PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Not that there is much to rate but here goes.
Stack: kept the score at 1-0. I'd like to see him in centre mid? Why not? Everyone else gets a go! 8/10
O'hanlon: missing at first goal, some bad mistakes throughout, does he speak at all? 5/10
Murray: some cracking goal saving challenges but still made errors. He bothers his a**e, he is just not as fit in his old age! 6/10
Palsson: shadow of the player he was when he came last year, rb doesn't help! 4/10
Hanlon: good awareness on occasions, punts the ball long too often but sometimes it is not his fault 5/10
Towell: midfield? Not sure, hates getting forward! 5/10
Osborne: shows a few cracking touches, give go's but largely looks disinterested and looks as if he attempts to find areas populated by opposition players. 5/10
Sproule: shouldn't start again, poor! Doesn't work and moans, hardly inspiring! 3/10
Scott: didn't know he played today! 2/10
O'connor: poor performance, some neat touches but obviously became frustrated. 5/10
Agogo: did great, chased, got on with what was a thankless task. His touch and awareness is improving with fitness. 7/10
Subs:
Wotherspoon: much rather see him given a run in centre mid, he wants to go forward! 7/10
Galbraith: he had a wee spark but is painfully lightweight, seen more muscle in mouses willy! 6/10
Griffiths: still unsure, he has something, just unsure if we are ever going to see it!! 5/10

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.976430,-3.595550

SneakersO'Toole
15-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Stack and Agogo the only ones to get pass marks from me.

Other not so worthy mentions include O'hanlon (dud), Sproule (unfittest player in the SPL) and Scott (1st division player at best).

Hibs Class
15-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Sproule is so not on the same wavelength as his team mates. Looks like he is staking a claim for team pointer though, a role we haven't filled since chisholm left.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Currently hating Sproule, Scott, o'hanlon, Osborne, towell, palsson an d o'connor! Ruined a great weekend'

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.022377,-3.829762

At The Edge
15-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Did Jimmy Scott start the second half?
Did Palsson start the second half?

apart from Stack, Agogo and Wotherspoon when he came on, we were honking all over the pitch, players bunching up together, no-one making runs, a non existant midfield for much of the game,

anyway here goes....

Stack: would have been a hammering without him making a lot of good saves, gave plenty of encouragement as well 8/10
O'hanlon: showed a lot for the pass out from Stack which i liked.........thats about it 4/10
Murray: i like Murray but against quick players he gets ripped, still got a good football brain though which helps him more often than not 6/10
Palsson: no comment 2/10
Hanlon: sometimes he looks good, other times he makes the wrong choice, today was a wrong choice day 4/10
Towell: he played pre season for Celtic in midfield, rank was the feedback i got. he looks scared to run with the ball, can't seem to pick a pass either 4/10
Osborne: another good day bad day type player. has some tasty tricks and can defo play, good vision but by jove is he slow on making that pass at times or wanting way more time than hes going to get on the ball 5/10
Sproule: please bench him for a while, doesn't seem to read the game as his teammates do with regard to passes. 2/10
Scott: awful today, 1/10
O'connor: knows what should be happening with the ball from his team mates, doesn't usually happen, a class above but made to look like a dud with duds around him, limited to what he could do 5/10
Agogo: held up play well, some nice touches but to often there was no support to lay the ball off to 6/10
Wotherspoon: gave the team a lift when he came on, best i've seen him in a while, 7/10
Galbraith: again a good lift to the team but sometimes just takes that extra touch and the ball is lost or the attack is lost 6/10
Griffiths: he got a song for coming on..did little, but with no supply its hard 5/10

when teams like Motherwell, Killie and St Mirren are getting praised for their brand of football and after watching Hibs today, we are sadly very much lacking in all things pass on the grass football or just in general basic ability.

Not sure what the answer is.......

Albion Hibs
15-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Stack 8: A couple of really good saves, have to yet again question if he could have come for the first.

Palsson 3: Needs to wake up and look like he cares / wants to play football. I thought after the rangers game he may have progressed, does not seem to the the case. Obviously his morning roll from the albion did not help.

O'hanlon 6: Should have done better for the first goal, other than that I thought he did okay.#

Murray 7: Showed that those that rattle on about his pace are taking pash. Played well and looks very comfortable at CH.

Hanlon 7: Defended well, challenged well, and got on the end of a few balls in the motherwell box, shame he did not hit the target.

Towell 5: All of his marks come from the second half.

Osborne 6: Was nowhere in the first half, dare I say it felt like the was hiding at times. Second have he was very good.

Sproule 4: We need to get the ball in front of him more, recieving with his back to goal is not going to work.

Scott 4: Not good from him today.

O'connor 6: Some crap touches giving the ball away cheaply, needs to drop in and help more in the midfield when we are up against it.

Agogo 6: Played well, held the ball up and was one of the few to get a shot off, thought he put one in towards the end of the 2nd half.

Subs:
Wotherspoon: His best game for quite some time. well done.
Galbraith: played okay, more composure in front of goal and he may have got his name on the scoresheet.
Griffiths: I think he may be trying too hard, he is clearly gagging to score for hibs, almost as much as the fans want him to.

A pretty poor first half, we were decent in the second half against a team that is on form and playing well and currently 2nd in the league, would like to see the team that started the 2nd half start the next fixture.

marleyhib
15-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Stack good, rest woeful

Hibs Class
15-10-2011, 05:52 PM
For his miss alone Galbraith gets less than pass marks - it was our best chance and his attempt was pitiful. If he cannot hit the target with a chance like that then he shouldn't be on the pitch.

Jonnyboy
15-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Stack 8: A couple of really good saves, have to yet again question if he could have come for the first.

Palsson 3: Needs to wake up and look like he cares / wants to play football. I thought after the rangers game he may have progressed, does not seem to the the case. Obviously his morning roll from the albion did not help.

O'hanlon 6: Should have done better for the first goal, other than that I thought he did okay.#

Murray 7: Showed that those that rattle on about his pace are taking pash. Played well and looks very comfortable at CH.

Hanlon 7: Defended well, challenged well, and got on the end of a few balls in the motherwell box, shame he did not hit the target.

