PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish on Sky Sports

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Notts County v Hartlepool on SS1 1630 KO

Bostonhibby
09-10-2011, 01:57 PM
:thumbsup: Come on Nishy, the Monkey Hangers to win is the last leg of my accumulator!

Northernhibee
09-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Glad to see him do well. Always a Hibee, always liked him.

Northernhibee
09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Fiver on Nishy to score first and Hartlepool to draw - 25/1.

Mon Nishy!

iwasthere1972
09-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Good luck Nishie. :aok:

stu in nottingham
09-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Notts are on a bit of a roll at the moment with their manager Martin Allen winning manager of the month. I wouldn't bet against them.

DAVE1875
09-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Always liked Nishy, shame he just couldn't cut it at his boyhood heros, scored some good goals for us mind

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2011, 04:01 PM
He's playing just as i remember him, giving fouls away and falling over. And thats them 1 down too. The manager will probably be playing him in the wrong position.:wink:

greenlex
09-10-2011, 04:01 PM
County score. Monkeyhangers look poor. Nish has spent his time being fouled, fouling or on his erse. To be fair to him he never could play the lone striker.

DAVE1875
09-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Would Nish & O'Connor have made a good partnership? Two big, strong strikers or we happy with the one big strong striker and one small speedy striker partnership with O'Connor & Griffiths?

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Eh? No thanks, O'Connor by himself would be better than himself & Nish!

joe breezy
09-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I've got Notts County to win - hadn't read a single tip for Hartlepool till I came on here...

greenlex
09-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Sodje on for county. :greengrin Sam.

Andy74
09-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Would Nish & O'Connor have made a good partnership? Two big, strong strikers or we happy with the one big strong striker and one small speedy striker partnership with O'Connor & Griffiths?

Nish big and strong? Behave!

nortonhibby
09-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Nish big and strong? Behave!

Big Colin is missed he is a Hibby as is his Dad he did not deserve the abuse he got.

frazeHFC
09-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Big Colin is missed he is a Hibby as is his Dad he did not deserve the abuse he got.

This is true, i would feel heartbroken if i was him. But at the same time, it doesn't mean we need to say he is any good. :wink:

archiebald
09-10-2011, 07:55 PM
One word AWFUL :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Id be happy to have 11 Hearts fans playing for Hibs every week if they were good players!

steviehibsleith
09-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Id be happy to have 11 Hearts fans playing for Hibs every week if they were good players!

Thats taking it too far hutchy :wink:

nortonhibby
09-10-2011, 08:06 PM
One word AWFUL :aok:

Id dare you to say that to his dad a grave move on your behalf:flag:

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2011, 10:27 PM
I watched the game today out of boredom, would not have watched it had Nish not been playing. As usual he was awful, he gave today the typical Colin Nish performance.

He couldnt stay off his erse, couldnt control the ball, gave away many fouls and was ponderous in the extreme, just the poor player he clearly is.

Great hibby though, and had the odd decent game for us, but i'd not want him back.

archiebald
09-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I watched the game today out of boredom, would not have watched it had Nish not been playing. As usual he was awful, he gave today the typical Colin Nish performance.

He couldnt stay off his erse, couldnt control the ball, gave away many fouls and was ponderous in the extreme, just the poor player he clearly is.

Great hibby though, and had the odd decent game for us, but i'd not want him back.

The word AWFUL crops up again

lucky
09-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Can't believe some of the comments on here. We all know he was awful at Hibs but surely we can wish him well at his new club. But come on Nish can never be described as a big strong center forward

IWasThere2016
10-10-2011, 03:02 AM
He was never a player IMHO. Nae touch, composure, mobility and several stupid red cards to the bargain also. A profilic 1 goal in 15+ appearences last season. Mince.

IWasThere2016
10-10-2011, 03:21 AM
He was never a player IMHO. Nae touch, composure, mobility and several stupid red cards to the bargain also. A profilic 1 goal in 15+ appearences last season. Mince.

TrickyNicky
10-10-2011, 04:22 AM

Just in case you missed it the first two times.

Parrot folk ken whit's gaun oan likes!:wink:

Parrot folk ken whit's gaun oan likes !:wink:

KeithTheHibby
10-10-2011, 09:10 AM
When he came to Hibs he had a decent pedigree in the SPL however on the whole was poor for us.

I will however always admire him for his honest comments made after he scored a hat-trick against Motherwell yet only managed to draw 6-6, refused to toe the party line and said it like a true Hibby.

hibsbollah
10-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Got us into Europe singlehandedly, just like Amadou.

HibbyAndy
10-10-2011, 10:07 AM

Spot on.

stu in nottingham
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Just a shame both sides of the Trent can't do well at the same time, seems to be either 1 or the other.. ;)

Always seems that way. I reckon there's a pretty good chance they will be playing each other again next season - in the Championship.

Newry Hibs
10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Just a shame both sides of the Trent can't do well at the same time, seems to be either 1 or the other.. ;)
Going a bit off topic here, but what is the rivalry like between Forest and County fans?

Do Forest think of themselves as 'superior' to County? Were County fans cheering back in Clough times and the European cups wins?

Given they are a bit closer in the leagues now, maybe the rivalry has stepped up a bit?

Speedway
10-10-2011, 12:40 PM
There is a legend in Hibernian Folklore that when Mrs Nish was pushing baby Colin out, she looked to her left and saw a linesman flagging.

Colin Nish - Born Offside.

stu in nottingham
11-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Going a bit off topic here, but what is the rivalry like between Forest and County fans?

Do Forest think of themselves as 'superior' to County? Were County fans cheering back in Clough times and the European cups wins?

Given they are a bit closer in the leagues now, maybe the rivalry has stepped up a bit?

In truth it's a bit of a non-rivalry these days. The last time it was really competitive was in the mid-seventies, pre-Clough at the City Ground then it all got blown out of the water as Forest conquered Europe. I'd say few Notts fans enjoyed the Forest success but some could see that it was a phenomenon happening in their own city and go along with the wonderful ride. From that period onward, as is understandable, many more youngsters in the area wanted to follow the Reds. Notts were the 'glamour' side in the fifties but since that time Forest have been much better supported.

These days Forest have much more of a rivalry with Derby County (though this was certainly not the case years ago). If I can try to define the attitude that some Forest and Notts fans have towards each impartially, I'd say that Forest tend to have a slightly condescending and patronising attitude towards the Magpies whilst conversely some Notts fans can have a slightly bitter and jealous attitude towards Forest. There are plenty of balanced folk that like both teams to do well though.

Fergus52
11-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Got us into Europe singlehandedly, just like Amadou.

:flag::greengrin:flag: