PDA

View Full Version : Its just weegie banter

poolman
04-10-2011, 11:37 AM
:rolleyes:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Celtic-fans-hurl-abuse-at.6847421.jp

blueisthecolour
04-10-2011, 11:42 AM
:rolleyes:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Celtic-fans-hurl-abuse-at.6847421.jp

Not weegie banter, it's just the celtic way.

Moulin Yarns
04-10-2011, 11:42 AM

Touched a nerve, obviously :greengrin

Hibee_Craig7062
04-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Unreal - Utter **** shouting abuse at wee laddies.

while there a select few that look to be shouting abuse not one of the couple of hundred "people" would appear to be giving the boys team any sort of round of applause as they run past. :rolleyes:

Thats even more galling in my opinion.

Hibs Class
04-10-2011, 11:49 AM
I agree completely that it's disgusting, indefensible behaviour by the Celtic supporters, but it was also poor judgement / ill-conceived / provocative by Hearts to pick this game for the lap of honour in the first place.

blueisthecolour
04-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Touched a nerve, obviously :greengrin

The link clearly mentions Rangers as one of the teams that give the teams a good reception, If I had the choice I would do away with the old firm tag, it's Rangers for me and we don't need linked with disgraceful antics just because we are in the same city, if it was rangers fans who done this I doubt the title would have read weegie banter, I would guess at Huns banter or the likes.

Yeah touched a nerve:wink:

Elephant Stone
04-10-2011, 11:52 AM

In my experience with both sets of Old Firm fans, your bunch have been by far the worst, the self proclaimed people who in fact struggle badly at being humans. Taking the moral high ground about Sellick's behaviour is pretty funny though, good job.

Albion Hibs
04-10-2011, 11:54 AM
The link clearly mentions Rangers as one of the teams that give the teams a good reception, If I had the choice I would do away with the old firm tag, it's Rangers for me and we don't need linked with disgraceful antics just because we are in the same city, if it was rangers fans who done this I doubt the title would have read weegie banter, I would guess at Huns banter or the likes.

Lets be honest this is the sort of behaviour that your other thread is trying to have more of a relaxed view on. I think we can all probably guess what was coming out of the celtic fans mouths, which is why I am in complete agreement with the Act that you are trying so hard to have deminished.

Clamp out that behaviour and over a very long period of time you may have a chance of getting rid of the sort that was shown at Tynecastle.

Steve20
04-10-2011, 11:55 AM
In my experience with both sets of Old Firm fans, your bunch have been by far the worst, the self proclaimed people who in fact struggle badly at being humans. Taking the moral high ground about Sellick's behaviour is pretty funny though, good job.

I know people like to claim the Huns are worst behaved but I've found Smeltic fans to be just as bad, if not alot worse than the Huns.

Broken Gnome
04-10-2011, 11:56 AM
"However small a minority, Celtic absolutely condemns such negative behaviour. We do hope photographs of the home support wearing 'John Wilson' masks receive the same level of analysis."

I imagine a Celtic spokesperson who manages to get through a statement without some form of "they were at it tooooooooo waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh" points scoring must spontaneously combust soon after, such is their desperation to drag others into it.

poolman
04-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I agree completely that it's disgusting, indefensible behaviour by the Celtic supporters, but it was also poor judgement / ill-conceived / provocative by Hearts to pick this game for the lap of honour in the first place.

That's a very good point

I wonder who thought that one up :hmmm:

Albion Hibs
04-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I know people like to claim the Huns are worst behaved but I've found Smeltic fans to be just as bad, if not alot worse than the Huns.

Lets be honest, if there was a sheet of the Evening Times between sections of both sets of fans they would be doing well. The "one is not as bad as the other" arguement is best left for them to have between each other.

francobaresi
04-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Vlad's PR machine at work again... It would never happen anywhere else now would it... Well, at least other clubs don't advertise the fact that a couple of morons (and it was only a couple) shouted something at half time...

