View Full Version : Who remembers...

15-10-2011, 07:49 PM
when we used to play football like Motherwell did today.

Taught us a lesson in the first half and I was thoroughly depressed at watching us misplace simple passes over and over again, have no movement, and be totally outworked and outplayed by Motherwell.

Second half was marginally better, but not much.

Am I right in saying we managed no shots on target today? I can't remember any.

Genuinely am of the opinion that CC can go now. We haven't really improved at all. Moments here and there in games, maybe you could argue we look a little better. For the vast majority of today's game I wished it was someone else's team I was watching and not mine.

When you're not even getting basics right - crossing a ball, finding a team mate with a pass, tracking a run, not allowing a striker a free header, hitting the target with a shot - unchallenged- inside the box... then you have to come to the conclusion that it's simply nowhere near good enough. Unacceptable.

I've read posts saying CC should get til the next window so long we are not cut adrift at the bottom, sorry, but WTF?! We are Hibs - if we're not in contention for top 6 come the next window then CC should be out, if not before then.

Sorry CC, you'll never get 4th place if you can't win games at home like this. And you will never, ever, ever get 4th place with performances like that.

nortonhibby
15-10-2011, 08:04 PM

Taught us a lesson in the first half and I was thoroughly depressed at watching us misplace simple passes over and over again, have no movement, and be totally outworked and outplayed by Motherwell.

Genuinely am of the opinion that CC can go now. We haven't really improved at all. Moments here and there in games, maybe you could argue we look a little better. For the vast majority of today's game I wished it was someone else's team I was watching and not mine.

When you're not even getting basics right - crossing a ball, finding a team mate with a pass, tracking a run, not allowing a striker a free header, hitting the target with a shot - unchallenged- inside the box... then you have to come to the conclusion that it's simply nowhere near good enough. Unacceptable.

I've read posts saying CC should get til the next window so long we are not cut adrift at the bottom, sorry, but WTF?! We are Hibs - if we're not in contention for top 6 come the next window then CC should be out, if not before then.

Sorry CC, you'll never get 4th place if you can't win games at home like this. And you will never, ever, ever get 4th place with performances like that.

Fast flowing free flowing passing one touch football:flag:Mogga back in 06, hoofball since then under CC More like Rugby tactics :taxi taxi for CC And RP, DAs team done well yet again today.

15-10-2011, 08:05 PM

I remember it alright but many on here seem to think it was due to a certain manager "getting lucky" with the amount of talented young players coming through.

Oh and Wotherspoon's free kick was the shot on target I recall in the pitiful 37% possession we had.

15-10-2011, 09:34 PM
I remember it alright but many on here seem to think it was due to a certain manager "getting lucky" with the amount of talented young players coming through.

Oh and Wotherspoon's free kick was the shot on target I recall in the pitiful 37% possession we had.

It was even worse listening to the radio on the way back, hearing Danny Lennon going on about how St Mirren would stick to their philosophy of playing a passing, attacking game, with the pundits waxing lyrical on the merits of St Mirren, Kilmarnock, and Motherwell sticking to their guns and playing an attractive brand of football. That used to be us.

I wasn't sure if Wotherspoon's shot was going to hit the bar anyway, which is why I didn't include it, btw. Suppose he deserves the benefit of the doubt, so well done Spoony for getting our only shot on target. Over 90 minutes. At home. To Motherwell. Braw.:rolleyes:

Don Giovanni
16-10-2011, 09:11 AM
...in the pitiful 37% possession we had. Is that right? 37% possession. At home.To Motherwell. Shocking. :bitchy:

16-10-2011, 10:08 AM
I thought motherwell were p1sh.

16-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I remember coming away from fir park after winning 6-1 and thinking what a team, this was getting up there with the tornadoes. I know most of that team have been sold, but we failed to replace any of them with any type of quality.

I also know we cant replace like for like, but to drop from that to what we have now is staggering, and so frustrating.

16-10-2011, 02:20 PM

Except last paragraph... I know he's said 4th (I suspect board pressure) but on the form past 12 months there's no way we will get top 6.

We look certainties to be bottom third...

16-10-2011, 02:49 PM

Except last paragraph... I know he's said 4th (I suspect board pressure) but on the form past 12 months there's no way we will get top 6.

We look certainties to be bottom third...

I hope it was board pressure for 4th - that should be their minimum requirement.

16-10-2011, 02:55 PM
This Hibernian side is bottom 6 material. Relegation candidates for sure. Anyone that thinks different and has aspirations for top 6 then you need your head examined.

The crowds are not dwindling like flies for nothing, We are going absolutely nowhere under CC.

This man has to be sacked sooner rather than later or we are in grave danger of going down. All in my humble opinion ofcourse.

