Czech Republic 0-1 Spain, Mata. :thumbsup:

After 5 minutes.

Matches on TV tonight;

Czech Republic v Spain (ITV4)
France v Albania (ESPN)
Montenegro v England (Sky Sports 1)
Andorra v Ireland (Sky Sports 2)
Wales v Switzerland (Sky Sports 3)
Northern Ireland v Estonia (Sky Sports 4)

iwasthere1972
07-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Spain winning 1-0 after 8 minutes. :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
07-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Czech Republic 0-1 Spain, Mata. :thumbsup:

After 5 minutes.

Matches on TV tonight;

Czech Republic v Spain (ITV4)
France v Albania (ESPN)
Montenegro v England (Sky Sports 1)
Andorra v Ireland (Sky Sports 2)
Wales v Switzerland (Sky Sports 3)
Northern Ireland v Estonia (Sky Sports 4)

Just switched the Spain game on and pleased to see them 1 up. A cricket score please espana!!

iwasthere1972
07-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Just switched the Spain game on and pleased to see them 1 up. A cricket score please espana!!

I would be happy with 1-0 as the scoreline doesn't affect whether Scotland qualify for the play-offs or not.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 07:09 PM
2-0 Spain, Alonso. :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
07-10-2011, 07:09 PM
2-0 :aok:

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 07:10 PM
1-0 England, Young. :boo hoo:

hibee92
07-10-2011, 07:10 PM
1-0 engerland young

CallumLaidlaw
07-10-2011, 07:14 PM
2-0 Spain, Alonso. :thumbsup:

2 match ban for Baros? :wink:

euro Hibby
07-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Spain game is strange / only 3 fouls commite by the Czech-s and 0 fouls by Spain in plus 40 minutes !

Viva_Palmeiras
07-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the coverage would have missed out otherwise:top marks

Ok showing my age here but is it just me or does Puyol look like a member of the Flashing Blade cast - always thought that....

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 07:33 PM
I know what's going to happen here.

Czech Republic will lose tonight and Scotland will win tomorrow.

Scotland will go into the final round of matches on Tuesday, one point ahead.

Scotland will lose to Spain and Czech Republic will get a point against Lithuania, putting Scotland and Czech Republic level on points and Scotland will go out because of the head-to-head record, thanks in no small part to Levein's disgraceful deployment of anti-football in Prague last year.

Let's face it, it's the Scottish way. :rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
07-10-2011, 07:36 PM

Scotland will lose to Spain and Czech Republic will get a point against Lithuania, putting Scotland and Czech Republic level on points and Scotland will go out because of the head-to-head record, thanks in no small part to Levein's disgraceful deployment of anti-football in Prague last year.

Nah, we'll end up cuffing Spain 3-0 and the Czech's will win 1-0 with a 98th minute own goal!

Mikey
07-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Spain are fantastic to watch. It's the first neutral game I've sat and watched without finding other distractions for ages.

flash
07-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Nah, we'll end up cuffing Spain 3-0 and the Czech's will win 1-0 with a 98th minute own goal!

Which would put us through.

down-the-slope
07-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Spain are fantastic to watch. It's the first neutral game I've sat and watched without finding other distractions for ages.

So not tempted by naked Cheerleading on ch 76 :rolleyes:

Hainan Hibs
07-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Which would put us through.

:greengrin

I'm torn over what Scotland should do. Typical Scottish backs to the wall, turn the pitch into a scene out of braveheart or have a go at them (which worked for a while at Hampden!).

Only one thing is for sure, only Scotland could be daft enough to believe they have a chance :greengrin

Montenegro pull one back:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 07:48 PM

Well if tonight's scoreline stays the same and we beat Liechtenstein tomorrow, the results you give there would put Scotland through, a point ahead of Czech Republic.

Hainan Hibs
07-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Czechs almost pull one back straight from the restart:bitchy:

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 07:50 PM
England maybe not getting things quite their own way in the second half. It's 2-1 to England at half time.

Montenegro need two goals to make things competitive in the final game.