Towell 5: All of his marks come from the second half.

Osborne 6: Was nowhere in the first half, dare I say it felt like the was hiding at times. Second have he was very good.

Sproule 4: We need to get the ball in front of him more, recieving with his back to goal is not going to work.

Scott 4: Not good from him today.

O'connor 6: Some crap touches giving the ball away cheaply, needs to drop in and help more in the midfield when we are up against it.

Agogo 6: Played well, held the ball up and was one of the few to get a shot off, thought he put one in towards the end of the 2nd half.

Subs:
Wotherspoon: His best game for quite some time. well done.
Galbraith: played okay, more composure in front of goal and he may have got his name on the scoresheet.
Griffiths: I think he may be trying too hard, he is clearly gagging to score for hibs, almost as much as the fans want him to.

A pretty poor first half, we were decent in the second half against a team that is on form and playing well and currently 2nd in the league, would like to see the team that started the 2nd half start the next fixture.

Agree with all of that except re O'Hanlon. His positional play is woeful and he continually gets caught under the ball in crosses into our box. At fault for the goal and at fault when they hit the post.

hibsbollah
15-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Hmmm. Its so hard to do ratings this week, because i get the feeling that the players dont know what theyre supposed to be doing and where their teammates are. We won loads of personal battles today with Well players but we never benefitted from some good individual play because it seems like they dont have a clue where their teammates are.

Stack 8 That double save was simply immense. I was right in line and have no idea how he did it.

Palsson 2 Awful. Rightfully hooked at HT. I wouldnt be bothered if he didnt play another game for us.
Murray 8 Another solid performance in the middle, rescued us more than once. He might have a season left in him if hes not played at full back again.
O'Hanlon 5
Hanlon 7 Coped well with Humphreys and some good distribution...a couple of mistakes late on spoiled a potentials MOM performance.

Towell 5 Hate him in the holding midfield role. Better at right back 2nd half.
Scott 2 See Palsson.
Osbourne 6 Poor first half, came onto a game in the second.
Sproule 5 Other way round to Osbourne.

Agogo 6
O'Connor 6

Subs
Spoony 4 Good freekick should have given him some much needed confidence. But faded again.
Galbraith 2 Ran about demanding everyone give him the ball, and then when he got it, ****ed it up again and again.
Griffiths 4 OK. I want to see him in the middle.

The first half was as bad as ive seen. Truly truly woeful. The management team deserve some credit for making all the right changes at HT but Ivan and Garry seemed to fade second half. Motherwell looked good right across the pitch and could have scored more. They will be 3rd this season IMO.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Stack - 8 some great saves -
Palsson -2 not a right back EVER
O'Hanlon -4 worst game in a Hibs shirt
Murray - 6 struggled against Higdon aerially in tthe 1st half but gave a tenacious performance
Hanlon - 7 one of our better performers, gave 100% and tried to get forward
Scott -1 absolutely terrible and unfortunately not good enough for this level
Towell -4 lost in the 1st half but better in the 2nd
Osbourne - 4 Not kicked on as well as I thought he would do. Terrible 1st half
Sproule -4 lucky to get this mark. Final ball poor on nearly occasion.
Agogo-7 mostly for effort
O'Conner -4 didn't look interested today, which is disappointing considering Hibs supported his appeal
Subs
Wotherspoon -7 did really well and looked keen to get involved
Griffiths-6 one or two nice touches
Galbraith - 4 offered nothing at all

Billy Whizz
15-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Stack - 8 some great saves -
Palsson -2 not a right back EVER
O'Hanlon -4 worst game in a Hibs shirt
Murray - 6 struggled against Higdon aerially in the 1st half but gave a tenacious performance
Hanlon - 7 one of our better performers, gave 100% and tried r
get forward
Scott -1 absolutely terrible and unfortunately not good enough for this level
Towell -4 lost in the 1st half but better in the 2nd
Osbourne - 4 Not kicked on as well as I thought he would do. Terrible 1st half
Sproule -4 lucky to get this mark. Final ball poor on nearly occasion.
Agogo-7 mostly for effort
O'Conner -4 didn't look interested today, which is disappointing considering Hibs supported his appeal
Subs
Wotherspoon -7 did really well and looked keen to get involved
Griffiths-6 one or two nice touches
Galbraith - 4 offered nothing at all

vercol36
15-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Most folk seem to be giving O Connor 5 points or above. He was a 2 for me today. Lazy, unfit, diving, unwilling to tackle and moaning at other players for his own mistakes. Poor show.

lucky
15-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Best was stack and Agogo. Spoony played well when he came on. Worst was GoC, and Towell. Rest below par

Septimus
16-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Good to see that Ian Murray got reasonable marks from most. If we had eleven players with his commitment and attitude on the park we would have nothing to worry about.

Barney McGrew
16-10-2011, 07:18 AM

I think that's as much to do with Sproule himself as to where we give him the ball. There was one point in the second half when we broke down the right from our own half and were two on one down Motherwell's left. Instead of bombing forward so he could get in behind, he let Towell overlap him and hung back and the chance was lost since they got time to get a man back to cover. That seems to be par for the course with him just now.

I'd agree with most others, Stack MOM by a mile, Agogo gets pass marks and Murray points for sheer determination. Towell at least looked like he wanted to do something to try and get us going first half, but ended up having to pass the ball backwards every time because we had no movement from those ahead of him to find space. I'd be interested to see the stats, but I bet our back four completed more passes than anyone else on the pitch before they invariably punted it upfront to someone who was marked and lost it.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Good to see that Ian Murray got reasonable marks from most. If we had eleven players with his commitment and attitude on the park we would have nothing to worry about.

Murray always gives 100% but those giving him decent marks are doing so because of two great tackles he did in the 2nd half. They are forgetting how he lost virtually every header in the 1st half, and was run ragged along with O'Hanlon all through that first half. The goal came from a cross into the middle right on the 6 yard line, neither him or O'Hanlon made any effort to challenge the scorer.

He along with the other 3 at the back contribute towards the pedestrian pace we play at. All 4 are so slow at moving the ball on, none are very good at picking a pass out, and none are what you would call dominant.

