PDA

View Full Version : What is the answer then?

SneakersO'Toole
15-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Stick with the incumbent and risk relegation or at best witness another transitional season?

Or twist to bring in someone else and likely see the same outcome as above?

Either way there is one constant in all of this and THEY have a lot to answer for.

Thecat23
15-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Stick with the incumbent and risk relegation or at best witness another transitional season?

Either way there is one constant in all of this and THEY have a lot to answer for.

There is no choice now, he must go. So what if it's another manager! I'd rather hire and fire 30 till its the right man. Petrie also needs to go. If you pay peanuts you get a monkey. Invest or face a ground with no fans and a bottom 6 team each year.

BEEJ
15-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Maybe the Board are waiting until Shamrock Rovers have completed the group stages in Europe and then they'll bring in O'Neil, fresh with European management experience? :dunno:

Just a thought. (Desparately clutching at straws smiley)

edwards
15-10-2011, 05:26 PM
There is no choice now, he must go. So what if it's another manager! I'd rather hire and fire 30 till its the right man. Petrie also needs to go. If you pay peanuts you get a monkey. Invest or face a ground with no fans and a bottom 6 team each year.

Spot on Cat the meter is running and surely Petrie must have had his bags packed before the final whistle. Personaly I wish Petrie would go with him as he is unable to pick a decent man for the job, or what we have heard from previous managers is that he has far to much of an input.

Now is the time

CC Just go.

marleyhib
15-10-2011, 05:32 PM

Thecat23
15-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Spot on Cat the meter is running and surely Petrie must have had his bags packed before the final whistle. Personaly I wish Petrie would go with him as he is unable to pick a decent man for the job, or what we have heard from previous managers is that he has far to much of an input.

Now is the time

CC Just go.

Exactly mate, Petrie should have gone when the east was completed. We need a new board and new manager. Until that happens expect us to never get above 8th never mind top 6. I'm a season ticket holder and I'll go wed. But if he's still there after that, I can safely say I'll be another who's not going back. I'm done.

truehibernian
15-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Easy to point the finger at Petrie after today but I didn't see his name on the team lines.

What I witnessed when I looked up at the clock on 13 minutes was that we were a goal down, three corners down, two shots on target down, and 11 players in hideous lilac wandering around like the international break was still ongoing. My thoughts were.....

Stack rooted to his line, yet later on is a goal saver three or four times, yet kicks the ball into touch or to nobody when there is time to look up and place.............frustrating !

Palsson......gets the ball, his only thought was ever to get rid immediately inside. Never had the bottle to take a man on, push on, take it up the park.........frustrating !

O'Hanlon......beaten in the air by both Higdon and Murphy repeatedly, yet dragged into the full back position because Palsson decides he can't be arsed...............poor defending all day for me !

Murray............played with desire and passion, his legs have gone at times, but what a tackle at the end of the game.........the only player today to come away with pass marks for the whole 90 minutes !

Hanlon........just a poor SPL footballer. Not a centre half, never in a million years a left back either. His cross, late second half, with all the time in the world as Louis Armstrong would say, was utterly miserable, much like his 90 minutes.

Scott...........wished he was late again this week.............he played like he was 5 minutes behind everyone anyway !

Towell........way better right back, first half he and Ozzy played too square, too narrow and with no drive.

Ozzy..........much improved second half, but had no options right or left when he wriggled free of tackles and made space.

Sproule............tried, failed, kept the ball boys busy on each flank !

GOC..........interesting to see him look across to CC first half for direction and get none. Then shrugged his shoulders. Played much of the game as a midfielder such was his desire to get on the ball. At least he looked interested.

Agogo........nice touches, wee link ups, but then ruins it by standing not closing down. Work rate needs upped big time.

Griffiths...........looked busy, not enough time to judge.

DW...........did well when he came on, drove forward, played a one man holding role at times, but sadly he lost cheap possession which led to danger. Not the worst.

Galbraith.............again, there is a footballer in there but he rarely comes out to play these days. That shot second half, my word........did someone in the Albion Bar catch it ?

So in short, Petrie was nowhere to be seen on the pitch today..................the clueless, hopeless, rudderless individuals in lilac were solely to blame today. And the man in the black suit. Not many people praising Motherwell either. I thought all over the pitch they were excellent. Like a team that knew each other, loved having the ball, weren't scared to keep it, and always showed for it. Shame our mob didn't see it that way really.

