PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Annual Report 2011

ancienthibby
07-10-2011, 03:42 PM
I ken that I am getting even more ancient and diddery, but I have not received the Annual Report and Accounts for 31 July 2011, which is our year end.

Normal procedure is that these are published to shareholders around the second/third week of September.

I know I live in the boondocks, but has any shareholder received anything??

BEEJ
07-10-2011, 04:06 PM
No results have yet been announced so I doubt that they would have been issued.

Certainly later than previous years. :agree:

greenginger
07-10-2011, 05:10 PM
They won't want to hold the A G M until they get a couple of more positive results recorded.

Hope its held before Christmas ! :wink:

Kaiser1962
07-10-2011, 05:19 PM
No results have yet been announced so I doubt that they would have been issued.

Certainly later than previous years. :agree:

I am not, however, expecting it to be good news.

1875 NO 1
08-10-2011, 09:51 AM
I ken that I am getting even more ancient and diddery, but I have not received the Annual Report and Accounts for 31 July 2011, which is our year end.

Normal procedure is that these are published to shareholders around the second/third week of September.

held back cause results on the park have been so poor. results off the park are worse. The most passionate you will see Rod is at the AGM telling you how quickly the accounts are out.

PR spin by hibs................delay the agm so directors dont get held to task. It shows the contempt that they hold the punters in.

greenginger
08-10-2011, 10:12 AM
PR spin by hibs................delay the agm so directors dont get held to task. It shows the contempt that they hold the punters in.[/QUOTE]

I think it will be more to do with saving Calderwood from a cruxifixion. Criticisiom will be water off a ducks back to Rod and Co. I think they trying to protect their manager.

oldbutdim
08-10-2011, 10:38 AM
A letter is being prepared giving 30 days notice for the Annual General Meeting.

The Statement of Accounts will be sent out to all shareholders with that invitation.

:wink:

The Harp
08-10-2011, 02:20 PM
There's been a lot of quality Hibs literature published recently but i reckon this is one that won't make good reading. If it was in the library - it would have to be in the horror section.:worried:

Beefster
09-10-2011, 07:42 AM
PR spin by hibs................delay the agm so directors dont get held to task. It shows the contempt that they hold the punters in.

I think it will be more to do with saving Calderwood from a cruxifixion. Criticisiom will be water off a ducks back to Rod and Co. I think they trying to protect their manager.

The way that they binned Hughes right before last year's AGM, it appears not.

TornadoHibby
09-10-2011, 10:40 AM

I think that this will be related to an upcoming disclosure of bad news in the financial sense for the 2010/2011 financial year due to, amongst other things, no significant income from player sales, poor results during and dismal final league position for 2010/11 season along with no Cup runs for the same season resulting in substantial reductions in income from those sources over previous years. :agree:

They won't want to face the shareholder fans with all of this whilst the team is still laanguishing at the bottom end of the league table and will probably wait until things have improved in a manner that is sustainable or until the deadline for disclosure whichever is the sooner! :wink:

The Falcon
09-10-2011, 02:08 PM
I think that this will be related to an upcoming disclosure of bad news in the financial sense for the 2010/2011 financial year due to, amongst other things, no significant income from player sales, poor results during and dismal final league position for 2010/11 season along with no Cup runs for the same season resulting in substantial reductions in income from those sources over previous years. :agree:

They won't want to face the shareholder fans with all of this whilst the team is still laanguishing at the bottom end of the league table and will probably wait until things have improved in a manner that is sustainable or until the deadline for disclosure whichever is the sooner! :wink:

Does anybody know how much of an overall shareholding is held by the fans?

tanfield
09-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Minute I would say

barcahibs
09-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Is there any actual requirement for Hibs to hold an AGM at all? I know its become the norm but if the board really did want to avoid the fans couldn't they just not bother having one?

I've got a vague memory of being told that after the whole mercer business, the shares held by fans had no legal standing anymore and were only treated as 'real' shares as a courtesy by Hibs and STF?

Could be total rubbish as I can't remember who told me that or when! It's just something I've always believed

I am a shareholder btw! Just a particularly ignorant one :-)

greenginger
09-10-2011, 04:10 PM
The shares in the old Hibernian F C that went bust are worthless, but the shares issued to former shareholders by STF. are real share with rights to attend and vote at the AGM.

Should the transfer fee for Stokes not be in this set of accounts ?

barcahibs
09-10-2011, 04:13 PM
The shares in the old Hibernian F C that went bust are worthless, but the shares issued to former shareholders by STF. are real share with rights to attend and vote at the AGM.

Should the transfer fee for Stokes not be in this set of accounts ?

Ah, that'll explain that then, just me only half listening to what I was told - sums me up really :)

Cheers for that

The Falcon
09-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Is there any actual requirement for Hibs to hold an AGM at all? I know its become the norm but if the board really did want to avoid the fans couldn't they just not bother having one?

The law changed but may still apply to Hibs although, as you say, if Hibs (STF/Petrie) was as keen to avoid public scrutiny as some suggest it would not be difficult, or costly, to put us in a position whereby an AGM is no longer a requirement dependent on the amount of shares outwith their control, of course.

CropleyWasGod
09-10-2011, 04:26 PM

-)

As Hibs are a private limited company, there is no requirement to hold an AGM. However, they can if they wish. Also, from memory, if 5% of the shareholders (or one director) wish it, then an AGM has to be held.

Mikey
09-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Minute I would say

Yep, less than 1% I think.

Don't quote me on that :greengrin

The Falcon
10-10-2011, 07:25 AM

So, basically, everyone who invested money in Hibs under Duff and Gray lost their shares/cash? But STF refunded those shares by "giving" the fans who held shares in the bust company the equivalent number of shares in the new company?

Is that about right?

Jack
10-10-2011, 07:38 AM

:na na:

Caversham Green
10-10-2011, 08:15 AM

It's actually 2%. HFC Holdings Ltd holds the other 98%.

Mind you, that's 1,200,000 shares, so it could be a large number of people.

oldbutdim
10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
So, basically, everyone who invested money in Hibs under Duff and Gray lost their shares/cash? But STF refunded those shares by "giving" the fans who held shares in the bust company the equivalent number of shares in the new company?

Is that about right?

That's about right.

:thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
10-10-2011, 08:29 AM
It's actually 2%. HFC Holdings Ltd holds the other 98%.

Mind you, that's 1,200,000 shares, so it could be a large number of people.

I dont know how many there are now but at the time of the share issue with the previous owners 1475 people (fans) bought shares in the club. I would imagine none of these fans bought shares in Hibs to sell on so i would surmise that the numbers may well still be pretty similar.