PDA

View Full Version : gaz, scotland & goodwillie

Hibee87
12-10-2011, 07:32 PM
So potter didn't pick him for off field problems and would re consider him after court cases.... Explain harry ya fud http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15275797

Archie70
12-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Easy. One plays for Hibs, one doesn't.

Westie1875
12-10-2011, 07:41 PM
So potter didn't pick him for off field problems and would re consider him after court cases.... Explain harry ya fud http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15275797

Garry plays for Hibs

Kevvy1875
12-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi...Craig here(Kevvy kindly allowed me to use his account).

Well basically Garry O' a a big Hibby cant and I'm a speccy unshaven embarrassment to my country on worldwide TV so I have to take it out on someone! I learned this back in the day when I used to punch removed out of my team mates in friendly games. This is the example and standards I set and expect my players to follow.

The day I pick one of you Hibby ballbags is the day I clean myself up and have a shave. That will also be the day I stop being bitter about my bottle crashing on the last day in 86' when we won the Scottish league, Cup and Champions league all in one day.

The only way any Hibby will get picked for Scotland is if Voldemort is BACK!

Yours....

Craig 'speccy, harry potter, manky looking, wouldnae let near your kids, bottle crashing, thuggy' Levien

P.S don't bother with replies as I won't have time. Driving down to England tomoz to try and persuade big Dunc Ferguson to play for us again.....I pass that Hibby removed Steven Fletchers hoose on the way.

silverhibee
13-10-2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/editors-choice/2011/10/13/the-nation-watched-this-man-score-in-spain-yesterday-he-was-in-court-on-an-assault-charge-incredibly-we-aren-t-allowed-to-show-you-his-face-86908-23485534/

Now what was Potters excuse for not picking Garry O'Connor for international duty.

What a joke and i notice the press aren't saying much about this. Potter GTF.

steakbake
13-10-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/editors-choice/2011/10/13/the-nation-watched-this-man-score-in-spain-yesterday-he-was-in-court-on-an-assault-charge-incredibly-we-aren-t-allowed-to-show-you-his-face-86908-23485534/

Now what was Potters excuse for not picking Garry O'Connor for international duty.

What a joke and i notice the press aren't saying much about this. Potter GTF.

He's going nowhere. There is a media love-in with him just now.

patlowe
13-10-2011, 12:16 PM
The problem is that Levein's explanations for picking/not picking players are littered with inconsistencies and bias. However, much as I'd love to join in with the Potter-bashing, I'm torn on this one. While I always think you should pick the guys in form, GOC clearly has a number of serious issues that need sorted out. At his age, they should have been sorted out a long time ago. As for Goodwillie, he had the rape accusation which he was cleared of. Something of that magnitude and sensitivity was always going to stop him being picked for Scotland. The assault case is of course also serious but I can see why it shouldn't interfere with his international chances.

silverhibee
13-10-2011, 01:20 PM
The problem is that Levein's explanations for picking/not picking players are littered with inconsistencies and bias. However, much as I'd love to join in with the Potter-bashing, I'm torn on this one. While I always think you should pick the guys in form, GOC clearly has a number of serious issues that need sorted out. At his age, they should have been sorted out a long time ago. As for Goodwillie, he had the rape accusation which he was cleared of. Something of that magnitude and sensitivity was always going to stop him being picked for Scotland. The assault case is of course also serious but I can see why it shouldn't interfere with his international chances.

Potter and the SFA should come out and make it quite clear on the rules of players with outstanding charges, one rule for everyone, if you have a court case then you should not be picked for your country, simple, doesn't matter if its a driving offence, assault, rape or drug charges you dont get picked until you have been dealt with by the courts, its a joke that Potter has picked Goodwullie who was to appear in court the next day after the Spain game for a serious assault, but will not pick O'Connor because he has drug charges to go to court for, the two of them face quite serious charges, DW is no stranger to the courts in Scotland and Potter will know this but he still picks him for Scotland, and the press say nothing about it either.

MSK
13-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Potter and the SFA should come out and make it quite clear on the rules of players with outstanding charges, one rule for everyone, if you have a court case then you should not be picked for your country, simple, doesn't matter if its a driving offence, assault, rape or drug charges you dont get picked until you have been dealt with by the courts, its a joke that Potter has picked Goodwullie who was to appear in court the next day after the Spain game for a serious assault, but will not pick O'Connor because he has drug charges to go to court for, the two of them face quite serious charges, DW is no stranger to the courts in Scotland and Potter will know this but he still picks him for Scotland, and the press say nothing about it either.Agreed ..:agree: ..with regards to Garry, I could fully understand Levein not picking him if his mindset wasnt there but on evidence, the court case/s looming over Garry's head certainly do not appear to be affecting him as he is bang on form & scoring goals. He could & should have represented Scotland in at least the last three games regardless of pending court cases ..