Blame the players not the board. That's what I would say.

nortonhibby
15-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Easy to point the finger at Petrie after today but I didn't see his name on the team lines.

What I witnessed when I looked up at the clock on 13 minutes was that we were a goal down, three corners down, two shots on target down, and 11 players in hideous lilac wandering around like the international break was still ongoing. My thoughts were.....

Stack rooted to his line, yet later on is a goal saver three or four times, yet kicks the ball into touch or to nobody when there is time to look up and place.............frustrating !

Palsson......gets the ball, his only thought was ever to get rid immediately inside. Never had the bottle to take a man on, push on, take it up the park.........frustrating !

O'Hanlon......beaten in the air by both Higdon and Murphy repeatedly, yet dragged into the full back position because Palsson decides he can't be arsed...............poor defending all day for me !

Murray............played with desire and passion, his legs have gone at times, but what a tackle at the end of the game.........the only player today to come away with pass marks for the whole 90 minutes !

Hanlon........just a poor SPL footballer. Not a centre half, never in a million years a left back either. His cross, late second half, with all the time in the world as Louis Armstrong would say, was utterly miserable, much like his 90 minutes.

Scott...........wished he was late again this week.............he played like he was 5 minutes behind everyone anyway !

Towell........way better right back, first half he and Ozzy played too square, too narrow and with no drive.

Ozzy..........much improved second half, but had no options right or left when he wriggled free of tackles and made space.

Sproule............tried, failed, kept the ball boys busy on each flank !

GOC..........interesting to see him look across to CC first half for direction and get none. Then shrugged his shoulders. Played much of the game as a midfielder such was his desire to get on the ball. At least he looked interested.

Agogo........nice touches, wee link ups, but then ruins it by standing not closing down. Work rate needs upped big time.

Griffiths...........looked busy, not enough time to judge.

DW...........did well when he came on, drove forward, played a one man holding role at times, but sadly he lost cheap possession which led to danger. Not the worst.

Galbraith.............again, there is a footballer in there but he rarely comes out to play these days. That shot second half, my word........did someone in the Albion Bar catch it ?

So in short, Petrie was nowhere to be seen on the pitch today..................the clueless, hopeless, rudderless individuals in lilac were solely to blame today. And the man in the black suit. Not many people praising Motherwell either. I thought all over the pitch they were excellent. Like a team that knew each other, loved having the ball, weren't scared to keep it, and always showed for it. Shame our mob didn't see it that way really.

Blame the players not the board. That's what I would say.

Petrie choose the man to pick the team lines AND WORSE FULLY BACKS HIM:confused:

Carheenlea
15-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Maybe the Board are waiting until Shamrock Rovers have completed the group stages in Europe and then they'll bring in O'Neil, fresh with European management experience? :dunno:

Maybe wouldn`t be wanting to wait around too long if this is to be believed.. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/dundee-united-join-sprint-to-bring-in-michael-orsquoneill-16064475.html

MotherSuperior
15-10-2011, 06:13 PM
we won't get relegated imo, and performances are actually improving. The defence is worrying tho, and believe it or not, I'm delighted Hart is almost available for selection again! If we could somehow manage to sign a couple of quality defenders in the January sales it would have a massive impact on results. It's really tough at the moment, but i still think Calderwood can build a good squad and I cringe as i write this, but i think he needs more time.

truehibernian
15-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Same players that were good enough recently to beat Saints, pull back to 3-3 v Utd, beat Well after an entertaining 120 minutes of football norton.

The players were all miles off the pace today. Can't blame Rod for that I'm afraid. We have good players at Hibs, but what we don't have IMHO is leadership and creativity on the pitch when the game is slipping away. After 8 minutes, heads dropped, and not one player really put their head above the trenches and said 'come on'. Billy Brown was trying, CC was as ever emotionless, but on the pitch, where it matters, not one pro did that........that's where I would be directing my anger today. Pure and simple.......the players !

iwasthere1972
15-10-2011, 07:18 PM

:taxi Get him out now. He couldn't coach a spider to run up a wall.

SneakersO'Toole
16-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Same players that were good enough recently to beat Saints, pull back to 3-3 v Utd, beat Well after an entertaining 120 minutes of football norton.

