PDA

View Full Version : Do you care about racism in football - Hibs v Well on Saturday?

Hibs12thMan
12-10-2011, 04:49 PM
After several weeks emailing and chasing the club to discuss the Fortnight of Action and Show Racism the Red Card actvity at Easter Road we finally managed a face to face meeting yesterday. There was a wider discussion across several initiatives but the most urgent topic was that Hibs revealed they have activities planned for Saturday

They made a suggestion that they could provide 30 red A4 cards to Hibs Supporters if we were willing to raise these pre-match at the same time as the players display. We are disappointed at the small number of cards supplied by the club but accept that times are hard and Hibs need to keep their money for players :greengrin

We had proposed that Hibs have 2 teams of supporters (Hibs & Well) on the pitch to show unity with the players. However this request was ruled out as too short notice for matchday preparations. We will arrange these meetings with the club further in advance in future and ensure better organised activities next year.

What we are looking for is one supporter (or a group) in each section of the stadium who is willing to take a red card and stand at the foot of their section aisle near the pitch for a couple of minutes with their card raised. This will aim to show that we Hibs supporters back this campaign. It's all very well Hibs players holding up cards but the on-field activity is not the problem. We hear it in the stands and although not prevalent at Easter Road, you don't have to look too far to find it.

You could do this with a friend, bunch of mates or family group. We appreciate that it's short notice but hope that some of you might be up for volunteering a couple of minutes of your pre-match time for this very worthwhile cause on Saturday

PM's or posts welcome

Hibs12thMan
12-10-2011, 08:39 PM
2 volunteers so far - keep them coming folks :thumbsup:

It's activities like this that differentiates us Hibbies from the rest

Hibrandenburg
13-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Good luck!

joe breezy
13-10-2011, 12:22 PM
good luck and well done

no room for racism anywhere :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2011, 12:34 PM
good luck and well doneno room for racism anywhere :agree: Unless you happen to be a Muslim extremist, in which case you can fill your boots!

wpj
13-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Unless you happen to be a Muslim extremist, in which case you can fill your boots!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Reid

Seriously though, good work!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Thats v funny! good one! Do you think his shrinks name was Dr Marten?!!

wpj
13-10-2011, 03:04 PM
He just had an evil sole

Posh Swanny
13-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Embarrassing that the club will only strecth itself to 30 red cards. Could you generate enough cash/pledges in time to send someone down to Hobbycraft on Saturday morning to buy a few (hundred?) packs of these?

http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-HobbyCraft-Red-A4-Card_336157.htm

HibeeDaz6270
13-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Embarrassing that the club will only strecth itself to 30 red cards. Could you generate enough cash/pledges in time to send someone down to Hobbycraft on Saturday morning to buy a few (hundred?) packs of these?

Based on the above. Hibs have affectively contributed £4.47 to supporters with A4 red cards. Embarassing. They would be better not contributing at all than making themselves look so ridiculious. If there not going to make a worthwhile contribution, leave it to the supporters. 30 A4 bits of card!! unbelievable.

joe breezy
13-10-2011, 04:52 PM

Based on the above. Hibs have affectively contributed £4.47 to supporters with A4 red cards. Embarassing. They would be better not contributing at all than making themselves look so ridiculious. If there not going to make a worthwhile contribution, leave it to the supporters. 30 A4 bits of card!! unbelievable.

It's bizarrely bad, isn't it :confused:

hibsbollah
13-10-2011, 05:59 PM
£4.47.

:rolleyes:

Westie1875
13-10-2011, 06:36 PM
[/QUOTE]

And they wonder why folk have a go at their PR, who is responsible for these decisions within the club?

Andy74
13-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Sorry but times are tough and we are a football club that needs to concentrate on winning matches.

It's a worthy initiative of course but probably a bit down the list in terms of being a problem in the game here.

At The Edge
13-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Sorry but times are tough and we are a football club that needs to concentrate on winning matches.

It's a worthy initiative of course but probably a bit down the list in terms of being a problem in the game here.