In 5 years we have went from the most entertaining side in the spl to one of the worst. Our home record is absolute shambolic and still their are fans 'unsure' as to CC sacking.

Fans are turning their backs in droves, We/they have had enough.Its the manner in which we are losing games now. Calderwood needs relieved of his duties, And it needs done now!.

16-10-2011, 02:57 PM
I hope it was board pressure for 4th - that should be their minimum requirement.

All the interviews with SL & FH suggest to me that's exactly what their expectations are.

I don't think any Hibs manager should be sacked for not getting 4th position but most certainly any Hibs manager not competing for 4th should be.

And I see nothing. Absolutely nothing to suggest we will be in mix competing for 4th.

Unless the board are seeing something we appear not to be then they need to act.

16-10-2011, 03:04 PM
One from Junior Agogo in the first half too. Another was likely going in had a defender not blocked it. Just for officialness...

EK_Hibs
16-10-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't think any Hibs manager should be sacked for not getting 4th position but most certainly any Hibs manager not competing for 4th should be.

And I see nothing. Absolutely nothing to suggest we will be in mix competing for 4th.

I've noticed quite a few posters mentioning 4th place...
Clearly we're now THAT BAD that any talk of challenging for 3rd is now banned?

CC needs to walk away now... I'm sick of watching his gutless hoofball garbage.

16-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Thats two posters on this thread mention hoofball. Whata load of bollocks. Try watching the games. It migh not be great but its not hoofball or Rugby tactics I hate it when pish like this gets repeated over and over till it becomes fact.

16-10-2011, 03:59 PM
The worst part for me was the sheer amateurism at times, when we lost the goal it was down to players not marking at a throw in, something you would not see down on the links !. This we are told is the way forward and he is the man for the job, aye right ! I had the odd glance at BB when i could take my eye off the wonderful football ! and he was going nuts and it looked like he was telling CC what needed changing , he looked more like the manager than CC .

16-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Thats two posters on this thread mention hoofball. Whata load of bollocks. Try watching the games. It migh not be great but its not hoofball or Rugby tactics I hate it when pish like this gets repeated over and over till it becomes fact.Agreed. If anyone, it was Motherwell who had the long punts from the keeper, looking for the knockdowns to their fast right winger. More often than not, Stack would roll or pass the ball to one of our back two, who would look for a pass. One of the problems we had was that the Motherwell attackers were closing down our back line.

And who allowed the Motherwell fans to bring that drum into the game?

16-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Thats two posters on this thread mention hoofball. Whata load of bollocks. Try watching the games. It migh not be great but its not hoofball or Rugby tactics I hate it when pish like this gets repeated over and over till it becomes fact. :agree: The team are trying to play football and we are not a hoofball side.

16-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I've noticed quite a few posters mentioning 4th place...Clearly we're now THAT BAD that any talk of challenging for 3rd is now banned?CC needs to walk away now... I'm sick of watching his gutless hoofball garbage.Sure nobody is banned from talking about third, but 4th came from CC therefore i think it's reaonable to use that benchmark to measure him against.

16-10-2011, 04:21 PM
The way that 10 hibs players watched a Motherwell player run into the box without making a challenge tells you all you need to know. Even when they did decide to do something, two of them ran over and did nothing. 1-0 flattered us yesterday.

Where does it leave us? Yet another clear out needed. Yet another season of transition. Yet more pish from the marketing department telling us we're in it together. 3 payments left to go on my season ticket. Can't wait till it's over. 400quid that I'll never see again. HFC can go do one as far as I feel right now. As much as CC looks like he doesn't know how to turn things around, it's safe to say our board have also consistently shown they're not capable of running the club properly.

I love watching football but hibs have just caused me nothing but frustration over the last 3-4 years.

16-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Thats two posters on this thread mention hoofball. Whata load of bollocks. Try watching the games. It migh not be great but its not hoofball or Rugby tactics I hate it when pish like this gets repeated over and over till it becomes fact.

Sorry but I watch the games as much if not more of them than yourself, and I see a lot of balls being hoofed diagonally and reaching nobody. You would imagine they are being coached to play these balls in training.

Whats pish is watching that rubbish week in week out, you would have to come to the conclusion that people repeatedly complaining about hoofball may have a point in what they are saying surely?

16-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Sorry but I watch the games as much if not more of them than yourself, and I see a lot of balls being hoofed diagonally and reaching nobody. You would imagine they are being coached to play these balls in training.

Whats pish is watching that rubbish week in week out, you would have to come to the conclusion that people repeatedly complaining about hoofball may have a point in what they are saying surely?