The players were all miles off the pace today. Can't blame Rod for that I'm afraid. We have good players at Hibs, but what we don't have IMHO is leadership and creativity on the pitch when the game is slipping away. After 8 minutes, heads dropped, and not one player really put their head above the trenches and said 'come on'. Billy Brown was trying, CC was as ever emotionless, but on the pitch, where it matters, not one pro did that........that's where I would be directing my anger today. Pure and simple.......the players !

Truehibernian, am I genuine when I say that of all the posters on this board I enjoy reading your posts the most. However on this occasion I have to disagree with you.

The dross we are witnessing on the park is the result of numerous bad decisions at board level. The decrease in attendances and increasing apathy is the same a result of the same thing.

CC is responsible for team affairs and is accountable but the regression of ths club over the last few years goes far beyond one manager and his team.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Where do we go now, what are the answers? The answer is the same every time a manager has to go, we get a new one in, and hope he can do better. Its that simple.

bingo70
16-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Where do we go now, what are the answers? The answer is the same every time a manager has to go, we get a new one in, and hope he can do better. Its that simple.

I think you're right.

I think we need an ambitious enthusiastic manager in that wants to prove himself here, someone that isn't killing time until he can get back down south again and one that the players can buy into his philosophy.

Right now, CC ticks none of the above boxes, i don't care what anyone says CC doesnt want to be here and the players are bound to know that, i don't think they're deliberately not trying but i think thats what happens when there's poor leadership from the manager, i think a lot of us will have been in a situation where we think we're working hard for our manager at work but then he's replaced by someone better and you realise just how badly you were actually doing before but can't actually pinpoint whats been getting done differently.

I think a bit enthusiasm would go a long way with the young squad we've got.

Northernhibee
16-10-2011, 10:52 AM
This might get some stick, but Sheerin from Arbroath.

A gamble, but looking at back to back promotions up to Div. 1.

The man is doing something great with them on a shoestring.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 10:56 AM
I think you're right.

I think we need an ambitious enthusiastic manager in that wants to prove himself here, someone that isn't killing time until he can get back down south again and one that the players can buy into his philosophy.

Right now, CC ticks none of the above boxes, i don't care what anyone says CC doesnt want to be here and the players are bound to know that, i don't think they're deliberately not trying but i think thats what happens when there's poor leadership from the manager, i think a lot of us will have been in a situation where we think we're working hard for our manager at work but then he's replaced by someone better and you realise just how badly you were actually doing before but can't actually pinpoint whats been getting done differently.

I think a bit enthusiasm would go a long way with the young squad we've got.

I agree with this, at any club we the fans look for inspiration from the manager. Have we ever had one as dull as this one, and i include Miller and Bertie ****in Auld in that? I remember when Mowbray spoke, everyone listened, how he talked us up and made it a happy place, a place we wanted to go to, we felt part of the club. I turn this clown off.

He's the figurehead of our club, and he's failing at everything he is challenged to do. What are you dragging your heels for Petrie?

bingo70
16-10-2011, 10:58 AM
This might get some stick, but Sheerin from Arbroath.

A gamble, but looking at back to back promotions up to Div. 1.

The man is doing something great with them on a shoestring.

I think someone like that is the way to go (although thats maybe a wee bit too low a standard) but i'd much rather go for a young manager on their way up thats going to bring fresh ideas, an enthusiasm and ambition to the club rather than some old fart thats got experience of being average and bound to have failed somewhere else otherwise they wouldn't be coming to us.

I like the idea of Michael O'neill but if truth be told my views on him are probably swayed by the fact i loved him as a player, maybe we'd be best avoiding ex players but someone in that mould.

connerg
16-10-2011, 11:18 AM

Was thinking that too! :agree:

Elephant Stone
16-10-2011, 11:23 AM

I'd rather we tried to get him now before this season becomes yet another complete write off.

snooky
16-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Startrek transporter room ticket for CC.
BB put in charge while new manager sought.
If results improve during BB's temporary leadership, give him the job + some dosh in January.
Otherwise bring in someone new and let's get the sleeves rolled up.

MrSmith
16-10-2011, 11:53 AM

I'm in deep thought right now mate!