So you won't mind if i shout Heil Hitler and give a Nazi salute all through the game as long as were winning?
or shout P.k.bar stool at anyone who may have an Asian background as long as are winning?
how many times have you heard 'aye once one gets in, then they bring all their family to scrouge of us'

Hibs are a focal point in a community which is proud of its diversity, however racism is a big problem in that community. my community, your community.
If Hibs can show that they support this and show folk that racism is not welcome in any shape or form at ER then we may get a more diverse support from a great diverse community in Edinburgh and beyond.

:cgwa

RIP
13-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Can any buddy who lives near Easter Road lay there hands on a massive bit of board OR TWO OR MORE?

How about half a dozen HUGE cards?

That would work - No?

We could paint them red wi a message or cover them in red wallpaper and paint the message oan

Scott Allan Key
13-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Unless you happen to be a Muslim extremist, in which case you can fill your boots!

Or a gun-toting Christian extremist from Norway perhaps even? Oh, they're white northern european like 'us'.:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Aye thats right, happens here all the ti..., oh no, it doesnae. Closest we've had is muppets from Ireland doing the damage on mainland soil, or the aforementioned extremists carrying out their business on TfL services. The bellend wi the nail bombs in Soho/Brick Lane can just be struck off as an individual mad man.

Harpandcastle
13-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Any chance of organising a zero tolerance day towards people who single out and abuse others purely because they play for Hibs? We have a far bigger problem with that at Easter Rd than racism.

Dashing Bob S
13-10-2011, 10:05 PM
So people either think:

1. Racism isn't an issue in Scottish football.

or

2. It isn't an issue at Easter Road.

or

3. It is an issue, but there are other things also worth protesting about and that they are reluctant to be manipulated into a futile and empty protest by those with a self-righteous agenda who are using this to showboat how right-on they are.

or

5. They are skint.

or

6. All or some of he above.

or

7...any others?

RIP
13-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Any chance of organising a zero tolerance day towards people who single out and abuse others purely because they play for Hibs? We have a far bigger problem with that at Easter Rd than racism.

We can do that

We can have an anti Racism display on Saturday, an anti-sectarianism protest against the Huns and a Zero Tolerance to abuse month

Good idea

frazeHFC
13-10-2011, 11:03 PM
So people either think:

or

or

3. It is an issue, but there are other things also worth protesting about and that they are reluctant to be manipulated into a futile and empty protest by those with a self-righteous agenda who are using this to showboat how right-on they are.

or

5. They are skint.

or

or

7...any others?

8. The think it is a problem but are not willing to help.

Future17
13-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Aye thats right, happens here all the ti..., oh no, it doesnae. Closest we've had is muppets from Ireland doing the damage on mainland soil, or the aforementioned extremists carrying out their business on TfL services. The bellend wi the nail bombs in Soho/Brick Lane can just be struck off as an individual mad man.

:confused:

I might have picked your post up incorrectly, but are you suggesting that racism is not a problem at Easter Road?

I've just seen the other thread you've started. Are you being serious?

You're essentially undermining the long-sought-after anti-racism work which is now beginning to be undertaken in Scottish football with some irrelevant distractionary nonsense.

I've read a lot of your posts and you have always struck me as quite sensible, but your chat tonight could do with some explaining in the context of a thread like this.

Green and white
14-10-2011, 01:05 AM
hibs were founded by an immigrant

show racism and sectarianism the red card

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2011, 06:09 AM
:confused:I might have picked your post up incorrectly, but are you suggesting that racism is not a problem at Easter Road?I've just seen the other thread you've started. Are you being serious? You're essentially undermining the long-sought-after anti-racism work which is now beginning to be undertaken in Scottish football with some irrelevant distractionary nonsense. I've read a lot of your posts and you have always struck me as quite sensible, but your chat tonight could do with some explaining in the context of a thread like this. I'm suggesting its a minor problem compared to sectarian issues in Scottish football.

lucky
14-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Hibs as a club are undermining the whole event by supplying 30 cards. If I had been at the meeting I would have walked out. Again pathetic from our club. To give a card to every fan coming through the turnstyle would have cost a few grand max and sent a massive message to everyone about hibs attitude towards racism. But sadly hibs don't think like that

Andy74
14-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Hibs as a club are undermining the whole event by supplying 30 cards. If I had been at the meeting I would have walked out. Again pathetic from our club. To give a card to every fan coming through the turnstyle would have cost a few grand max and sent a massive message to everyone about hibs attitude towards racism. But sadly hibs don't think like that

There's a load of social issues out there, some have a real impact on football itself, some don't.