It's all getting rather boring these playground politics, 'he did this, she said that'... The foibles of the supporter, no wonder people are sick to death of it... Start concentrating on the football again ffs...

Journalists huh...:wink:

Joe
04-10-2011, 12:01 PM
The best fans in the world show their true colours again. I'm suprised the wonderful Celtic fans who are so warm and kind have time inbetween their harp playing and poetry composing to abuse people.

I'm sure this is all a fit up by the powers that be, the knights templar, free masons or elders of Zion to disgrace the greatest fans of the world who stand for all that is good about this world. :rolleyes:

I loath Celtic, talking to Celtic fans you'd think they were the footballing wing of the Paris commune rather than the knuckledraggers and biggots they actually are.

blueisthecolour
04-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Unreal - Utter **** shouting abuse at wee laddies.

while there a select few that look to be shouting abuse not one of the couple of hundred "people" would appear to be giving the boys team any sort of round of applause as they run past. :rolleyes:

Thats even more galling in my opinion.

TBF their is one, top left corner, about 4th person in.

Elephant Stone
04-10-2011, 12:03 PM

For me, Rangers have always been worse. It could be because in their simple yet incredibly opinionated minds we are just a wee Celtic. On a wider, more obvious scale though just look at the UEFA finals:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/3313371.stm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1170496.ece

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Celtic fans but to have this guy here taking the moral high ground and trying to distance himself from the Old Firm tag and the big bad sellic he looks like he could use at least one gentle reminder.

JimBHibees
04-10-2011, 12:05 PM
For me, Rangers have always been worse. It could be because in their simple yet incredibly opinionated minds we are just a wee Celtic. On a wider, more obvious scale though just look at the UEFA finals:

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Celtic fans but to have this guy here taking the moral high ground and trying to distance himself from the Old Firm tag and the big bad sellic he looks like he could use at least one gentle reminder.

It was Chelsea casuals dont you know and the Evening Times headline the next day said Gers fans save Policeman so it must be true. :greengrin

blueisthecolour
04-10-2011, 12:12 PM

Celtic fans never cause bother.

Y 14, 2008

CELTIC FAN JAILED FOR SERIOUS ASSAULT ON CELTIC BARCELONA TRIP

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ewG4dtKAYgw/SHs14sXW3eI/AAAAAAAAAKw/H2xqCIeaupI/s400/img004ny2.jpg (http://bp1.blogger.com/_ewG4dtKAYgw/SHs14sXW3eI/AAAAAAAAAKw/H2xqCIeaupI/s1600-h/img004ny2.jpg)

To give you the gist: Celtic fan goes over for the Barcelona game with members of his family, goes into a bar and decides to smash a pint glass over a customer then attacks the owner. He received 2 two year sentences for assault and causing injury with a dangerous weapon and his family paid nearly 3000 euros worth of damages.

bawheid
04-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Y 14, 2008CELTIC FAN JAILED FOR SERIOUS ASSAULT ON CELTIC BARCELONA TRIP

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ewG4dtKAYgw/SHs14sXW3eI/AAAAAAAAAKw/H2xqCIeaupI/s400/img004ny2.jpg (http://bp1.blogger.com/_ewG4dtKAYgw/SHs14sXW3eI/AAAAAAAAAKw/H2xqCIeaupI/s1600-h/img004ny2.jpg)

To give you the gist: Celtic fan goes over for the Barcelona game with members of his family, goes into a bar and decides to smash a pint glass over a customer then attacks the owner. He received 2 two year sentences for assault and causing injury with a dangerous weapon and his family paid nearly 3000 euros worth of damages.

What does this have to do with anything?

hibs0666
04-10-2011, 12:14 PM

It's not because you are in the same city, it's because you are mirror images and are tied at the hip.

Elephant Stone
04-10-2011, 12:15 PM

Y 14, 2008

One guy? Really?