Murray does give everything, as does Hanlon but for me thats not enough, they also have to do the basics right, and none of them came remotely close to doing that yesterday, bar Stack and Wotherspoon when he came on at half time.

Far too many fans imo get caught up in one or two last ditch tackles, and think that constitutes a great performance, imo forgetting the rest of a poor display.

ronaldo7
16-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Stack 7/10

The rest don't deserve a mention.

Albion Hibs
16-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Murray always gives 100% but those giving him decent marks are doing so because of two great tackles he did in the 2nd half. They are forgetting how he lost virtually every header in the 1st half, and was run ragged along with O'Hanlon all through that first half. The goal came from a cross into the middle right on the 6 yard line, neither him or O'Hanlon made any effort to challenge the scorer.

Nonsense. So what if a centre half does not beat a guy 5 inches taller than him in the air. He held Higdon up all day, did not allow him to turn or bring any others into play, I saw now flick ons or anything that could be described as danger coming through him. As for challenging the scorer are you sure you were at the game. If so you will have seen that the boy ran between the right back and right centre half, quite what you would expect the left CH to do about that only the football expert that is you will know!

He along with the other 3 at the back contribute towards the pedestrian pace we play at. All 4 are so slow at moving the ball on, none are very good at picking a pass out, and none are what you would call dominant.

Again garbage. On more than a couple of occassions our centre halfs moved forward with the ball in a bid to push the team up and attack. Hanlon was solild in his tackling and got forward whenever he could "pedestrian pace" is another one of the lines that is clearly going to feature from the unknowledgable this year.

Murray does give everything, as does Hanlon but for me thats not enough, they also have to do the basics right, and none of them came remotely close to doing that yesterday, bar Stack and Wotherspoon when he came on at half time.

Stack? I am looking forward to seeing the goal, as yet again I feel he could have come from it. Wotherspoon played as well as he has done for a while, but he did almost cost us a goal.

Far too many fans imo get caught up in one or two last ditch tackles, and think that constitutes a great performance, imo forgetting the rest of a poor display.

You are very sad in the respect that regardless of whether or not Murray played well to the end of the season it would not be good enough for you. I think he is clearly the best CH we have....before the lame line of "that says it all comes out" I would ask how many other CH would have played as well as he has against the likes of St J, Rangers, and Motherwell....two of those teams are of course at the top of the table.

It is a sad state of affairs when people would do anything they could to avoid actually acknowledging that he may actually be a good player for us. Since the start of the season he has been the most consistant and if half the other hopefuls did as well in their positions on the pitch we would be in a far better position.

Shrekko
16-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Agree with all of that except re O'Hanlon. His positional play is woeful and he continually gets caught under the ball in crosses into our box. At fault for the goal and at fault when they hit the post.

:agree:

Bearing in mind how Hibs fans just love to get stuck into a sub-standard performer I am just stunned that this guys ineptitude is slipping under the radar. Centre-halfs normally have at least a couple of attributes you can cling on to but this guy is absolutely hopeless. Incredibly slow, poor positional sense, not great in the air (wins a few but without much conviction to the clearing header), can't pass quickly enough... horrible.

If CC scouted this guy and thought "yeah this is the boy I need to solidify my defence" then I find it frightening. Probably on an ok wage too.

Taz_hibee
16-10-2011, 06:45 PM
You are very sad in the respect that regardless of whether or not Murray played well to the end of the season it would not be good enough for you. I think he is clearly the best CH we have....before the lame line of "that says it all comes out" I would ask how many other CH would have played as well as he has against the likes of St J, Rangers, and Motherwell....two of those teams are of course at the top of the table.

It is a sad state of affairs when people would do anything they could to avoid actually acknowledging that he may actually be a good player for us. Since the start of the season he has been the most consistant and if half the other hopefuls did as well in their positions on the pitch we would be in a far better position.

Agree with you Murray was IMO our best player yesterday, Stack pulled of some good saves but if he had cut out the cross balls, he would not have had to make these saves, the way the Well keeper did all afternoon

Franck is God
16-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I can't believe that so many have given pass marks to so many players from yesterdays match.

For me Stack gets pass marks for a few good saves and one incredible save but I have to say that the goal we conceded was from a long looping cross that landed inside the six yard box that should have been keepers ball the whole time. Hanlon was ok at LB but nothing to shout about.

Palsson should never be played at RB and neither should Towell be in centre mid so I'm going to give both of them a break for their first half performances. Towell did ok at RB in the second half.

O'Hanlon & Murray were slow, sat way too deep, won very little in the air and poor finishing and wrong choices from the Motherwell strikers as well as saves made by Stack kept the score down.

The midfield particularly in the first half was simply awful, Sproule was crap the whole game but at least in the second half he was given an opportunity to play on the right side of the pitch, Scott is not good enough for the SPL and Towell is not a midfielder at this level.

In the second half Spoony and Galbraith added some pace and a bit more quality and Osbourne was able to get into the game a bit too, we certainly controlled the possession second half but Motherwell still created more chances than we did on the break.

O'Connor didn't have his best game and Agogo worked really hard.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 08:38 PM

Whats sad is your constant praise of a player even when he's poor, he can do no wrong in your eyes. I praised him as our best player against rangers, so your observation that he could play well for the remainder of the season and it still wouldn't be good enough for me is just pish. :blah::blah: Now go throw sheite at yourself. :asshole:

allezsauzee
16-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Stack - 8/10 Some good saves , one of them outstanding
Palsson - 1/10 Total Jobbies.I'd be happy for us to cut him loose tomorrow.
O'Hanlon - 3/10 Missing at the goal and isn't vocal enough. a few decent challenges though
Murray - 7/10 Easily our best outfield player
Hanlon -2/10 Not good enough I'm afraid. he'll be plying his trade in division 1 when we eventually release him
Towell - 4/10 played better in the 2nd half when at RB...strange that!
Osbourne - 5/10 works hard and is always makes himself available for a pass. Doesn't create anything though
Sproule - 1/10 He may as well have not been on the park
Scott - 1/10 As per Sproule. First division player at best
Agogo - 4/10 Tries hard but has a truly woeful first touch
O Connor -3/10 looked disinterested yesterday
Wotherspoon - 4/10 -big improvement on Scott
Galbraith -4/10 Plenty effort but no quality
Griffiths -5/10 Not sure why he didnt start. Always grafts and has a bit of quality about him