Hibee87
07-10-2011, 08:04 PM

is that how it works? wasnt sure if it was head to head record of goal diference :confused:

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Czechs down to 10 men.

Shocking challenge on Alonso.

I would dock them 3 points, personally. :agree:

Hainan Hibs
Wish I wisnae having a late tea seeing that tackle from the Czech player :bitchy:

Apologising straight away but jeezo, that could've done some damage! Where was he aiming at?

CallumLaidlaw
Shocking challenge by Thomas Hubschmann. Czechs down to 10 men.

Hainan Hibs
07-10-2011, 08:13 PM
is that how it works? wasnt sure if it was head to head record of goal diference :confused:

Head to head, if we win tomorrow we need to match the Czech result vs Lithuania.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 08:15 PM

Yep.

The first tiebreaker, where two teams are on the same number of points, is the head-to-head record of the two teams concerned.

stoneyburn hibs
07-10-2011, 08:15 PM
We must be due a break naw ?, we beat the licks tomorrow , and tuesday the lithuanians hold the cheques , please please

Hibee87
07-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Head to head, if we win tomorrow we need to match the Czech result vs Lithuania.

cheers wasnt sure of the outcome, ach well i REALLY cant see the liths doing us any favours and would imagine a draw at best, win for scotland the morra but nae chance we will get a result in spain so looks very very slim.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Major controversy in the Northern Ireland game.

It was 1-1 with five minutes left and the linesman puts his flag up to signal offside against an Estonia player, the referee doesn't give it and play continues. Five seconds later, Estonia score to go 2-1 up.

Wotherspiniesta
07-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Major controversy in the Northern Ireland game.

It was 1-1 with five minutes left and the linesman puts his flag up to signal offside against an Estonia player, the referee doesn't give it and play continues. Five seconds later, Estonia score to go 2-1 up.

Great decision.

The "offisde" came from a pass from the NI player.

Play the whistle. Well done ref :aok:

KingFranck
07-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Rooney sent off

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Great decision.

The "offisde" came from a pass from the NI player.

Play the whistle. Well done ref :aok:

I think it's actually doubtful as to whether or not the Estonia player was in an offside position to be honest.

Still would have been raging if I was Northern Irish tonight (or my brother, for that matter, who was only waiting on Northern Ireland to win £108 :tee hee:)

Mikey
Rooney sent off

Nice little earner that :greengrin

Sir David Gray
Rooney sent off

Seriously? :faf:

You could not make that up, to be honest. :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
Pissing myself :faf:

Wotherspiniesta
07-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Notice how this decision in the NI game has not been picked up by either one of the commentators.

Embarassing.

Wotherspiniesta
07-10-2011, 08:36 PM
I think it's actually doubtful as to whether or not the Estonia player was in an offside position to be honest.

Still would have been raging if I was Northern Irish tonight (or my brother, for that matter, who was only waiting on Northern Ireland to win £108 :tee hee:)

Doesn't matter. He could be standing on the goal line and he still would be onside because the ball got played to him by a NI player.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Doesn't matter. He could be standing on the goal line and he still would be onside because the ball got played to him by a NI player.

That's actually a great spot. :agree:

I've just seen the replay and it's clearly come off Steven Davis. I didn't really notice that at the time.

Wotherspiniesta
07-10-2011, 08:46 PM
That's actually a great spot. :agree:

I've just seen the replay and it's clearly come off Steven Davis. I didn't really notice that at the time.

That's fair enough for the average punter.

What about the commentators though? Blinded by rage or unaware of the rules of football? :greengrin

Ref made a fantastic decision seeing that at full speed. :agree:

Hainan Hibs
07-10-2011, 08:51 PM
YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Montenegro equalise :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

SteveHFC
07-10-2011, 08:52 PM
:faf::faf:

lucky
07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
England just cost me £175

down-the-slope
Rooney sent off

Hope his Father hasn't got that on his bookies slip tonight :greengrin

At The Edge
Spain are an absolute joy to watch, their workrate without the ball is awesome, on the ball, their movement is breathtaking at times.
:greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Spain are an absolute joy to watch, their workrate without the ball is awesome, on the ball, their movement is breathtaking at times.:greengrinNot sure if a European side have won 3 championships in a row, euros-wc-euros? But Spain look good for it, they are miles ahead of any other team.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 08:58 PM
YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Montenegro equalise :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

England still through as group winners, though, as they only needed a point tonight.

