PDA

View Full Version : Draw for the Play-Offs for Euro Championships....

steakbake
13-10-2011, 12:00 PM
See the draw?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15289738.stm

Ireland got Estonia

Czech Republic got Montenegro.

I am envious...

A bit more confidence, more positive formations and we'd be heading off to Podgorice and having them back to Hampden thinking we could do a job...

Gutted. Ah well - at least Levein is "improving" things....

Ritchie
13-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Czech's got Montenegro, not Turkey. :wink:

steakbake
13-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Czech's got Montenegro, not Turkey. :wink:

That's what I said! :wink:

PatHead
13-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Wasn't sure if the draw would go ahead as I wondered if the Irish were going to demand the match from Wednesday was to be replayed due to a dodgy handball decision. (Similar to the way they reacted after Terry Henry's in the last qualifiers against France)

Funny how they haven't commented on that, infact deafening silence.

(For anyone who didn't see it on Wednesday the away goalie was sent off for handball outside the box after it hit him on chest)

Biff Tannen
13-10-2011, 12:41 PM
See the draw?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15289738.stm

Ireland got Estonia

Czech Republic got Montenegro.

I am envious...

A bit more confidence, more positive formations and we'd be heading off to Podgorice and having them back to Hampden thinking we could do a job...

Gutted. Ah well - at least Levein is "improving" things....

The Czechs were seeded, we wouldnt have been, so its not the tie we would have got.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Doyle controlled the ball with his arm b4 he tried to lob the keeper too, still I cannae complain, won a few quid when RVDV did the same for Spurs v Arsenal then tucked it away, so, I better not be too much of a hypocrite!

aberhibsfc
13-10-2011, 12:49 PM
That's what I said! :wink:

Wee edit after the correction :hilarious

steakbake
13-10-2011, 12:50 PM
The Czechs were seeded, we wouldnt have been, so its not the tie we would have got.

Aye, alright Mr Logic.

But just the general idea - we could have been in the qualifiers if we'd had someone with a bit of ambition about them.

Estonia, Turkey, Montenegro, Ireland - I would have fancied our chances.

I can't get past the 4-6-0.

iwasthere1972
13-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Aye, alright Mr Logic.

But just the general idea - we could have been in the qualifiers if we'd had someone with a bit of ambition about them.

Unfortunately the Czech Republic did.

ancient hibee
13-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Aye, alright Mr Logic.

And fancying our chances would be based on what evidence exactly?

SteveHFC
13-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Good Luck Ireland :thumbsup:

Wilson
13-10-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm quite bitter and will be hoping the czechs get pumped out. I imagine Boznia or Turkey might have provided a tougher draw for them.

SteveHFC
13-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Ireland
Portugal
Croatia
Montenegro

To go through :agree:

pacorosssco
13-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Good Luck Ireland :thumbsup:

aye good luck to them . jealous. shame we have a pierre file in charge instead of trapatoni.

wish them well apart from the scots in their team. :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
13-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Wasn't sure if the draw would go ahead as I wondered if the Irish were going to demand the match from Wednesday was to be replayed due to a dodgy handball decision. (Similar to the way they reacted after Terry Henry's in the last qualifiers against France)

Funny how they haven't commented on that, infact deafening silence.

(For anyone who didn't see it on Wednesday the away goalie was sent off for handball outside the box after it hit him on chest)

Aye because that's what they'll do right enough.

Myself and 2 mates are looking to go over for the home leg so hopefully ticket details are announced soon. Gould be a great day/night in Dublin.

steakbake
13-10-2011, 03:37 PM
And fancying our chances would be based on what evidence exactly?

A very good point, well made.