PDA

View Full Version : Hah! Look what I found (Hibs related)

.SeventyFive
05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Know the game Sensible Soccer? Well ... it's a Hibs Sensible Soccer sprite - in real life!

> Crikey <

(http://daveybento.blogspot.com/2011/10/paper-toys-are-cool-too.html)I wanna see one with the player getting a red card with a little sad face.

:thumbsup:

Skanko79
06-10-2011, 01:11 AM
sensible world of soccer on the amiga was hands down the greatest football game ever made!

Hal Jordan
06-10-2011, 03:45 AM
It looks like Benny Brazil.

Pete
06-10-2011, 04:37 AM
Hibs and sensible soccer.

The two don't exactly go together right now.

patlowe
06-10-2011, 12:42 PM
sensible world of soccer on the amiga was hands down the greatest football game ever made!

Agreed. Loved the career mode and taking hibs to european glory with O'Neill and McAllister on the wings.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Know the game Sensible Soccer? Well ... it's a Hibs Sensible Soccer sprite - in real life!

> Crikey <

(http://daveybento.blogspot.com/2011/10/paper-toys-are-cool-too.html)I wanna see one with the player getting a red card with a little sad face.

:thumbsup:

They are brilliant!

Are they for sale?

Stevie Reid
06-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Agreed. Loved the career mode and taking hibs to european glory with O'Neill and McAllister on the wings.

It was an amazing game, but dead easy though - I won the Cup Winners Cup with Stenhousemuir in the same season I got promoted to the Premier League.

Was taking too long to get through the 20 seasons for career mode so eventually took the Brazil manager's job and just managed as opposed to playing every game - but the game always towards the end of the 20 seasons and I couldn't get my end of career review :grr:

LancashireHibby
06-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Would always pick Bangor City for some reason and take them to European Cup glory. Anyone ever noticed that the only good 'trial' players were always a right back?

Hibernia Na Eir
06-10-2011, 03:12 PM
sensible world of soccer on the amiga was hands down the greatest football game ever made! Commodore's International Soccer for me! Classic is its day way ahead of anything brought out on the Speccy.

Stevie Reid
06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Would always pick Bangor City for some reason and take them to European Cup glory. Anyone ever noticed that the only good 'trial' players were always a right back?

Loved how the name generator that created a new player combined random first and last names. Some personal favourites: -

Bob Cantona (FRA)

Mika-Matti Minto (ENG)

Gary Poole who played RB for Birmingham was legendary for being the fastest player in the game. Was a snip as well.

Stevie Reid
06-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Commodore's International Soccer for me! Classic is its day way ahead of anything brought out on the Speccy.

Was great for it's time, but Emlyn Hughes' International Soccer was the C64 classic for me, closely followed by Microprose Soccer.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-10-2011, 04:42 PM
The Boss was a decent management game for its time on the speccy, each season took about 3 hrs tho!

Posh Swanny
07-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Was it Sensible Soccer where they didn't have the naming rights for the players so you had the likes of Raan Goggs and Doon Doblin playing for Man Utd? Great times. :thumbsup:

sambajustice
07-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Sensible World of Soccer was class, it had all the main teams but also had the made up teams such as Farm XI and Dutch XI etc. One players whose name sticks out it: Vin Van Der Vom!! brilliant!

aberhibsfc
09-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Used to love bending in a big banana shot and running away celebrating before it hit the net, possibly even before it was in the box.

The frantic shoogeling in front of the box in the last few minutes causing panic in the defending team player.

aberhibsfc
09-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Was it Sensible Soccer where they didn't have the naming rights for the players so you had the likes of Raan Goggs and Doon Doblin playing for Man Utd? Great times. :thumbsup:

It's called Pro Evo these days. Mind you, Pro Evo was some game that was until the PS3 came along.

HibbyAndy
11-10-2011, 08:40 AM
A was barry at Sensi :agree:

Was never oot ma room playing it in the summer of 94!