Northernhibee
16-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Startrek transporter room ticket for CC. BB put in charge while new manager sought.If results improve during BB's temporary leadership, give him the job + some dosh in January.Otherwise bring in someone new and let's get the sleeves rolled up. I'd take a pairing of Bb as gaffer with Sheerin as assistant. Let Bb get his winning mentality in with Sheerin getting invaluable experience.

euro Hibby
16-10-2011, 04:10 PM
sadly or happily I live abroad and have not seen a game for some time. I stopped buying the game on the net since the team are playing so badly and I have other net options which cost zero and offer more entertainment. I read the papers and get reports and have too many friends who now just refuse to go to Easter Road. Its really sad, a great stadium and training facility but seemingly piss poor management over the last couple of years. This is the biggest opportunity to break the old firms grip and we find our team being one of the worst to grace the hallowed turf. By all accounts we are going backwords again. ! We have no or limited creativity in midfield, a shocking defence and a reasonable attack with question marks really over Ivan and Agogo. More hurt with Deano playing well at Killie and other clubs with less budget, let stadium and less training facilities apparently able to play consistently better football than us.
Change in football is often too quick and not being able to see the games makes judgement difficult but the stats don't lie. In our little squad, we have players like Scott, Stevenson, Galbreith, Agogo , ohanlon and maybe Hart who don't reach the minimum standard required. Our football is pish, our crowds are dropping and we need to change now !

euro Hibby
16-10-2011, 04:11 PM
obvious choice Michael O'neil..........

YehButNoBut
16-10-2011, 04:28 PM

I'm in deep thought right now mate!

It's the meaning of life, the universe, and everything :wink:

nortonhibby
16-10-2011, 04:57 PM
I agree with this, at any club we the fans look for inspiration from the manager. Have we ever had one as dull as this one, and i include Miller and Bertie ****in Auld in that? I remember when Mowbray spoke, everyone listened, how he talked us up and made it a happy place, a place we wanted to go to, we felt part of the club. I turn this clown off.

He's the figurehead of our club, and he's failing at everything he is challenged to do. What are you dragging your heels for Petrie?

RP Has a 300k reason not to sack CC.:confused:

Northernhibee
16-10-2011, 07:18 PM
RP Has a 300k reason not to sack CC.:confused:

It's more than that - when (surely not an if anymore) CC gets emptied, with compensation we could easily be looking at a net half a million pound **** up from the 'tache.

Unforgivable.

Lucius Apuleius
17-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Players to blame IMO. Coach them all you like, if you let players outjump you the way O'hanlon did not a lot thr manager can do except drop them.

Craig_in_Prague
17-10-2011, 08:32 AM
We need a new manager and we need one ASAP.

Perhaps we could outsource our recruitment to the St Johnstone chairmen?
They've had Coyle, Stark, McIness etc - whilst we seem to sign clown after clown.

Why can't Hibs get in a hungry young-ish manager that is able to have a side playing with some consistency and sufficient quality.

It's painful seeing sides with less budget, lesser facilities etc, yet playing better football than us.

Something is rotten to the core at ER and it appears to be getting worse and worse.

Hermit Crab
17-10-2011, 08:39 AM

Has he not beeninked with the NI job? :confused:

Northernhibee
17-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Players to blame IMO. Coach them all you like, if you let players outjump you the way O'hanlon did not a lot thr manager can do except drop them. Didn't CC sign him, and does CC not appear to drop some players after playing poor games?

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Every managerial appointment is a risk (as we well know), but our next one couldn't be more blindingly obvious - it has to be Michael O'Neill.

The guy has given himself considerable status with his achievements at Shamrock, has openly touted himself for a job in the SPL, has not signed a new contract so compensation for him would be minimal (helpful given what we'd have to pay CC), AND he only has a temporary assistant manager.

A management team of Michael O'Neill and Billy Brown looks great on paper and would create a bit of a buzz amongst the support IMO.

Phil MaGlass
17-10-2011, 09:31 AM
If were going to get a new manager and we dont want to pay compensation then we need to punt CC to managing the reserves and have him resign.

Even if we did that we still have the same numpties picking the next manager, so we would be no better off than before, cheap inexperienced option. Father inlaw always says "you buy something cheap it always ends up more expensive in the long term".

bawheid
17-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Every managerial appointment is a risk (as we well know), but our next one couldn't be more blindingly obvious - it has to be Michael O'Neill.