FranckSuzy
16-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Not that there is much to rate but here goes.
Stack: kept the score at 1-0. I'd like to see him in centre mid? Why not? Everyone else gets a go! 8/10
O'hanlon: missing at first goal, some bad mistakes throughout, does he speak at all? 5/10
Murray: some cracking goal saving challenges but still made errors. He bothers his a**e, he is just not as fit in his old age! 6/10
Palsson: shadow of the player he was when he came last year, rb doesn't help! 4/10
Hanlon: good awareness on occasions, punts the ball long too often but sometimes it is not his fault 5/10
Towell: midfield? Not sure, hates getting forward! 5/10
Osborne: shows a few cracking touches, give go's but largely looks disinterested and looks as if he attempts to find areas populated by opposition players. 5/10
Sproule: shouldn't start again, poor! Doesn't work and moans, hardly inspiring! 3/10
Scott: didn't know he played today! 2/10
O'connor: poor performance, some neat touches but obviously became frustrated. 5/10
Agogo: did great, chased, got on with what was a thankless task. His touch and awareness is improving with fitness. 7/10
Subs:
Wotherspoon: much rather see him given a run in centre mid, he wants to go forward! 7/10
Galbraith: he had a wee spark but is painfully lightweight, seen more muscle in mouses willy! 6/10
Griffiths: still unsure, he has something, just unsure if we are ever going to see it!! 5/10

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.976430,-3.595550

:faf:

PISTOL1875
16-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Stack - 8/10 Some good saves , one of them outstanding
Palsson - 1/10 Total Jobbies.I'd be happy for us to cut him loose tomorrow.
O'Hanlon - 3/10 Missing at the goal and isn't vocal enough. a few decent challenges though
Murray - 7/10 Easily our best outfield player
Hanlon -2/10 Not good enough I'm afraid. he'll be plying his trade in division 1 when we eventually release him
Towell - 4/10 played better in the 2nd half when at RB...strange that!
Osbourne - 5/10 works hard and is always makes himself available for a pass. Doesn't create anything though
Sproule - 1/10 He may as well have not been on the park
Scott - 1/10 As per Sproule. First division player at best
Agogo - 4/10 Tries hard but has a truly woeful first touch
O Connor -3/10 looked disinterested yesterday
Wotherspoon - 4/10 -big improvement on Scott
Galbraith -4/10 Plenty effort but no quality
Griffiths -5/10 Not sure why he didnt start. Always grafts and has a bit of quality about him

VP wasnt th ebest y-day but he is playing at RB... Stevie Wonder can see that he should be in midfield..

snooky
16-10-2011, 10:53 PM
FWIW, my take on yesterday's game ...
Palsson & Scott were poor and their subbing was correct
Don't think Ivan was as bad as some suggest
Don't think Agogo was a good as some suggest
Thought Gaz struggled a bit probably due to the early thigh knock
Thought Towell was okay in both roles

General comments

First half -
Defended far too deep
One yard slow mentally & physically all over the park (a-la Spain v Us last week)
Too much ball chasing and not enough man marking.

Second half -
An improvement, but still well short of the quality we deserve.

O dearie me.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 10:57 PM
FWIW, my take on yesterday's game ...
Palsson & Scott were poor and their subbing was correct
Don't think Ivan was as bad as some suggest
Don't think Agogo was a good as some suggest
Thought Gaz struggled a bit probably due to the early thigh knock
Thought Towell was okay in both roles

General comments

First half -
Defended far too deep
One yard slow mentally & physically all over the park (a-la Spain v Us last week)
Too much ball chasing and not enough man marking.

Second half -
An improvement, but still well short of the quality we deserve.

O dearie me.

:agree: especially at the back, our back 4 must be the slowest i can remember at Hibs in my lifetime, which contributes to the defending too deep.

basehibby
17-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Did Jimmy Scott start the second half?
Did Palsson start the second half?

apart from Stack, Agogo and Wotherspoon when he came on, we were honking all over the pitch, players bunching up together, no-one making runs, a non existant midfield for much of the game,

anyway here goes....

Stack: would have been a hammering without him making a lot of good saves, gave plenty of encouragement as well 8/10
O'hanlon: showed a lot for the pass out from Stack which i liked.........thats about it 4/10
Murray: i like Murray but against quick players he gets ripped, still got a good football brain though which helps him more often than not 6/10
Palsson: no comment 2/10
Hanlon: sometimes he looks good, other times he makes the wrong choice, today was a wrong choice day 4/10
Towell: he played pre season for Celtic in midfield, rank was the feedback i got. he looks scared to run with the ball, can't seem to pick a pass either 4/10
Osborne: another good day bad day type player. has some tasty tricks and can defo play, good vision but by jove is he slow on making that pass at times or wanting way more time than hes going to get on the ball 5/10
Sproule: please bench him for a while, doesn't seem to read the game as his teammates do with regard to passes. 2/10
Scott: awful today, 1/10
O'connor: knows what should be happening with the ball from his team mates, doesn't usually happen, a class above but made to look like a dud with duds around him, limited to what he could do 5/10
Agogo: held up play well, some nice touches but to often there was no support to lay the ball off to 6/10
Wotherspoon: gave the team a lift when he came on, best i've seen him in a while, 7/10
Galbraith: again a good lift to the team but sometimes just takes that extra touch and the ball is lost or the attack is lost 6/10
Griffiths: he got a song for coming on..did little, but with no supply its hard 5/10

when teams like Motherwell, Killie and St Mirren are getting praised for their brand of football and after watching Hibs today, we are sadly very much lacking in all things pass on the grass football or just in general basic ability.

Not sure what the answer is.......

"Did Jimmy Scott start the first half?" would be the more pertinent question.

In general our midfield was non-existant 1st half which is where we lost the game. Much better in the 2nd w/ the introduction of Spoony at CM.