The difference in the way you both behaved was enormous, there's no getting round that. I'm not saying Celtic fans are brilliant, they're not. I'm saying there are few supporters of other teams worse positioned to have a go at them than yours.

truehibernian
04-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I always have a wee read of your posts blueisthecolour, as you do come across as rational, reasonable and have to say, you never hide away. Opinions count and yours is more often than not reasonably thought out. But for me, as a Hibs fan for years, I can only cast a judgement on the behaviour of fans I have witnessed personally going to games for a long, long time.

Every single team in Scotland has it's problematic supporters, whether it be casuals or the more entrenched sectarian bigots. But for me, the general behaviour of both Celtic and Rangers fans, especially away from home, could only be described on occasion as feral. When I go to Killie, Perth, Hamilton, Tynie or Tannadice, I don't see Hibs fans urinating in gardens, public parks, or taking over roads and pavements and being obstructive. I don't see the respective supporters of the other clubs doing likewise around Easter Road (other than maroon giving me the dry boak). Yes, Hibs fans let themselves down now and again, and in my younger days, I include myself in that kind of behaviour. You are ignorant sometimes with what comes out your mouth when younger and less 'wordly wise' to current events. We are all however aware of our general behaviour in the community and we all should know right from wrong.

But I really do have to say, and trust me I have no love-in with Celtic either, Rangers fans are by far and away the worst set of supporters, as a collective group, when there are games at Easter Road. Their overall behaviour is disgraceful in my opinion, and that is outside the ground. It is therefore hardly surprising that people get tarred with the same brush, and the opinion of Rangers fans, not only in Scotland, is very very poor indeed. And it is not without substance or merit either. If you think urinating, leaving bottles smashed in gardens and parks, singing those 'songs', and generally being a wandering band of drunks is acceptable on your travels, fair enough. I don't think you do though, as you do seem very articulate and balanced. It is a shame that your fanbase don't share your views though on what a supporter is all about. It is not, in my opinion, the minority of your support, especially away from home.

We (the other clubs in the SPL) are not at the beckon call of the Old Firm. Indeed, we really don't need you as much as you (the clubs) think. Money aside, if you were cast out of the SPL, Scottish football would still be there. That is something I think the general fanbase of the OF need to get their heads around too. It is your (clubs) arrogance and fact you think we (other clubs) actually owe you something for your continued presence, that fuels the anger and hostility too. The fact that Rangers have recently kind of mooted the idea of relocating in order to get EPL status shows what a low opinion you have of the SPL, and the 'respect' (or lack of) you have for the other clubs and the good of the Scottish game.

As someone said yesterday, if the SFA and SPL were strong enough, they could introduce large points deductions for 'songs' being sung continually in defiance of the laws. And that's across the board for all clubs. That is what they should be doing. After all........fines would not exactly be guaranteed when dealing with Rangers :greengrin (or Hearts :greengrin)

That aside mate, you do nail your colours to the mast, and you do come on and put your point across well in my opinion (albeit I sometimes don't agree).

Albion Hibs
04-10-2011, 12:26 PM
What does this have to do with anything?

Nothing, it is clearly a saved image that the huns like to bring out when discussing matters such as this. Fortunatly they must have forgotton about Manchester when they were in the final of the UEFA, I have a funny feeling that things may have been a little worse.

In any event, they are both rank, and could probably spend the day with different examples of each. But I am not that bored, we all have our view, one night in Bara is not going to make me think that the folk I had to sit along from on Saturday are the angels of the SPL.

Cabbage East
04-10-2011, 12:30 PM

Y 14, 2008

You again? Is there no hun websites open for business today? No one cares about your shan point scoring with the other weejie lot.

blueisthecolour
04-10-2011, 12:40 PM
One guy? Really?

The difference in the way you both behaved was enormous, there's no getting round that. I'm not saying Celtic fans are brilliant, they're not. I'm saying there are few supporters of other teams worse positioned to have a go at them than yours.

