PDA

View Full Version : what about a punt on a 3-4 year deal for G O'C

Comiston Hibee
06-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Does anyone think that if we dangled the carrot of a longer term deal, especially with what he has hanging over him, that G O'C might be tempted?

We could build the next team around him [and one or two others]

btw - it's no punt at our end, it's at his.......:flag:

H18sry
06-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Does anyone think that if we dangled the carrot of a longer term deal, especially with what he has hanging over him, that G O'C might be tempted?

I said the same myself http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?218412-Garry-O-Connor&highlight=garry+oconnor :wink:

.Sean.
06-10-2011, 09:01 PM
As far as i'm aware Garry has informed a few team-mates he has no intention of staying beyond the summer.

If he does stay until then and carries on banging them in, i'll have no problems with him leaving for bigger things - The move will have benefited both parties, although i'd be ecstatic if we somehow managed to hold on to him.

scoopyboy
06-10-2011, 09:49 PM
As far as i'm aware Garry has informed a few team-mates he has no intention of staying beyond the summer.

If he does stay until then and carries on banging them in, i'll have no problems with him leaving for bigger things - The move will have benefited both parties, although i'd be ecstatic if we somehow managed to hold on to him.

That's my understanding as well.

madabouthibs
06-10-2011, 09:51 PM
I'd like to see him take a second stint down south, and making a proper name for himself. I think he would, given the chance.
He knows he's doing well, only this time it can't go to his head too much or he'll be back at square one. Everything he does right from here until his court appearance(s) will impress a judge. A wee shot in the Scotland squad would be another + for him, but unfortunately Avril is standing in the way of that one! :confused:

lucky
06-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes I would take a punt. But as others have said he not going to stay. Hopefully he will south rather than west

Hibbyradge
06-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Yes I would take a punt. But as others have said he not going to stay. Hopefully he will south rather than west

No wonder there are no skint bookies!

What odds could I offer to tempt you to lay, say, a grand on him signing a 3 year deal?

heretoday
06-10-2011, 10:23 PM
He may get a prison sentence of some kind. If so we will have to reassess his relationship to the club.

basehibby
06-10-2011, 11:48 PM

No way can I see this happening - script is for Garry to make a senastional attempt to hit the 100 goals club by the end of this season and head off into multi-million pastures new thereafter - at current scoring ratio he'd stand a decent chance - hope he can keep it up :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
07-10-2011, 12:13 AM
No way can I see this happening - script is for Garry to make a senastional attempt to hit the 100 goals club by the end of this season and head off into multi-million pastures new thereafter - at current scoring ratio he'd stand a decent chance - hope he can keep it up :thumbsup:

He'll need 32 goals out of a maximum of 36 matches that we may still have left of this season, in order to reach 100 goals for Hibs by the end of this season.

That would be a phenomenal achievement if he managed that.

The Falcon
07-10-2011, 07:10 AM

Just out of curiosity, what sort of deal do you think might tempt him?

Hibee87
07-10-2011, 09:18 AM
1700 pw to stay at hibs or 10g a week elswhere, you do the math :wink:

SquashedFrogg
07-10-2011, 04:54 PM

It's maths, maths, maths!! :bitchy:

Jim44
07-10-2011, 09:46 PM
It's maths, maths, maths!! :bitchy:

Can't be bothered with nit-pickers ............... personally I'd prefer to call it arithmetic.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
07-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, what sort of deal do you think might tempt him?

Five g's uncut Colombian.

nortonhibby
07-10-2011, 10:07 PM

your information is correct but if there is a tasty offer in Jan ie Celtic he is off :confused: money talks.

R'Albin
08-10-2011, 04:29 AM
your information is correct but if there is a tasty offer in Jan ie Celtic he is off :confused: money talks.

Oh thanks, I wasn't sure about this info until you confirmed it:agree:

hibiedude
08-10-2011, 05:22 AM
I still say Garry will join Celtic and that will be confirmed in January when he signs a pre-contract.

O'Conner has been great for Hibs and no matter where this guys goes "if" he keeps out of trouble he will do very welll.

We simply can't afford to get him on a longer deal.

erin go bragh
08-10-2011, 08:07 AM

Or reward the only club that gave him the chance to get back playing and scoring by signing a deal. so if he does leave at least we will have the funds to replace him .

GGTTH

Sudds_1
08-10-2011, 09:28 AM

Better to give him a 4 year deal................at least we'll have hin for a season when he gets out of pokey.:wink::greengrin

Tonez
08-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Five g's uncut Colombian.

:greengrin:greengrin

Beefster
08-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Or reward the only club that gave him the chance to get back playing and scoring by signing a deal. so if he does leave at least we will have the funds to replace him .

GGTTH

He's already rewarding us by doing his job very well. I dread to think how bad we'd have been without O'Connor this season.

I've no problem with him moving on in the summer but will be very, very unhappy if Hibs sell him in January. His contribution in the second half of the season would likely outweigh any fee taken in for him.

Peevemor
08-10-2011, 10:03 AM
He's already rewarding us by doing his job very well. I dread to think how bad we'd have been without O'Connor this season.

I've no problem with him moving on in the summer but will be very, very unhappy if Hibs sell him in January. His contribution in the second half of the season would likely outweigh any fee taken in for him.

But it could well be that there's a release clause in his contract, and he wouldn't have signed without it. Everyone will be unhappy but at least we're getting his goals just now.

Jones28
08-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I get the impression that GOC will be gone as soon as a Championship club come in for him, which is a certainty if he keeps up his current form.

As soon as he signed I was certain that he is using Hibs as a stepping stone to get his career kick-started, whether other clubs will give him the chance after what he's done is a different matter.

CallumLaidlaw
08-10-2011, 11:20 AM
I get the impression that GOC will be gone as soon as a Championship club come in for him, which is a certainty if he keeps up his current form.

As soon as he signed I was certain that he is using Hibs as a stepping stone to get his career kick-started, whether other clubs will give him the chance after what he's done is a different matter.

He said as much in an interview when he signed. As long as he scores 25 goals this season and lifts a cup, he can go to any championship club he wants :-)

tamig
08-10-2011, 02:55 PM

There will be no fee if GOC leaves under the terms of his current deal. Hibs won't get a penny.

Dashing Bob S
08-10-2011, 03:07 PM
:greengrin:greengrin

The offer is on the cistern...sorry, the table.

erin go bragh
08-10-2011, 04:36 PM

:tee hee:

ggtth

aberhibsfc
09-10-2011, 08:51 AM

Maybe a cash injection, em, resigning him would be a shot in the arm, erm.

That's not a deal to be sniffed at.....:faint: