PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Barcelona

Edinburgh Green
15-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Barcelona have just scored an unbelievable goal, they are untouchable at the moment :not worth

greenlex
15-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Barcelona have just scored an unbelievable goal, they are untouchable at the moment :not worth

I reckon Spain might give them a game.:agree:

Stewboy
15-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Amazing how we are happy to fall over Barca yeyt hate the old firm

I am sure the tv money they get is actually worse for the other clubs than the deal in the spl for the old firm

Teo10
15-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm going to watch them against Mallorca at the Nou Camp in two weeks time... Don't really want to go back to ER after it!

Hibercelona
15-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Amazing how we are happy to fall over Barca yeyt hate the old firm

I am sure the tv money they get is actually worse for the other clubs than the deal in the spl for the old firm

Are you kiding me?! :confused:

You're comparing arguably the greatest team in the world to the 2 biggest bucky drinking, bile singing jakey institutions? :hilarious

Edit: Infact, its not even up for debate. They are the greatest team in the world by far.

JHanlon
15-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Are you kiding me?! :confused:

You're comparing arguably the greatest team in the world to the 2 biggest bucky drinking, bile singing jakey institutions? :hilarious

Edit: Infact, its not even up for debate. They are the greatest team in the world by far.

Agreed!

McHibby
15-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I kinda get what stewboy means though. Spanish football is completely dominated by two teams, one of which is guaranteed to win the league each season, making it boring for the fans of all the other teams. All the sponsorship and telly rights are weighed in their favour, meaning the money is not being fairly distributed and the other clubs cant hope to compete with them financially. Take quality of football out of it for a minute and it's clear to see it's not a healthy situation.

James.
16-10-2011, 12:48 AM
It's maybe not as noticeable due to the fact clubs like Atletico, Villareal & Sevilla still manage to compete reasonably well in Europe. Seems like every league in Europe is getting like this with an elite couple of clubs.

Hibercelona
16-10-2011, 02:03 AM
I kinda get what stewboy means though. Spanish football is completely dominated by two teams, one of which is guaranteed to win the league each season, making it boring for the fans of all the other teams. All the sponsorship and telly rights are weighed in their favour, meaning the money is not being fairly distributed and the other clubs cant hope to compete with them financially. Take quality of football out of it for a minute and it's clear to see it's not a healthy situation.

Fair points.

But teams like Barcalona are magnificant and thats why people admire them. Even other teams in their own league admire them and even fans from those other teams stand up and applaud some of their goals.

Most people don't dislike the OF because they dominate the SPL. We hate them for pretty much every other reason known to man. :na na:

'Mon the Hibs
16-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Barca are blessed with an amazing squad, which they have built over the last 5-10 years (if you include puyol, xavi,messi and pedro). Although spending money! The have a great set up and a great manager, and at this time we should be in awe at the achievement they are doing- how often is this going to happen again?? Real are big spending, with good youth. 4-5 years ago, it wasn't such a foregone conclusion- Valencia and others were up there. Enjoy there greatness whilst it's here...

Barca are special right now- enjoy it whilst it's here.

I hate rangers and Celtic...... And hearts

All league are dominated by a select few teams. That's the way it is and it will get worse before it gets better......

Sent from my icrap whilst pished

Stewboy
16-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Thanks McHibby - that is exactly the point

Obviously watch and enjoy as they are by far the best side in the world but it helps when everything is weighted for you

CallumLaidlaw
16-10-2011, 06:59 AM
I was at the Barca game last night. First time at the nou camp and what an experience. Fantastic atmosphere, fans able to bring their own food and beer into the game, stunning stadium, and that team.
They are an absolute joy to watch. When they lose the ball, you just KNOW they are going to get it back. Playing against them must be the most tiring and frustrating experience of a pro footballer. Xavi, iniesta,alves, puyol, messi & Pedro are absolutely on a different level.
My 6 year old, who spends 70 minutes of hibs games asking how long is left, didn't want the game to end. They just always look for the simple pass, and are always making space for each other.

Yes they have a financial advantage, but you cannot help but admire the football they play.

Sylar
16-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks McHibby - that is exactly the point

Obviously watch and enjoy as they are by far the best side in the world but it helps when everything is weighted for you

Utter drivel IMO.

Their youth system is one which should be replicated the world over, having produced such quality as Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro, Thiaggo, Bojan, Puyol, Pique. That doesn't come without serious hard work from the grass roots level!

fife hfc
17-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Planning a trip to the Nou Camp for a game in March/ April and was wondering if anybody could suggest a hotel. Its only me and my son so nothing fancy, just clean....and cheap!

After reading the comments above I plan to go to the stadium to get tickets so should be fine there.

CallumLaidlaw
17-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Planning a trip to the Nou Camp for a game in March/ April and was wondering if anybody could suggest a hotel. Its only me and my son so nothing fancy, just clean....and cheap!

After reading the comments above I plan to go to the stadium to get tickets so should be fine there.

We've just left the madanis apartments which we booked through booking.com for around £49 a nit for a 1 bedroom apartment. Absolutely perfect for the nou camp. Less than 5mins walk. Also 1 minute from the metro which takes you straight into city centre (10mins).

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Hat trick for Messi after 30 mins. 3-0 HT.

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Would love to see Ian Murray in that back four.