PDA

View Full Version : Good deal for Livi?

greenlex
13-10-2011, 08:03 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15299712.stm

Discuss.
Fair play to the players who are obviously struggling to get fixed up. Throw in McFadden struggling too and football can be a hard game.

frazeHFC
13-10-2011, 08:11 PM
I think they will be good signings for them. :agree:

LancashireHibby
13-10-2011, 08:13 PM
What the game needs are more players struggling to get fixed up with clubs, and maybe then they (or their agents) might stop pricing themselves out of the market, which in turn leads to clubs overstretching themselves when trying to compete with their wage demands. No good for the players involved, but there needs to be a realisation on all sides of the fence.

steakbake
13-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Their agent was on radio tonight talking about how he gave various SPL clubs an option on them. Kenny Shiels was pointing out that as good as they are, they were being offered with 3 days left in the window at a time when their own squads had been more or less settled.

Interestingly he said Fotheringham was on excellent wages at Famagusta and now they are playing for expenses and win bonuses only. The other point was that Maurice Ross was at Motherwell last year and didnt set the heather alight - so interesting that they are playing at Livi now, but I don't for one minute think any SPL teams have missed out.

H18sry
14-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Were we not interested in Fortheringham a couple of seasons ago?

steakbake
14-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Were we not interested in Fortheringham a couple of seasons ago?

I think so, but he's been at fair number of clubs. 8 clubs in his career. He went to Dundee Utd for a couple of months in 2009 - maybe he was looking for a contract then?

Sylar
14-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Great bit of business by Livingston. The new owners have really taken a great approach since the dark days of Flynn and Massone and finance is being balanced with a great youth system and on the park success.

The first division is quite tight this year, so it's a shrewd move, as they can bolster the squad and push them both away from the risk of relegation and on towards having a shout at promotion.

It at least adds some strength and depth until the January window, when they might well engineer a move away to a bigger club, depending how they perform.