http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15297615.stm :greengrin

Sorry forgot to add NHC at the top still jet lagged :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
13-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Good

Dirty fat barsteward.

Hainan Hibs
13-10-2011, 05:11 PM
They make it sound like they have already got out the group stage and he'll return for their QF clash.

Hope they get pumped out and he doesn't see a game.

Wotherspiniesta
13-10-2011, 05:19 PM
As long as he's banging them in for the champs, that'll do for me.

pacorosssco
13-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Plan B

Seanair
13-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Mary Perryman is the only sensible one.

"Daggers to the heart" my bahookey.

iwasthere1972
13-10-2011, 06:25 PM
He must be kicking himself on hearing the news.

nortonhibby
13-10-2011, 06:31 PM
He must be kicking himself on hearing the news.

not really word is his old man had 100k on him getting a 3 match ban at 15 to 1:confused:

DC_Hibs
13-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Sorry forgot to add NHC at the top still jet lagged :rolleyes:

Should have added NSC as well as he'll still be closer to getting a game at the finals than Scotland.

"When will we see....."

hibee92
13-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Gary Hooper must be in with a chance now surely? :confused:

H18sry
13-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Should have added NSC as well as he'll still be closer to getting a game at the finals than Scotland.

"When will we see....."

:yawn::yawn:

stokesmessiah
13-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Gary Hooper must be in with a chance now surely? :confused:

I hope this is sarcasm !?

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-10-2011, 06:57 PM
They make it sound like they have already got out the group stage and he'll return for their QF clash.

Aye, cause they normally wait until after the draw has been made to claim how easy it'll be. :greengrin

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2759492/World-Cup-draw-is-Englands-easiest-ever.html

greenginger
13-10-2011, 07:38 PM
The English F. A. have an opportunity to appeal the three match ban.

Brown envelopes should be addressed to Sepp Blatter made payable to his offshore account.

Mind you, a frivolous appeal could increase the ban to 4 games. :greengrin

smurf
13-10-2011, 08:12 PM
I would rather watch the finals with the best players so a loss for me...

LancashireHibby
13-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Kind of had an inkling this would happen after all the tripe of him writing to UEFA etc etc - should have just admitted he made (another) mistake and took the punishment instead of spitting his dummy out. He'll regret it when he retires and realises that he's wasting his chances of being a big performer at a big tournament.

Sas_The_Hibby
13-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Who does? The BBC article certainly doesn't.

David Bond and Alan Shearer seem to think England are good enough to go through (without even knowing who'll be in England's group!:rolleyes:) but the article itself is completely neutral IMO.

FWIW, as an England fan, I think Rooney can have no complaints.

steakbake
13-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Who does? The BBC article certainly doesn't.

David Bond and Alan Shearer seem to think England are good enough to go through (without even knowing who'll be in England's group!:rolleyes:) but the article itself is completely neutral IMO.

FWIW, as an England fan, I think Rooney can have no complaints.

Yeah it's fair and entirely in the rules. Too bad for Rooney and England because he will be a big miss for them. As for counting chickens: yes, Shearer has already decided they're through. To be honest, they'll be seeded and it's realistic to expect they'll make it to the next round, all things considered. I bet you now England will be in a group with Poland.

Scotland could do with a little bit of the English trait of misplaced self-belief!

Sas_The_Hibby
13-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah it's fair and entirely in the rules. Too bad for Rooney and England because he will be a big miss for them. As for counting chickens: yes, Shearer has already decided they're through. To be honest, they'll be seeded and it's realistic to expect they'll make it to the next round, all things considered. I bet you now England will be in a group with Poland.

Scotland could do with a little bit of the English trait of misplaced self-belief!

Except that their record in Euro finals is pretty shocking. They always struggle to qualify from their group. It's probably easier to qualify from a World Cup group in fact.

hibee92
14-10-2011, 06:04 AM
I hope this is sarcasm !?

:greengrin

PatHead
14-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I thought he got sent off for kicking someone rather than being petulant! 3 match ban for kicking seems fair enough to me.

Craig_in_Prague
14-10-2011, 11:48 AM
He was absolutely gash in the world cup, and he may not touch a ball in the euro's...... shame for him really, he should be doing more at the highest level, at international level the guy has produced SFA.

As smurf said, I'd rather he was at the Euro's and playing, tournaments are often very boring and we need all countries with their best players in it, otherwise it could be pants again.

although Spain will walk it IMO, the rest can fight for runners up / other placings.

blackpoolhibs
14-10-2011, 03:34 PM
He might be their best player, but i have just been watching SSN and they had a chart up saying they win 69% of the games when he does not play, compared to 60% when he does. I hope he wins the appeal. :wink:

Gus
14-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Rooney has not done anything for the England team since 2004.

Great player at club level but not been able to carry that on to the international stage imo

Could make England better and allow another player in.

I will be donning my England shirt during the Euro's until inevitabley we get knocked out & I can cry into my pint

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-10-2011, 06:22 PM
When the talk is about big time players that rise to the challenge and the event, that has to include all the players personality aspects. When Ziddanne chest headed that boy, the comment was that it was out of character. Don't see the same comments about Shrek.

essexhibee
15-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Absolute ****bag. Now who do they play, the thought of the likes of bent, welbeck, defoe, Carroll etc will hardly worry many defences. Big loss for the English. Still though they will defo win it just like they were gonna win WC....oh...wait....