Stack was deservedly MOM with a decent performance from Murray and not much else from Hibs.

GreenPJ
17-10-2011, 08:04 AM
The only positive I can take from the game was the difference Spoony made. He played with his head up and put through quite a few decent balls and was actually trying to put in tackles.

Albion Hibs
17-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Whats sad is your constant praise of a player even when he's poor, he can do no wrong in your eyes. I praised him as our best player against rangers, so your observation that he could play well for the remainder of the season and it still wouldn't be good enough for me is just pish. :blah::blah: Now go throw sheite at yourself. :asshole:

What a load of crap you talk. No player is above criticism, but Murray has been a consistantly strong performer since the begining of the season. I believe I put crit his was for M'Well 2nd in the cup, but your claim that he was at fault for the goal is nothing short of ridiculous.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 12:06 PM
What a load of crap you talk. No player is above criticism, but Murray has been a consistantly strong performer since the begining of the season. I believe I put crit his was for M'Well 2nd in the cup, but your claim that he was at fault for the goal is nothing short of ridiculous.

I said he was poor on Saturday, but very good against the huns. What bit of not praising him even when he plays well dont you understand? What is ridiculous is your constant praise of a player when he's poor. He held Higdon up you say, well all i saw was a centre forward with all the time in the world to get the ball under control and lay it off. He also won virtually every header, and bullied Murray all day.

Yet we have you telling me he was superb, apart from his last ditch tackles he was 2nd best all day, and part of why we are so poor. He's so slow, we cant push up, the game is so stretched because we are playing so deep, the full backs struggle to support the midfield, and then the midfield struggle to get forward and support the forwards. All because we have the slowest back 4 in Hibs history.

And dont even mention his jump for a header that bounced over him by at least 10 feet, it was like a cartoon, it was so funny. Still with the way things are going, my thoughts that you will be the last supporter at easter road might even come true soon. And you will deserve the team you will be watching on your own.

Albion Hibs
17-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I said he was poor on Saturday, but very good against the huns. What bit of not praising him even when he plays well dont you understand? What is ridiculous is your constant praise of a player when he's poor. He held Higdon up you say, well all i saw was a centre forward with all the time in the world to get the ball under control and lay it off. He also won virtually every header, and bullied Murray all day.

What did Higdon do all day. I did not see him bringing anyone into play....sure you were watching the game. I saw him getting the ball, winning it in the air, which given his height I would be expecting him to do everytime, not just some or most. You need to think a bit more, in that situation it is not about winning the first ball it is about holding the player up and the players around doing their jobs to ensure he does not bring anyone else into play.

Through open play what damage did Higdon do to us? how often did you see him get the ball under control, again you must have been watching a different game from me?

Yet we have you telling me he was superb, apart from his last ditch tackles he was 2nd best all day, and part of why we are so poor. He's so slow, we cant push up, the game is so stretched because we are playing so deep, the full backs struggle to support the midfield, and then the midfield struggle to get forward and support the forwards. All because we have the slowest back 4 in Hibs history.

:faf: Our CH came out of defence more on Sat that I have seen them do all season....sure you were watching the game? Our full backs sat in because they have pace on the wings, and palsson had a very bad game at right back. Our CF's failed to put any presure on their CH which was the biggest issue, they had all the time in the world to pick a pass, and as they were playing with an extra man in midfield and O'Connor and Agogo refused to drop in we were getting the run around. Slowest back four in history my ring.

And dont even mention his jump for a header that bounced over him by at least 10 feet, it was like a cartoon, it was so funny. Still with the way things are going, my thoughts that you will be the last supporter at easter road might even come true soon. And you will deserve the team you will be watching on your own.

Called being a fan. You seem to be lost on that front. As I have said before it those that want to go do that fair play, better off without! What happened with the header that went over him, if I am not correct he got back in a challenged the boy that you said game him the run around all day? Or did you miss that bit.

Both of our CH may not be the quickest in the league, but the slowest, no. Our full backs are not the fastest in the league, but the slowest, no. You need to pay attention when you are at games some of your comments are embarrasing.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Both of our CH may not be the quickest in the league, but the slowest, no. Our full backs are not the fastest in the league, but the slowest, no. You need to pay attention when you are at games some of your comments are embarrasing.

Aye whatever, you keep enjoying us losing. The reason we lose so many is due to the reasons i said. Or maybe we are just being a little unlucky. The only thing embarrassing is your constant inability to see whats right in front of your eyes.

Albion Hibs
17-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Aye whatever, you keep enjoying us losing. The reason we lose so many is due to the reasons i said. Or maybe we are just being a little unlucky. The only thing embarrassing is your constant inability to see whats right in front of your eyes.

You are boring me now. The most embarrassing thing is your inability to answer a question, it has always been the case.

PS missed your ratings from the game wee guy, same as ever happy to have a shot at others views without providing your own. You must be in a position to provide having had the benefits of the highlights.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 12:28 PM
You are boring me now. The most embarrassing thing is your inability to answer a question, it has always been the case.

PS missed your ratings from the game wee guy, same as ever happy to have a shot at others views without providing your own. You must be in a position to provide having had the benefits of the highlights.

I have watched the highlights, whats your point?

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 12:31 PM
What did Higdon do all day. I did not see him bringing anyone into play....sure you were watching the game. I saw him getting the ball, winning it in the air, which given his height I would be expecting him to do everytime, not just some or most. You need to think a bit more, in that situation it is not about winning the first ball it is about holding the player up and the players around doing their jobs to ensure he does not bring anyone else into play.

Through open play what damage did Higdon do to us? how often did you see him get the ball under control, again you must have been watching a different game from me?

Higdon troubled us all afternoon on Saturday, he put in a very good performance at centre forward - he did bring others into play and from open play he was put through one on one with Stack when he made a good save, and put through another time where he shot narrowly wide with his left foot (after nice link up play with Humphrey). He was involved in the build up when Motherwell hit the post in the first half, and obviously hit the bar and practically missed an open goal in the second.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Higdon troubled us all afternoon on Saturday, he put in a very good performance at centre forward - he did bring others into play and from open play he was put through one on one with Stack when he made a good save, and put through another time where he shot narrowly wide with his left foot (after nice link up play with Humphrey). He was involved in the build up when Motherwell hit the post in the first half, and obviously hit the bar and practically missed an open goal in the second.

