Wotherspiniesta
13-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Murray should be at CB again :agree:

I'd go with

Stack

Spoony O'Hanlon Murray Hanlon

Sproule Towell Ozzy Griffiths

Agogo O'Connor

With Brown, Stephens, Booth, Scott, Palsson, Sodje and Thornhill on the bench.

Dunbar Hibee
13-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Murray should be at CB again :agree:

I'd go with

Stack

Spoony O'Hanlon Murray Hanlon

Sproule Towell Ozzy Griffiths

Agogo O'Connor

With Brown, Stephens, Booth, Scott, Palsson, Sodje and Thornhill on the bench.

Swap Agogo with Sodje and i'd be very happy with that team.

Franck is God
14-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Brown

Towell----Stephens----Hanlon----Booth

Palsson--Ozzy
Spoony------------------------Galbraith

O'Connor---Agogo

Subs

Stack
O'Hanlon
Stevenson
Scott
Sproule
Sodje
Griffiths

lucky
14-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Stack

Pallson
O Hanlon
Murray
Hanlon

Ivan
Ozzy
Towell
Scott

Agogo
O Connor

coco22
14-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Stack

Pallson
O Hanlon
Murray
Hanlon

Ivan
Ozzy
Towell
Scott

Agogo
O Connor

i like this team from the start - a bit of continuity. only concern is that palsson has had issues at rb before (admittedly he was good against st j but was effectively used against craig to snaffle their aerial tactics). would like galbraith to get a wee run out, a lefty on the left is always good.

Albion Hibs
14-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Stack

Palsson / O'Hanlon / Murray / Hanlon

Ivan / Towell / Osbourne / Booth

Agogo

O'Connor

I wonder if CC will be tempted to go with the team that started against them in the cup. The danger man is there wide pace players, Murray did well against him in the cup but may be tempted to play Hanlon there.

I dont think Booth will play but if it was me I think I would be starting him, with Humpreys pushing up all the time there is a chance his attacking ability could find itself in space and hopefully do some damage.

scoopyboy
14-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Brown

Towell----Stephens----Hanlon----Booth

Palsson--Ozzy
Spoony------------------------Galbraith

O'Connor---Agogo

Subs

Stack
O'Hanlon
Stevenson
Scott
Sproule
Sodje
Griffiths

mmmm - interesting

matty_f
14-10-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd think we'd stick to the same team that played against Rangers. There have been signs of consistency in selection in most positions now, and the team are better for it, IMHO.

Only change I could see would be Sproule coming in and being given the job of trying to counter Humphry.

Quite looking forward to the game, to be honest. Been encouraged by our performances of late and if we can get a win then I think it'll be another marker that we are progressing the way we should be. Definitely a game we should be winning if we have genuine aspirations of a top 4 finish.

.Sean.
15-10-2011, 09:14 AM
The players have yet to be told the team but they are expecting the same XI that started at Ibrox. Callum Booth is definately out, i'd like to see Stevenson at LB but I doubt that will happen.

Hibee87
15-10-2011, 09:25 AM
same team as the st j's game for me, make a point of telling pallson to sit back doinng the mopping up and to get ozzy going forward as he seems to have played better when given that freedom to plkay a bit further up he park,

also have sproule on the left (which he seems to be on any way) to try and match humphries runs BB needs to drum it in to sproule to always chase the boy back as he is their main threat would say play galbraith there but im guessing he is still injured :confused: griffiths on the right wing just waiting to cut inside his man and have a dig with his left

i would like ti see sodje and gaz play more upfront as i think sodje is the better target man but agogo has come onto a game recently what i dont want top see is sodge and agogo on at the same time.

any wya with a tight first half and hibs home advabtage ill go 1-1 ht 3-1 hibs ft :greengrin:flag:

500miles
15-10-2011, 09:32 AM
.......................Stack
Wotherspoon.O'Hanlon.Murray.Hanlon
.................Towell...Osbourne
...Sproule...........Scott..........Galbraith
.................O'Connor

It seems strange playing a 4-5-1, but I like the way Scott supports the lone striker, and it gives him a lot of lease to get shots away from around the box - he clearly has a talent for it.

Sproule and Galbraith give us much width, particularly when Hanlon isn't a great creative force from full back, and they can swap wings if it is felt that Garry needs more support from the wingers cutting inside.

For me Wotherspoon is a better option at right back than Palsson, and Towell always shows for the ball when the defence are in possession, which compliments Ozzy's less frantic approach, and allows him to focus on making the passes and moves which start attacks.

O'Connor doesn't like being up front on his own, but support from the likes of Sproule, Scott and Galbraith would, one would hope, prevent him being isolated. Once again, Scott's constant movement, and runs into space give us options, as well as a battling 3 man core in the midfield. For me, it is our most balanced team - and our most attacking. You can't attack without getting the ball, and this team is our most apt at that IMO.

Hibs Class
15-10-2011, 09:36 AM
The players have yet to be told the team but they are expecting the same XI that started at Ibrox. Callum Booth is definately out, i'd like to see Stevenson at LB but I doubt that will happen.

Injured?

.Sean.
15-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Injured? Ankle problem.