Are you really saying a dagonal ball over the top is hoofball?:confused:

Hoofball is punting it up the middle looking fir someone to knock it on. We dont do that.

Good for you for watching as much f not more of the games than me by the way.

16-10-2011, 04:36 PM
The way that 10 hibs players watched a Motherwell player run into the box without making a challenge tells you all you need to know. Even when they did decide to do something, two of them ran over and did nothing. 1-0 flattered us yesterday.

Where does it leave us? Yet another clear out needed. Yet another season of transition. Yet more pish from the marketing department telling us we're in it together. 3 payments left to go on my season ticket. Can't wait till it's over. 400quid that I'll never see again. HFC can go do one as far as I feel right now. As much as CC looks like he doesn't know how to turn things around, it's safe to say our board have also consistently shown they're not capable of running the club properly.

I love watching football but hibs have just caused me nothing but frustration over the last 3-4 years.

Completely how I feel. I'm actually tempted to cancel my DD and walk away. I love Hibs but dreading matchday 'experiences'.

16-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Completely how I feel. I'm actually tempted to cancel my DD and walk away. I love Hibs but dreading matchday 'experiences'. It might not make a difference to you but the payment plan is a credit agreement so you've committed to paying the full amount regardless of if you now want to or not. If you bump payments it'll damage your credit rating.

At The Edge
16-10-2011, 04:48 PM
i agree that we don't play hoofball at the moment, but what we seriously lack is any invention, players running off the ball, yesterday was a lesson in statues, so many times players passed the ball and stood still.
we are also so slow at times in getting the ball moving, quick passing is not apparantley in the Hibs training book.
The vast majority of the Hibs players seemed like the ball was a nuclear bomb and wanted nothing to do with it, getting rid of it as soon as they got it.

In the modern day when possesion of the ball is key to winning games along with crisp pass and move, Hibs at the moment are sadly lacking in that department.

16-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Are you really saying a dagonal ball over the top is hoofball?:confused:

Hoofball is punting it up the middle looking fir someone to knock it on. We dont do that.

Good for you for watching as much f not more of the games than me by the way.

Behave yourself now. Hoofball is hoofing the ball to wherever and whoever surely? Players punting aimless balls down chanels to nobody is just as bad if not worse, And definetly good for me going to watch that pish every week because it certainly isnt for entertainment.

16-10-2011, 05:11 PM
It might not make a difference to you but the payment plan is a credit agreement so you've committed to paying the full amount regardless of if you now want to or not. If you bump payments it'll damage your credit rating.

Hmmm.... wasn't so sure this was the case?

One things for sure having purchased season tickets since 1994 I have no intention of renewing next year.

And it kind of hurts to feel like that.

16-10-2011, 05:21 PM

One things for sure having purchased season tickets since 1994 I have no intention of renewing next year.

Was speaking to an older guy i know in the boozer after the game, 20 years with a season ticket but didnt bother this season it's got that bad and unenjoyable was his reason, he says what has surprised him the most is that he hasnt at any point regretted not renewing & at no point has he missed going to the Hibs games..

This is a home and away supporter for 40 years we are talking about. Petrie and co better get their fingers out because this is getting worse and worse..

16-10-2011, 05:36 PM
It might not make a difference to you but the payment plan is a credit agreement so you've committed to paying the full amount regardless of if you now want to or not. If you bump payments it'll damage your credit rating.

Correct. It's a credit agreement, not a subscription. You can't get out of it.... (I've already tried!)

16-10-2011, 06:29 PM

Things must be bad if the, apparently, Hibs obsessed are feeling like that. A number of frequent posters are saying the same thing.

nortonhibby
16-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Was speaking to an older guy i know in the boozer after the game, 20 years with a season ticket but didnt bother this season it's got that bad and unenjoyable was his reason, he says what has surprised him the most is that he hasnt at any point regretted not renewing & at no point has he missed going to the Hibs games..

This is a home and away supporter for 40 years we are talking about. Petrie and co better get their fingers out because this is getting worse and worse..

Pal of mine i spoke to this morning at a youth football game his kid plays he was a died in the wool home and away supporter for over 20 years pre season friendlies the lot.

He has completely given up he listened to the radio yesterday and switched it off after Motherwell scored totally unbeleivable that he has chucked in the towel he was the last guy i thought would give up the cause.

Last game he went to was the pre season friendly v Sunderland he wont be back till the board are removed interesting that he is not bothered about CC Its the board he blames.

nortonhibby
16-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Correct. It's a credit agreement, not a subscription. You can't get out of it.... (I've already tried!)

He is right RP Already has the doe you are paying up a credit company not RP. Although with the amount of companies RP Is a NED Its probable RP Is involved in some capacity.