The club do their thing to make clear that any type of anti social behaviour is unacceptable.

Yes we have some idiots in the crowd. Those same idiots are going to be idiots wherever they are and I don't think football can solve that for them.

Other than isolated idiots there isn't an inherent problem at hibs or in Scottish football and so whilst Hibs will of ciurse support it I can see why its down the list in terms of things to throw money at.

Social issues have their place and thir forums to be addreeesed and where things actually form part of the game then it has to be acted on and stamped out. Football isn't, however, something that needs to try and solve in herent issues in society. It's a game.

Harpandcastle
14-10-2011, 08:20 AM
There's a load of social issues out there, some have a real impact on football itself, some don't.

The club do their thing to make clear that any type of anti social behaviour is unacceptable.

Yes we have some idiots in the crowd. Those same idiots are going to be idiots wherever they are and I don't think football can solve that for them.

Other than isolated idiots there isn't an inherent problem at hibs or in Scottish football and so whilst Hibs will of ciurse support it I can see why its down the list in terms of things to throw money at.

Social issues have their place and thir forums to be addreeesed and where things actually form part of the game then it has to be acted on and stamped out. Football isn't, however, something that needs to try and solve in herent issues in society. It's a game.

Agreed, I want Hibs limited finances to go 100% towards the operation and running of Hibernian Football Club. If organisations supply materials the club see fit and proper to distribute then all good and well, if that falls short of what some others would like then purchase more at your own cost.

Shrekko
14-10-2011, 08:23 AM
So people either think:

or

or

or

5. They are skint.

or

or

7...any others?

Number 3 for me.

There's been plenty done about racism in football, to the extent that it's only a minor problem these days inside football grounds- and even then we all know we can report somebody if necessary. People waving red cards around aren't really going to have much of an effect on hard core racists IMO, and in fact to those of us who aren't racist anyway shows like this are just a bit naff to be honest.

The only thing I've heard at ER recently that some might consider borderline is the stuff about Sodje's manhood from 12thman/sect43/singing section/whatever it's called these days. Maybe representations need to be made between the parties concerned? :wink:

Beefster
14-10-2011, 08:26 AM

If Hibs provide a platform to allow folk to vent their prejudices then they have an obligation to, at least, make a token effort to ensure that everyone knows that it won't be tolerated, whether it is racism, sectarianism, homophobia or whatever. Spending a fiver on a pathetic number of cards is very much a 'token' effort.

I'm sure the Board could have chipped in £10 each to buy around 500 cards. Providing everyone with a card would have cost around £800 given how crap our crowds are. Yet again, the club's actions tell the story much better than the rehearsed sound-bites.

Andy74
14-10-2011, 08:32 AM
If Hibs provide a platform to allow folk to vent their prejudices then they have an obligation to, at least, make a token effort to ensure that everyone knows that it won't be tolerated, whether it is racism, sectarianism, homophobia or whatever. Spending a fiver on a pathetic number of cards is very much a 'token' effort.

I'm sure the Board could have chipped in £10 each to buy around 500 cards. Providing everyone with a card would have cost around £800 given how crap our crowds are. Yet again, the club's actions tell the story much better than the rehearsed sound-bites.

I already know it's not tolerated by the Club, don't you?

And Hibs don't provide me with a platform to do anyhting other than watch a football match.

This is a bit like that report on alcohol the other day. Its an excuse to act a way you are inclined to do anyway.

Sems very much like the fans aren't interested in contributing to this either unless the OP has a pile of PMs. Says it all about how much more the club should be putting their hands in already small pockets.

Beefster
14-10-2011, 08:40 AM
I already know it's not tolerated by the Club, don't you?

And Hibs don't provide me with a platform to do anyhting other than watch a football match.

