PDA

View Full Version : What Worries Me most...

Dashing Bob S
15-10-2011, 05:32 PM
...is that I'm seriously starting not to care anymore. And I'm not the only one. I can't get excited about the current debacle, evidently nobody in the boardroom sees it as a concern, and the supporters are starting to mirror that.

Have the board pretty much given up on Hibs?

Stewboy
15-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I have given up

Nobody on the payroll interested, why should I?

Hiber-nation
15-10-2011, 05:38 PM
...is that I'm seriously starting not to care anymore. And I'm not the only one. I can't get excited about the current debacle, evidently nobody in the boardroom sees it as a concern, and the supporters are starting to mirror that.

Ah but they are concerned - they have brought out a lovely light purple strip, trialled today. :rolleyes:

Seriously, they maybe thought, like a few of us did, that breaking the home win hoodoo against St Johnstone was us turning the corner but there's a lot more to it than that. We've still got half a team that can't do the basics.

cammy1969
15-10-2011, 05:46 PM
must say even in the bad old days i still went to the games but was just saying to ma old man at the game today that am not to fussed about it any more it's gona take something big to get me to renew season ticket next year

Hibs Class
15-10-2011, 05:57 PM
must say even in the bad old days i still went to the games but was just saying to ma old man at the game today that am not to fussed about it any more it's gona take something big to get me to renew season ticket next yearThat's where my son and I are just now, and judging by today's crowd there are lots of folk who have already jacked it in.

225-EasterRd
15-10-2011, 05:57 PM
It worries me also, I am seriously thinking about cancelling my direct debit, why go to watch that every week when i could pick any game and walk up pay at the gate.
The board has to do somthing soon, I know alot off ex season ticket holders, and fear there is only going to be more walking away. Once you have lost them they are gone, and it will be hard to get them back.
I dont know what the solution is but the wave off apathy spreading across Easter Rd REALLY REALLY IS WORRYING
We seem to have a group off players that dont know the basics, a manager that couldnt pick his nose, never mind his best 11 or the tactics. And a board that is burying its head in the sand.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But i am a HIBS SUPPORTER AND ALWAYS WILL BE. but just how much off my cash and how regularly i pay in to be one i am not sure.

Godsahibby
15-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Totally agree, I left at half time today because I had no interest in staying any longer and watching that. Got a season ticket but can't see myself being back there any time soon.

Bostonhibby
15-10-2011, 06:17 PM

:agree: sadly Bob, this is where I am, the Sun was out today so for the first time in a long time I didn't at least sign in and listen, went to the pub and sat in the garden drinking too much, still disappointed when the scores came through. Muttered something to our resident Currant Bun who was bigging up Stuart McCall and saying the Yams are their only challenger for the title. I will probably speak to him again in a couple of months.

Pissed off as reading the views of one or two posters who always give a balanced view of the performances I really don't see much progress or consistency of effort in some key positions, both seem too long in coming from certain players and I am reluctantly moving towards thinking Calderwoods time is up, problem is who would get anything more out of who we have, and the timing ain't great. If we were truly able to consolidate at the top end of the bottom 6 (some aspiration eh?) we could punt him and let the new guy experiment in the remaining pointless games, but I fear a relegation battle.

Had a few trips up lined up soon but have to think about it now.

Jonnyboy
15-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Today's attendance 8,518 of which I'd guess around 500 were Motherwell fans.

People are voting with their feet and who can blame them?

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-10-2011, 06:32 PM
For some of us, that have to travel a bit to home games, now it is becoming an issue if it is worth digging for the petrol money. The reasons not to go just now far outweigh the reasons to go. Having a season and not going is like going to the cinema, paying and then going home without watching. Sounds ludricrous but TBH, if we have another winter like the one just gone and we are still going backwards on the pitch I can see me blaming Jack frost and swapping the chilly east for my armchair and SSN.

mim
15-10-2011, 06:32 PM
We have been ****** for about 4 years and I admire the fans who have continued to believe.

I go along every now and then just to confirm that we really are as pish as I remember from my previous visit.

Something has to change at the top of the club.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2011, 06:36 PM

Dh
Have my train tickets for paisley, that's funny but paisley is parsley on prediction text lol. I can't see me using them though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Dh Have my train tickets for paisley, that's funny but paisley is parsley on prediction text lol. I can't see me using them though. Go to Parsley to see Herbernian?

hibsbollah
15-10-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm going now because i feel like ive got a duty to go. However, I was there on my tod because my daughter couldnt be bothered today. Thats the kind of potential lifelong fan (and her cash) that the club might miss out on if things dont get better soon.