I chose to post one link there are others, I have friends (celtic fans, believe it or not we can be friends) who were at the final and you will have to take my word for this, they seen trouble over there, it was reported on radio clyde (Jim delahunt im sure) a few months ago there was trouble over there and not reported, he was quizzed as to why it wasn't reported which he replied you would have to take that up with the journalist who witnessed the trouble, he would not give their name though.

BTW im not saying all celtic fans are bad, I knew many who are decent people who like myself go to follow their team for the football and nothing more.

Sir David Gray
04-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Clearly the greatest fans in the world. :agree:

To be fair, every club has their fair share of morons but to subject a bunch of kids to that kind of abuse is pretty low.

matty_f
04-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Does anyone else sit wondering how they could give less of a toss about the old firm when things like this come up?

Rangers and Celtc are of absolutely no significance to me. I love Hibernian F.C., anything else is just a sideshow.

Could i name the sectarian songs or the pro-ira ones? No, because i refuse to waste any of my life on it.

The quicker the OF fans realise that outside of themselves nobody actually cares about them, the better IMHO

truehibernian
04-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Does anyone else sit wondering how they could give less of a toss about the old firm when things like this come up?

Rangers and Celtc are of absolutely no significance to me. I love Hibernian F.C., anything else is just a sideshow.

Could i name the sectarian songs or the pro-ira ones? No, because i refuse to waste any of my life on it.

The quicker the OF fans realise that outside of themselves nobody actually cares about them, the better IMHO

Good point matty, but I think that is part of the problem. The arrogance of both the OF, and the fact that they really really do believe that Scottish football would struggle and toil if they left. They really do think that other clubs somehow 'owe' them, and that the money would not be there if they left. I have a completely different point of view......I think Scottish football and Hibs would flourish without them.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Big wows. Front page of the EEN?

JackRegan
04-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Serious amount of mockrage on behalf of the EEN here. And as for the resident huns thoughts....

Most of it was actually just that, banter as the wee guys were kissing their bagdes and some gave us the finger, which I thought was pretty funny. In fact I've been at Tynecastle before when various boys team have paraded or had penalty shoot outs - any playing in Hearts colours or blue get booed and the others get cheered.

BTW All of this was going amid a backdrop of "Glasgow Celtic Paedophiles" "Who ****ged all the boys" and "Big Jock knew chants" from the home fans, so any attempts at trying to grab any moral high ground from Huns or Hearts fans, here is like bald men fighting over a comb.

hibs0666
04-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Serious amount of mockrage on behalf of the EEN here. And as for the resident huns thoughts....

Most of it was actually just that, banter as the wee guys were kissing their bagdes and some gave us the finger, which I thought was pretty funny. In fact I've been at Tynecastle before when various boys team have paraded or had penalty shoot outs - any playing in Hearts colours or blue get booed and the others get cheered.

BTW All of this was going amid a backdrop of "Glasgow Celtic Paedophiles" "Who ****ged all the boys" and "Big Jock knew chants" from the home fans, so any attempts at trying to grab any moral high ground from Huns or Hearts fans, here is like bald men fighting over a comb.

So it was someone else's fault you had to have an IRA rally then?

JackRegan
04-10-2011, 12:52 PM
I chose to post one link there are others, I have friends (celtic fans, believe it or not we can be friends) who were at the final and you will have to take my word for this, they seen trouble over there, it was reported on radio clyde (Jim delahunt im sure) a few months ago there was trouble over there and not reported, he was quizzed as to why it wasn't reported which he replied you would have to take that up with the journalist who witnessed the trouble, he would not give their name though.

BTW im not saying all celtic fans are bad, I knew many who are decent people who like myself go to follow their team for the football and nothing more.

Not quite how it happened - Delahunt backtracked and said he heard it from someone else who he would not name. Funny that.

bawheid
04-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Magic. They're both here now.