This is a bit like that report on alcohol the other day. Its an excuse to act a way you are inclined to do anyway.

Sems very much like the fans aren't interested in contributing to this either unless the OP has a pile of PMs. Says it all about how much more the club should be putting their hands in already small pockets.

In the vast majority of cases, it is tolerated.

hibsbollah
14-10-2011, 10:55 AM

Exactly.

RIP
14-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I was one of the 3 supporters at that meeting so I'd like to give a full report - if that's OK

Advance Planning
We contacted the club 4 weeks ago. We should have done so 8 weeks ago as these sort of events need well thought out organisation and run by the police amongst others. It was clear that Hibs had organised at short notice this year and therefore could only repeat the matchday activity carried out last year

This Saturday and the future
We've spoken to Russell Smith since the meeting and though we've tried to develop a supporter display at the 11th hour it does look like it will be too little too late for Saturday. As stated above we haven't started talking early enough. Some supporters have suggested an International Day theme later in the season with flags celebrating the multi- ethinic nature of our team. We may even be able to attract more races in the stands. The demographic of our crowd does not represent the demographic of Edinburgh and there's some work we need to do to find out why that is

Show Racism & Bigotry
http://www.theredcardscotland.org/uploaded/SRTRC%20FOA%202011.pdf
The campaign has now been extended from just racism to Racism and Bigotry. At the meeting, Hibs management and supporters reps exchanged feelings about our Irish Roots and how our forefathers were the victims of both racism and sectarianism. Both are strongly linked and whilst we might not have large numbers of supporters wanting to stand up and display cards, we know these are important issues for some of us.

Resources
http://www.theredcardscotland.org/uploaded/FOA%20resources%20application%202011X.pdf
Hibs received their red cards and squad T-Shirts free from the campaign. The red T-Shirt will be worn by the squad in warmup. The club get a new set each year. We asked if they could be donated to Hibs12thMan. The club stated they players would use them for training. We have approached a couple of players to see if they would lobby their fellow players to give up and donate their T-Shirt to us for future campaigns.

RIP
14-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Display
The club asked us if we would display the 30 cards. We thought yes, provide we could display close to the pitch, to show solidarity with the players. They tried to insist that we pass them out in the Singing Section. We thought this was inappropriate for the following reasons
The Singing Section is there to sing
It is positioned away from the centre line, high in the stand and would not be visible
The Singing Section is not representative of our whole support

Our other suggestions for supporters on the pitch were ruled out due to late notice. If we do anything at all on Saturday we must, it seems, do something from a seat, rather than a gantry or aisle. So we might be best to reschedule.

Other activities
Last year the club conducted a forum at Easter Road attended by Mickey Weir (a SRTRC activist) and Tony Higgins. The campaign runs all year so we could consider a repeat of that event. The International Day merits further discussion. Most clubs also run workshops either in schools or at their Training Centres. Hibs are consider running sessions in the New Year.

Text Service
We discussed the provision of a service for supporters to discreetly report racist, bigoted or other unacceptable abuse. John Boag, Stadium Manager advised when tried at Hearts, they had found the cost high and the usage very low. We need to contact other clubs with the service to see if there's a way of offsetting cost or increasing use. The other problem is that this conduct is considered a legal offence. No yellow cards, just a straight red. A steward alone would not deal with an offender - it would be the police, who would then require a witness statement

Unity in the Community football tournament
A fellow supporter had prepared an excellent 2-page proposal on this partnership event. Probably dates summer 2012. It would be run by supporters, probably in partnership with Hibernian Community Foundation, SRTRC and Community groups. There is a shed load of work to run these operations and more work needs to be done by way of Feasibility to see if this could be realised

Resources and staffing at Hibs
Staffing has been trimmed to the bone at Hibs with staff working long hours. Most of the management and backroom staff are passionate Hibbies but their current workload doesn't allow them to take on new projects. This is where we come in - by providing volunteers

Phil MaGlass
14-10-2011, 11:37 AM

mibbe the club meant for the 30 cards to be held up in one block, 5 x 6 so that it would show up more than small cards all over the ground?