Yes, but apart from that?

Albion Hibs
17-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I have watched the highlights, whats your point?

You must be having one of your extra slow days, my point was the sentence before.

hibsbollah
17-10-2011, 12:40 PM
I thought Murray played well again, and should continue in there. Id rather have someone who was faster and a better passer than Ian, but we have a lot more pressing problems at the moment.

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I thought Murray played well again, and should continue in there. Id rather have someone who was faster and a better passer than Ian, but we have a lot more pressing problems at the moment.

:agree:

Ian and O'Hanlon at CH is definitely better than the other options we have.

Albion Hibs
17-10-2011, 01:01 PM

He went through one on one when O'Connor did some stupid backheal that gave away the ball when we were attacking alas the full backs were pushed up, as a result the defense was stretched. Dont remember the one he put wide with his left foot unless it is the same one you are talking about. He hit the bar from a corner, not open play and again missed an open goal from a set play. Based on the above I stand by what I said, he did not bring others into play and looked pretty pashed off by the end of the game about how little he had done.

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 01:12 PM
He went through one on one when O'Connor did some stupid backheal that gave away the ball when we were attacking alas the full backs were pushed up, as a result the defense was stretched. Dont remember the one he put wide with his left foot unless it is the same one you are talking about. He hit the bar from a corner, not open play and again missed an open goal from a set play. Based on the above I stand by what I said, he did not bring others into play and looked pretty pashed off by the end of the game about how little he had done.

He went through one on one after DW lost the ball in midfield, the other shot wide came after good link up play with Humphrey. Overall he had a very effective game, having several good scoring opportunities and causing us problems the whole game.

I'm aware exactly of which incidents were from open play and which ones weren't. His contribution isn't any less significant if he is involved in set pieces a lot.

Albion Hibs
17-10-2011, 01:30 PM
He went through one on one after DW lost the ball in midfield, the other shot wide came after good link up play with Humphrey. Overall he had a very effective game, having several good scoring opportunities and causing us problems the whole game.

I'm aware exactly of which incidents were from open play and which ones weren't. His contribution isn't any less significant if he is involved in set pieces a lot.

I am aware of that. Blackpoolhearts point was he dominated murray and and created plenty of chance off the back of it. Our striker playing the fool and losing the ball and Wotherspoon getting mugged is not a reflection of Murray, nor is what happened at set pieces as O'Hanlon was marking Higdon. That was my point and what you had said would tend to agree with that is all.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2011, 01:37 PM
I am aware of that. Blackpoolhearts point was he dominated murray and and created plenty of chance off the back of it. Our striker playing the fool and losing the ball and Wotherspoon getting mugged is not a reflection of Murray, nor is what happened at set pieces as O'Hanlon was marking Higdon. That was my point and what you had said would tend to agree with that is all.

I have been outed at last.

Stevie Reid
17-10-2011, 01:41 PM

I think Murray did fine, but Higdon still had a good game.

GreenPJ
17-10-2011, 04:03 PM
I think Murray did fine, but Higdon still had a good game.

Higdon only had a good game because no CH went near him for half the headers. When Spoony came on he challenged him in the air a couple of times and won the header.

I like Murray just wish he had new legs, O'Hanlon is a liability. Admittedly the CH's don't get much help from the FB's, too many balls allowed into the box unchallenged and the FB's don't get much support from the midfield. In every game we have played this season we have made the opposition look better than they were, think was evidenced in the second half where Motherwell never had the opportunity to play their little triangles that they were playing in the first half albeit they were still a threat with their pace.

We start games far too slowly and it makes the players nervous and gives the opposition hope and we start sitting back.

Franck is God
18-10-2011, 11:46 AM
The only player in the defence that can be considered as done 'fine' during the game is Stack but as I said in my previous post I thought he should have come for the cross that Motherwell scored from.

Our defence conceded 10 shots on goal during the game, 4 being on target and of the other six considered off target 2 of them hit the post and bar and the fact that Stack got MOM suggests that our defence was not fine.

One of the most startling aspects of the game on Saturday was the distance between our defence and attack, both O'Hanlon & Murray kept the line just outside our own box and when Motherwell came forward they just backed off for fear they would be caught in behind. Sitting so deep leaves gaps all over the pitch which a passing side will always love. I was a critic of Rob Jones for doing this and O'Hanlon & Murray are now doing the exact same thing.

I have been willing to give CC all the time that he needed to build his side, I've been pleased with the majority of his signings and on occasion have seen glimpses of things I have liked but on Saturday doubt of his ability to get us playing proper football and picking up results has well and truly entered my thoughts.

For our next game I want to see major changes to the team, for me only Stack, Osbourne, Spoony played well enough at the weekend to start the next game. Hanlon, Towell & Palsson should be considered mainly because I thought all three were being played out of position and if used at CH, RB & CM would perhaps deserve inclusion. O'Connor & Agogo actually complement each other quite well and although neither played well on Saturday a couple of times decent interplay almost resulted in what would have been an undeserved goal.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 11:52 AM
The only player in the defence that can be considered as done 'fine' during the game is Stack but as I said in my previous post I thought he should have come for the cross that Motherwell scored from.

Our defence conceded 10 shots on goal during the game, 4 being on target and of the other six considered off target 2 of them hit the post and bar and the fact that Stack got MOM suggests that our defence was not fine.

One of the most startling aspects of the game on Saturday was the distance between our defence and attack, both O'Hanlon & Murray kept the line just outside our own box and when Motherwell came forward they just backed off for fear they would be caught in behind. Sitting so deep leaves gaps all over the pitch which a passing side will always love. I was a critic of Rob Jones for doing this and O'Hanlon & Murray are now doing the exact same thing.

I have been willing to give CC all the time that he needed to build his side, I've been pleased with the majority of his signings and on occasion have seen glimpses of things I have liked but on Saturday doubt of his ability to get us playing proper football and picking up results has well and truly entered my thoughts.

