10:34 PM
He's had more than a fair kick at the baw and extra time is over .....

:chop:

StevieC
17-10-2011, 12:25 AM
I said at the start of the season he should be given till the end of the year to turn things around so I would be a hypocrite to change my stance.
There have been signs of improvement and I think he made tactical changes against St Johnstone that won us the game.
However, yesterday he made tactical changes that, IMO, lost us the game so I'm currently getting swayed heavily towards the "go" camp.

Allant1981
17-10-2011, 05:53 AM
There has been a big turn over in players so its only natural that it will take a bit of time but SOME of the players just dont look interested and the manager has to be the one to get them interested. I would personally give him to christmas to see if results improve. There is a decent team there they just need to get the finger out and start winning some games

flash
17-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Let me think. His signings are awful, tactics unfathomable and he doesn't even want to be here.

Get him out, make wholesale changes in the running of the club from top to bottom and, if at all possible, get rid of Farmer and find a major shareholder who actually gives a toss.

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Duffy: -

30 Dec, 1996
02 Feb, 1998
P 46
W 8
D 15
L 23

Calderwood: -

18 Oct, 2010
Present
P 45
W 11
D 10
L 24

If someone had told us when we'd appointed CC that we'd still have him as our manager after a record like that, you would presume that there would be some tangible reason for it (the 'he needs more time' argument ran out quite some time ago now). There is nothing though - in all his time being here we have never looked solid at the back, have never played consistently well, and the football has been horrendous. And we have deservedly lost LOADS of games.

September we were still **** but in a more entertaining way - we have goals in us but teams look like they will score every time they come at us. After the unmitigated disaster that was last season, we are now more than a quarter of the way into this one and we are one point from bottom, and it would take a monumental turnaround in us to even be top 6 contenders.

His tenure has been an utterly dismal failure, and he really has to go.

Gatecrasher
17-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Still sticking with my "give him to Christmas" stance. If we're still languishing in the nether regions of the SPL with no signs of significant improvement then I will likely change my mind.

I Normally agree with a lot of what you have to say but i cant this time, if something is done sooner rather than later we can still salvage something out of the season if the right choices are made, if we wait untill the end of december then we are likely to be in another relegation scrap.

HibsMax
17-10-2011, 08:28 PM
I Normally agree with a lot of what you have to say but i cant this time, if something is done sooner rather than later we can still salvage something out of the season if the right choices are made, if we wait untill the end of december then we are likely to be in another relegation scrap.

I'm not oblivious to what is going on and I see nothing really that makes me feel like we should stick with him, I'm just giving the guy the same length of rope as I said I would at the start of this season. When I said I would give him til Christmas, I didn't include any performance caveats. Put it this way, I still think it's possible for us to come good in the next couple of months. (possible rather than probable). If we're still sinking fast at Christmas then I personally think the "he's not had enough time" argument will be dead.

Ideally the club will have someone else lined up / prepped and if they do make a replacement then they have to do so at a time that allows the new man a little time to pick up a couple of key players.

caveat : if emptying CC is going to cost us money then we need to offset that against other financial factors i.e.,
can we afford to get rid of him versus can we afford to keep him

Q. how long does the new guy get? (just getting that one out the way nice and early :wink:).

Gatecrasher
17-10-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm not oblivious to what is going on and I see nothing really that makes me feel like we should stick with him, I'm just giving the guy the same length of rope as I said I would at the start of this season. When I said I would give him til Christmas, I didn't include any performance caveats. Put it this way, I still think it's possible for us to come good in the next couple of months. (possible rather than probable). If we're still sinking fast at Christmas then I personally think the "he's not had enough time" argument will be dead.

Ideally the club will have someone else lined up / prepped and if they do make a replacement then they have to do so at a time that allows the new man a little time to pick up a couple of key players.

caveat : if emptying CC is going to cost us money then we need to offset that against other financial factors i.e.,
can we afford to get rid of him versus can we afford to keep him

Q. how long does the new guy get? (just getting that one out the way nice and early :wink:).

I usually plan on giving the new guy about 18 months but if there's no improvement being made i feel we need to act sooner than that,i just cant convince myself that its going to get any better.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 08:51 PM
I usually plan on giving the new guy about 18 months but if there's no improvement being made i feel we need to act sooner than that,i just cant convince myself that its going to get any better.

Thats the main point in this whole shambles, there has been no improvement at all. In fact its got worse, much worse. This is the reason he needs emptying now.

marleyhib
17-10-2011, 08:59 PM
I don't think we can afford to keep him.

Crowds down about 3,000 per game at the moment, must be costing us about £60-70k a game in ticket and food sales (rough estimate).

I know for a fact that sales in the club shop are massively down too.

Sack him, get someone to put a rocket up the arse of the team and make them fight, give them some belief.

Lots of folk saying Petrie should go too, one things for sure he and the board can't be trusted to pick the next manger - they know it - maybe that's why they let Calderwood blunder on as they have no other option.

Apathy on the pitch, apathy in the stands, where now for Hibs?

If Calderwood goes who next, been here before a lot recently.

HibsMax
17-10-2011, 10:44 PM

Don't worry, I'm gradually catching up with everyone else. ;)