I've not got much on this afternoon so might just sit back and be entertained by our resident weegie morons.

blueisthecolour
04-10-2011, 12:59 PM
I always have a wee read of your posts blueisthecolour, as you do come across as rational, reasonable and have to say, you never hide away. Opinions count and yours is more often than not reasonably thought out. But for me, as a Hibs fan for years, I can only cast a judgement on the behaviour of fans I have witnessed personally going to games for a long, long time.

Every single team in Scotland has it's problematic supporters, whether it be casuals or the more entrenched sectarian bigots. But for me, the general behaviour of both Celtic and Rangers fans, especially away from home, could only be described on occasion as feral. When I go to Killie, Perth, Hamilton, Tynie or Tannadice, I don't see Hibs fans urinating in gardens, public parks, or taking over roads and pavements and being obstructive. I don't see the respective supporters of the other clubs doing likewise around Easter Road (other than maroon giving me the dry boak). Yes, Hibs fans let themselves down now and again, and in my younger days, I include myself in that kind of behaviour. You are ignorant sometimes with what comes out your mouth when younger and less 'wordly wise' to current events. We are all however aware of our general behaviour in the community and we all should know right from wrong.

But I really do have to say, and trust me I have no love-in with Celtic either, Rangers fans are by far and away the worst set of supporters, as a collective group, when there are games at Easter Road. Their overall behaviour is disgraceful in my opinion, and that is outside the ground. It is therefore hardly surprising that people get tarred with the same brush, and the opinion of Rangers fans, not only in Scotland, is very very poor indeed. And it is not without substance or merit either. If you think urinating, leaving bottles smashed in gardens and parks, singing those 'songs', and generally being a wandering band of drunks is acceptable on your travels, fair enough. I don't think you do though, as you do seem very articulate and balanced. It is a shame that your fanbase don't share your views though on what a supporter is all about. It is not, in my opinion, the minority of your support, especially away from home.

We (the other clubs in the SPL) are not at the beckon call of the Old Firm. Indeed, we really don't need you as much as you (the clubs) think. Money aside, if you were cast out of the SPL, Scottish football would still be there. That is something I think the general fanbase of the OF need to get their heads around too. It is your (clubs) arrogance and fact you think we (other clubs) actually owe you something for your continued presence, that fuels the anger and hostility too. The fact that Rangers have recently kind of mooted the idea of relocating in order to get EPL status shows what a low opinion you have of the SPL, and the 'respect' (or lack of) you have for the other clubs and the good of the Scottish game.

As someone said yesterday, if the SFA and SPL were strong enough, they could introduce large points deductions for 'songs' being sung continually in defiance of the laws. And that's across the board for all clubs. That is what they should be doing. After all........fines would not exactly be guaranteed when dealing with Rangers :greengrin (or Hearts :greengrin)

That aside mate, you do nail your colours to the mast, and you do come on and put your point across well in my opinion (albeit I sometimes don't agree).

Thanks, I know what you are saying about worst sets of supporters, im sure on the hearts sites they would have much the same opinion except they would highlight celtic as the worst they see, im my own travels the worst ive seen myself is Aberdeen, some unbelievable treatmeat up there and that includes what trouble I see between Rangers and celtic fans.

Let me be clear im not saying Rangers fans are angles, there has been times when ive been angered by antics of some but I will also say we are not all like that.

The spl withour Rangers and celtic, well that's another debate.

As for the deduction of points it would need to be a hell of a lot of points for it to make a differance to other teams in the spl:na na:

As you say im only on here to get opinions of other teams fans, I enjoy the debates and the banter, and tbh I don't expect many to agree with my opinions but what is football without different opinions, there would be no need for this board if we all thought the same.

Sir David Gray
04-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks, I know what you are saying about worst sets of supporters, im sure on the hearts sites they would have much the same opinion except they would highlight celtic as the worst they see, im my own travels the worst ive seen myself is Aberdeen, some unbelievable treatmeat up there and that includes what trouble I see between Rangers and celtic fans.