For our next game I want to see major changes to the team, for me only Stack, Osbourne, Spoony played well enough at the weekend to start the next game. Hanlon, Towell & Palsson should be considered mainly because I thought all three were being played out of position and if used at CH, RB & CM would perhaps deserve inclusion. O'Connor & Agogo actually complement each other quite well and although neither played well on Saturday a couple of times decent interplay almost resulted in what would have been an undeserved goal.

100% spot on. :top marks Too slow to push up and support the midfield, giving the midfield a hell of a job to defend and support the front men. Tactics that are fine against rantic, where we know we are against much better players. Not against the rest, especially at home.

Franck is God
18-10-2011, 12:01 PM
100% spot on. :top marks Too slow to push up and support the midfield, giving the midfield a hell of a job to defend and support the front men. Tactics that are fine against rantic, where we know we are against much better players. Not against the rest, especially at home.

In a game where you know you need a last line of defence and will be conceding a lot of territory & possession and mainly hitting on the break defenders like Murray, O'Hanlon, Jones etc are fine as they are the no nonsense last ditch tackle and clear it type player.

In a game at home against a side with comparible or lesser players you need a team that plays high up the pitch and imposes their game on the opposition and neither Murray or O'Hanlon are capable of doing that which is why in the second half when they did push up a bit we actually conceded more opportunities for Motherwell to score than we did in the first despite having more possession and playing more in their half.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 12:13 PM
In a game where you know you need a last line of defence and will be conceding a lot of territory & possession and mainly hitting on the break defenders like Murray, O'Hanlon, Jones etc are fine as they are the no nonsense last ditch tackle and clear it type player.

In a game at home against a side with comparible or lesser players you need a team that plays high up the pitch and imposes their game on the opposition and neither Murray or O'Hanlon are capable of doing that which is why in the second half when they did push up a bit we actually conceded more opportunities for Motherwell to score than we did in the first despite having more possession and playing more in their half.

You wont get any arguments from me, you are 100% spot on.:agree:

In fact i posted this after the huns game.

Not so sure about that, and i dont think Hanlon is particularly good either. Yesterday Murray played very well imo, someone else has pointed out he is better when the game is played in front of him, and centre half is imo where he will play his best. We can all argue how he gets ripped at full back, or cant get near a tackle in the midfield, these are my opinions and i stand by them.

Murray was good yesterday, and if he played like that every week i'd be delighted, and would have him in the side on merit. Against the weaker teams, when our midfield are not so tight, not so happy to keep their positions and are pushing on further forward, i wonder if Murray will be quite so good? I have witnessed his performances before at centre half, Ayr United??? And thought he was poor in that position too. So like our win midweek, although welcome and needed, i will reserve judgement on whether Murray and indeed Hibs are suddenly good again.

hibsbollah
18-10-2011, 12:53 PM
In a game where you know you need a last line of defence and will be conceding a lot of territory & possession and mainly hitting on the break defenders like Murray, O'Hanlon, Jones etc are fine as they are the no nonsense last ditch tackle and clear it type player.In a game at home against a side with comparible or lesser players you need a team that plays high up the pitch and imposes their game on the opposition and neither Murray or O'Hanlon are capable of doing that which is why in the second half when they did push up a bit we actually conceded more opportunities for Motherwell to score than we did in the first despite having more possession and playing more in their half. Very good point. OHanlon and Murray look better when have our backs against the wall, and look more limited when theyre asked to create stuff, play intelligent through balls or play a high line. We're playing so badly as a team at the moment that these kind of skills are almost irrelevant.You could say Ians not a bad player for a relegation fodder team.

Albion Hibs
18-10-2011, 12:56 PM

Do you know anything about football?

The reason the defense was so deep was because the midfield was so poor. The fact they had an extra man (which I would put my house on the line and say it was because OConnor or Junior never bothered there arse to drop in and mark) in midfield allowed them more possession, to draw one CM up while the other, plus a spare can go wide, in in behind the midfield and defense - if in that situation the defense pushes up while the midfield is out numbered you are more than likely to get caught with a midfielder making an unmarked run and being played on side by a defense that is pushing up against. That is saturday league stuff.

When you are getting hammered in midfield you need one of the front men to drop in to stop them having an extra man, the defense playing tight and sitting in is not the worst thing. Especially with an extra man in midfield, and pace on both wings.

Again I would be astounded if it was not one of the strikers that was supposed to be marking Jennings when he crossed in for their goal, unchallanged with all the time in the world, to find guess what, an on-running midfielder - almost exactly the same thing happened when they hit the bar, Lassley or whoever it was running from the centre of the pitch unchallanged, with a feeble effort at making it difficult for a midfielder to deliver into the box.

As I said Saturday league.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Do you know anything about football?

The reason the defense was so deep was because the midfield was so poor. The fact they had an extra man (which I would put my house on the line and say it was because OConnor or Junior never bothered there arse to drop in and mark) in midfield allowed them more possession, to draw one CM up while the other, plus a spare can go wide, in in behind the midfield and defense - if in that situation the defense pushes up while the midfield is out numbered you are more than likely to get caught with a midfielder making an unmarked run and being played on side by a defense that is pushing up against. That is saturday league stuff.

When you are getting hammered in midfield you need one of the front men to drop in to stop them having an extra man, the defense playing tight and sitting in is not the worst thing. Especially with an extra man in midfield, and pace on both wings.

Again I would be astounded if it was not one of the strikers that was supposed to be marking Jennings when he crossed in for their goal, unchallanged with all the time in the world, to find guess what, an on-running midfielder - almost exactly the same thing happened when they hit the bar, Lassley or whoever it was running from the centre of the pitch unchallanged, with a feeble effort at making it difficult for a midfielder to deliver into the box.

As I said Saturday league.

After reading that pish, yes. a damn site more than you.

Albion Hibs
18-10-2011, 01:17 PM
After reading that pish, yes. a damn site more than you.

:faf: As I said Saturday....amatuer....which sums you up nicely! Off you go you still have plenty of wisdomus phrases like "legs have gone" "too slow" "cant pass" which you can band about the place in a bid to achieve your end goal.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 01:46 PM
:faf: As I said Saturday....amatuer....which sums you up nicely! Off you go you still have plenty of wisdomus phrases like "legs have gone" "too slow" "cant pass" which you can band about the place in a bid to achieve your end goal.