Bostonhibby
15-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Go to Parsley to see Herbernian?

:greengrin Managed by Dylan from the Magic Roundabout.

whiskyhibby
15-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Go to Parsley to see Herbernian?

:faf::faf:

IWasThere2016
15-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Just as well we built that new stand then! :rolleyes:

nortonhibby
15-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I have given up

Nobody on the payroll interested, why should I?

We must not give up we have the best stadium outside the old firm we are Solvent and have cash in the bank.
We must move forward we should be in Europe every season and be winning cups:flag::flag: Our club is set up for this why are we not doing this ? and what do we need to do to achieve what is rightfully ours:confused:

silverhibee
15-10-2011, 07:10 PM

But what about the poor Hibby's who do stick with the team and go along and watch them, there is still a few of us left but it is grim viewing watching the Hibs, its been like this for a while too, time for the fans who do go to the games and dont like what they are watching to make the noise to the board that wee are not happy with CC, if that means a protest at the next home game then so be it, something has to be done as CC is not the answer.

Time for STF to start kicking some ass.

GloriousHibs
15-10-2011, 07:11 PM
I've been going since I was eleven, Willie Irvine was my first footballing hero. Up until recently my love for the Hibees was unwaivering. When I was a kid, the old ' Easter Road Stadium' signwriting outside the old main stand used to have the hair standing up on the back of my neck when I walked up for a game.

The famous Hibees, our wonderful stadium, the steep terracing that overlooked some of Britain's most talented footballers.

Now, everytime I go, its like something dies inside.

Its deeper than just having some poor players, everything feels wrong with the club. The marketing, communication, direction, catering, merchandise, income maximisation, facilities etc. Irrespective of the malaise facing Scottish football, we've got to fix ourselves first or there is no future

Hiber-nation
15-10-2011, 07:14 PM
I've been going since I was eleven, Willie Irvine was my first footballing hero. Up until recently my love for the Hibees was unwaivering. When I was a kid, the old ' Easter Road Stadium' signwriting outside the old main stand used to have the hair standing up on the back of my neck when I walked up for a game.

The famous Hibees, our wonderful stadium, the steep terracing that overlooked some of Britain's most talented footballers.

Now, everytime I go, its like something dies inside.

Its deeper than just having some poor players, everything feels wrong with the club. The marketing, communication, direction, catering, merchandise, income maximisation, facilities etc. Irrespective of the malaise facing Scottish football, we've got to fix ourselves first or there is no future

:agree:

Spot on mate apart from facilities I suppose. That friggin strip topped it for me today.

IWasThere2016
15-10-2011, 07:18 PM
We must not give up we have the best stadium outside the old firm we are Solvent and have cash in the bank. We must move forward we should be in Europe every season and be winning cups:flag::flag: Our club is set up for this why are we not doing this ? and what do we need to do to achieve what is rightfully ours:confused:

:confused: and ask the Board - they are the accountable ones...

LancashireHibby
15-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Didn't realise we would be playing in purple today. Think that's nothing short of embarrassing, personally. We're having enough of an identity crisis at the minute without binning our home strip!

GloriousHibs
15-10-2011, 07:24 PM
:agree:

Spot on mate apart from facilities I suppose. That friggin strip topped it for me today.

Aye was probably pushing it being negative about the facilities right enough.

Andy74
15-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Just as well we built that new stand then! :rolleyes:

As early as the start of last season we were using the extra seats. The manager has seen to it that people aren't coming anymore.

Bostonhibby
15-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Aye was probably pushing it being negative about the facilities right enough.

Not neccesarily, might be being hard on yourself.

We can have the best equipment in the world but if we don't use it properly or theres no desire to improve / nothing there in the first place, whats the point? Probably cheaper to hire a pitch at Riccarton for a couple of hours.

At the moment we are like a fish with a bloody impressive tennis racquet.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2011, 07:40 PM
As early as the start of last season we were using the extra seats. The manager has seen to it that people aren't coming anymore.

Ssh, I don't think that's quite the answer he was looking for?

nortonhibby
15-10-2011, 07:51 PM

I Wonder why, one day RP Will look out on his empire and witness a sea of empty seats and finally admit CC Was not the man i thought he was.:flag:

IWasThere2016
15-10-2011, 08:05 PM

:faf: Crowds were falling under the previous incumbent, his unworkable legacy and worst ever home record :wink:

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Picked Hibs 20 years ago when I moved here, think I might bin the ST and get a Hearts one next season!