RIP
14-10-2011, 12:05 PM
mibbe the club meant for the 30 cards to be held up in one block, 5 x 6 so that it would show up more than small cards all over the ground?

Correct - but where they suggested this small block to be positioned was impractical and would not be visible

basehibby
14-10-2011, 02:30 PM
How you doing for volunteers - I'm happy to hold a big (well...A4) red card up from the wheelchair section of the East Stand -

as them good ole Dead Kennedys would have said....

NAZI PUNKS ****** OFF!!!
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Dirkster23
14-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Number 3 for me.

There's been plenty done about racism in football, to the extent that it's only a minor problem these days inside football grounds- and even then we all know we can report somebody if necessary. People waving red cards around aren't really going to have much of an effect on hard core racists IMO, and in fact to those of us who aren't racist anyway shows like this are just a bit naff to be honest.

The only thing I've heard at ER recently that some might consider borderline is the stuff about Sodje's manhood from 12thman/sect43/singing section/whatever it's called these days. Maybe representations need to be made between the parties concerned? :wink:

Spot on mate :aok:

Hibs12thMan
14-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Number 3 for me.

Spot om mate :aok:

It's called the Singing Section mate - Sect43 are a new group of activists that write songs, make flags and organise marches. Hibs12thMan is an organisation that seeks to be active on behalf of ALL supporters.

We have condemned the singing of the Sodje song and fed back a request from the club that all fans refrain from singing it again. This also goes for all the other juvenile filth about body parts, urination, dead people and paedos.

We want to hear songs that support OUR BOYS IN GREEN - zero tolerance to the rest!!

Bishop Hibee
14-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Surely an exception could be made for a chant aimed at the denizens of darkest Lanarkshire regarding this story :confused: :wink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15307030

Shrekko
14-10-2011, 09:27 PM
We have condemned the singing of the Sodje song and fed back a request from the club that all fans refrain from singing it again. This also goes for all the other juvenile filth about body parts, urination, dead people and paedos.

We want to hear songs that support OUR BOYS IN GREEN - zero tolerance to the rest!!

Obviously still got a work to do with the 'activists' then as I've heard all those songs this season.

yeezus.
14-10-2011, 09:44 PM
I won't be able to make the Motherwell game but good luck. There is absolutely no place for racism in football. When Hibs fans sang Rudi Scakel is a refugee, they forgot our Irish history.

Show Racism the Red Card.

Hibs12thMan
14-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Obviously still got a work to do with the 'activists' then as I've heard all those songs this season.

Until the club openly condemns these songs it's hard to stand in front of people and hold their mouths shut. The problem with the perpetrators is that they have been responsible for dozens of sensible supporters leaving the Singing Section who don't want to be associated with "witless dafties"

We have to win over hearts and minds but if you don't like the songs do what we do and go over to the singers and make your views known

Shrekko
14-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Until the club openly condemns these songs it's hard to stand in front of people and hold their mouths shut. The problem with the perpetrators is that they have been responsible for dozens of sensible supporters leaving the Singing Section who don't want to be associated with "witless dafties"

We have to win over hearts and minds but if you don't like the songs do what we do and go over to the singers and make your views known

I've got a ST for the West so no can do!

Stupid, witless and borderline offensive songs have been a feature of the singing bit in the East for the last few years. I've always found that if you offer this opinion, even on hibs.net you get jumped on so I dont think I'd really be up for trying to lecture these guys face to face about their songs!

However you are correct that this is why many fans that would normally be up for a bit of singing are put off whether people accept it or not. It's never been the same since they put the seats in.

SanFranHibs
15-10-2011, 01:31 AM

If only......

Ok, I'm going to be the first to say it on this thread...I think it's a lot of crap !!!

Maybe I've been in America too long ! Just one of the many 'issues' designed to divert peoples attention from what is really happening.