Amateur exactly, you are spot on. Although its how we defend thats amateurish.

My end goal is to see a better team, and even i'd guess you felt the same.

Although i do wonder with your constant praise of a poor player/players. Ian's legs have gone, he cant pass very well, is out jumped regularly but i'm more worried about your eyesight, its even worse than i thought.

Sodje_18
18-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Stack - 9 Great saves, kept us from a hammering
Agogo - 7 Tried, no support. Very impressed with his pace. Had to try and do it all himself. At least him and Stacky actually tried.
Billy Brown - 7 looked very animated from what I saw, I'd prefer to have CC out and BB as manager.
The rest don't even deserve to be rated, they didny bother their ***** so why should the fans? Absolute ridiculous, lacklustre, half arsed performance. Didny notice Jimmy Scott was on until half time. I've never boo'd Hibs until that performance, before anybody says 'never boo your own team' get off your bloody high horse, I'm sure I'm no the only one that boo'd them.

Albion Hibs
18-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Amateur exactly, you are spot on. Although its how we defend thats amateurish.

My end goal is to see a better team, and even i'd guess you felt the same.

Although i do wonder with your constant praise of a poor player/players. Ian's legs have gone, he cant pass very well, is out jumped regularly but i'm more worried about your eyesight, its even worse than i thought.

:faf: As I said....amatuer.

Anyone that has played more than 10 mins of football at a level above 5's can see it, so thank you for answering my opening question....in a round about way!

Carrick Hibs
18-10-2011, 03:01 PM
:faf: As I said....amatuer.

Anyone that has played more than 10 mins of football at a level above 5's can see it, so thank you for answering my opening question....in a round about way!

I presume you've made a wee error in that sentence above as it now seems like you are agreeing that IM's legs are gone :confused:

anyway, I'm sure i've read on here before that BH has played to a decent standard in his younger days and for what its worth I tend to agree with his views on how Ian Murray's physical attributes are leaving him (and the team) looking distinctly average!

the only thing I will disagree with is when he said he cant pass very well anymore, he's never been a good passer of the ball!

Sodje_18
18-10-2011, 03:02 PM
I presume you've made a wee error in that sentence above as it now seems like you are agreeing that IM's legs are gone :confused:

anyway, I'm sure i've read on here before that BH has played to a decent standard in his younger days and for what its worth I tend to agree with his views on how Ian Murray's physical attributes are leaving him (and the team) looking distinctly average!

the only thing I will disagree with is when he said he cant pass very well anymore, he's never been a good passer of the ball!
Being a bit generous there aren't you CH? :greengrin

Carrick Hibs
18-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Being a bit generous there aren't you CH? :greengrin

ha ha! aye just a bit!!

If I had left in what I originally wrote then both Albion Hibs and the Hibs.net sweay filter would have gone into meltdown!!! :wink:

Albion Hibs
18-10-2011, 03:17 PM

No. Read again.

I am not fussed for what level someone may have been rumoured to play at. The fact was it was there to be seen, anyone with half a football brain would be able to see it. I recall seeing Murray misplace one pass during the game, Hanlon maybe one/two - not bad considering I will take a bet that our CH played the ball out of defense more on Sat than they have any game this season.

I also have to laugh as you praise Agogo...he did okay, but yet again I would be amazed it he was not supposed to be involved in stopping the ball into the box that led to the goal, in any event, both him and OConnor did little to nothing to help the midfield.

If you think the problem lies with the like of Murray IMO you are kidding yourself. Palsson was hiding all game and it looked like he was going to get the hook after 20 mins. The same could be said for Scott and Osbourne which resulted in us being out played and chasing shaddows in midfield. The depth of the defence their pace over 100m has nothing to do with it. I would also cite Murray's tracking back in the second after being sold by Hanlon and his attacking run in the first, not much evidence of his legs be away there, but I suppose you use all sorts of fancy technology to monitor these things from the sidelines....no i did not think so!

I am happy to hand out criticism when it is desereved. Far too often on here it is the players that give the most that get it, when players like Palsson, who has his morning roll before the game on Saturday, hides and plays rank is given the "he should be in midfield"....wake up he was in midfield 3 weeks ago and he was hooked for being rank...he has had his nine lives as far as I am concerned. O'Connor and Agogo may have chased the ball once it had been passed back to the keeper - where was there pressure on the CH's - I did not see them being pressured into passing, where were they when we are playing 4 against 5 in the midfield. Osborne was invisable when the going was tough in the first half, it was noticeable that he featured most in the 2nd when the strikers started dropping in on occasion (clearly they got the message at HT).

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 03:38 PM

He has never been a good passer of a football, most of his career has been built on him bludgeoning his way around the pitch. I'm sure the current term for it is putting out fires. Now he's no longer able to get his hose out, he's playing at the back. Albion is right, his passing was ok on Saturday, he passed the ball well to Towell or O'Hanlon or Hanlon maybe 40 times during the game, probably more. No pass more than 15 yards, or under any pressure. hell he even gave the ball a few times to Osboure, again under no pressure.

Any time he's asked to look up though, and pick someone out further up the park, the ball is magically lost, not always Ian's fault i may add, but he really is way out of his comfort zone when he trys.

This sounds like its just Murray i'm saying this about, its not. Its all of the back 4 who started on Saturday. All are very poor defenders, all ponderous, and all struggle on the ball.

Carrick Hibs
18-10-2011, 03:53 PM
I didnt at any stage praise Agogo so you have me mixed up with someone else but I actually agree with a few things in your post, mainly that Palsson is a waste of space and has been since his debut!

I also never suggested IM is the main problem at ER just now but since the discussion turned his way I thought I would put forward my opinions on him. Rest assured that had the topic changed to any other of the wasters that consider themselves footballers at Hibs just now I would given my opinion on them too.

FWIW, my opinion is that with the exception of O'Connor they are all *****ing sh*te and not one of them will be worrying any future opponents that we have coming up, and thats the real problem at ER just now!