The guy has given himself considerable status with his achievements at Shamrock, has openly touted himself for a job in the SPL, has not signed a new contract so compensation for him would be minimal (helpful given what we'd have to pay CC), AND he only has a temporary assistant manager.

A management team of Michael O'Neill and Billy Brown looks great on paper and would create a bit of a buzz amongst the support IMO.

Until we decide he's a failure, give him a humourous nickname and hound him out the job like we do with most ex-players who go on to manage the club.

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Until we decide he's a failure, give him a humourous nickname and hound him out the job like we do with most ex-players who go on to manage the club.

Not for me, thanks - I was happy for Mixu and Yogi to go when they did but I never called for them to be sacked and certainly didn't ever resort to abusing them. I've spent a fair amount of time on this board defending JC, Mixu and Yogi in past times.

Even with Calderwood I've never been calling for his head in a frenzied state, and haven't insulted/abused him at any point - it is time for him to go though.

Speedway
17-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Ultimately I think that, we're being premature here. The facts are what we need to look at and the fact is that if we win all ouf remaining games and other teams win less than half of theirs, we'll be champions!!

Hardly time to be sacking the manager now is it?

SneakersO'Toole
17-10-2011, 11:52 AM

Good post.

Although I can see him taking the Dundee Utd job if/when it comes round. Hibs will stubbornly persist with CC and then when it inevitably comes to sacking him, start cursing their luck as O'Neill starts propelling Utd up the table. Its the Hibs way...

Lucius Apuleius
17-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Didn't CC sign him, and does CC not appear to drop some players after playing poor games?

Of course he did. I, however do not believe for one second that he has coached him to stand and watch a striker jump whilst he does nothing at all. Not sure who you are referencing regarding being dropped so cannot comment.

basehibby
17-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Maybe wouldn`t be wanting to wait around too long if this is to be believed.. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/dundee-united-join-sprint-to-bring-in-michael-orsquoneill-16064475.html

I will be angry if Hibs lose out to the Arabs on Michael O'Neill through inaction/indecisiveness

hibsbollah
17-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I think you're right.I think we need an ambitious enthusiastic manager in that wants to prove himself here, someone that isn't killing time until he can get back down south again and one that the players can buy into his philosophy.Right now, CC ticks none of the above boxes, i don't care what anyone says CC doesnt want to be here and the players are bound to know that, i don't think they're deliberately not trying but i think thats what happens when there's poor leadership from the manager, i think a lot of us will have been in a situation where we think we're working hard for our manager at work but then he's replaced by someone better and you realise just how badly you were actually doing before but can't actually pinpoint whats been getting done differently.I think a bit enthusiasm would go a long way with the young squad we've got.Would John Collins come back though? :stir:

MotherSuperior
17-10-2011, 02:22 PM
What is the answer? Playing players in their natural positions would be a good start! There seems to be unsolvable conundrums all over the pitch, no matter what personnel or different combinations Calderwood uses, nothing seems to work, and i still don't think he knows what his best team is. Surely he's close to coming to some definitive conclusions tho? Maybe we are getting closer to reaping the rewards of Calderwood's pragmatic approach? Slow and steady wins the race and all that?

Speedway
17-10-2011, 03:09 PM
One thing I'd like to know is that if things truly are 'rotten to the core from top to bottom' at Hibs then what's a change of manager going to do? Things will still be rotten no matter who the manager is, no?

Here is one answer:

Stack

Hart
Palsson
Murray
Stevenson

Sproule
Osbourne
Scott
Booth

O'Connor
Agogo

silverhibee
17-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Would John Collins come back though? :stir:

I think there is a place at EM for JC, he should be offered to take over the running of youth development and bring through the youth there, whether he would do it is another thing.

silverhibee
17-10-2011, 04:10 PM
One thing I'd like to know is that if things truly are 'rotten to the core from top to bottom' at Hibs then what's a change of manager going to do? Things will still be rotten no matter who the manager is, no?

Here is one answer:

Stack

Hart
Palsson
Murray
Stevenson

Sproule
Osbourne
Scott
Booth

O'Connor
Agogo

I wouldn't go back if the manager put out that back four, and how many times do i have to say it, Martin Scott is not an SPL player he is way out his depth at Hibs, and some idiot thought it would be a good idea to give him a three and half year contract. :wink: :greengrin