Maybe if we have a show the Red card to Israel attacking and taking over Palestinian land I might participate. Or a show the Red card to America and Britain undermining and pouring out complete lies about Arab countries (except their friends the disgusting Saudi Royal family) I might particpate. Maybe if we had a show the Red card to the United Nations, the world forum for hatred, for continually promoting American and Israeli designs agains country's such as Iran I might particpate. Maybe if we had a show the Red Card to the lands of the 'free democracies' trying to ruin countries like Cuba and Venezuela I might participate. Maybe if we had a show the Red Card to Dope Inc. I might participate.

Of course we could go on forever showing the Red card to countless injustices and we would still be where we are.

I am certainly not proposing we reintroduce slavery, erect burning crosses on peoples front lawns but 'Show Racism The Red Card'? What a joke !!!

And once we show the Red card to racism we can then go out and show the Red card to poverty, religious wars, the drug industry and organized crime and corruption in politics and not forgetting corruption in FIFA and football management !!! And that will be the end of them. We might even be able to dispense with the services of that white supremicist superhero Bicycle Repair Man. You noticed he only fixed the bikes of white people !

And one of the last resorts of liberals in their free and democratic Utopian society is, ironically, Zero Tolerance !!! I'm sure they will be wanting to show me the Red card !!! But maybe I am just a 'witless daftie'. How I wish I was held in high esteem by the intelligensia of the football supporting fraternity.

Soon our songs will be too lame for the Eurovision Song contest.

Hibs Singing Section quatre points.

Dashing Bob S
15-10-2011, 02:13 AM
If only......

Ok, I'm going to be the first to say it on this thread...I think it's a lot of crap !!!

Maybe I've been in America too long ! Just one of the many 'issues' designed to divert peoples attention from what is really happening.

Maybe if we have a show the Red card to Israel attacking and taking over Palestinian land I might participate. Or a show the Red card to America and Britain undermining and pouring out complete lies about Arab countries (except their friends the disgusting Saudi Royal family) I might particpate. Maybe if we had a show the Red card to the United Nations, the world forum for hatred, for continually promoting American and Israeli designs agains country's such as Iran I might particpate. Maybe if we had a show the Red Card to the lands of the 'free democracies' trying to ruin countries like Cuba and Venezuela I might participate. Maybe if we had a show the Red Card to Dope Inc. I might participate.

Of course we could go on forever showing the Red card to countless injustices and we would still be where we are.

I am certainly not proposing we reintroduce slavery, erect burning crosses on peoples front lawns but 'Show Racism The Red Card'? What a joke !!!

And once we show the Red card to racism we can then go out and show the Red card to poverty, religious wars, the drug industry and organized crime and corruption in politics and not forgetting corruption in FIFA and football management !!! And that will be the end of them. We might even be able to dispense with the services of that white supremicist superhero Bicycle Repair Man. You noticed he only fixed the bikes of white people !

And one of the last resorts of liberals in their free and democratic Utopian society is, ironically, Zero Tolerance !!! I'm sure they will be wanting to show me the Red card !!! But maybe I am just a 'witless daftie'. How I wish I was held in high esteem by the intelligensia of the football supporting fraternity.

I salute this brilliant post. :not worth:top marks

joe breezy
15-10-2011, 06:20 AM
If only......

"Soon our songs will be too lame for the Eurovision Song contest"

Yeah, right enough without our plethora of racist songs where would we be?
I thought I supported Hibs not Airdrie.

Racism has taken place in football grounds from years, it's much better than it was in the 80s but it still happens, more likely to be the shouts of a few, but still worth making the point that it's unacceptable.

Most of the deeper political stuff you refer to doesn't manifest itself in serious verbal abuse at football grounds so therefore not relevant for a red card day.