Montenegro into the play offs and the scenes from there tonight are amazing.

Saorsa
07-10-2011, 08:59 PM
YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Montenegro equalise :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:dinnae think I'll celebrate that goal, it's just lost me about 500 quid in winnings at the bookies and if the other games currently playing finish as they are it'll be just short of a grand :bitchy:

LancashireHibby
07-10-2011, 09:07 PM
dinnae think I'll celebrate that goal, it's just lost me about 500 quid in winnings at the bookies and if the other games currently playing finish as they are it'll be just short of a grand :bitchy:

Serves you right for ignoring the tips about Rooney! :wink:

Saorsa
07-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Serves you right for ignoring the tips about Rooney! :wink:aye, very good

BoltonHibee
07-10-2011, 09:20 PM
England still through as group winners, though, as they only needed a point tonight.

Montenegro into the play offs and the scenes from there tonight are amazing.

They looked like a pub team too!

LancashireHibby
07-10-2011, 09:22 PM
aye, very good

Sorry, someone had to say it!

Biggie
07-10-2011, 09:41 PM
They looked like a pub team too!

So do Montenegro........boom boom

BoltonHibee
07-10-2011, 09:47 PM
So do Montenegro........boom boom

:)

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Well tonight's result in Prague means that entry into the play offs is now completely in Scotland's hands.

Six points from their last two matches would mean that they will be guaranteed to finish second. :aok:

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Well tonight's result in Prague means that entry into the play offs is now completely in Scotland's hands.

Six points from their last two matches would mean that they will be guaranteed to finish second. :aok:

Just a pity that one of those games is against probably the best team of our generation. :greengrin

Let's hope Lithuania can raise their game to beat the Czechs. :agree:

LancashireHibby
07-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Anyone seen this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15224071.stm) from the Greece-Croatia game? Absolutely mental.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Just a pity that one of those games is against probably the best team of our generation. :greengrin

Let's hope Lithuania can raise their game to beat the Czechs. :agree:

They've got two draws at home against Liechtenstein and Scotland so hopefully they can go one step further on Tuesday. They can also "do the double" over Czech Republic with a win, after they beat them away last year.

Lithuania are out so I don't know what kind of motivation they will have for this game. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if my scenario ends up being the case and we go out to Czech Republic because of our head-to-head against them after they draw with Lithuania and we beat Liechtenstein and lose to Spain.

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-10-2011, 11:39 PM
They've got two draws at home against Liechtenstein and Scotland so hopefully they can go one step further on Tuesday. They can also "do the double" over Czech Republic with a win, after they beat them away last year.

Lithuania are out so I don't know what kind of motivation they will have for this game. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if my scenario ends up being the case and we go out to Czech Republic because of our head-to-head against them after they draw with Lithuania and we beat Liechtenstein and lose to Spain.

I think this is very likely. :agree:

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Anyone seen this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15224071.stm) from the Greece-Croatia game? Absolutely mental.

We'll have all that to look forward to next year when we play Croatia in qualification to the 2014 World Cup. As if that wasn't enough, we also face the Serbs. :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
07-10-2011, 11:48 PM
We'll have all that to look forward to next year when we play Croatia in qualification to the 2014 World Cup. As if that wasn't enough, we also face the Serbs. :rolleyes:

Seems the spark tonight was from the Greeks though in retaliation to an incident in Zagreb earlier in the season.

Serbia seems a bit of a mixed bag - a few mates went there watching Bolton and the majority were locked in their hotels under police guard but a few sneaked out for a beer and said the locals were absolutely spot on and couldn't believe the lengths the police were going to!