Let me be clear im not saying Rangers fans are angles, there has been times when ive been angered by antics of some but I will also say we are not all like that.

The spl withour Rangers and celtic, well that's another debate.

As for the deduction of points it would need to be a hell of a lot of points for it to make a differance to other teams in the spl:na na:

As you say im only on here to get opinions of other teams fans, I enjoy the debates and the banter, and tbh I don't expect many to agree with my opinions but what is football without different opinions, there would be no need for this board if we all thought the same.

I don't know about that.

From my experience, a large number of your supporters have been known to be quite obtuse at times. :agree:

JackRegan
04-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Magic. They're both here now.

I've not got much on this afternoon so might just sit back and be entertained by our resident weegie morons.

Well it is my team's support getting talked about. Why the resident hun is on is anyone's guess but it all looks a bit "needy" if you ask me.

For the record, I only ever come on here when my club is talked about. You've had plenty of threads about der hun on here where I don't join in the slagging - what would be the point?

blueisthecolour
04-10-2011, 01:12 PM

Better watch jack you might get a chap at the door for your remark, I wasn't trying to grab any moral high ground in this thread as you may notice it was a hibs fans who started using weegie banter as the title I simply pointed out it was not weegie banter but celtic fans banter, ok I used the celtic way saying tongue in cheek, the rest of my posts were giving reply to others who brought my team in to things as im sure you would had it been the other way round.

Part/Time Supporter
04-10-2011, 01:13 PM
LOL at the classic bit of "whataboutery" by the Celtc spokesman.

matty_f
04-10-2011, 01:17 PM

:hilarious:

Is this the first recorded instance of someone using 'a wee boy did it and ran away' as an excuse??

Totally shocked to see an Old Firm fan pointing out that others were naughty as well as some sort of justification for their own piss poor behaviour. Never thought I'd see the day that happened.

blueisthecolour
04-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Well it is my team's support getting talked about. Why the resident hun is on is anyone's guess but it all looks a bit "needy" if you ask me.

For the record, I only ever come on here when my club is talked about. You've had plenty of threads about der hun on here where I don't join in the slagging - what would be the point?

Don't you worry if it looks needy Jack im sure there is more for you to be concerned about, ive been on for the last week or so as my team were gearing up to playing against hibs, and banter has been exchanged nothing more nothing less, I assume you mean you only post if your team is mentioned otherwise you wouldn't have known there was a thread about you team.

JackRegan
04-10-2011, 01:22 PM
So it was someone else's fault you had to have an IRA rally then?

The thing is though, that's not what he's written about.

He could have slaughtered us for that and to be honest, I'd not really have an issue with that, but why he chose to ignore that and go with the angle he did, is anyone's guess.

At the end of the day, too many people in Scotland love reading about how ****my Timmy is, getting all offended by whatever we come up with next and it makes them feel better, plus it sells papers.

Funny how nothing is made of the comments made by fans visiting Celtic Park when our youth teams parade a cup they've won.

JackRegan
04-10-2011, 01:27 PM
:hilarious:

Is this the first recorded instance of someone using 'a wee boy did it and ran away' as an excuse??

Totally shocked to see an Old Firm fan pointing out that others were naughty as well as some sort of justification for their own piss poor behaviour. Never thought I'd see the day that happened.

Of course Matty, that is what I am saying....

My point iswe gave it out, they gave it back - it was banter and had it happened at a ground even 10 years ago nothing would have been made of this. As i said, I actually thought it was pretty funny.

truehibernian
04-10-2011, 02:20 PM

My point iswe gave it out, they gave it back - it was banter and had it happened at a ground even 10 years ago nothing would have been made of this. As i said, I actually thought it was pretty funny.

Thing is Jack, I honestly believe that Celtic's 'behaviour', both fans and club officials, are down to the style of management you now have.

I make no apology for the fact that when you were managed by O'Neill, in European games, I was rooting for you. Not so much because I liked Celtic, more for the admiration I had for Martin O'Neill and his staff. He was a very humble, dignified manager. The way he conducted himself off the field, and the praise he gave for opponents was always refreshing. You can add in Tommy Burns too for having the same approach, very measured, calm and with good grace and humility. If fans see and hear that kind of approach, they themselves act in a far less confrontational manner (I still enjoyed Hibs humping you though on the odd occasion it happened :greengrin).

Everything about Celtic, the stance they take with other teams, other organisations, referees.......it's aggressive. Lennon's style of management, backed up I have to say by Lawell, is the same as it was as a player. Thriving on pressure, confrontation, and anger. He is a very frustrated man, comes across that way, and for me, this is why he will never truly make a great manager. For me he needs a real old head beside him, someone composed and rational, measured. The way he acts from the sidelines transmits itself to your fans. That in turn leads to where we are today........sometimes Celtic v The World. But it needn't be that way.

For me you have regressed since O'Neill, because your management and board have become almost anti-establishment, although the things that they question and get animated about, are things that if you sat down and really looked at, you'd realise you have been getting more than your fair share of the 'rub of the green' for many many years. A thing that's lacking at Celtic Park, again only my opinion, is respect for the game. But that starts at the top and filters down IMHO.

matty_f
04-10-2011, 02:27 PM

Glad you found it funny, now that you know (from the quotes from one of the coaches) that it made the boys feel uncomfortable and put a downer on their day, do you still think it's funny, and do you think they saw it as banter?

Here's what the coach said:

Coach Robert Hardie said: "It is such an exciting day for them, they get to run through the tunnel in front of a packed stadium. Then for that to happen put a real dampener on it, you could see some of them were really shaken and shocked by it.

"Fortunately they're kids, so they will bounce back, but it was a disgrace."

But it's ok, cos some Hearts fans were singing about Big Jock, so it now becomes excusable, oh and the 13 year old laddies gave us the finger, so they had it coming.:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
04-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Thing is Jack, I honestly believe that Celtic's 'behaviour', both fans and club officials, are down to the style of management you now have.

I make no apology for the fact that when you were managed by O'Neill, in European games, I was rooting for you. Not so much because I liked Celtic, more for the admiration I had for Martin O'Neill and his staff. He was a very humble, dignified manager. The way he conducted himself off the field, and the praise he gave for opponents was always refreshing. You can add in Tommy Burns too for having the same approach, very measured, calm and with good grace and humility. If fans see and hear that kind of approach, they themselves act in a far less confrontational manner (I still enjoyed Hibs humping you though on the odd occasion it happened :greengrin).

Everything about Celtic, the stance they take with other teams, other organisations, referees.......it's aggressive. Lennon's style of management, backed up I have to say by Lawell, is the same as it was as a player. Thriving on pressure, confrontation, and anger. He is a very frustrated man, comes across that way, and for me, this is why he will never truly make a great manager. For me he needs a real old head beside him, someone composed and rational, measured. The way he acts from the sidelines transmits itself to your fans. That in turn leads to where we are today........sometimes Celtic v The World. But it needn't be that way.

For me you have regressed since O'Neill, because your management and board have become almost anti-establishment, although the things that they question and get animated about, are things that if you sat down and really looked at, you'd realise you have been getting more than your fair share of the 'rub of the green' for many many years. A thing that's lacking at Celtic Park, again only my opinion, is respect for the game. But that starts at the top and filters down IMHO.