Jack
15-10-2011, 07:55 AM
If only......Ok, I'm going to be the first to say it on this thread...I think it's a lot of crap !!!Maybe I've been in America too long ! Just one of the many 'issues' designed to divert peoples attention from what is really happening. Maybe if we have a show the Red card to Israel attacking and taking over Palestinian land I might participate. Or a show the Red card to America and Britain undermining and pouring out complete lies about Arab countries (except their friends the disgusting Saudi Royal family) I might particpate. Maybe if we had a show the Red card to the United Nations, the world forum for hatred, for continually promoting American and Israeli designs agains country's such as Iran I might particpate. Maybe if we had a show the Red Card to the lands of the 'free democracies' trying to ruin countries like Cuba and Venezuela I might participate. Maybe if we had a show the Red Card to Dope Inc. I might participate.Of course we could go on forever showing the Red card to countless injustices and we would still be where we are.I am certainly not proposing we reintroduce slavery, erect burning crosses on peoples front lawns but 'Show Racism The Red Card'? What a joke !!!And once we show the Red card to racism we can then go out and show the Red card to poverty, religious wars, the drug industry and organized crime and corruption in politics and not forgetting corruption in FIFA and football management !!! And that will be the end of them. We might even be able to dispense with the services of that white supremicist superhero Bicycle Repair Man. You noticed he only fixed the bikes of white people !And one of the last resorts of liberals in their free and democratic Utopian society is, ironically, Zero Tolerance !!! I'm sure they will be wanting to show me the Red card !!! But maybe I am just a 'witless daftie'. How I wish I was held in high esteem by the intelligensia of the football supporting fraternity.Soon our songs will be too lame for the Eurovision Song contest. Hibs Singing Section quatre points. Hard to disagree with any of that except I don't think the Show the Red Card initiative has such lofty ambitions. Its about tackling racism in and around football. Something may filter outside of that and that would be a bonus.

Hibs12thMan
15-10-2011, 10:24 AM
No supporter display today - too short notice. Daily calls over last few days but we agree better to do something good than something quick

More activists have come forward though and there's real interest in an International Day sometime this season.

Watch this space

Hibs On Tour
15-10-2011, 08:53 PM
<tin hat on>

Am I the only one who goes along purely to watch Hibs? The only thing I give a flying one about come 3pm on a Sat [on those few occasions it is actually at a 3pm on a Sat that is!] is whether we win or not and do we play well or not. I, for one, am sick to the back teeth of both the authorities telling me what I can and cannot do at the football and the array of varied 'interest groups' telling me what I should or should not think/believe/say/whatever.

The way its going its not going to be too long before we have more 'secret policemen' in our stands than fans, with them concentrating more on reporting other fans for X, Y or Z than the actual game. A kind of 11-a-side Eastern European Communist police state.

Still, even though all that pisses me off at least I still have the sparkling fare on offer *on* the pitch to make the whole day more enjoyable...

lucky
15-10-2011, 09:18 PM
<tin hat on>

Am I the only one who goes along purely to watch Hibs? The only thing I give a flying one about come 3pm on a Sat [on those few occasions it is actually at a 3pm on a Sat that is!] is whether we win or not and do we play well or not. I, for one, am sick to the back teeth of both the authorities telling me what I can and cannot do at the football and the array of varied 'interest groups' telling me what I should or should not think/believe/say/whatever.

The way its going its not going to be too long before we have more 'secret policemen' in our stands than fans, with them concentrating more on reporting other fans for X, Y or Z than the actual game. A kind of 11-a-side Eastern European Communist police state.

Still, even though all that pisses me off at least I still have the sparkling fare on offer *on* the pitch to make the whole day more enjoyable...

Pish sort of apologists attitude that Nazis used to cover there attacks on their own people

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Aye, its the same thing right enough Lucky! Dearie me!

One Day
16-10-2011, 09:41 AM
<tin hat on>

No need for tin hat, I for one agree. I go to watch Hibs and dont need to be told how to behave.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Where i sit in the east i have never heard a racist chant or rant. Nor where i used to sit in the west stand. I do know the club dont want any of this going on, there are posters plastered around the place telling me this. Holding a red card day is just bringing it to folks attention a bit more i suppose.

The Voice Of Reason
16-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Pish sort of apologists attitude that Nazis used to cover there attacks on their own people

:faf: Hilarious !

One Day
16-10-2011, 10:38 AM

Can Petrie play Hitler

Hibs On Tour
16-10-2011, 10:59 PM

Pish. Away and throw ***** at yerself.

Andy74
17-10-2011, 03:57 PM

Isn't there some sort of internet rule that suggests that you automatically lose any credence in an argument when you compare anything to the the Nazis. :wink: