PDA

View Full Version : The Brown Bomber

Dashing Bob S
15-10-2011, 07:33 PM
At least in the Musselburgh Maestro we have a ready made caretaker manager.

I think the time has come to ditch CC and install the Bomber on a temporary basis, give him till the end of the season to earn his manager's stripes.

He can't be worse than CC.

ronaldo7
15-10-2011, 08:04 PM
He's in place now. What's wrong with him saying what's required now if he's that good. Billy's no shrinking violet so I don't see why he can't speak up NOW.

H18sry
15-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Heard today at the game that BB does not rate a lot of our players :agree:

nortonhibby
15-10-2011, 08:11 PM

I Also received that information, major input of new players at least 7 was what i heard in January CC Was not impressed at his new players being put down.:confused:

ronaldo7
15-10-2011, 08:13 PM

That's really nice of him. Hope he has the balls to tell the players to their face.

degenerated
15-10-2011, 08:15 PM

Neither do I if I'm being honest.

Speedway
15-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Where was the Bobby Brown effect today then?

I know he's called Billy but I can change it to Bobby if I want. That's my perogative.

nortonhibby
15-10-2011, 08:18 PM
That's really nice of him. Hope he has the balls to tell the players to their face.

Can i do it for him please and take CC:taxi

H18sry
15-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Was it his changes at h/t which saw a much improved 2nd half?

ronaldo7
15-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Was it his changes at h/t which saw a much improved 2nd half?

:dunno: I thought they were now a management "team", and if one fails they both do. Personally I'd clean the lot of them out and start again.

Thecat23
15-10-2011, 08:31 PM

I know he's called Billy but I can change it to Bobby if I want. That's my perogative.

I'll call him Bobby too.. Because "two can play that game"......... I'll get ma coat.

Jonnyboy
15-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I Also received that information, major input of new players at least 7 was what i heard in January CC Was not impressed at his new players being put down.:confused:

To be honest a fair few of them deserve to be put down

Gettin' Auld
15-10-2011, 10:07 PM
That makes two of us.

keep the faith
15-10-2011, 10:38 PM

Made me laugh that one! :)

sesoim
16-10-2011, 12:05 AM
He's in place now. What's wrong with him saying what's required now if he's that good. Billy's no shrinking violet so I don't see why he can't speak up NOW.

There's a limit to what an assistant can do when you have a clueless manager in charge. If you went in and told CC to his face that he has done a crap job and signed a bunch of horsesh*t you'd end up getting shown the door.

All Billy can do at the moment is work with CC to get the best out of tha players he has signed. Once CC gets the sack, he (or another manager) can start clearing out his signings and sign a few decent defenders and midfielders in January.

sesoim
16-10-2011, 12:11 AM
:dunno: I thought they were now a management "team", and if one fails they both do. Personally I'd clean the lot of them out and start again.

Yeah, but one is the manager and the other is only his (recently appointed) assistant. It's not Billy's fault if CC is hopeless. And it's not Billy's fault that he has to try and get the best out of a team that doesn't have one decent central defender and only a bunch of misfiring flops to choosee from in most other positions.

WellingtonHibby
16-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Heard today at the game that BB does not rate a lot of our players :agree: me neither, likes.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 08:32 AM
There's a limit to what an assistant can do when you have a clueless manager in charge. If you went in and told CC to his face that he has done a crap job and signed a bunch of horsesh*t you'd end up getting shown the door.

All Billy can do at the moment is work with CC to get the best out of tha players he has signed. Once CC gets the sack, he (or another manager) can start clearing out his signings and sign a few decent defenders and midfielders in January.

We were supposed to be doing that this time? Quality instead of quantity was Calderwoods mantra, well thats not worked out well Colin. :rolleyes:

ronaldo7
16-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Yeah, but one is the manager and the other is only his (recently appointed) assistant. It's not Billy's fault if CC is hopeless. And it's not Billy's fault that he has to try and get the best out of a team that doesn't have one decent central defender and only a bunch of misfiring flops to choosee from in most other positions.

A long in the tooth 60 year old who is supposed to take no prisoners. Let's hear it then Billy. He shouldn't need any time to settle in, and I've seen other guys get something out of duds at other clubs. Why can't we?

Northernhibee
16-10-2011, 09:14 AM
A long in the tooth 60 year old who is supposed to take no prisoners. Let's hear it then Billy. He shouldn't need any time to settle in, and I've seen other guys get something out of duds at other clubs. Why can't we? I'd say that little unbeaten streak was 100% down to BB.You cannae shine a *****, our duds will remain duds no matter who is on the touchline.

Phil D. Rolls
16-10-2011, 09:42 AM
We were supposed to be doing that this time? Quality instead of quantity was Calderwoods mantra, well thats not worked out well Colin. :rolleyes:

:agree: How many times can we ring wholesale changes and expect everything to be OK overnight. It's the road to the first division.

Feed McGraw
16-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Maybe we could change some of the players names too. Lionel or Cristiano - something like that. :greengrin

nortonhibby
16-10-2011, 04:46 PM
A long in the tooth 60 year old who is supposed to take no prisoners. Let's hear it then Billy. He shouldn't need any time to settle in, and I've seen other guys get something out of duds at other clubs. Why can't we?

There are duds and there are bad duds CCs duds are so bad even Alex Ferguson could not do anything with them.

Are they better duds than what Dunfermline and Inverness have ? IMO Inverness will scrape enough points TB Is a good manager as for Dunfermline CCs duds are better than there duds we will scrape enough points to get more than Dunfermline.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-10-2011, 07:15 PM

Two can play that game...
I'm fed up cos all you wanna do is criticise - so what if it was Alexander ?
That's my perogative ;)