It's not quite that bad yet is it? :na na:

johnbc70
15-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Yes I am too at the stage where I am really not that bothered, expected to get beat today and I was proved right. Even thought about putting a bet on Motherwell as I was sure they would win, which is pretty sad really.

Had a season ticket for years but was saying today that it will almost certainly be my last until things change, the board think attendances are bad just now, wait until next season if we continue down the road we are going then the board will see how low we can go. I think there are people like me who renewed thinking lets give Calderwood a chance, its the start of a new season and he has brought in his team. Well its October and I am regretting getting my season ticket and I supported Calderwood and said he needed a chance but I think his time is up and I just cannot see how he can turn this around.

Normally I would be gutted if we got beat and especially at home, but today once I left the stadium I had forgotten all about it and was thinking about what will I have for my tea tonight! I think the board will see soon that this cannot go on and the attendances will dictate that action is needed and that will have to be bye bye Colin.

Sergey
15-10-2011, 08:09 PM
After 11 matches, we're 20 points off the leaders and 1 ****in' point off the bottom.

Enough said.

edwards
15-10-2011, 08:25 PM
It's time for every fan on this site and on Mad and on Bounce to e-mail the board tonight and tomorrow and the following day and so on.
The fans no longer deserve this, It's dreadful from the board down, we are all saying it we can no longer take any more.

So get on your e-mails and let Petrie know how you feel It's the only way now.

The Green Goblin
15-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Threads like this always make my thoughts turn to the training centre and the question; what is it for and has it helped us at all? Maybe just me, but...

It's always been hard to some extent to be a hibee, but a line has been crossed and the faith is being tested, broken and lost these days.

GG

IWasThere2016
15-10-2011, 08:35 PM
After 11 matches, we're 20 points off the leaders and 1 ****in' point off the bottom.

Enough said.

Which incredibly is better than last season when it was -23 points, and we were joint bottom!!!

Bostonhibby
15-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Which incredibly is better than last season when it was -23 points, and we were joint bottom!!!

Aye, that does it for me, Calderwood must stay and thanks to the team as well for all the wonderful performances and significant improvement in such a short space of time,or is it all down to us getting a last minute winner at Inverness:wink:

IWasThere2016
15-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Ssh, I don't think that's quite the answer he was looking for?

74's response to my reply will be good though :wink:

IWasThere2016
15-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Aye, that does it for me, Calderwood must stay and thanks to the team as well for all the wonderful performances and significant improvement in such a short space of time,or is it all down to us getting a last minute winner at Inverness:wink:

:greengrin

Sergey
15-10-2011, 08:50 PM

Enough said.

Un****inbelievableGeoff.

Sad days....especially for those who have to pay and endure it.

nortonhibby
15-10-2011, 08:51 PM

NOT POSSIBLE PROVE IT:confused:

IWasThere2016
15-10-2011, 09:32 PM
NOT POSSIBLE PROVE IT:confused:

Go to fishy site - its there :wink: Then you can come back and - without shouting - concede it was so. We had 8pts, as did St Midden; Der Hun had 31pts.

jiggerman
15-10-2011, 09:35 PM
This thread sums up how I felt today. Didn't want to be there, and barely reacted to Motherwell's goal due to it being utterly expected and fading enthusiasm.

I'm totally sick of seeing opposition players reeling away in celebration and embarrassing attempts from those in Hibs jerseys to play football.

The bare stadium is embarrassing but totally understandable.

IWasThere2016
15-10-2011, 10:09 PM
The bare stadium is embarrassing but totally understandable.

The bare stadium is/was an embarrassing own goal.

It was never justified - just another priority before the team. The neglect of the latter is truly home to roost, and subsequently we are regressing as a club ..

R'Albin
15-10-2011, 10:11 PM

As soon as well scored that goal I just went to bed, I just couldn't be arsed anymore. When I woke up I was actually more annoyed by the fact the sheep and the yams won than us losing.

It was an 11pm ko for me if anyone's wondering:greengrin

Hibercelona
15-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I gave up months ago and wasn't convinced what so ever by the game against St Johnstone. I didn't even try to tune in to the game today and I wonder how many else didn't bother to either.

You know something is seriously wrong when the fans are beyond the point of feeling anything.

My biggest concern is obviously the idea of being relegated as I don't see how we would even manage to get straight back up again even if we did go down, thats just how bad we really are at the moment.

I hope for a miracle, but I really don't see one anywhere in sight.