That is a great post IMO. Lennon is a strange character IMO I know people that have been in his company and he apparently comes over as a complete gent off the pitch. I also know of a young kid who was signed as a youth at Motherwell and a ball boy (also an avid Gers fan) when Lennon was still playing and apparently Lennon was one of the very few players who passed the time of day with the kids. His behaviour in the last year to me has been appalling in the main however and hasnt helped him or his club one bit. You can throw in the appointment of Dr Reid as another awful decision as he is the most arrogant man on the planet.

connerg
04-10-2011, 04:34 PM
It's not because you are in the same city, it's because you are mirror images and are tied at the hip.
:top marksTwo cheeks of the same the same erse! Why are they called the old firm? because they both join together to manipulate Scottish football to benefit themselves. They need each other financially, more than they are willing to admit.

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2011, 04:55 PM

They used too be different, once it was:

Celtic fans = huns with a persecution complex.

Rangers fans = jaikey's with a superiourity complex.

Now it's almost impossible to tell them apart. Even the strips look the same.

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't know about that.

From my experience, a large number of your supporters have been known to be quite obtuse at times. :agree:

They tend to be squares, man.

son of haggart
04-10-2011, 08:13 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/98d375f2.jpg

A few others might be circled in this picture. Fair to say that once the booing started a reasonable proportion of the Celtic fans clapped. And you can see a few doing it in the picture.

In no way is it fair to suggest that Hearts or the boys (some of whom were ironically Celtic fans) brought this on themselves.

As for the songs Jack claims to have heard there's a lengthy discussion on kickback. Seems to have been a verse or two of Hullo Hullo sung and a few nobs standing up and shouting abuse, a couple of attempts by a few in section N to sing 'Rule britannia' and that's about it. Still not great but a big improvement on previous years and there does seem to be a swing away from getting involved in this crap from all but a few.

TrickyNicky
05-10-2011, 01:43 AM
I don't know about that.

Saw what you did there, that was acute one!:greengrin

Skanko79
05-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Both as bad as each other in my opionion, ****, always have been, always will be.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Big wows. Front page of the EEN? Exactly! Is anybody really THAT bothered?

Hibernia Na Eir
05-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Are Hearts/EEN not forgetting what happened at this very same stadium in May?

Short memories...

Wotherspiniesta
05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Nobody notice the wee Jambo at the front giving the old cupped ear to the Celtc fans? He should be circled aswell :agree:

Seriously though, I just counted out 9 people clapping and 9 people jeering. Who cares?

Gettin' Auld
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
I've no wish to leap to the defence of either of the Gruesome Twosome, but the people who look to be shouting obviously can't be heard, so how does anyone know that the were shouting abuse?.......They could have been shouting anything at all.

poolman
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z17/alanhmfc/98d375f2.jpg

A few others might be circled in this picture. Fair to say that once the booing started a reasonable proportion of the Celtic fans clapped. And you can see a few doing it in the picture.

In no way is it fair to suggest that Hearts or the boys (some of whom were ironically Celtic fans) brought this on themselves.

As for the songs Jack claims to have heard there's a lengthy discussion on kickback. Seems to have been a verse or two of Hullo Hullo sung and a few nobs standing up and shouting abuse, a couple of attempts by a few in section N to sing 'Rule britannia' and that's about it. Still not great but a big improvement on previous years and there does seem to be a swing away from getting involved in this crap from all but a few.

No praise like self praise I suppose

All of a sudden and in the blink of an eye the Yams have done away with their Diet hun squad :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
05-10-2011, 09:34 PM
:top marksTwo cheeks of the same erse! Why are they called the old firm? because they both join together to manipulate Scottish football to benefit themselves. They need each other financially, more than they are willing to admit.

Very true Connerg :agree:

son of haggart
06-10-2011, 09:41 PM
No praise like self praise I suppose

All of a sudden and in the blink of an eye the Yams have done away with their Diet hun squad :rolleyes:

Not at all - they are still with us unfortunately and nobody is denying it - there is a constant argument going on about it on kickback, with the same old people justifyng what is dne with the same old 'banter' arguments. It was a big improvement because it didn't spread beyond the usual places so it seems to be settling down to a small section of fans.

son of haggart
06-10-2011, 09:43 PM

That's a great post.