PDA

View Full Version : Questions

SneakersO'Toole
15-10-2011, 04:25 PM
When Hughes was sacked and if you had been given the choice of Calderwood or McCall, who would you have chosen for our next manager?

If you were then asked whose club playing budget you would have who would it be?

Then you are asked who infrastructure and training facilities you would prefer?

Assuming the answers to those 3 questions are hibs related, can someone please tell me how it is that I watched a motherwell side today who were everything Hibs are not.

Fitness, teamwork, professional pride, will to win instead of trying not to lose, crisp direct passing, possession football. I could go on and on.

Today I watched a motherwell side tire hibs out with possession football that sometimes totalled 30+ passes. I saw a team with constant off the ball movement and a desire to play the game the right way.

Unfortunately today showed how far we have fallen. We are a poor side with a shambolic defence who will gift goals all season. Take nothing away from Motherwell. They deserved their win and created the btter chances in both halfs.

Mark my words, this season will be a struggle. With two extremely hard away games coming up I can see us being bottom by the end of month. The scary thing is that I genuinely don't think this bunch of players have the bottle for a relegation fight.

Depressing stuff.

Cropley10
15-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Only Mr Petrie can answer these questions. He's the only one left who thinks Colin Calderwood knows what he's doing.

Every other team in this league must look forward to playing us.

Stevie Reid
15-10-2011, 05:50 PM
In the last ten years Motherwell have got through almost as many managers as us, probably signed as many players as us, and consistently sold their best players like we do - yet they keep getting it right. Every single manager that John Boyle has appointed has never managed in the SPL before, always loses their best players, yet they keep bringing through good young players to play alongside gems that they keep finding from the English lower leagues, like Porter, Humphries, Hateley etc.

They got a huge break by not being relegated when they finished bottom of the SPL, but given how precarious things would have been for them in the wake of their administration period, they couldn't have performed much better for a club their size since then.

Alfred E Newman
15-10-2011, 05:57 PM
But McCall is a hun. Would never be accepted at Easter Road would he?

nortonhibby
15-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Only Mr Petrie can answer these questions. He's the only one left who thinks Colin Calderwood knows what he's doing.

Every other team in this league must look forward to playing us.

What must RP Be thinking when he looks out at all the thousands of Empty seats when will the penny drop ?
Or if someone dropped a penny next to him would he scramble to find it ?

There are 2 choices get rid of CC Now, or if you think he is the man Slash the cash and invest in better players in the next window.

Iggy Pope
15-10-2011, 08:01 PM
What must RP Be thinking when he looks out at all the thousands of Empty seats when will the penny drop ?
Or if someone dropped a penny next to him would he scramble to find it ?

There are 2 choices get rid of CC Now, or if you think he is the man Slash the cash and invest in better players in the next window.

He'll like the sound of that if nothing else.

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2011, 08:30 PM
But McCall is a hun. Would never be accepted at Easter Road would he?

:tsk tsk: