PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland and qualifying

Hibee87
04-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Can anyone advise all the scenarios for the internationals?

I know the czech's play Spain and lithuania and we play lichenstein and spain,

If we do manage to finish second do we still need to get a ceratain amount of points to guarentee the play off places or is just coming second enough?

Andy74
04-10-2011, 02:57 PM

If we do manage to finish second do we still need to get a ceratain amount of points to guarentee the play off places or is just coming second enough?

We're not qualifying. Wouldn't worry about the scenarios.

Hibee87
04-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Maybe not but still want to know the scenarios, im guessing its the top 8 teams in second place but what about the groups with only 5 in it? how is it all worked out. Im more looking at it as if we will beat lichenstein and spain beat the czech's then what would happen if we get beat from spain (which is without a doubt what will happen) and if lith beat the czech's (which I know is very unlikely) but if it did happen like that are we in the play offs or is there other teams we need to relly on etc? Serious answers please (aye, you andy :wink:)

SteveHFC
04-10-2011, 03:25 PM
On the next matchday (7–8 October):

Czech Republic will secure a play-off spot (and Scotland will be eliminated) if:

they defeat Spain AND Scotland fail to defeat Liechtenstein, OR
they draw with Spain AND Scotland lose to Liechtenstein.

Golden Bear
04-10-2011, 03:25 PM
When does the game kick off on Saturday?

SteveHFC
04-10-2011, 03:26 PM
When does the game kick off on Saturday?

6.30pm

Hibee87
04-10-2011, 03:28 PM
On the next matchday (7–8 October):

Czech Republic will secure a play-off spot (and Scotland will be eliminated) if:

they defeat Spain AND Scotland fail to defeat Liechtenstein, OR
they draw with Spain AND Scotland lose to Liechtenstein.

cool so in theory what I have said is true then if we win and lose and they lose lose 11 points is enough to Guarente a play off sport?

(we might even manage to get a draw in spain if leven has been perfecting his 6-5 formation :greengrin):devil:

littleplum
04-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Maybe not but still want to know the scenarios, im guessing its the top 8 teams in second place but what about the groups with only 5 in it? how is it all worked out. Im more looking at it as if we will beat lichenstein and spain beat the czech's then what would happen if we get beat from spain (which is without a doubt what will happen) and if lith beat the czech's (which I know is very unlikely) but if it did happen like that are we in the play offs or is there other teams we need to relly on etc? Serious answers please (aye, you andy :wink:)

From the BBC site:

"Hosts Poland and Ukraine qualify automatically. All nine group winners qualify. The second-placed team with the highest number of points from matches against the first, third, fourth and fifth placed teams also qualifies. The eight remaining second-placed teams will take part in two-legged play-offs to decide the four remaining qualifiers."

Golden Bear
04-10-2011, 03:30 PM
6.30pm

:aok:

I'll be able to fit the gowf in, have a few bevvies then settle doon to watch the game (or maybe fall asleep:rolleyes:)

brog
04-10-2011, 03:48 PM
The most likely scenario is that because of HP's childishness we play against Lickyspit with no strikers & this time the game only lasts 95 minutes thereby ensuring we don't win ( & therefore qualify ). We then beat Spain away & maintain our 100% record of heroic failure!
Seriously, we have zero chance of qualifying, don't worry about the various scenarios.

Hibs7
04-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Who cares, the SFA don't deserve to have a Scotland team qualifying, bunch of inbred ar$ehole$ run by the west coast mafia.

JimBHibees
04-10-2011, 04:04 PM

In your scenario of Scotland beating Liechtenstein and Spain and Lithuania beating Czech then Scotland would be in a playoff even if they lost to Spain. There are 9 groups, 1 qualifies as best second place the other 8 play off against each other.

I see Darren Fletcher is doubtful for both games because of Tonsillitis which is a shame.

HibsMax
04-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Stranger things have happened. All Scotland has to concern itself with is winning their last two games. Beating Spain in Spain is not impossible. It's highly improbably but not impossible. Keep the faith!!

MacBean
04-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Fixtures (that matter)
Friday:
Czech Republic v Spain
Saturday:
Scotland v Liechtenstein

Tuesday:
Spain v Scotland
Lithuania v Czech Republic

Scenarios:

Czech's win on Friday, Scotland need to win against Liechtenstein and Spain, and hope that Lithuania beat Czech's on last day.

Czech's draw on Friday, Scotland win on Saturday, Scotland need to better Czech's result on last day.

Spain win v Czech's on Friday, Scotland win on Saturday, Scotland need to MATCH Czech's result on last day

Then we'd go into the playoff phase
SIMPLES!

P.s. for those who have no spirit for the national team, keep it to yourselves, there are some of us here who love our country, regardless of the West's media influence.

Hibs7
04-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Ps. I am allowed my opinion whether you like it or not.

MacBean
04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Ps. I am allowed my opinion whether you like it or not.

fair enough, but is there really a need in a comment like this?

Who cares, the SFA don't deserve to have a Scotland team qualifying, bunch of inbred ar$ehole$ run by the west coast mafia.

erse

H18sry
04-10-2011, 05:41 PM

All the Scotland fan's care, and I bet most of them hate the way the team is run also. :agree:

Hibs7
04-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Every one is entitled to their opinion whether you think they are an erse or not, shows how immature you are, is it any wonder decent supporters rarely post on boards like this. It is a free society, at least it was the last time I looked, I know who is the ER$e.

MacBean
04-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Every one is entitled to their opinion whether you think they are an erse or not, shows how immature you are, is it any wonder decent supporters rarely post on boards like this. It is a free society, at least it was the last time I looked, I know who is the ER$e.

Agree with you here, Ive been avoiding posting on here as responses are a nightmare.

You have to look at yourself though as you are the culprit. This is a thread where people are discussing Scotland's qualification chances, a positive thread, yet you've come on and turned it on its head with a volatile post...

Immature? read your first post, and compare it to mine? I'm not the erse, I made a simple comment asking those (in this case you) who didnt care for our national team, to take it elsewhere.... :bye:

Mikey
04-10-2011, 05:51 PM

There are a fair number of "decent supporters" on this thread, but one person is standing out as perhaps being something different.

Can you see who that is?

Hibs7
04-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Well ban me, I support Hibs and not an old firm Scotland team run by idiots and managed by a clown, it may not bother you but you can stick this web site up your erse, free speech? Not on this site, jeez it just gets worse.

Mikey
04-10-2011, 05:59 PM
you can stick this web site up your erse, free speech? Not on this site, jeez it just gets worse.

:na na:

Hibs7
04-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Typical childish reaction mikey.

Mikey
04-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Typical childish reaction mikey.

I know what you're doing :wink:

Hibs7
04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
You are an admin, supposedly !
Time you acted like a grown up one.

Mikey
04-10-2011, 06:05 PM
You are an admin, supposedly !
Time you acted like a grown up one.

It's the oldest trick in the book. Cause a fuss, throw a strop and act all innocent :greengrin

I take it you're back on here because your new home is so quiet :wink:

Hibs7
04-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Ha ha, such a grown up comment, do you post on the Scotsman football stories as well, back on here?, probably been register on here longer than you.
Keep up the attempted insults you are just proving why people are leaving this site.

BroxburnHibee
04-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Ha ha, such a grown up comment, do you post on the Scotsman football stories as well, back on here?, probably been register on here longer than you.
Keep up the attempted insults you are just proving why people are leaving this site.

Seems to me you are deliberately trying to provoke a response (ie. a banning) from Mikey or this site.

Been a few of you trying that lately - I wonder why?

People leaving this site? Aye alright then :bye:

Mikey
04-10-2011, 06:12 PM

There are 1526 users online just now and 1525 of them want to talk about Hibs, and in some cases Scotland. 1 user is being worked from behind by his mates.

:wink:

BroxburnHibee
04-10-2011, 06:14 PM
There are 1526 users online just now and 1525 of them want to talk about Hibs, and in some cases Scotland. 1 user is being worked from behind by his mates.

:wink:

Exactly - pathetic that some former posters on here just cant grow up.

Mikey
04-10-2011, 06:15 PM

Sorry that this has been taken off topic a bit by someone. Feel free to continue :greengrin

Hibs7
04-10-2011, 06:16 PM
If I was trying to provoke anyone it would be a lot worse, just ask any admin how many paying members they have gained in the last 3 years. My guess is it has gone down.
Anyway betters things to do than play silly games with petulant admins. Bye for good, another one gone.

Mikey
04-10-2011, 06:17 PM
If I was trying to provoke anyone it would be a lot worse, just ask any admin how many paying members they have gained in the last 3 years. My guess is it has gone down.
Anyway betters things to do than play silly games with petulant admins. Bye for good, another one gone.

1525 :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
04-10-2011, 06:18 PM

:hilarious

Mikey
04-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Anyway, what was that about qualification? :greengrin

NOLA
04-10-2011, 06:31 PM
scotland wont qualify its as simple as that, shame for the fans as with every tourney we fail to qualify for it gets harder.

Andy74
04-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Weird.

Hibee87
04-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Sorry that this has been taken off topic a bit by someone. Feel free to continue :greengrin Haha no need to appologise my questions been answered and iv had a good chuckle at some peoples biterness. Infact scratch that yous have ruined my thread and these boards. Good bye for good 1524

Zazu62
04-10-2011, 07:59 PM
We blew it in Prague and in Lithuania

essexhibee
04-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm going to Spain and cant wait....gotta beat world and European champions in their back yard. No biggie.

MacBean
04-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm going to Spain and cant wait....gotta beat world and European champions in their back yard. No biggie.

see ya there! :aok:

9 of us staying Alicante Hills Sunday - Wednesday. Missing Leichtenstein due to lack of holidays/cash

edinburghhibee
05-10-2011, 03:45 AM
Come on Scotland for once in my life don't give us the heroic failure feeling, love watching the Scotland games in a full Hampden when the place is rocking, I believe the current crop of players are good enough to go to a major championship however I think this one is just too early for them... I'll be delighted to be proved wrong though.

Bob1875
05-10-2011, 05:58 AM
What's with people saying we have no chance of qualifying etc.. Now fwiw I reckon the Czechs might get something from Spain on Friday but it's hardly a long shot that Spain might turn them over, then they need to goto Kaunus, to play a team that turned them over in Prague? Again, hardly a forgone
conclusion. Although knowing Scotland, Czechs will probably get 0 points from the games then Scotland will do exactly the same. If that happens then Levein must be sacked.

erin go bragh
05-10-2011, 01:13 PM

If we beat Liechtenstein and the Czech rep lose against Spain and Lithuania , we would finnish second .
But if the Czech`s get a point out of the two games, we would need to win our last two to get second.
If the Czech`s get 3pts , were donald ducked .

GGTTH

Hibee87
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
If we beat Liechtenstein and the Czech rep lose against Spain and Lithuania , we would finnish second .
But if the Czech`s get a point out of the two games, we would need to win our last two to get second.
If the Czech`s get 3pts , were donald ducked .

GGTTH

How is second place worked out if were both on same points? is it goal difference or head to head record?

Im guessing if we win v lich 2-0 and they lose to spain 3 - 0 we will be in second and if we get beat form spain but they drew 0-0 we would have 1 more goal diff so would that matter? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-10-2011, 02:06 PM
If we finish on the same points they would be 2nd as they took 4 pts from our games.

calumhibee1
05-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Right so all second place teams go into a playoff, nobody misses out this time? Except the one team which automatically qualifies.. which i'm presuming can't be Scotland?

Nando™
05-10-2011, 03:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_2012_Qualifiers#Ranking_of_second-placed_teams

This explains how 2nd place is decided if we finish on the same points as the Czechs and also which 2nd placed team qualifies automatically.

HibsMax
05-10-2011, 04:00 PM
What a strange turn this thread took!

I don't understand people who don't want their national team to win. Or people who want Hibs to lose games so that CC is punted.

Just before the Red Sox finished shooting themselves in their collective feet there were people in the club that I go to regularly who were saying they hoped the Sox would miss the playoffs because they don't deserve to be there. What a load of crap. Even if you stumble through a campaign and limp in to victory, it's still deserved (officiating fiascos aside).

I want Scotland to qualify and until they are ruled out mathematically I will still believe that they can. I would rather go through life with hope then despair. If we don't make it, I won't be reaching for the pill bottle. I'll just be counting the days til the WC campaign starts. :)

Gus
05-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Scotland and qualifying for a major tournament :faf:

:devil:

I actually would like to see them qualify for a WC/Euro's fwiw